Mitsubishi WS-65909 Convergence

Username: Robodoc

Reno, NV

Post Number: 1
I had a convergence problem on my 6 year old 65' Mitsubishi WS-65909. Based on another ecoustics post https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/330631.html I replaced the convergence IC stk393-110 with a Sanyo part, powered the tv on and all channels look great. I went to the setup screen (the screen with all the vertical and horizontal lines) to calibrate the convergence. I notice that the red was only slightly out on the left and right edges, but the blue was really out on the left side (about 3 inches). I adjusted it and continued calibrating the rest of the screen. About ten minutes into calibration, I noticed that the blue on the left side was about three or more inches out on the left side again. As I watched, the blue progressively got worse and started to migrate towards the center of the screen. The TV then turned itself off. I waited about ten minutes and turned it back on. The green light on the front turns on for about 5 seconds then the tv powers off. BTW, I used thermal compound from radio shack that is silicon based. My fear is that the new convergence ic has been burned out by some other problem with the board. Any suggestions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us