Fujitsu today introduced the completely wireless ScanSnap iX100 portable scanner for $230 with a built-in rechargeable lithium battery for untethered anywhere, anytime scanning. Weighing in at just over 14 ounces, the iX100 scans a color document at nearly 5.2 seconds per page at 300dpi with a simple push of a button. Both USB and Wi-Fi connectivity options are available for scanning at home, in the office or on the road.
Equipped with the same revolutionary “GI” image processor technology in the ScanSnap iX500 desktop scanner, the ScanSnap iX100 enables users to quickly transmit searchable PDF or JPEG files such as receipts, business documents, bills, business cards, and plastic ID cards directly to a Windows or Mac computer, as well as iOS, Android and Kindle Fire mobile devices.
Utilizing the free “ScanSnap Connect” app on a mobile device or tablet, anyone can connect to the scanner through Direct Connect mode by selecting the iX100 as the Wi-Fi network and immediately begin scanning crystal clear images to their device. At home or in the office, users can connect to an existing wireless access point, or simply connect via the iX100 Direct Connect mode if there isn’t a traditional Wi-Fi network available.
- Dual Scan: The ScanSnap iX100 is able to feed more than one small document at a time so that users can be more efficient and productive when scanning several business cards or receipts.
- Automatic Document Stitching: Documents larger than legal size1, such as charts and diagrams, can be easily scanned and stitched together. Simply fold the documents in half, scan both sides, and the iX100 will automatically stitch it back together, producing a one-page image.
- Battery Powered: The iX100 includes a built-in rechargeable lithium battery capable of scanning up to 260 sheets2 continuously and when fully charged.
- Multiple Document Feeding Options: With an adjustable two-way paper path, the ScanSnap iX100 is able to support a wide range of documents such as plastic cards, IDs or thick stock straight through. When in tight or cluttered workspaces, the U-turn path returns scanned documents upward back to the waiting hand of the operator.
- Continuous Document Feeding (CDF): Utilizing the scanner’s Continuous Document Feeding (CDF) capability, users are able to scan several pages very quickly. Simply press the scan button on the first page and then insert each remaining sheet into the guide to have iX100 automatically feed them through.
- ScanSnap Receipt: Users can enjoy a whole new level of convenience with ScanSnap Receipt software powered by ABBYY, a world leader in optical character recognition. This robust new software intelligently and automatically extracts data from receipts, allowing users to manage them all in one place.
- CardMinder: For efficiency in business card scanning, CardMinder automatically extracts the information on business cards into editable fields that can be exported to Outlook, Excel, Salesforce and other contact management software.
- Intelligent and Convenient Document Processing: Comes loaded with a full suite of intelligent scanning features such as automatic paper size and color detection along with automatic de-skew and orientation.
- Cloud Services Support: Users can scan documents directly to Evernote, Google Docs, Dropbox, SugarSync, and Salesforce from their computer, giving them even more flexibility to store, share and access their paperwork.
- ScanSnap Manager: Provides users with one-button searchable PDF creation, access to intelligent features, and custom scan settings (profiles) for a simple operation with sophisticated results.
- ScanSnap Organizer: Offers users a convenient way to store, manage and view PDF and JPEG files as well as perform post-scan editing and searchable PDF conversion.
- ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap: ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap allows users to be productive by quickly transforming their paperwork into editable Word and Excel files at the push of a button.
Pricing and Availability
The Fujitsu ScanSnap iX100 is available now for $229 with a three-month Evernote Premium license while supplies last.