- Networking capabilities allow for monitoring projection functions and operation via web browser
- Fixed ultra-short focus lens and proprietary optical engine facilitates the projection of images up to 80-inches from a distance of approximately 3-inches
- Optimal projection technology for classrooms, conference rooms, and advertising
SANYO, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of LCD and DLP projectors introduces the PLC-XL51 LCD Projector, an upgrade to the previous PLC-XL50. The PLC-XL51 offers the same unique short throw distance design that was introduced on the PLC-XL50, and now includes added brightness at 2700 Lumens, a SD card slot for presentations without a PC, in addition to networking capabilities.
The PLC-XL51 is equipped with SANYO’s exclusive PJ Network Interface for wired and wireless networking, a popular feature among SANYO’s extensive line of commercial projectors. Networking allows the monitoring of projector functions and operation from a long distance via a web browser. The wireless interface is compatible with IEEE802.11b/g standards, offering transfer speeds up to 54Mbps and providing WEP 64/128-bit security and Mac OS compatibility.
The unique short throw distance design incorporated into the PLC-XL51 allows the projector to function in virtually any environment. By shortening the distance for projection, the options for installation are greatly improved, which includes floor, tabletop and wall mount projection. The variety of applications is almost limitless, providing effective, quick and easy presentations or announcements. For instance:
- Projecting a large screen on the floor in a pre-school creates a new style of teaching and classroom interaction.
- Used as a tabletop projector, images can be projected on a dark surface allowing designers and architects to see their designs more visually for review or additional inspiration
- The projector can be used in a department store to advertise sales products in hallways or on open floor spaces
“The PLC-XL51 will be the projector of choice for many space constrained applications, particularly in the educational and public information markets,” says Mark Holt, the Vice President and General Manager for SANYO’s Presentation Technologies Division. “This is a powerful and revolutionary display tool for the office, digital signage (electronic advertising) and classrooms, creating a more impressive ambience in any location and now with SANYO’s networking capabilities.”
In order for SANYO to shorten the projection distance of the PLC-XL51, a large diameter aspheric lens and high-precision aspheric mirror were used. This enables large magnification without distortion, even from an ultra-short distance. For instance, the PLC-XL51 is capable of projecting an 80-inch image approximately from a distance of only 3-inches (8 cm). This creates an opportunity to project extremely large images in any room or space that is available.
Additional features include a proprietary cooling system that is a one-way flow design consisting of an air intake and exhaust mechanism on the main body of the projector. Top and Bottom Keystone Correction is provided for proper alignment of the projector. The Color Board Mode allows adjustment of the hue when projecting an image on a colored (non-white) surface so that it appears to be projected on a white surface. The additional Black Board Mode enables educational institutions to use the projector with all standardized educational boards.
The PLC-XL51 has been outfitted with a built-in vibration sensor alert. An alarm sounds when the unit is picked up, proving to be an effective theft-deterrent. There is also a PIN code to lock the projector when not in use. The unit turns on automatically when the power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet and with the Easy-Off function it’s possible to remove the power cord without waiting for the machine to cool down, which is convenient for quickly clearing away the area after a presentation.
- Brightness: 2700 lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 600:1 T.B.D.
- Uniformity: approx. 80% (corner to center) T.B.D.
- Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Lamp: 275W NSHA
- PC I/O: D-sub 15-pin Input x 1, D-sub15-pin Input and Output (Switchable) x 1
- Video Input: Component Input (RCAx3), Composite (RCA), S-Video
- Audio: Stereo mini-jack input and output, Analog stereo input (RCAx2)
- LAN Terminal: RJ-45
- Additional inputs: SD Card slot
- Service Port: RS-232C
- Dimensions: 14.72 (W) x 7.75 (H) x 19.5 (D) inches (374.0 x 196.8 x 495.0 mm)
- Weight: 16.9 lbs. (7.7 kg) T.B.D.
The PLC-XL51 will be shipping in September 2008 with a MSRP of $3,995.00.
SANYO Electric Co., Ltd. is a multi-billion-dollar global leader in providing solutions for the environment, energy and for lifestyle applications based on its brand vision ‘Think GAIA’. SANYO Fisher Company (a division of SANYO North America Corporation, a subsidiary of SANYO Electric Co., Ltd.), based in Chatsworth, California, markets digital projectors, digital still cameras, digital media camcorders, home appliances, security video equipment, audio systems, portable and mobile electronics and HD televisions. For more information on SANYO’s complete line of projectors please call 888-495-3452 or visit http://www.sanyoPROJECTORS.com.