LG dvd models DV6812P and V8824W - code to make them region free?

Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through November 28, 2005Anonymous100
Archive through May 15, 2005dunny100
Archive through January 02, 2005Anonymous100

raider6
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if the V8824W model can play US & asian dvds (ntsc) once the code has worked?

Is this model NTSC compatible? please help as i want to order some US dvds but not sure if it will work.
Thanks, Rob.

vnsgui
Unregistered guest
Hi,Raider and everyone!
I am very annoyed with my LG V8824W in Canada now.I 've bought and brought it from my country (PAL system)to Canada and now it doesn't work with the TV/ video system (NTSC)here.I got stuck here for 2 months not working with it and now I am reading your Wonderful Page!I hope I could solve my problem soon with your hack instruction!
This model produced only for PAL system not for NTSC.I can't see the color in both DVDs and Video tapes here.Only black n white!You shouldn't buy any DVDs from North America until you have multi region disc reader!

raider6
Unregistered guest
So even after the multi region code is put in, you can or can't watch US dvds on the v8824w?
Thanks

vnsgui
Unregistered guest
Wait for a while!I acidentally left my remote at home when I come here and it has been being sent to me .And in some days you will see how excellently it work!I belive.See you.

Anti_region_code
Unregistered guest
FYI: For owners of LG HDD/DVD recorder: LH-RH7500W, that's the LG Home Theater System, with 80G harddisk. To get region free, 1. goto setup. 2. Move to the LOCK icon. 3. press number 0 button on remote 7 times (0000000). This will toggle Region Free or Region Lock.

Unregistered guest
Hi Ran:
Did you solve your problem of recording NTSC format to LG DR7622W DVD recorder.
Any suggestions.
Thanks.
Subi
sokarvi@kfshrc.edu.sa

dror
Unregistered guest
hi. i have home lg dvd recorder model dr7622w. how can get zonefree and is there a way to copy encoded dvd. i tried from the tv or from another dvd player but couldn't copy because the coed.
thank's

Unregistered guest
hey i cant seem to get passed then password section of the process to enter the code in my v8824w i would really appreciate anyones help

Anonymous

Hi,
I have moved to Aus and discover that my LG DS8421P player does not play the DVD's here. Can somehelp help with unlocking the regional codes?

raider6
Unregistered guest
Hey vnsgui,
did you try the US dvds in the LG V8824W?
Anyone else know if you can play US or NTSC dvds in the LG V8824W after the code has been entered?
Thanks

Unregistered guest
Hi

I have read thru this site and it seems no one has posted the unlock code for LG V782W DVD/video combo??
Surely someone knows??
Please post the answer if you know.. much appreciated.

vnsgui
Unregistered guest
Hi,Raider and all my friends!
I 've just made my LGV8824W region free!When I had my remote from my home I did exactly same as the hack instruction I learned from Anonymous posted on 21/9/2005.And I have region free easily and immediately.I was very glad and try all my discs(region free and PAL)and tapes(PAL&NTSC).With my NTSC-TV.What happend?
Oh,my God!It was very sad that ONLY BLACK AND WHITE!
I didn't believe in my eyes and my mind and I tried many times to hack again from the begining...
What happened?
I believed my eyes and my mind this turn:
ONLY BLACK AND WHITE!!!
And I checked my Region Test Mode once again for sure the last time.It shows:
CURENT EEPROM REGION CODE:0!
No hope!
Sorry to Raider for my story.
Anyone can help me to watch color???

raider6
Unregistered guest
Hey vnsgui, realy sorry to hear that.
Did you try NTSC dvds? Thanks for your help.

Can anyone else help me play NTSC dvds in my LG V8824W? Thanks

Lone_Knight
Unregistered guest
Just so people can find it. This is the often-refered-to magic '314159 hack'. It was obtained from http://members.lycos.co.uk/ittroll/multiregion.htm

1. Power on the player with no disk in the drive

2. Press "PAUSE" on the remote

3. Enter "3 1 4 1 5 9" on the remote (the word COdE appears on the display)

4. Enter "0" on the remote (0 = All Regions, 1 = Region 1, 2 = Region 2, etc.)

5. Press "PAUSE" on the remote

6. Power the player off and then back on

Unregistered guest
Looking to unlock LG LX-DP2640 DVD micro hifi
Anyone know the codes...please help

Unregistered guest
Hello
I wonder if you can help me, I have the same type of machine (LGC62351) and have a problem with it, it is now out of warranty and LG have not been very helpful. When I first used it, I could access all the different sound modes. For some reason we cannot now access the Pro Logic II or the matrix, movies or music sound modes. Have you any ideas what this may be, I would really apreciate your ideas, otherwise I may have to get rid and start all over again.

Hope you don`t mind me contacting you.

Mike Kidder

Sheffield UK

danne99se
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a LG DVD/VCR Combi Receiver LH-CX440W and I can not make it region free with any of the tricks mentioned on this page. Is there anyone who can help me?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a LG DVD/VCR Combi Receiver LH-CX440W and I can not make it region free with any of the tricks mentioned on this page. Is there anyone who can help me?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Christy
Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to make the LG 23LX1RV region free? It's a new LCD tv/DVD combo. Help?

Username: Mtmontes

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I need help with my LG DK8621N dvd player. It has audio and no video. I cannot see the menu on screen when I use the remove. Can someone help be reset the player?

Thank you
mtm

pk
Unregistered guest
Hi
I have a DVD home theater of LH-D6245 in Singapore. But last week I was playing with some settings, once I turn "ON" the setting "Progressive Scan" and I could no longer see the pictures and TV screen turned back, I could hear the audio only. Since I can't see anything on TV, I can't change the setting back. Pls someone help me..

chris_arnold
Unregistered guest
thanx very much i have a lg ds8400 dvd player and its now region free so i can watch lost in all its glory thanx again zara

Anonymous

This works for LG LH-R5500W. Thanks jabba.

1) Press 'setup' on remote control
2) Move down to the 'lock' picture
3) Press '0000000'
4) Select Ok when congratulation message appears

Unregistered guest
HI FOLKS CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE I HAVE A LG DVD/VIDEO COMBI MODEL DVC9800 PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND THE CODE TO UNLOCK IT MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS ATHEAICEFANG@AOL.COM HAPPY XMAS TO ALL

Unregistered guest
Hi Ya
I purchased a LG DVD Player Model DZ9811P is there anyway of unlocking it as it only plays region 4 and i want to play region 1 Hope someone can help thanks heaps Cheers.....

Unregistered guest
I received as a Christmas gift an LG Portable DVD Player - Model DP9911P is there anyway of unlocking it as it only plays region 4 DVDs?

Please reply via email kdibley78@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Does anyone know the hack code for the LG LCD Combi TV/DVD Model KT17LZ21 to make the DVD multi Region?

Username: Moriarty196

Ulverstone, Tasmania Australia

Hi , Could anyone give me instructions to make LG,model V8824W multi zoned.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
hi
Can sonbody please helpme unlock my dvd player

Its an LG LH T252sc

Unregistered guest
Hello, Does anybody know how can I copy a copy protected video to a DVD using my LG RC68223. I wan to pass all my videos to DVD but most have copy protection (they are original). Thanks a lot
You can give me an answer at my email

Unregistered guest
Hello, Does anybody know how can I copy a copy protected video to a DVD using my LG RC68223. I wan to pass all my videos to DVD but most have copy protection (they are original). Thanks a lot

LGV 415
Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to make a LGV 415 region free? tx. T

Oddny
Unregistered guest
I HAVE A LG DVD/VIDEO COMBI MODEL V9700 PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND THE CODE TO UNLOCK IT MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS wwanderson@tds.net Thanks !!
Happy new year.

Unregistered guest
I have an LG DVS-8521N, how can I make it region free? Tnks! and Happy New Year!!!

Unregistered guest
I have a LG home cinema model LH-D6230, from US, i tried to make it multizone months ago, i can't remember the trick i used, the problem is that now i can see dvd's only in black and white, even the menu and logo displays are only black and white.... Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Plese, send me a solution, born2loose70@hotmail.com. Thank you.

wonderingrishi
Unregistered guest
Hi I have a LG LH-T6345 can anyone pls help me 2 make it multi zone or the way how 2 go about this... email me chara8@hotmail.com thnks alot

Username: Salopian

I bought a LG player DZ9811P..many thanks to the following guest who gave this info...Yessss! it worked..:-) Now I can watch UK dvds in Australia.

"Finally cracked my LG DV8621P by opening tray, pressing "000" for the menu then "0" for all zones, press pause and power off. Its now Region Free. I hope this helps someone else!"

Rothdac
Unregistered guest
Hi there 2 thumbs way up on the site.
much help in regiomn free codes (and there free)
can any one help with a code for LG LHT 6740

THANKS ONCE AGAIN

Canadian Mommy
Unregistered guest
Hello all,
My little guy wants to watch his cartoons in English, and our DVD player LG DS8400/8500 wont have anything to do with the DVDs his Grandma sends from home to Fancy France. Can anyone help? My power yoga DVD isnt helping me much sitting on the shelf either! Many thanks.

Canadian Mommy
Unregistered guest
Silly Mommy, tricks are for kids...Zara had the trick all along. Thank you, this worked..Baby Mozart here we come!
- turned on the player, no disk inside.
- opened the disk tray
- pushed 3 times the 0 button on the remote
- pushed the pause button on the player
- pushed the 0 button on the remote
- closed the dvd tray
- turned the player off.

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to unlock LG LCD TV DVD combo Model KT17LZ21?
Have tried all manner of options!

Username: Gaz880

Post Number: 2
Hello all

I have A LG DA3620 system and for a while now i have been looking for a sucessfull region free hack that works. I did find a download which allowed me to get to a blue screen and supposedly change the region. I suppose it did work however apart from region 2 all DVD's play in black and white. I also have the same problem with coppied DVD's.

If anybody has the solution please let me know!

Unregistered guest
hi gang
can anyone help with region free code for LG DR7400 dvd
best regards

Multi_Region
Unregistered guest
I can confirm that for the LG DVC9800 you can set multi region with one of the above methods described by Lone_Knight using the 314159 hack.

Press pause with no disc in the player.
Push keys 314159 (comment does this refer to PI = 3.14159?)
Player goes into multiregion test mode.
Select region 0 for multi region.
Press pause to exit.

Cycle the power off/on - that's all folks

Username: Teamerik

Hi guys,

could someone post me the regional free unlock code ASAP for the LG LH-CX640W.

You can reach me at kingesa@hotmail.com.

Many thanks.

Perni
Unregistered guest
hi, can anybody tell me the correct procedure for cracking the region code on a LG DZ9811p.
I notice that on the 17/1/2006 a solution was given to "andrea" but I cannot seem to follow the cracking instructions

Unregistered guest
Anybody knows how to unlock my...
LG LH-T252SC ?

Unregistered guest
Please help how do I reset my Zenith LH-D6245 back to its original settings. I was fiddling with the on screen setting and by accident set it for Progressive Scan. Unfortunately I don't have a P.S. TV? PLEASE HELP!!

ajbianco@rogers.com

steph123
Unregistered guest
please tell me how to make my v782w LG dvd player region free

Anonymous

Tried this on my new DVD/VCR combo LG 9842 DIVX

Open tray in DVD mode, press "000" for the menu (looks like my old C64 Screen) then "0" for all zones, press pause, close tray and power off. Its now Multi Zone.

mountaindew100
Unregistered guest
I am planning on buying the LG DR 7622-W and would like to know if I can take my home movies which are NTSC and convert them to DVD on this machine

Anonymous

Hi I am looking to unlock the LG V8824W. I've had a quick scroll through the posts, but can't seem to find the instructions! Can anyone help? Cheers.
Dale.

Anonymous

Hi I am looking to unlock the LG V8824W. I've had a quick scroll through the posts, but can't seem to find the instructions! Can anyone help? Cheers.
Dale.
Email me at dale27@optusnet.com.au

Mojee
Unregistered guest
Hi

I have a LG D8621P. I turned on Progressive scan and I cant see anything. The Audio plays perfectly.

Can someone help me turn it off?

Username: Vba_rajesh

ciao (hello) friends,

I am looking to UNLOCK the LG DVX-9500 DVD player...It will be of great help to me if anybody can..

DONATELLO
Unregistered guest
for 'all' LG dvd players to break coding follow these steps. it worked for me, i'm from australia, i was told it works for all LGs... step 1- POWER ON "NO DISC" appears on screen; step 2- press PAUSE, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 9; step 3- "CODE_ _" appears on screen; step 4- 0, PAUSE, then POWER OFF!!! that's it, good luck guys! hope it works

Anonymous

EVERYBODY>>> try searching www.forum.digital-digest.com.. you can search your dvd model and it should come up! it has many a code!!!

Anonymous

I have a LG Home theatre system LH-T553TB, I was wondering if anyone could sent me the code so that I can watch region free dvd's PLEASE!!!

Unregistered guest
hello, i have a LG dvd burner (the "dr 7622w")
and when i burn dvd`s i can only read then on the same device, i wish it to run on all aplications such as compeuter and outher dvd`s readers.
I lost it`s instruction manual and i will be greatfull if someone can help me. :-)
maybe it`s a problem in the settings or the incription, i don`t know...
please send me a mail with respond... :-)

Anonymous

Hi, I've just bought a lg 7900 hdd/dvd recorder. It works perfect. Putting old home videos to dvd..no problem. Now I'm trying to copie some music stuff I putt on de hdd back to a dvd....I don't know how???
Please help me. Thanks.. Vanessa

Unregistered guest
Hi have an LG v8824w dvd/vcr combo and tried the 314159 scenario but didn't work still showing 'check disc' on TV screen or 'disc err' on dvd player. Can someone help me really want to watch some dvd copies.
Thanx S from Australia

Rekcah 2
Unregistered guest
Model RC7300. I have successfully used the following unlocking code from this forum - thanks very much.

1) Power on.
2) (check no disc in DVD)
3) Press 'set up' on remote.
4) Highlight the Lock Picture.
5) Press '0' seven times.
6) Message on screen says 'Congratulations player now Region Free, OK.
7) Press ok button.

This might work on other models too!

Urekeah 2
Unregistered guest
Here's the hack for LG Model DR7400

1) Power on, no disc.
2) Press 'Pause'
3) Press '0' seven times
4) Message appears '..., Select regions 0-6 - .
5) Enter '0'

Great!

Unregistered guest
Have tried all of the posted codes but none seem to work on my LG Combi model LH-CX247. Please somebody help me. chrisaichs@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
I've got an LG home theathre system. I ordered an DVD movie but it is a Region 1 and my dvd player is a region 2. What can I do so that my dvd maschine can play the Region 1 dvd movie

Unregistered guest
i am in australia and need to unlock my lg dvd player Mod. DV7711P to make it multi zone can anyone help!

Username: Debug66

UNLOCK CODE FOR LG-V782W
1. Turn on the player
2. Press the pause button
3. enter the code 314159
4. set the region code to 0 or whatever region you want (0 plays all regions)
5. press pause again to exit

Username: Nbd

LG DR6600S

1. Turn on player
2. Menu -> Lock
3. Press 0 seven times
4. Give new region code (0 is regionfree)
(5. Press OK/Enter)

Done!

Username: Gladysma62

Bogota, Cundinamarca Colombia

How can i change my LG DC-596M DVD/VHS recorder in codefree or region free? thank you very much, please answer to my email.

Username: Oda_mantor

Help me please! I have DVD LG LH-T250X,i live in Norway now,but i bougth this player in Russia.
Plese!!! alisa_net@list.ru

Username: Oda_mantor

I made already)))) Just put 0000 and code NA...but thanks....i red little bit this forum forst!!!

Username: Clintlub

I have an LG DVX173 Divx player(South Africa). Any idea as to making it MultiZone?

Username: Raymondo

Sydney, NSW Australia

Hi,

thanks Barnie for the region free code for the LG7922W.

Does anyone know how to turn off Macrovision on the LG?

I have a Barco CRT projector, designed before Macrovison. It changes brightness every few seconds, just as if you were trying to record to tape.

I was able to get a fix for my Philips, but now I need it for the LG.

Cheers

Raymond, Australia

Username: Mwharris1981

please please please, can someone help me unlock my LG DA3620 home theatre kit i have searched this forum but have had no luck just cant wait to watch my new dvds please help, contact me at matthewharris2@aol.com

Username: Mjacek84

I want to make my LG LST-3510 region free. I found the instructions:

Turn the player on (without disc inserted)
Open the disc tray
(Press PAUSE)
Press 0,0,0,(0)
Enter RC (1-6; 0=region free)
(Press PAUSE)
Turn it off

But it doesn't work. Does enybody can help me?

Username: Xiaolex

xiaolex84@hotmail.com is my mail id. Please send the Samsung DVD P148 code and instructions if you have.

Username: Mjacek84

Post Number: 3
Ok! I have found beautiful thing: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D9714277147

It is not so expensive and it is working very good. I unlocked my dvd and it is region free!

Username: Tomi

heloo
FOR DK8612P
BLANK SCREEN (audio ok)
TRY
PRESS STOP FOR 5 SECS
PRESS PAUSE FOR 5 SECS

Username: Mutantiex

How can i change my LG LRM-519 DVD recorder in codefree or region free? thank you very much, please answer to my email

Username: Lisariggs

I have turned the progressive scan on my lg v8824w on and now i cannot turn off as I cannot get anything up on the screen in dvd mode. I can play videos normally. Please help as my kids are driving me nuts wanting to watch their dvds.

Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Gday_usa

to unlock LG V782W i did try the code 314159 mentioned above but it wouldnt work so i tried the 0 and it worked!! so here how to do it
1. turn on player
2. open tray
3. press 0 about 3 times or until a blue screen comes up asking you to change the regional code.
4. enter 0 or what ever regional code you want
5.press pause to exit
6. turn off player and you are set.
i have heaps of american dvds and they all work fine and they colour and sound are just like i bought them here in oz. hope this helps someone else

Username: Babe91067

Has anyone have a code for a LG LH-T550SB. Have seaching net for hours. Getting very frustrated with no result. So I need help PLEASE.

Username: Ewaseem

I found the solution to LG DV 8621 sound with no picture after switching progressive scan to on accidentally. Do the following:

Close the tray with no disc. Wait till "NO DISC" is displayed on the DVD player. Press and hold the stop button for 5 seconds at least. Now the progressive scan will have turned off. You can insert a DVD and enjoy the picture!!!

Username: Sarajayne

SOUTH AUSTRALIA AUSTRALIA

HEY CAN ANYONE OUT THERE PLEEEEASE HELP ME. I HAVE AN LG DVD PLAYER V692WK AND AM DYING TO MAKE IT REGION FREE? CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?? PLEASE RESPOND IM WAITING NOW.

Username: Ttowel

Adeliade, South Australia Australia

Post Number: 4
hey sara-jayne. Another Aussie from SA! here is a link that shows what you can do that worked for someones LG combo altho it wasnt listed. im trying it later tonight. so try it out cos apparently its worked for others too:

Username: Clayson

Hi There
I have a LG DV8621P and I entered the 314159 code to play multi zone DVD's and it worked like a charm, only problem is that it blocks out swearing on zone 1 DVD's. I've been into the setup menu and set the rating to unlock which allows the disk to play in full but it still blocks out swearing only on zone 1 DVD's!!! Can anyone tell me how to allow swearing???

Username: Lovex_lucyy

Can someone please help me unlock my regional codes for a LG V782W??

Username: Slavik

Hi,

I have a LG RH790(DVD recorder with HDD).
I want to record to my HDD from a digital receiver but for some movies I get a message saying that 'record blocking signals detected'. Does anyone know how I can remove this?

Username: Cmj

Hi all,
just moved back to Oz from Indonesia, can't watch any thing on my dvd, arrgh!! Please if anyone has the unlock code for Samsung P148 I would be rapt if you could pass it on to me, my dvd player is just a useless black box without it, so frustrating. Thanks heaps
Ceri

Username: Madi0789

Hey everyone...I have just gone through this entire thread trying every one of these wonderful hacks to make my DVD player region free, but none of them work on my specific dvd player and i just bought a region 4 dvd that i really want to watch. My player is a LGDVB418. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Username: Privatejn

To Make Your LG DZ9811P Multi Region all you have to do is:

.When you turn on ur LG Player, you see a blue screen with the word LG in the Middle

. Press Pause on the blue screen " DO NOT go into the setup/any other menu "

. Press the number "0" Three Times

. You will then see a menu saying which Region you want to change to. Press the number "0" To make your DVD player Region Free

. After you have done that Press "Pause"

And there you go, Congratulation, You have Successfully unlocked your DZ9811P LG DVD Player.

I hope this Instruction is Easier to understand "Andrea". LoL, If you dont understand it then I dont know :P I explained it REALLY EASY

PrivateJN

Username: Pozzie

Hi there,
Can anyone help me make my LG dvd recorder multizoned please. The model is RH7823W. It only plays Region 4 and i need it to play all.
Also if anyone know how to change Philips DVD 616K Thanks in advance Julie

Username: Scott_anderson

I have an LG dvd/vcr combo model:LH-C6231. Can anyone help me play dvds from other countries

Username: Srr

I have a LG DVP-EX30 and none of the codes above have worked. Can someone help me?

Username: Klyfam

Hi am looking for unlock code LG LH-T550SB DVD Player Code Free any help would be great.
Cheers

Username: Mokoenal

South Africa

Hi! Please help! I have the LG DVD player DV8721P and it does not display anything on the TV screen including the setups, it only plays the sound. Can you please help.

Username: Daspider

I could unlock my LG DVD/VCR Combo DVCR-B200 with the unlock CD.
I guess works for most models, like LG DVCR-B200 and LG DVCR-A100.
Instructions are here:
http://www.area450.co.uk/lg5083hack.htm

Username: Ching

Butuan

i have same problem with my LG DK8621N dvd player. It has audio and no video. I cannot see the menu on screen when I use the remove. Can someone help be reset the player?

Username: Dunxx

Hobart, Tasmania Australia

Can anyone help with the unlock for LG V181

Username: Elykhan

I have an LG LH550TB that I have just successfully unlocked. You could try this method as it could possibly also work for the S550SB.
open tray
using remote enter 0000
TV screen should show Region Edit and Region Code
enter 0 in Region edit
then press Enter
Press Pause then Power
When Powered on all regions should play

Username: Laserplus

Hi! Please help! I have the LG DVD/VCR Combi Receiver LH-CX440W and it doesNT PLAY ANY VCD PLEASE GIVE ME THE EPROM SETTINGS FOR THE SAME, MY PLAYER IS REGION FREE, AND I CAN PLAY ALL DVD ON IT. Can you please help.

Username: Laserplus

LG DVD/VCR Combi Receiver LH-CX440W PLEASE GIVE EPROM SETTINGS FOR THIS MODEL.

Username: Firegirl

The Oaks, NSW Australia

This Message is for IAN DUNKERLEY
I to have a v181 the only code that worked for my machine was
Press pause with no disc in
Press 314159
Enters into multiregion test mode
Select region 0 for multiregion
Press pause to exit.

It really worked.

Username: Carel

How can I remove ' record blocking signals are detected' message from my LG DVD recorder. Please help.

Thanx

Username: Brendan_ys

I have a LG DVD Receiver Model Number LHT7630MB and unlocked it by:

1. Opening DVD Drawer
2. Pressing "0000" on the remote.
3. A screen appears saying NEW REGION CODE and displays the current one.
4. Press "0" for all zones.
5. Press the "select" button on the remote.
6. Close the CD Drawer.
7. Power off
REGION FREE

Username: Spirit41

Hi,
the 314159 Hack was also very helpful for the LG LPC-D1000A player.
Thanks
Rudi

Username: Utd

Can someone help me to turn my dvd into region free.model LG LH-C360 combi dvd,vcr and build in decoder dolby digital all in one Thanks for your usefull help.

Username: Lewisresidence

Post Number: 3
Thanks to Ken Hanley above, I just unlocked my LG LH-W750TA DVD Surround Sound player's region code using his method and thought I would share it.

Using the Remote:
1. Power On
2. Open Tray
3. Press 0000
4. TV will show blue screen with the following two lines:
a. Region Edit:
b. Region Code:
5. Enter 0 in Region Edit line
6. Press Enter
7. Press pause button
8. Power Off

When you power back on, the DVD player will be region free. Good
Luck!!

Username: Xanasyd

I have purchased an LG RC299 DVD Recorder plus VCR and cannot make it multiregion. I need to take it to Europe in less than a week. Can anyone help me? Please email me on xanasyd@hotmail.com. Cheers. Sydney Australia

Username: Granny9

LG V181 DVD/VHS player. I have tried both the 000 and 314159 methods for changing region code. I dont see the "CODe" on the LCD screen I get "EDIt" Then nothing further.Any clues?

Username: Terryxx

can someone give me the code to unlock all regions for combi dvd, vcr, model LH-CX247W pls thanks in advance

Username: Dvdad

Hi All.

I have an LG LH-C3603 DVD/VCR Combo. I have tried ALLthe fixes mentioned - not one of them works!

Does anyone know of a fix for this model?

Username: Rocky47

I have purchased an LG RC299 DVD Recorder plus VCR and cannot make it multiregion. Can anyone help with a code?
Email: pstrocky@1pst.com

Graham

Username: Phoenix_rising

Found this elsewhere for an LG RC299 DVD Recorder + video - Same as for the LG RC195. Turn on TV and player, press home key on player remote; in setup, scroll down to the padlock icon (when you get to the "padlock" option on your remote, leave it there, don't go to the menu to the right which has three options--rating, password, area code. Leave it on "lock", press 0000000 and you will be region free. Hope this helps.

Username: Valbiebuyck

Hampton, New Brunswick Canada

Please could someone help me with the directions to make the LG LDA-831 DVD player region free ie How do I set it to region zero? I have recently settled in Canada from South Africa and I cannot play my South African (region 2) DVDs on my new DVD player. Thank you!

Username: Graft

YAY!! Awesome forum!

the "magic 314159 hack" posted by Lone_Knight worked like a charm on my LG DVX9700.

now I dont have to buy those retarted higher priced region 2 dvds. not only are they higher priced but they dont have all the extras that the region ones bought from the states do.

thanks again.

Username: Andygee

could someone help have a LG DVD RECIEVER MODEL HT752TH trying to find unlock code for multiregion.thanks

Username: Kayel

Hi, I live in australia and have the dvd/vhs combo model number V8824W. I followed instructions by DONATELLO and they worked perfectly. thank you.

kayel

for 'all' LG dvd players to break coding follow these steps. it worked for me, i'm from australia, i was told it works for all LGs... step 1- POWER ON "NO DISC" appears on screen; step 2- press PAUSE, 3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 9; step 3- "CODE_ _" appears on screen; step 4- 0, PAUSE, then POWER OFF!!! that's it, good luck guys! hope it works

Username: Crazy_johnny

Hi
I have a LG dvd player model dv8621p. But last week I was playing with some settings, once I turn "ON" the setting "Progressive Scan" and I could no longer see the pictures and TV screen,I could hear the audio only. Since I can't see anything on TV, I can't change the setting back. Pls someone help me..my email address ( mr_wrx_83@hotmail.com )

Username: Naio

Philippines

hi my LG DK8621N got a problem. please help me to fix this. i accidentally press the progressive scan but after that it has no video and has audio the player plays well please help..

Username: Krash0r

The 000 trick worked for our LG DV8731

(No disc, open tray, press 0 three times, green screen comes up, enter RC of your choice, pause to accept, turn unit off and on again)

Thank you!

Username: Kevingray

Hey Every One...

It dosen't matter what LG DVD Player you have the magic code works for all LG DVD Players.

Press pause with no disc in the player.
Push keys 314159
Select region 0 for multi region.
press enter to make change permanent
Press pause to exit.

Then the DVD Player is Region Free !!!

It worked on my LG dvd player. }

Username: Darkside74

I have bought LG RH7823W HDD DVD recorder.
1. How to make it region free?
2. How to make the recording shows accessible in PC?

Can anyone please help me on these questions?

Username: Darkside74

I have bought LG RH7823W HDD DVD recorder.

1. How to make it region free?
2. How to make the recording files on DVD accessible in PC?

Can anyone please help me on these questions?

Username: Tiersen

I have bought Lg dvx392H in italy I'm trying to do:

turn on
wait until display "no disc"
push (with remote) open/close button
press 000 times
...but doesn't work...perhaps Must I hold open/close button when I press "000" times
How can I do?
please help me...
thx...see you

Username: Ninjapig

Hey all, just letting you know that Lone_Knight's post unlocked my LG V782W perfectly. Great post! Just watched a region 2 DVD in Australia

Username: Jammin_jama

Hi everybody, I am desperate with my DVD player. I just coulnd´t find anybody so far who could help me with my LG V9700 DVD and VCR player.
I really hope someone here can help me cracking that player.
Thanks a million

Username: Raulph

Cebu, Cebu Philippines

i have same problem with my LG DK8621N dvd player. It has audio and no video. I cannot see the menu on screen when I use the remote. Can someone help me reset the player? you may send your solution to my problm thru my email ad: rphortelano@yahoo.com.

many, many thanks!

Username: Robert_cj

Post Number: 10
Hello, I am newbie here, This is a nice website.

Username: Dennn

hi, i have been looking for the code to unlock my dvd in all the pages and i havent found it, if someone can please help, my dvd is SAMSUNG DVD P930K

thanks

Username: Bruce001

Hello, Does anybody know if there is a special code I can set so that I can copy copy-protected video to a DVD using my LG DVD Recorder. I want to pass all my old videos to DVD but most have copy protection (they are original).

Username: Lilyran

I have read thru this site and it seems no one has posted the unlock code for LG V782W DVD/video combo?? Surely someone knows??

Username: Vcc

Hi. I have a LG YJ3ZFAUR combi-receiver and am looking to unlock the South African code to the Canadian or International code as I've recieved a few dvds as a prezzi, its very frustrating not to be able to watch " Black beard" from the 1980's, ha ha ha I have tried the 0000000, and a few other techni but to no avail Can you please help. Vincenzo

Username: Eusuntvoievodvlad

Hello, I have a LG RH266 on wich I did the eject+clear button trick... It doesn't seem to work! I noticed the "lock" previously gray area is now selectable.... but I need a two letter code to make my beloved recorder free region.
The code is now "I T" (I'm in Region 2, Italy)
Thanks!

Username: Neptec

I have a lg ht462sz home system and would like to get it region free but have not yet found anything. Does anyone have the solution.
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us