Audio-Technica just released the ATH-M50xRD Professional Monitor Headphones, a limited-edition red-and-gold version of A-T’s popular ATH-M50x and part of A-T’s M-Series line of headphones.
The ATH-M50xRD features the same sonic signature, along with refined earpads and detachable cables. These over-ear headphones feature 45 mm large-aperture drivers inside sound-isolating earcups and a robust construction. The ATH-M50xRD incorporate offer exceptional power handling, very high SPL capability, and natural, accurate sound with impactful bass and high-frequency extension. With professional-grade earpad and headband material and a collapsible design, the ATH-M50xRD headphones remain comfortable throughout long monitoring sessions and transport easily.
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90-degree swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort for extended wear
- Collapsible for space-saving portability and convenient storage
- Top choice for studio tracking and mixing, as well as live sound, DJ monitoring and personal listening
- Detachable cables (includes a 1.2m-3m coiled cable, 3m straight cable and 1.2m straight cable)
Price and Availability
Audio-Technica’s new limited-edition ATH-M50xRD are available now (October 2017) for $169. They join the currently available ATH-M50x models in black (ATH-M50x) and white (ATH-M50xWH).