Business-Grade Display With DisplayPort, Ethernet Connections For Digital Signage
NEC announced the addition of the 52-inch S521 to its S Series, which includes the 40-inch S401 and 46-inch S461 LCD displays. This full high-definition display is designed for environments with extended operation times, such as airports, retail and other public areas, as well as applications including corporate boardrooms, meeting rooms and video conferencing systems.
The S521’s ambient light sensor provides optimum brightness based on existing light conditions, while its Enhanced Digital Signage Technology Suite boasts more than 30 built-in features to benefit a variety of applications. This model aligns with its S Series siblings in maintaining a low level of power consumption and offering a number of digital connection options, along with the standard analog connections, to satisfy the myriad of large-format display applications in which it can be installed. Users can take advantage of remote monitoring and flexible control by utilizing Ethernet, IR, RS-232 in/out and DDC/CI.
“The immense capabilities provided in the S521 give businesses the opportunity to increase their visibility with customers and communicate more effectively, all the while maintaining efficient use of energy,” said Luke Bruschuk, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “Its advanced cooling design elongates the product’s lifetime and minimizes the likelihood of image retention and inconsistent color display, which are crucial for those extended operation applications. The S521’s full, high-definition 52-inch screen creates brilliant images, and its value grows significantly when additional methods of displaying content are readily available through the future-proofing expansion slot.”
Below is a partial list of features included in the S521:
- 1920 x 1080 full high-definition resolution
- Brightness up to 500 cd/m2
- Business-grade panel with advanced cooling design to prevent likeliness of image retention and improved color uniformity
Broad connectivity with DisplayPort, VGA, DVI-D, 5 BNC (RGB/HV), composite, component, S-Video, HDMI
- Enhanced control through Ethernet, RS-232 in/out, IR and DDC/CI
- Built-in expansion slot, which increases connectivity options and methods for displaying content
- Real-time clock and built-in scheduler, which allows for advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down, increasing lifecycle and saving energy
- Video wall capabilities including Individual or Group ID functions, copy settings function; TileMatrix (up to 100 displays in a 10 x 10 matrix) and TileComp technologies
- AmbiBright, which assures users constant and consistent brightness in any lighting condition with the ambient light sensor
- Carbon footprint meter, which calculates and tracks carbon savings
- ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
- Built-in tuner, which allows users to stream content as high as 1080P, as well as ATSC/NTCS/Clear QAM signals (S521-AVT only or through MPD-DTi tuner card accessory)
Optional accessories and products for the S521 include the NEC Display Wall Calibrator, SpectraViewII Color Calibration Kit, stand, speakers, wall mount, single board computer, DVI daisy chain module and internal HD-SDI card. The new MPD-DTi analog/digital tuner card enables users without a tuner to broadcast digital signage content and stream television and Internet material.
The S521 and S521-AVT will be available for May 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $2,699 and $2,849, respectively. The display ships with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight, with extended warranties of 4- and 5-years available for purchase.