Samsung today unveiled two new Windows 8 tablets, the ATIV Q convertible device and the ultra-thin ATIV Tab 3. The Q offers a 13.3-inch touchscreen and slide-out keyboard, along with the ability to run Android apps on Windows. The 10.1-inch Tab 3 takes claim as the world’s thinnest Windows 8 tablet, and offers improved S Pen functionality.
Samsung ATIV Q
- Enjoy Android Apps on Windows: Addressing consumers’ desire to access Android apps on a Windows-based PC, the ATIV Q allows users to experience both Windows 8 and Android (Jellybean 4.2.2) on the same device. Users will not only get access to Android apps via Google Play but also be able to transfer files, ro sharing folders and files from Windows 8 to Android, truly marrying the mobile and PC experiences.
- Versatility to Suit Any Environment or Needs: The ATIV Q sports an innovative hinge design that allows the user to transform the tablet into 4 functional modes. Lay the display flat over the keyboard for tablet mode. Raise the display upright to type just like a laptop. Float and adjust the display to a comfortable viewing angle Or flip the display to place in the stand mode to watch movies with ease. The four-in-one design of the ATIV Q easily adjusts to give users all the options they need in one device. ATIV Q is also extremely thin and lightweight for optimum portability. At 1.29kg and only 13.9mm, it’s easy to take everywhere you go.
- The Ultimate Viewing Experience: The ATIV Q introduces the world’s highest resolution, QHD+ (3200×1800) display. The tablet’s 13.3-inch touch screen offers 2.8 times higher pixel density (275ppi) than full HD displays for viewing the finest of details. ATIV Q is also designed to provide an optimized viewing experience regardless of location and high brightness in outdoor environment.
Samsung ATIV Tab 3
- Ultimate Mobility: The ATIV Tab 3 is the perfect device for on-the-go users. The frame is incredibly thin and light at only 8.2 millimeters thick and 550g in weight, making it a perfect companion device for travel as well as transporting between work and home. The ATIV Tab 3 also features up to 10 hours of battery life, eliminating the need to carry a charger for most long-distance flights.
- Full Windows Experience for Work and Play: The ATIV Tab 3 runs Windows 8 with the ability to run Windows app and programs, as well as coming preloaded with Office Home & Student for the best experience whether at home, at work or on go.
Both the ATIV Q and Tab 3 also enable superior productivity with S-Pen functionality, enabling users to easily make written updates to creative and work.
SideSync is available on the ATIV Q and ATIV Tab 3, enabling users to switch from working on their PC to an Android-based Samsung smartphone with simplicity and ease. With SideSync, the user’s PC and mobile device become one. Simply use the PC keyboard to respond to a text on a mobile phone; view maps on a larger screen, display photos and videos on both devices to make editing files even easier; or use an ATIV PC to back up and charge mobile devices. With SideSync, users enjoy more productivity with fewer interruptions to work and everyday life.
ATIV Q Product Specifications
|Processor||Intel Core i5|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 4400|
|Hard Disk Drive||128GB SSD|
|Battery Life||Battery Life||Up to 9 hours|
|I/O Ports||USB Ports||1xUSB3.0, 1xUSB2.0, HDMI, RJ45 (dongle), HP/Mic combo, micro SD|
ATIV Tab 3 Product Specifications
|Processor||Intel ATOM Z2760|
|Hard Disk Drive||64GB eMMC|
|Battery Life||Battery Life||10 hours|
|I/O Ports||USB Ports||1x micro USB 2.0, micro HDMI, micro SD|