New Epson WorkForce 600, 500 All-in-Ones and WorkForce 40, 30 Printers Deliver Laser-Quality Text, Durable Prints and Superior Color Images to Increase Productivity With Print Speeds Up To Two Times Faster Than The Competition1
Engineered to give today’s emerging micro-businesses the degree of speed and image quality needed to increase productivity and stand out, Epson’s new WorkForce line of ink jet printers and all-in-ones feature exceptionally fast print speeds for increased efficiency. The WorkForce 600 all-in-one (pictured below), the WorkForce 40 and WorkForce 30 printers deliver up to 38 pages per minute (ppm) in black.2 The new line also includes models that offer built-in Wi-Fi and wired networking3 as well as 5760 x 1440 dpi print resolution for sharp text and vibrant color graphics.
“The all-new WorkForce line is Epson’s solution for the micro-business consumer,” said R. Craig Allen, product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson. “Epson defines micro-business as a subset of small business, with up to five employees, including freelancers and home-based business owners. The WorkForce suite provides printing, scanning and image output tools that are critical for this unique consumer to look professional and remain competitive.”
Speed + Quality = Competitive Edge
Epson’s WorkForce 600 is the flagship model and offers print speeds up to twice as fast as competitive models1, delivering industry leading laser-quality black text up to 27 ppm and laser-quality color text up to 19 ppm in default, normal printing mode.2 It offers built-in Wi-Fi and wired networking, a 2.5″ tilt LCD screen and a built-in 30-page automatic document feeder (ADF) to quickly copy and scan, as well as fax black and color documents in as fast as three seconds per page. The WorkForce 600 also accommodates Epson Extra High-Capacity Black ink cartridges to meet various high print volume needs.
Epson also offers WorkForce 600 owners a two-year limited warranty along with phone customer support regardless of warranty period.4 In addition, registered WorkForce owners will also receive free lifetime phone support with no additional charges, even out of warranty.
The WorkForce 40 and WorkForce 30 are compact, single function printers designed for businesses that need increased productivity for high volume printing, with speeds also up to twice as fast as competitive models.1 Both offer sharp laser-quality black text at up to 27 ppm in default mode.2 In addition, the WorkForce 40 produces laser-quality color text at up to 19 ppm in default mode2 and offers built-in Wi-Fi and wired networking to share and print files from virtually anywhere in the office. The WorkForce 30 delivers laser-quality color text at up to 11 ppm in default mode2, and includes a dual black ink cartridge system that delivers twice as much black printing.5
The Personal Business and Photo Center
For micro-businesses that need photo printing and volume document printing, the WorkForce 500 all-in-one is the optimal personal business and photo center for printing, copying, scanning, and faxing important business documents, as well as versatile photo printing. This model offers a built-in 30-page ADF, fast faxing speeds at up to three seconds per page, and prints up to 33 ppm black and color.2 For easy photo printing, the WorkForce 500 offers a 2.5″ tilt LCD screen to view and edit images, built-in memory card slots and PictBridge support to easily transfer files and print images with or without a computer.
Features shared across the WorkForce line that benefit business environments include:
- Cost-Efficient Printing: The WorkForce models are ENERGY STAR compliant and use up-to-three times less energy than a laser printer6, and include built-in double-sided printing capabilities for increased paper saving.7 The WorkForce models also include four-color individual ink cartridges for replacing only the color that is needed; and extra high-capacity black ink cartridges are available with the WorkForce 600 and 40 for high volume tasks.
- DURABrite Ultra Ink: Epson’s exclusive all-pigment inks produce laser-quality text and stunning graphics on all media types. The ink offers smudge and water resistance8 to protect important documents, fade resistance on plain paper that is rated up to six times longer than leading competitive prints9, and is highlighter-friendly on plain paper.
- Advanced DX3 MicroPiezo print head technology: Epson’s print head technology features smart nozzles that can each produce and precisely place three sizes of ink droplets, as small as two picoliters; this technology is also featured in large-scale printers used by leading commercial and industrial companies across the globe to deliver innovative digital, photo lab and textile printing products and services.
Availability and Support
The Epson WorkForce 600 is currently available for “pre-order” for a limited time through Amazon.com and BestBuy.com. The WorkForce 30 ($69.99 estimated street price), WorkForce 500 ($129.99 estimated street price) and WorkForce 600 ($199.99 estimated street price) will be available in August 2008 through major computer, office and electronic superstores, a variety of retail stores nationwide, mail order, PC manufacturers, the Internet, and Epson’s retail site, www.epsonstore.com. The WorkForce 40 ($129.99 estimated street price) will be available in September 2008, through major distributors, value-added resellers, the Internet, mail order and Epson’s retail site, www.epsonstore.com. More information about Epson and its products is available by calling 1-800-GO-EPSON (1-800-463-7766).
About Epson America Inc.
Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning image capture and image output products for the consumer, business, photography, and graphic arts markets. The company is also a leading supplier of value-added point-of-sale (POS) printers and transaction terminals for the retail market. Founded in 1975, Epson America Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. Epson America Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Epson, DURABrite and MicroPiezo registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. WorkForce and DX3 are trademark of Epson America Inc. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- Black text printing up to two times faster compared to ink jet printers priced at $199 or less, available as of April 2008. Based on independent test in default mode printing typical office documents.
- PPM/CPM speeds measured after first page, based on black and color text patterns in Draft Mode on plain paper. Laser quality pages per minute (ppm) speeds measured after first page, based on black and color text patterns in default mode on plain paper. Additional print time will vary based on system configuration, software application and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for more information about print speeds.
- Subject to the capabilities of your wireless router
- One-year limited warranty to all purchasers; toll-free support and second-year warranty require registration within 60 days of purchase.
- Two Black cartridges allow about twice as much black printing, at about twice the speed, as compared to printing with a single Black cartridge.
- Compared to competitive monochrome laser printers at $199 and under available as of March 2008. Based on Epson testing of power estimated to be used during an eight-hour day.
- Available for Windows only
- Water resistance on Epson Glossy Papers, Epson Matte Papers and plain papers, when using genuine Epson inks.
- Ink fade resistance ratings based on accelerated testing of unframed color prints on plain paper in indoor display conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to light intensity, temperature, humidity and other factors. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. See www.wilhelm-research.com.