Lexmark announced the Genesis S816, a web-connected, wireless all-in-one (AIO) inkjet printer/copier/scanner/fax with a 4.3-inch color touchscreen that prints or shares photos from Facebook or Twitter.
Through its built-in innovative Flash Scan camera technology, which boasts a 10-megapixel imaging sensor, the Lexmark Genesis allows for an instant preview on the 4.3-inch color touch screen. The Flash Scan technology also delivers blazing scanning speeds that enable the AIO to transfer a page from “document to digital” in as few as three seconds.
In addition to its innovative Flash Scan technology, the Lexmark Genesis comes equipped with sophisticated features and functionality, including the 4.3-inch capacitive color touch screen that is also available on Lexmark's other award-winning AIOs, the Platinum, Pinnacle and Interact. This touch screen serves as the gateway to Web-connected technology allowing busy professionals to access Lexmark's SmartSolutions, including well-known, cloud-based applications such as Stamps.com, Evernote, Box.net and TripIt.
The Lexmark Genesis also integrates with Twitter and Facebook enabling users to scroll through and search their Twitter feeds as well as view their Facebook walls and print photos right from the device.
The Lexmark Genesis also features the company's Vizix print technology, which uses separate ink cartridges to enable greater speed and produces high quality print output at an economical replacement cost for customers.
Other key features include Wireless-N (IEEE 802.11n) for expanded coverage, built-in two-sided printing, and 3-year warranty with lifetime phone support.
Features and Benefits
- 4.3″ web-connected touch screen allows you to create customized 1-touch SmartSolutions to simplify common tasks, such as scan to email. Also, get the news, view your favorite photo sharing sites and discover the weather – directly from your printer. Whatever you need, there's a SmartSolution.
- Print from multiple computers located virtually anywhere in with 802.11n.
- Save money and the environment with automatic 2-sided printing, which can cut your paper consumption up to 50%, and Eco Mode energy saving features.
- Save time with print speeds up to 33 ppm black and 30 ppm color. Enjoy 4×6″ photo prints in as little as 26 seconds.
- Patented Vizix ink cartridges are engineered for intense ink- droplet precision–vivid, razor sharp images and highlighter- resistant black text, page after page after page. And with individual ink cartridges, you'll change only the color you need.
Price and Availability
Lexmark Genesis ($399) will be available early next year online and in stores across the U.S. and Canada.