New Potato Technologies today announced the release of LiveRider, the first wireless cycling computer and mounting system for iPhone and iPod touch. LiveRider leverages advanced features of the iPhone and iPod touch to offer real-time performance feedback, GPS feature, data file system, and performance analysis.
LiveRider provides a useful and intuitive tool for every cyclist, from beginners to pros. The sensor unit easily attaches to the bike's rear chainstay to measure wheel speed and pedal cadence, while the cycling computer attachment fits into the iPhone/iPod touch dock connecter. The LiveRider cycling computer automatically pairs with the sensor unit. iPhone/iPod touch fits securely into the protective handlebar-mounted cradle. The free LiveRider app, available in iTunes, equips users with a full-color and highly legible touch screen cycling computer interface.
LiveRider is pre-programmed with the information needed to easily set up and start riding, including calibration for all standard tire/rim sizes and support for Metric and English units. Data from every cycling session is automatically recorded and saved, allowing users to access session data in graph form. Session data can also be exported by email into a spreadsheet or database. To help gauge performance and keep riders going strong, LiveRider includes a Chase Rider feature to compare the current session to any previously saved cycling session. LiveRider answers the requests of many iPhone-owning cycling enthusiasts, filling a void in the accessory marketplace and extending the utility of the iPhone and iPod touch.
- iPhone or iPod touch with OS 3.0 or higher installed
- iPhone 2G, 3G, or 3GS Models
- iPod touch 1G, 2G Models
- LiveRider Application downloaded (FREE) from the iTunes App Store
Cycling Computer Dongle
- 2.4 GHz RF Transceiver
- No Batteries Required
- Connects to 30 Pin Accessory Connector
Wireless Sensor Unit
- 2.4 GHz RF Transceiver
- Permanently Sealed to Resist the Elements
- Permanent Life-Time Battery
- Magnetic Cadence and Wheel Speed Sensors
- Session Time (HH:MM:SS)
- Current Bike Speed (MPH/KPH)
- Maximum Bike Speed (MPH/KPH)
- Average Bike Speed (MPH/KPH)
- Current Cadence (RPM)
- Average Cadence (RPM)
- Current Power Output(WATTS)
- Calories Burned (CAL)
- Configuration Memory for multiple bikes and their custom setup
- Wheel calibration data included for all standard tire/rim sizes.
- Supports both Metric and English units
Data File System
- Every session is recorded
- Review each session statistically and graphically
- Export any session via email to import it into a spreadsheet or database
- Select any previously recorded session as your CHASE RIDER for a real-time comparison
- Total System Weight: <3 ounces
- Operating Temperature: 0° to +50° C, Operating Humidity: 5% to 95% relative, non-condensing
Price and Availability
- The LiveRider [app]cessory will be available in August for $99.99.
About New Potato Technologies
New Potato Technologies is a consumer electronics company headquartered in Wilmington, North Carolina, and focused on extending the amazing iPhone, iPod and iPad platforms into new innovative areas.