The ecoustics team takes a hard look at the future of VOD (video-on-demand), movies, movie theaters, and how we all adapted to a new reality during the COVID-19 pandemic. Black Widow has already proven that moviegoers are desperate for stale popcorn and mayhem on the big screen, but the opening weekend VOD numbers tell a very different story and suggest that millions of consumers have warmed to the idea of blockbuster movies at home. The future of movies this week and some Scotty Hamilton as well.
Where to listen:
- Apple Podcasts
- iHeart Radio
- Soundcloud (coming soon)
- Google Podcasts
- YouTube (coming soon)
This episode features commentary from the ecoustics team:
- Comcast May Be Making A Big Play For Streaming Dominance
- Buying a New TV? – Cutting Through the Hype
- Movie Theaters Version 3.0
- Original intro and outro music by The Arc of All.
- Voice Over Provided by Todd Harrell of SSP Unlimited.
- Production by Mitch Anderson, Black Circle Studios.
Photo Credit: Dan Anderson