Boston Acoustics introduced its ultra-compact SoundWare XS Digital Cinema Surround Sound System for $499.99 as an alternative to using a sound bar. The 2.1 speaker system combines the critically acclaimed surround sound experience of the company’s TVee soundbars, with the distinctive design of the SoundWare speakers.
Boston Acoustics’ smallest and most compact surround system ever, the Digital Cinema is comprised of two ultra-compact 2-1/2 inch SoundWare XS satellites, each measuring less than 4 inches, plus a compact 8-inch 100-watt (250-watt Peak) powered subwoofer. It’s an ideal alternative to a large system or soundbar, especially suited to consumers who want to do away with bulky “box type” speakers and enjoy immersive, room-filling cinema-like sound in a stylish, compact system. The subwoofer serves as both the connection center for inputs and houses digital signal processing circuitry and amplifiers for the system.
Boston’s Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround (DOVS) technology makes an authentic cinema surround sound experience possible with just two channels and a subwoofer. DOVS decodes the full, 5.1 channel audio signal from the disc and applies a proprietary process to derive the ideal 2.1-channel version of the original surround sound mix.
The SoundWare XS Digital Cinema connects directly to your TV without the need for additional components. It also learns the television’s remote control commands so you don’t have to add yet another remote to the coffee table. A credit card-size remote is included for setting up the system and programming the system’s control pod to your remote. After the system is programmed to work from your own TV remote, the supplied remote will still work as a backup.
For more flexibility, the SoundWare XS Digital Cinema includes a built-in Bluetooth A2DP receiver, transforming almost any smartphone, tablet, or portable music player into a first-rate wireless streaming device.
- Optical Digital and Analog Inputs
- True Dolby Digital decoding and Boston’s Digitally Optimized (discrete) Virtual Surround processing for pinpoint, theater-like surround effects
- Bluetooth enabled for music streaming
- Dedicated Movie Mode, for TV, movies and gaming, and Music Mode for high-quality stereo music listening
- Remote learning capability
- Powered subwoofer features Boston’s Patented BassTrac circuitry for clear undistorted bass at all listening levels
- Incredibly small speakers provide big, high performance sound
- Distinct SoundWare polyhedron shape for virtually unlimited placement options
- Included stealth articulating mounting brackets allow the speakers to be hung flush on a wall, or tucked away in a corner while allowing the speaker to be angled towards the main listening area
- Authentic 2-way satellite system for true full range sound
- Satellites feature dual wire channels for easy connections, with rear panel wire grooves for easier hook-up
- Stunning high-gloss finish
Price and Availability
The Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS Digital Cinema is now available in black or white for $499.99 at Best Buy outlets across the country.