Archive through January 02, 2005

Username: Naomie

Post Number: 2
Hi - can anyone give me the codes to make LG dvd models DV6812P and
V8824W zone free???

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
This is for DV 6812P

- Ensure that there is no disc in the player (ie: "no disc" is displayed).
- Press PAUSE
- Enter 314159 immediately without delay
- Enter the region code (0 for region free, or 1-6).
- Press PAUSE
- Turn the player off for a few seconds.
- Turn the player back on
- Here it goes

Not sure whether it works with V8824W

Post Number: 3
Alex - thanks heaps for this. When i play region 1 dvd's (im in aust region4) they scroll and arent viewable - any ideas re this? btw it also worked with V8824W however same problem - it also doesnt play certain copied dvd's...any ideas? :-)

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
Naomi,
I guess its due to Region 1 is on NTSC but you are in PAL in Australia. If your TV can display NTSC signal, and you set the DVD output signal system to AUTO, than it should work.

rygo
Unregistered guest
Thanks from me too Alex. Now I can watch dvds in Australia sent from the uk. Got to love the internet and those who use it to help ;)

Anonymous

i have a dv8721p LG dvd, how do i make it region free

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
have you tried the same method as the 6812p?

JV
Unregistered guest
Hey AlexKKK,Thanks for the region free code for the V8824W. Dunno where you got from but it works great!

Ollypig
Unregistered guest
Does anyone have a region free code for an LG8621 dvd player?

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
why not try the same steps for LG6812, it may also work.

Wattsie
Unregistered guest
Hi, Does anyone know the region free code for the LG DVD/VCR Combo recorder RC6821W

Rose
Unregistered guest
Having troubles with the V8824W when playing DVDs. At the end of the DVD the picture starts to skip and after a couple of times doing this it freezes. What's going on???

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
If this happens only to one DVD, its the DVD defect.

ChrisM
Unregistered guest
Guys please i can't get work the V8824W.. are you sure the above code helps. i have been trying for hours.. i would really appreciate it if you could go more indepth.. as in exactly how much time i have to put it in and what am i supposed to see on the screen as i am doing it

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
Could you tell me what did you see on screen after you pressed 314159?

Post Number: 4
Hi - when i entered 314159 i got a blue screen which gave me the choice of entering region codes up to 6 - I entered 0 to make it region free.:-)

Ian D
Unregistered guest
I have used 314159 code successfully on my LG player. I have also passed code onto several friends with different LG machines and this code has worked every time.
The only difference is sometimes the prompt to change region code ('0' for multi) appears on TV screen (obviously have DVD channel selected) and sometimes on DVD player itself.

Unregistered guest
Rose, I have a V8824W LG Combo driver too. Sometimes my movies also skip a little when playing. I was using LASER brand media and also PRINCO brand. I tested a TDK brand and it worked fine. May I know if you've had the same problems with the above brands? Can anyone offer any suggestions? Could it be something to do with the progressive scan feature? LG is supposed to be compatiable with everything.

Stella
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have an LG DV7821P player. Will the unlocking code for DV6812P work the same for mine?

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
Stella,

No harm trying

Unregistered guest
I have a Nihon NDV-800K DVD Player my sister sent from Saudi. Some DVDs play others don't, they give error message "wrong region".
Any DVD code to make this model region-free?
Thanks and more power to the free world!
Pls send me email if you have this code.

Saulo
Unregistered guest
AlexKKK, you're the man!
I've just unlocked my Lg DVB318 with your tips.
Tks.

Rose
Unregistered guest
Hi, sorry to take so long to reply Alex!! It wasn't with only one DVD, it was with burnt ones and bought ones and it only did it and the end of the movies. It doesn't seems to be doing it any more. Just teathing problems I guess.
Thanks anyway! Rose

Anonymous

Just unlocked my sister's LG V8824W....ruling :-)
Thanks for the code

Unregistered guest
I'ved got a new V8824W DVD/Video combo and I need the code for a Panasonic TV so I can control the TV using the V8824W remote. Can anyone give me the code - Panasonic is not in the manual

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to get LG DC-596M free zone ?
Plz
Thx

JS
Unregistered guest
Does anyone have any idea on how to get lg dvd6194 region free? I've already tried a few different ways, which I was advised to, but they don't seem to work. I'm getting really frustrated. The RMTM5000 or whatever did not function.

Pet
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know the region free code for the ; LG DVD/VCR Combo recorder RC G8221W . Thanks !

Smintie
Unregistered guest
I have just successfully unlocked LG DW 6522P

Smintie
Unregistered guest
I have just successfully unlocked LG DW 6522P using: Ensure that there is no disc in the player (ie: "no disc" is displayed).
- Press PAUSE
- Enter 314159 immediately without delay
- Enter the region code (0 for region free, or 1-6).
- Press PAUSE
- Turn the player off for a few seconds.
- Turn the player back on

THANX A MIL!!!!

Unregistered guest
Hi, I am from Australia and I have an LG dvd/vcr combo model V782W. What code or method should I use to make it region free? Thank You!!

Anonymous

I have LG DV8851C (8751 and 8651 should be the same) and the above doesn't work..Any other ideas?

Anonymous

I'll answer myself. It worked when i first pressed Open, then Pause and 314159. This works atleast for LG DV8851C

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me how to unlock - LG DVD/VCR - Recorder/Video cassette recorder . Model : RC6821W . Thank You !

AndyB
Unregistered guest
Wow, there was I looking for an region unlocking code for my LG DVD/VCR and found this forum....My first thought was 'not another forum where no-one replies'..Only to be proven wrong..Thankfully your forum gave me what I needed. Many thanks.

Unregistered guest
Hi....i have my DVD player locked!!!

The model is FFH-DV25A,

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thanks!

Unregistered guest
I am also after the hack for the LG R6821W - the normal 314159 doesn't seem to work on this partcular unit. This unit doesn't bring up a "No Disc" warning as it just switches back to TV/VCR mode (this is a combi unit) if no Disc is present.

Any help would be greaty appreciated

Unregistered guest
Hi. I have a LG DV7821P DVD player. I've done the region unlocking, but can't seem to play any DVD's on a TV here in Canada (NTSC TV). The sound of the DVDs come through, but the pictures is rolling and distorted.

Templar
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the code. Just to let everyone know, the code for the dv6812p works for the dv8721p.

Anonymous

You guys are great - worked fantastic with my dvd/vcr combi v692wk - thanks!

SLong
Unregistered guest
alexKKK, thank you VERY much. I just unlocked the V8824W LG player, and can now play LEGITIMATELY BOUGHT u.s. videos in australia. What an absurd and unusable practice to limit the regions in a global economy.

Unregistered guest
Thank You!!!!!!!
I just unlocked my LG V692WK

Unregistered guest
Can anyone help with unlock code for LG 6821 VHS/DVD Recorder.

Unregistered guest
Hi guys,

I really need a post for code to LG DV-8800c. Bought it in Russia.

Pet
Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me how to unlock , LG RC6821W VHS/DVD Recorder ! Thanks !

Unregistered guest
Unlocking the LG V782W DVD player
* Ensure that there is no disc in the player (ie: "no disc" is displayed).
* Press PAUSE
* Enter 314159 (the first 6 digits of pi with no decimal place).
* Enter the region code (0 for region free, or 1-6).
* Press PAUSE
* Turn the player off for a few seconds.
* Turn the player back on
* Voila!

Daeghran
Unregistered guest
Excellent!!!

My LG-8721P is now multi-zone thanks to AlexKKK's code.

MANY Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Please can someone help me to mulit region my LG DVD LHC6235 my Phillips 622 I downloaded a file to put on my LG I followed the instructions and burned it with the newest nero but I keep getting disc error I am trying to change them from region 2.
Thanks in advance

Daeghran
Unregistered guest
@homerforum

Why not try AlexKKK's code on your LG. It isn't for my specific model but it worked nonetheless. Seems to work on a whole range of LG's as far as I can see.

Anonymous

Hi there...I have the LG V8824W Progressive Scan DVD / VCR Combo...can anyone help me in knowing how to record from my tv to my vcr...my channels are from the sattelite...and i connected the s video cable but it didnt work!

help

Anonymous

With my LG DV8700C AlexKKK's code does work. Thanx.

kingriz
Unregistered guest
hey guys wat about the LG DA 5320

kingriz
Unregistered guest
hey guys wat about the LG DA 5320

Anonymous

DV-8751, easy!
Eject the dvd-slot.
Press three 0:s. 0 0 0
Then chose reg 0. In the meny that appears.
Then press pause.
CLose tray.
Turn off player

Unregistered guest
Hi, I've tried to unlock my lg dvd6194, but the codes here don't seem to work, no blue screen or code or anything is shown. Apparently nothing changes. What am I supposed to see when I enter the code?

annon
Unregistered guest
Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!
The code 314159 also works on model DV7821P

Anonymous

Can anyone help with unlock code for a LG RC 6821 W DVD/VHS recorder.
I've tried the 314159 code and also 7 zeros and 4 zeros but no success.
It's a pain not being able to play my US DVDs (I'm in Australia)
HELP ! Please

SeanBoy
Unregistered guest
Thanks alexkkk i have a australian combo lg dvd player/vcr player model V782W and the 314159 thing worked.Excellent :-)

Post Number: 5
wow alex you certainly have helped a lot of people! you are quite the legend! thanks again!

Anonymous

can someone confirm/second that the 314159 code also vorks for with LG DV 8700C ? thanks a lot. I"d rather have a second opinion before I go ahead and screw my friend's player! :-)

Anonymouss
Unregistered guest
Suggest you try. There should be no harm on doing it if it doesn't work. So many had tried and most successful. Some doesn't work but there had been no record of damage to the DVd.

Unregistered guest
I have tried the the 314159 thing on my LG V8824W
combo and now it won't play any dvd's at all.

I must have entered the numbers in the wrong order because I didn't get a blue screen. Now I've tried about 10 different dvd's and the player can't read them.

Anyone have any idea on how to reset the player?

NaomiA
Unregistered guest
Hi spryan

Try entering the code back in then setting the region code back to what you are; ie region 4 for aust etc..

alternatively try entering the wrong code ie 315149 and see if that makes a difference....

hope this helps.:-)

Unregistered guest
hi ive got a lg v782w combo ive checked the region it is on 4, but it wont play any dvd just comes up with disk error, it plays vcds and svcds.

spryan
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the idea Naomi, but no good.
It's really weird...I can play CD's and Jpegs but no dvd's. And i've checked the reigion code again, it's set to reigion 4.

Unregistered guest
Hi everyone I've got an LG DVD/VCR combo V782W with the same regional lock problem I see that someone else posted a request on this chat site. Did anyone out there get satisfaction and get to unlock this machine? If so how did you do it? I keep striking out using the 314159 code. I don't even know whether the pause button on the remote is working either because you can't see anything on the screen. Can anyone help please?

Unregistered guest
Hi I have a LG RC6821W Combo DVD/ Video recorder and live in Australia. Can anyone please help me with an unlocking code so that i can play my precious Region 1 DVDs ? I have tried the 314159 code but have had no success. Thankyou in advance.

Unregistered guest
I have a LG DVPS500 {dv8821} which i got in japan. i can't seem to get the unit into multizone. i have tried the 314159 code many times - but no luck. the menu system looks a little different to my old lg dvd player. does anyone know if the dvps500/dv8821 can be unlocked? thanks alot!!

jamieeee
Unregistered guest
Hi there - l have a LG dvd recorder DR 4912 - can l hack it so it records copyrighted stuff? Already made it region free thanxs jamie

eiuGTCBWKUER
Unregistered guest
I just bought a DR-6621...how the heck do I make it region free?!
The guy who sold me this thing was able to reach the menu with DVD regions, but now I tested a region 1 (I'm in region 2 zone)...it doesn't work. So what's the correct code?
Thanks!

eiuGTCBWKUER
Unregistered guest
Sorry! I just found out how to hack the DR 6621. I haven't found this code anywhere else on the internet.

- go to the set up page and there's a region code section.
- a password will be asked
- press 4x a 0, then enter
then press 0 a couple of times and suddenly your player/recorder is region free.

I saw very shortly on the screen "region code now set to 0". Because I was pressing so many 0's all the time I don't remember how many exactly. But after entering the password n the region code section of the set up, you'll be able to set it on 0.
I hope this helps anyone.

ps. all the other codes just changed the channel on the recorder. I really needed to go to the set up page.

cblas
Unregistered guest
This message is to confirm that AlexKKK's code works properly for LG DV 8700C. Now I can enjoy the free zone thanks AlexKKK

Ava
Unregistered guest
I think it worked... I'm planning to buy a disc set from the US now.. how do I know it worked before I buy it - just to make sure? Is there a way to check what region code it's set on?

My machine is V782W.

I did the steps and I'm pretty sure it worked. :D I just want to make sure.

Carlos from Puerto Rico
Unregistered guest
AlexKKK you are the greatest!!! Thanx a LOTTTT. Your code worked perfect for my Spain bought LG dv8700c DVD player.
This is one of the things that still give me hope that the Global Capitalist System has not yet took over the Internet. There is stil hope in democracy/equality for all thanx to internet! VIVA EL INTERNET LIBRE!! (LONG LIVE THE INTERNET FREEDOM!!)

...and down with hollywood and its mounstruous region imposed code system.

Bob Whitehead
Unregistered guest
Hi,

Thanks for all the help, which seems to work with all LG models the family has except for:

KT17L221 - combo DVD and LCD screen.

Can anyone confirm any codes for this LG model.

Thanks in advance.

Ava
Unregistered guest
Never mind about my question, I figured it out.

One question though - I live in Aus and want to get US DVDS - whats this thing about a PAL/NTS barrier?

Ali G
Unregistered guest
I have just moved to Oz from the UK and bought the V8824W - Now I can read the DVD's I brought over - Thanks for this - worked a treat!

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
Ava,I believe your DVD can support both NTSC and PAL. However, you need to make sure that your TV display can support NTSC. If not, you can check whether you can set the video output of the DVD to PAL, if so done, the US NTSC dvds will be converted by your dvd player to Pal signal and displayed on your Pal TV.

Hope this help.

Unregistered guest
Anyone know the region code 2 unlock the LG DVC8700???

Swanny
Unregistered guest
Also worked on an LG DV8621P, thanks guys excellent

Ava
Unregistered guest
Alex, under my specification part of my DVD manual it says:

[quote]Signal System - PAL[/quote]

Would that mean only PAL? If it does support both, do you know how I could change video output?

Thank you so much for all your help!

Username: Samcolt12

Arlington, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
anyone know how to unlock the LG LGXBR446 ?

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
Ava, in that case your machine can only output signal in PAL system so you don't have to set your TV to NTSC. It does not show whether it can support NTSC DVDs, suggest you to get a NTSC DVD and play it. If it goes well then, the DVD player is converting NTSC to PAL signal automatically. It unfortunately it cannot play the NTSC DVD, then you can only play PAL DVDs, those that are commonly available in Europe. Hope this help.
AlexKKK

Anonymous

Hi guys" those who are asking for help"

May be I can help in decoding most of the DVD players from A-Z only.
Please feel free to email me westy_boyz@hotmail.com.

Cheers

Unregistered guest
THANKS FOR REGION DECODE FOR LG V8824W DVD/VCR COMBO, BUT DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE COPY PROTECT THING, THAT STOPS US RECORDING TO VCR???

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
you can check another thread "converting vhs to dvd"

Anonymous

Report: LG V8816 DVD/VCR combo works fine.

sfadsf
Unregistered guest
the 314159 code doesnt work on the LG DVS7905
can anyone help me???

please i need the region codefree

slackjack
Unregistered guest
Hi can anyone help with a code to make the LG V8824 remote operate Panasonic tv's, it isn't in the manual.

Unregistered guest
Hi . I have a DA 3520 and want to make it region free( currently region 2). I have tried the 314159 code but it doesnt work for me. Can anybody out there help me please?

Unregistered guest
Hi. I have just bought a LG DV8621P, supposedly multi zone but wont play The US dvd's. Iwill try the 314159 code, but whats the best setting?...does region free mean it will play anything from anywhere at anytime?
Thanks

AlexKKK
Unregistered guest
Yes, 0 for region free. it means that it will play all region dvds.

Unregistered guest
The region unlock for the LG RC6821W is as follows.

Press "Setup"
Go to "Lock"
Press 0 seven times.
Press "Return"

You should briefly see a message on your TV screen which says "Congratulations ! Your machine is now Region Free." or something like that.

It worked for me.

Username: Shandy22

Blackpool, Lancashire England

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a LG Dvd/Video Model: DV2000 and wondered if anyone had the codes for that.
Please Help :-)

busylizzy
Unregistered guest
Thanks Alex.we have lift off and all region viewing now.
Another question:
Sony DVPns330.it is a European DVD, which only plays region 2DVDs, and the odd other DVD.
Is there any way to make this an all region DVD
Thanks

Username: Kel

Post Number: 2
hi can anyone help me set my LG4210 dvd player back to factory reset, as i have 0000 on the screen and it wont play anything. i would be VERY greatful if someone can help.

Unregistered guest
could you please help mewith an unblocking code for my LG combi DVD player DV2000ST

MartinEngelbrecht
Unregistered guest
Hi I have a LG DV8621P Dvd player, I have tried the 314159 code but I cant seem to get it working, does anyone have some advise for me please. I am staying in south africa, I dont know if that is relevant.

Unregistered guest
Hi there. I'm in Venezuela (region 4)and i bought a DVD player Toshiba SD-1700 a the USA. I can't play other regions than 1. Please could someone help me. Could you please Alex the wizard!!! thank you. My email orlandocordova@hotmail.com

Anonymous

Thanks everyone.
Works for DV6842p too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us