Following up on the enormous success of the black-finished SL-1210GAE turntable launched last year, the Japanese brand has introduced the Technics SL-1210G Turntable in…you guessed it…black.
If the SL-1210G looks rather familiar, your eyes are not deceiving you; the model is just a fancier looking version of the direct-drive Technics SL-1200G.
That particular model, according to European Technics product manager Frank Balzuweit, almost immediately sold out. “We realised there was high demand for a ‘regular’ black version of this flagship 1200 Series model. In its striking black finish, the new SL-1210G possesses genuine elegance,” Balzuweit says.
The tonearm is manufactured from magnesium (chosen for its high damping effect), with the tonearm bearings benefitting from a cut-processed housing for high initial motion sensitivity.
The platter, meanwhile, has a three-layer platter construction that’s highly dampened, with each platter individually adjusted for balance.
- Iron-coreless direct-drive motor with double rotor/single stator
- A hybrid encoder for rotational speed detection that uses a ‘Hall Sensor’ for rotor position detection
- A tonearm made from cold-drawn magnesium
- The tonearm bearings use a cut-processed housing
- A three-layer platter where each platter is individually adjusted for balance
- 4-layer high-rigidity cabinet with heavy aluminium top plate and silicone-rubber insulators
Price & Availability
The Technics SL-1210G Turntable will be available from October 2021 for $4,000 USD.
Technics have sold more than 3,500,000 turntables over the years and we expect this one to be gone rather quickly.
For more information: Technics Turntables