Fujitsu introduced the ScanSnap iX500 desktop scanner for Mac or PC featuring built-in Wi-Fi connectivity giving customers the ability to scan directly to their iOS compatible devices. The new scanner offers faster scanning speeds, a new advanced feeding system, an intelligent and customizable Quick Menu, and scan to cloud-based services such as Evernote, Google Docs, Dropbox, SugarSync and Salesforce. The ScanSnap iX500 also comes equipped with a revolutionary “GI” image processor inside the scanner so users can instantly scan and transmit PDF or JPEG files, to their mobile devices without the use of a computer.
Utilizing the free “ScanSnap Connect” app on their mobile device or tablet, ScanSnap users achieve a whole new level of convenience in scanning; literally from the palm of their hand. The “ScanSnap Connect” app can be downloaded in the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store and can be used with both the iPad and iPhone running iOS 4.3 or later and Android compatible tablets and smartphones running OS 2.23.
[youtube id=”ZOyRH2Ojq4Q” width=”610″ height=”373″]
Enhanced with USB 3.0 connectivity, the ScanSnap iX500 provides the same easy-to-use one-button scanning and advanced imaging technology that earned top honors in their prior ScanSnap S1500 scanner. Additional new and innovative features of the ScanSnap iX500 include:
- Faster Scanning Performance: Utilizing the increased power of its engine and “GI” image processor, the iX500 can create PDF files at speeds of up to 25 double-sided color pages per minute (300dpi, color) — that’s 25 percent faster than its predecessor.
- Advanced Document Feeding System: Inheriting the superior paper feeding technology driving the higher-end scanners from Fujitsu, the iX500 achieves exceptional feeding reliability using enhanced “Separation Roller” technology to maximize feeding reliability across an even wider range of documents and scanning situations.
- Customizable Quick Menu: For additional convenience and flexibility, the ScanSnap Quick Menu is fully customizable and automatically appears after scanning providing a quick and easy way to send those scanned documents to several popular “Scan-To” applications. Furthermore, the Quick Menu incorporates new intelligence that anticipates the appropriate application while keeping users in the driver’s seat for easy and faithful disposition of content.
- Cloud Services Support: Users can scan documents directly to Evernote, Google Docs, Dropbox, SugarSync and Salesforce Chatter from their Mac or PC, giving them even more flexibility to store, share and access their paperwork. Whether it is scanning contracts, bills, invoices, or business cards on the road or using a PC in one place and a Mac in another, consumers have the necessary tools to be even more productive and paperless virtually anywhere.
- Efficient Business Card Scanning: Mac users can conveniently scan their business cards and export the contact information directly to Address Book or Outlook for Mac. While PC users can capture a business card, extract the information automatically and export it to Outlook, Excel, Salesforce and other contact management software.
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 is available now for $495.