Features Higher Battery Life Rating, Streamlined Design and Smarter Features
Toshiba announced the mini NB305, the next generation of its award-winning netbook, built for comfort, style and extended computing time. The super-compact companion PC features a sleek new form factor, an impressive battery life rating of up to 11 hours, plus enhanced performance and features for greater ease of use.
“Our first netbook in the U.S. market stood out from the competition because we fixed what was broken in the previous generation of netbooks,” said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. “As the category continues to evolve, we’re pushing the envelope even further to deliver the next generation that again exceeds customer expectations with better performance, an even higher battery life rating and smarter features that enhance the mobile computing experience.”
The Toshiba mini NB305 features a design that is comfort-driven and easy-to-use. Unlike many netbooks, the mini NB305 features a comfortable full-size keyboard, plus a full-size touchpad, making navigation easy and intuitive. The mini NB305 is enhanced by an energy-efficient design, featuring a 10.1-inch diagonal TruBrite LED backlit display, plus the latest Intel Atom N450 processor, which delivers an improvement over previous generation processors in power-efficiency, enabling the significant increase in the netbook’s battery life rating.
The mini NB305 features a spacious 250GB hard drive, which is supported by Toshiba’s Hard Drive Impact Sensor that guards data from the daily bumps of mobile life and a USB port with Sleep-and-Charge that enables users to charge various consumer electronics devices though USB even when the unit is turned off or in sleep mode.
Style and Eco-Conscious Design
The mini NB305 is available in two configurations.
- The mini NB305-N410 features a stylish cover with a unique Texture Finish in three color options — Java Brown, Frost White and Royal Blue — a raised-tile keyboard in silver and an accenting chrome hinge.
- The mini NB305-N310 features Toshiba’s sophisticated Fusion Finish in Black Onyx and a sleek, flat keyboard with Black Matte finish.
Continuing Toshiba’s commitment to help consumers and businesses reduce their carbon footprint, the mini NB205 is power efficient, meeting the rigorous requirements of the EnergyStar 5.0 standard, achieved industry-leading Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) Gold status and is RoHS compliant.
Features available on the Toshiba mini NB305 netbook include:
- 10.1-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite backlit LED display (WSVGA)
- Windows 7 Starter operating system
- Intel Atom N450 processor
- 1GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, upgradeable to 2GB
- Spacious storage with up to 250GB HDD
- 802.11b/g/n wireless and 10/100 Ethernet
- Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR (available on select models)
- TOSHIBA Hard Drive Impact Sensor
- Toshiba Bulletin Board
- Toshiba ReelTime
- Toshiba PC Health Monitor
- Lightweight and very portable at only 2.6 lbs.
- Long-life 6-cell battery with battery life rating up to 11 hours
- One USB port with Sleep-and-Charge and two USB 2.0 ports
- Memory Card Reader Slot
- Built-in Webcam, speaker and microphone
- One-year international limited warranty and award-winning Toshiba service and support
Pricing and Availability
The Toshiba mini NB305 netbooks will be available on January 12 at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba on toshibadirect.com. Pricing ranges from $349.99 to $399.99 MSRP.