Archive through May 15, 2005

Unregistered guest
I've unlocked our DVD player lg v8824w, and a million thanks for thatone, but still can't get it to recognise computer burnt cd/dvd's of downloads, anyone got any advice?

Julia Munns
Unregistered guest
I have a DV2000 combined dvd/video and at the moment cannot get it to switch to dvd mode . When you try to switch it just shows vcr in display window and 'no disc' even when there is one in there !! .
Any ideas ?

ScottyEmmons
Unregistered guest
Hey, Guys with the 314159 code, how do u know it works, does it display a message? thanks in advance

andyq
Unregistered guest
Cheers guys, this is great

Unregistered guest
I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY DVD dc-596m for zone free code

Unregistered guest
Hello, can anyone help with an LG combo model LH-C6235?

Unregistered guest
hi, just tried the reg free on my v8824w i thinked it worked, the one dvd that has been copied from a o/seas dvd dose not work but my other dvds do so no harm done, but i am trying to get my new sanyo cp29af2x(a) to work from the same remote not having any luck can anyone help me? thanks

Username: Midman

Soderhamn, Halsingland Sweden

Post Number: 1
Hi
I dont know if anyone have seen the page for unlocking LG DVD:s?...i put it here anyway :-)

http://lgregionfree.tripod.com/menu.htm

It's mostly for them who have a cd-burner in the pc but runs like clockwork.
Upload

Jola
Unregistered guest
Hi. All these LG models have different names in different countries. Can anyone tell if my swedish v8706 combo is amongst the verified models to survive AlexKKK's cure? Some of you have described problems... (yes, I'm too chicken to just try:-)

Alnic
Unregistered guest
good site and good advice here people. I just used the code for the LG V782W (and others) to unlock my LG DK6922P.
Alnic

Sissi
Unregistered guest
Hello!
is there anyone here who kindly has some tips to unlock my LG RH 4820V dvd recorder with HHD, bought in Italy?
Many thanks!!
Silvia

Username: Haggis

Hi Guys, I have been trying to open the Zones on an LG DV8821P for days. LG gave me the 314159 code but it didn't work. Eventually joy by opening tray, pressing "000" for the menu then "0" for all zones, pause and power off. I hope this helps someone else

Sissi
Unregistered guest
Hi!!!
I have solved my problem!!
Here's the trick,it may help someone else!!
For LG RH 4820V dvd recorder with HHD, try this easy steps:

1. Power on
2. Open DVD tray
3. Press 7 times 0 on the remote control
4. You will see a "Now zonefree" confirmation message on the screen...Enjoy the best dvd recorder with no region limits!!!

Cheers,

Silvia

scutchwa
Unregistered guest
I've just used your code Alexkkk, thanks a million. I couldn't find anything for my player which is Lg DT-777w anywhere. Thanks mate

Unregistered guest
does anyone know how to make my lg dvd/video v8824w be able to change channels through the one remote?? i have misplaced my instruction manual

Alben
Unregistered guest
My dvd player plays black & white what should I do.
it playes all regions it is pal & NTSC system but I don't know the code or what can I do please help me.
thank you..

alben
Unregistered guest
ops model is LH-D6230
SORRY Thanks Alben

Unregistered guest
Hi There
i have the same problem as AVA..this was part of the reply "However, you need to make sure that your TV display can support NTSC. If not, you can check whether you can set the video output of the DVD to PAL, if so done, the US NTSC dvds will be converted by your dvd player to Pal signal and displayed on your Pal TV."
My old Dvd player had a switch on it to convert it to PAL..but my new LG v8824w doesn't seem to have one and it won't play certian copied dvd's on my teac ct-f6860s..can anyone help me with this..please..the tv manual says it does have ntsc playback..and i have my dvd player multiregion with the codes from this site, nut still won't play certian copied DVD's..sorry haven't got any US dvd to try it on and see if it plays them..or not...thanks
efro

Millie
Unregistered guest
THank you Thank you Thank you!!!!
I was unaware of the whole "region" business when I bought my LG V8824W recently. No surprise I was shocked and disappointed not to be able to play certain DVDs. But thanks the "magic" code I will be able to. So to whomever is responsible, again-THANKS!!!

Millie
Unregistered guest
I have a DVD/VCR Combo Player V8824W and I would like to use the remote to control my Sanyo CP29AF2 TV . The Sanyo code is not one listed in the owner's manual. Can anyone help me, please?

Unregistered guest
where can i get the software that unlocks dvd players?

Unregistered guest
Please help me! I've installed my new DVD LG DVX-8651C. Can you do it regionsfree? Im living in Sweden. Please help me.

Unregistered guest
Hi - can anyone give me the codes to make SAMSUNG DVD model DVD-P148 zone free?
Thanks!
Sebastijan Markovic, Kigali, Rwanda

Unregistered guest
Does anyone knows how to unlock the LG RC5900M

Unregistered guest
ok tnx man, worked on a lg dv8700H.
Can watch my canadian dvd's on my Dutch playa.
Oh yeah extra note: use the pause button on the player(not the remote) or else it won't work.

just some key words to help other people in google: dv8700H, telfort, dvd speler, aanbieding.

Unregistered guest
Ohh.. it was so easy! check otu www.videohelp.com awsome site for dvd-fix region free!!!

I've found my LG DVX 8651 fix for region!! Here it is! takes one second!!! JIHHAA!
LG DVX 8651
To set Region free:

- Open the tray;
- press 3 times the number 0 (zero);
it opens a blue and white screen;
- press 0 to set region free;
- press pause on the remote control to set the changes;
- close tray and switch off.

Now you can play it!!!

Unregistered guest
Dear All,

I have bought an LG DR4922W DVD recorder. Does anyone know how to unlock this unit so it can:
1. Play DVDs from all regions
2. Record video with NTSC format

Thanks
Richard

mab1009
Unregistered guest
Hi,

Please help. Have tried Alex KKK's 314159 tip and have found my country code in the setup menu has changed from UK to US even though i entered 0 for region free. My model is LG 5063. I have tried a region 2 disc and it still works. does this mean it has worked>

Unregistered guest
Does the unlocking CODE do any damage or create any OTHER restrictions once you punch it in? Can reverse this unlocking also?

Thank you.

Username: Little_angel

Hi I was wondering if anyone had the region free dvd code for Rowa RDV 750

Unregistered guest
Hi there,
I have a LG DVD, DS8421P, and its locked to region 5. Could anyone please hook me up with the code to unlock it. Thanks, Willy.

Unregistered guest
Hi there, I have a LG DV5612E I can't even know which region it's locked to. I'd like to unlock it, I have dvds from china and canada I can't see either of them.

kate
Unregistered guest
Please help, here is my email just in case yourananais@yahoo.com thanks in advance

elGuille
Unregistered guest
Hey guys it works great in a LG DVS-8521N

Thanks a lot!
Larga vida al rock'n roll!

Username: Bellasolang

Benin, Edo Nigeria

This is the best thing that has ever happened to my `hi-fi` world.I bless the day i joined this forum

hoi
Unregistered guest
I have tried the code 314159 for my player (LG DV8700C) but it didn't work, so I tried something else and now my player is region free, i will tell you how i did it.
- turned on the player, no disk inside.
- opened the disk tray
- pushed 3 times the 0 button on the remote
- pushed the pause button on de player
- pushed the 0 button on the remote
- closed the dvd tray
- turned the player off.
now my player is region free.

I'm from Holland but i'm sure it will help others in other countries as well. Just try it.

Anonymous

Here another confirmation that the "alex" procedure also works for the LG DV8700H (Dutch model number; it is the one that plays DivX as well). Thanks for the good work!

Unregistered guest
Hello, does anyone know by chance how to unlock the region code for the JVC DR-MX1S DVD Recorder/Player

Anonymous

I just made my LG dvd player region free too!!!! Same code! Thanks xx

LUIS ABA
Unregistered guest
How to convert your LG DC-596M DVD/VCR combo player into a multi-region compatible machine

- Ensure that there is no disc in the player (ie: "no disc" is displayed -- disc tray close).
- Using the Remote Control:
- Press PAUSE and
- Enter 314159 immediately without delay
- (You see in the displays FF)
- Enter the region code (0 for region free, or 1-6).
- (You see in the displays 00 for region free)
- Press PAUSE
- (You see in the displays no disc)
- Turn the player off for a few seconds.
- Turn the player back on
- Ready

Username: Totallyclueless

Anyone know how to crack the DVB418?

Anonymous

I just tried the hack by AlexKKK on my LG V8824W and it woked first time. You are all doing great work here. Keep it up!

Hayrulla
Unregistered guest
Attention to those who have LG DV-3781 please visit web site and select LG 6000 series for instructions. http://lgregionfree.tripod.com/menu.htm
And to those who have LG LX56320 (micro hifi w/ DVD) please:
Open tray
Press PAUSE
As soon as you see PAL/NTSC/AUTO press zero three times.
You see interface and press zero one more time to make your DVD region free.
Press PAUSE to exit
Here it goes!!!

Unregistered guest
Please how to convert LG dvd/vcr VC8706V in multiregion mode

geof
Unregistered guest
I have tried to change my LG V774W dvd/vcr region from 4 to 0. When i use the method that requires "no disc" then enter "pause" then enter "314159" then "0" for all regions then "pause" etc... it doesn's seem to be doing anything. The "no disc" is displayed throughout the whole process. Can someone help?

Username: Smeghead

Hi I just got a LG Portable DVD player dvp7772 and Im trying to get it region free. The 314159 thing doesnt seem to work any other ideas??

Ivo
Unregistered guest
Hello, I need an advice how to unlock DVD player LG make, model DVD-6044/6045. Thanks

Anonymous

P.S. the method "314159" doesn't work.

laputa
Unregistered guest
alexKKK.. i've just unlock my LG DvD player.. and it works!!! thanks alot! now i can watch any DVDs now... =) you are the man!!

claire
Unregistered guest
Wonderful!!
Used hack for LG dvc 8700 - quick, easy and it works!! thank you

Username: Shank1230_1

DartfordEngland

Can anyone show me the process to make a Phillips R70 DVD available for all regions , will be for ever grateful

basic
Unregistered guest
Thanx you guys for your pst in this forum!

I need a help for my DVD/VCR player, the model is: DVC 5930

Wills
Unregistered guest
Hi guys & Gals,
Any one know how to get the codes for the TV IE: Mitsubishi would love it if some one could work this out that way I can use just the one remote
Regards Wills

Mr V Man
Unregistered guest
hi Guys, LG DR4922W region free hack is the same as the DR-6921

1) Press setup on remote control
2) Move down to the "lock" picture
3) Press "0000000"
4) Press Yes

Got my player today, used the above and played discs from all zones perfectly.

Rachel Cakes
Unregistered guest
success! i just used the unlock code (provided by AlexKKK the second post on the top of this page) on my australian lg V8824W vcr/dvd combo, and it worked the first time! thanks :-) now i can watch dvds from the usa :o)

Unregistered guest
HI IT SEEMS IM THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS AN LG DC593W,
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE UNLOCK CODE..
MY EMAIL IS normr@iprimus.com.au.

Marv
Unregistered guest
hey, does anyone can unlock lg gcc-4521bbu?

Unregistered guest
I've already buy a LG DVD Recorder with the reference DR-4912M ( NTSC) and it comes to Region 4 only, and i need it to be "Region Free". Anyone can help me to solve that problem? thanks a lot in advance .

Unregistered guest
pleeeease help me unlock my lg DS8451ECA.it was manufactured April 2004.i want it to play all region

Unregistered guest
pleASE with LG 6054 FREE REASON.PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Unregistered guest
please help i live in US i have LG6184 got it from my niece as a gift i tried to make it as a region free didnt work also a need to reset the factory codes because i messed up the audio is way behind pleeeease anyone can help meeee.... thanx Alex

Unregistered guest
please help i live in US i have LG6184 got it from my niece as a gift i tried to make it as a region free didnt work also a need to reset the factory codes because i messed up the audio is way behind pleeeease anyone can help meeee.... thanx Alex

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
I'd like to know how to unlock LG DVD Writer + VCR combo model RC6900B.

Thanks !!

Unregistered guest
Just to report that I've managed to unlock the LG RC6900B model with the following unlock procedure:

Press "Setup"
Go to "Lock"
Press 0 seven times - You will see a "Region Free?" box appearing on the screen
Press "OK" or "Return"

Enjoy!

Unregistered guest
Alex,
Thanking you for your assistance in enabling me to ajust my DVD LGDV6812P to play several regions of DVD's, could you Alex or some one out there explain why you would have your DVD set on a range between 1-6 and not have it set to a free Zone 0.
Thanking you once again.

Unregistered guest
Alex,
Thanking you for your assistance in enabling me to ajust my DVD LGDV6812P to play several regions of DVD's, could you Alex or some one out there explain why you would have your DVD set on a range between 1-6 and not have it set to a free Zone 0.
Thanking you once again.

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
Bawden,

You can set it to 0, for region free, or between 1-6 corresponding to zone 1-6. The choice is up to the user.

Anonymous

Alex, love your work. Thanks to your 314150 code we are systems go. Cheers

Elizabeth C
Unregistered guest
Hi! Does anyone know how to unlock a Panasonic CT-27DC50 to play European DVDs? If so, please email me at ramoey@aol.com. Thanks SO MUCH in advance for any help!!!!

Joddles
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a LG DVD/VCR combo Model - V8824W and the 314159 code worked

and i also have the LG Dvd rw/VCR combo model- RC6821W and used the
Press "Setup"
Go to "Lock"
Press 0 seven times.
Press "Return"

and both of them r region free.
Thanks All for your help

Username: Zoe2111

England

Can anyone help me make my dvd/cd reciever region free it`s a LG MODEL No LH-D6230 I`ve tried 314159 doesn`t work please help

Username: Starkaas

Perth, Western Aust...

Courtesy of AlexKKK thanks muchly. This works for LG DK6922P no problems.

- Ensure that there is no disc in the player (ie: "no disc" is displayed).
- Press PAUSE
- Enter 314159 immediately without delay
- Enter the region code (0 for region free, or 1-6).
- Press PAUSE
- Turn the player off for a few seconds.
- Turn the player back on
- Done.

Unregistered guest
What is the right procedure and code for the DV8621P region free?

Noth
Unregistered guest
This also worked for the LG LH-T6740A DVD player which I was unable to find anywhere else, thanks a lot for the help.

berniedxb
Unregistered guest
Can anyone help, need to unlock my LG combo dvd/vcr multiplex 55

berniedxb
Unregistered guest
Can anyone help, need to unlock my LG combo dvd/vcr multiplex 55

lg 7030 pm region 2
Unregistered guest
WOW THANKs
314159 worked with the lg 7030 pm region 2
thx

Acidcharly
Unregistered guest
Hello Everybody ! What about LG DVD/Combo v8706 ?
how can I turn it region Free?
Thanks in advance !!

Anonymous

Lg v8706 combo
1: Swith On the player
2: Open the tray
3: Press "pause" button on the remote
4: Press "3" "1" "4" "1" "5" "9" button on the remote
5: On the TV screen there schould appear a meny for the region code.
6: Press "0" button on the remote.
7: Press "pause" button on the remote.
8: Swith Off the player and wait for a few sec.
9: Swith On the player and it works.

This really works, I've done it with mine.
This machine is a combo, DVD/VCR

Jon R
Unregistered guest
I have an LG DC593W DVD/VCR Combo, can anyone pass on the region free code for this model. thanks John

Anonymous

This procedures is like all other LG's models.
(LG 593W)
1. Power on (NO Disc.)
2. Press Pause
3. Enter 314159(with remote)
Display will show "FF"
4. Quickly press "0" (for all region)
5. Press pause
6. Power off and powere on after 20 secs.

helpinghand
Unregistered guest
To anyone who wants region free on there LG DV7821P and probably most LG players:

1) Power on the Player

2) Open the Tray

3) Press Pause

4) press '0' seven times

5) press Pause

6) Power off

The player will now be set to Multiregion mode allowing any Region Discs to be played

Hope this helps

Regards

helpinghand

Unregistered guest
please help. I just bought the LG DS8421P and it is not region free. Is there any method to change it into region free? Please kindly advise.

kfar10
Unregistered guest
AlexKKK
You my friend....you are a legend. I wish you happiness for the rest of your life. And if you're looking for a manager.... I can see the "T" shirts now..."Life's Good with AlexKKK", "314159 rules!" "Life's Good...but even better with AlexKKK".
Thanks from all your new found friends in Australia

Unregistered guest
Hi gang! Does anyone know the hack for the
LH-CX245 DVD/VCR Combi? Please let me know thanx, Jib.

JanJan
Unregistered guest
Hello all, what happens if you change the region to "0" for a DVD recorder like LG RH-7900 (Belgium) - does it record disks as original region only (in my case Region 2), or as region "0" and therefore viewable by anyone playing disks on any machine irrespective of their region's settings? Thanks for any advice anyone knows. Also, does this model use the 314159 or the 0000000 method?

ausmanx
Unregistered guest
petey's post re the unlock for the LG RC6821W works... thanks heaps to that man!

Anonymous

for dvd recorder LG RH481OW open tray press 0 three times then ) again to make region O (or multi region) if does not work the first time persist. a message comes up to congratulate you on making yuor recorder a free region.

Unregistered guest
I have V8824W I WISH MAK REGIDNAL FREE CAN'T HELP ME THANK YOU NEVILLE GILL

Unregistered guest
HI ALEX, CAN THE 314159 CODE WORK FOR LG MODEL DS8451ECA TO REGION FREE?

Unregistered guest
would love to make my LG DP5932P portable DVD player multi-zone. anyone know the code?????

techo_shop
Unregistered guest
Can someone help me. I have an LG LX-D2640, its a micro hifi with DVD/DIVX player, ive been trying over and over again with the 314149 method. It gets me to the screen allows me to change the code to "0", but when i put a region 1 disc in it says "check region". Can someone help me please.

Username: Eran

hi there
as anyone maybe knows if there is a way to open dvd player model lg 5083 for playing whit divx?
maybe there is a code or something ales?

Kent
Unregistered guest
Hello folks, I am in a hotel in Bangkok and just managed to unlock the DVD player here a DV5512P with the above instructions (hit pause, enter a few numbers of pie etc).

Many thanks.

Nelin
Unregistered guest
I got LG DVB-418 DVD player. It plays PAL and NTSC disks, but refuses to play any zones but 1. Does anybody know how to make it region-free?

Username: Debs63

Hi

Can anyone help me please?? I have been trying to make my LG DV2000st dvd combi region free and guess what i cant do it, have u any suggestions? I have tried the codes listed in the forum but nothing happens at all. I would be most grateful if someone could help me please

Callan
Unregistered guest
folks

Thanks for all the advise, I have now tried to copy onto my LG DR4922W from my Video Camera, works fine when replayed on the LG machine but not on any other machine. Can anyone help, I'm trying to show my wife our son's performance and she is bedridden

Thanks

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
Callan,

Have you tried both + R and -R as some machine only support +R or - R.

Unregistered guest
hi can any body help with a unlock code for sanyo dvd player sl20 thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us