World’s First Combined Storage Solution and Docking Station for the Apple iPhone or iPod
Buffalo Technology announced the Buffalo Dualie, the world’s first combined storage solution and docking station for the Apple iPhone or Apple iPod. Distinguished by a contemporary design featuring a chic brushed aluminum and black soft touch two-tone finish, the Dualie allows consumers to sync and charge their iPhone or iPod while providing simultaneous access to the included 500 GB portable hard drive for backup or storage of digital assets.
Presenting a new unique hardware platform, the Buffalo Dualie incorporates both a USB 2.0 and a FireWire 800 port on the Mac-formatted 500 GB portable hard drive with a two-port USB 2.0 hub on the docking station. Designed for a broad array of computer users, from creative and corporate professionals to prosumers and students, the Dualie offers an organized and simple solution for storing, protecting and syncing digital assets.
“Buffalo Technology has been a leader in the portable drive space with robust solutions and bold designs,” said Ralph Spagnola, vice president of sales at Buffalo Technology. “The Buffalo Dualie is a unique step that moves beyond ‘just storage,’ offering an innovative work space solution that differentiates our brand and helps us grow our consumer storage category.”
The Buffalo Dualie includes adapters for iPhone 3G/3GS, iPod touch 2nd Generation, iPod classic and iPod nano 5th Generation as well as all necessary cables. The drive is pre-formatted for Mac users and supports Apple Time Machine. Time Machine will automatically back up the entire contents of your Mac, including system files, applications, accounts, preferences, music, photos, movies, and documents. Additionally, the Dualie includes all required drivers for Windows system users.
- Combined storage and docking station for the Apple iPhone or Apple iPod
- Sync and charge your iPhone or iPod while accessing your portable hard drive
- Elegant Aluminium Tone Finished Chassis
- USB 2.0 Docking Station – with two ports
- 500GB USB 2.0, FireWire 400/800 2.5″ Hard Disk Drive
- Pre-formatted hard drive for Mac users. Includes all necessary drivers for Windows users.
- Adapters for iPhone 3G/3GS, iPod touch 2nd Generation, iPod classic 120GB and iPod nano 5th Generation
- Includes hard drive, dock adapters and all necessary cables
Pricing and Availability
The Buffalo Dualie is backed by a limited one-year warranty and includes toll-free, 24/7 technical support. The Dualie is an Apple Store exclusive and is only available at www.apple.com or the Apple Store at an estimated street price of $249.99.