FujiFilm announced its newest all-in-one bridge camera, the 16-megapixel FinePix S8400W that is Wi-Fi enabled and uses a precision 44x optical long zoom (24-1056mm) FUJINON lens. The new S8400W features an improved CMOS sensor, advanced processing power and amazing optics to give consumers a great combination of photographic versatility in an easy-to-use and compact design.
Powerful Optical Zoom and Potent Optical Image Stabilization
The S8400W boasts a 44x optical zoom lens with fast aperture of F2.9 to F6.5, an amazing Optical Image Stabilization system for excellent blur reduction and is capable of a Super Macro mode for users to get as close as 0.39” from a subject for great close-up shots. This all in one FUJINON lens consists of 17 elements in 12 groups, and combines aspherical and ED elements that help to reduce aberrations and promote a superior level of image quality.
Fast Autofocus and Quick Response Times
The FinePix S8400W has an impressive 16MP BSI-CMOS sensor that captures excellent quality, low noise shots at sensitivities as high as ISO 12800. With autofocus speeds of 0.3 seconds, start-up times of 1.0 seconds, a 0.5 seconds interval between shots and a continuous shooting speed of up to 10fps (max 10 frames at full resolution), users can feel confident about capturing a fast-action shot. And with its ultra-high-speed shooting of up to 60fps (max 60 frames, image size 1280 × 960) and up to 120fps (max 60 frames, image size 640 × 480), the S8400W lets users capture the action in slow-motion for advanced photography.
Enhanced Wireless Image Transfer Function
The FinePix S8400W’s new wireless feature lets you transfer photos and movies3 from the camera to smartphones, tablets and computers and then upload high-quality images to social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter in seconds.
To connect the S8400W to a smartphone or tablet, users can download the free dedicated “FUJIFILM Camera Application” to their iPhone / iPad or Android smartphone or tablet device to transfer up to 30 pictures at a time from the S8400W. The app also lets you download movies, expanding the range of options available for enjoying pictures taken with the camera.
With its Wi-Fi capability, the S8400W also allows users to easily back up photos on their home computer. Users simply install the free “FUJIFILM PC AutoSave” software onto their computer and select which folder they want the photos to back up to, and then by linking a Wi-Fi Router and the S8400W, the camera will automatically backup photos to their home computer.
Pictures stored on the S8400W can be viewed and selected for download on large smartphone or tablet screens for a smooth viewing experience. No wireless LAN access point or complicated ID or password entry is required, and once pictures have been downloaded to the smartphone, it is simple to upload them to social networking sites.
Easy to Use
The FinePix S8400W has an easy to use Mode Dial for shooting selection, dual zoom control for speed and precision zooming, and a bright 3.0” LCD screen (460K-dot) and electronic view finder (EVF) with 201K-dot resolution for easy viewing and image framing.
Full HD movie 1080i/60fps with Stereo Sound
The FinePix S8400W makes movie recording as easy as taking pictures using the dedicated movie button to start recording instantly. The high resolution, 1080i movie capture at 60fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps is superb when played back on HDTV screens, and users can even take still photos during video recording. The S8400W also adds a number of in-camera movie editing features including “movie trimming” and “movie join.”
Artistic shooting effects
The FinePix S8400W uses advanced in-camera filters that bring creative photography to life. The S8400W artistic effects include:
- Pop color – emphasizes contrast and color saturation
- Toy camera – create shaded borders as if you were taking a photo on a toy camera
- Miniature effect – blurs the top and bottom of the frame for a diorama effect
- Partial color – retain one selected original color and change the rest of the photo to black and white (select from red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
- Cross screen – creates starbursts around bright objects
- Soft Focus – create a look that is evenly soft throughout the whole image
- FUJINON super zoom Lens (24mm wide-angle, fast apertures of F2.9 to F6.5)
- 1/2.3” 16MP BSI-CMOS sensor:
- Autofocus speed of 0.3 second in fastest conditions
- Continuous shooting; 10fps (max 10 frames, full resolution), 60fps (max 60 frames, image size 1280 × 960), 120fps (max 60 frames, image size 640 × 480)
- Start-up time of 1.0 second
- Shooting interval time of 0.5 second
- Wireless Image Transfer to smartphones and tablets
- Full HD movie 1080i/60 fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps
- Bright 3.0” LCD screen (460K-dot)
- Electronic viewfinder (201K-dot)
- Super Macro to 0.39”
- Manual exposure control (P/S/A/M modes)
- Dual zoom control
- Advanced Filters
- Instant zoom and Zoom Bracketing
- 4×AA alkaline batteries with approximately 300 shot battery life
Pricing and Availability
The FujiFilm FinePix S8400W will be available May 2013 for $349.95.