WS 65909 Mitsubishi

Username: Tttss

Post Number: 1
Hi,
Can anyone help me on this: I have this TV for 4.5 years and it started double image (green and red) after turn-on a while. I brought the service manual but found no clue for where I can started to fix. I attached a picture for the problem please noted the up-right corner red color. I checked the forum but didnot find this V19 case please can anyone help me what should I do?
Thank you in advance.

Upload
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Veasnalong

Post Number: 14
bad Convergence STK Chips

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info. Do I need to replace the CONV-GENE board to fix it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
No, Just I.C STK392-xxx not sure what exact part # but I think STK392-570 you need to bouble chack
the two larg IC mount to Heat sink

Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Never mine my spelling being rush.
Make sure you have some skill doing this and watch out for Hi voltage from Flyback Transformer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Jasen,

This board may be diffrent from your i just want to show the convegernce I.C's that mount to heat sink

Post Number: 3
Appreciate your detail pictures, any ideas where I can buy these ICs from? Mitsubishi?
Thanks a lot!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Buy from MCM Electronic they do have original Sanyo part,, Mitsubishi have used Sanyo part genaric part may not be good due to Tolerance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
From another Model V18 and V18+ and show to disconnect Hi voltage from Flyback Transformer Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
From another Model V18 and V18+Upload

Post Number: 4
65909 should be v19. I only found one IC there. I will trying to get the parts tomorrow stk392-110, will let you know the result. It's quit strange to me when I open the back while TV is on, I heard something in there like static sparks all the time, is that normal?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
jasen,

May need to take the board out and look for bad SOLDER JOINT try to resolder bad joint if needed double check STK chip's pins and tuch up solder to see what happen. I realized a bit hard to remove board out from the cabinet just becarefule with hi voltage on Flyback Transformer RED WIRE ANODE CAP that go to each CRT.

Post Number: 5
I took out the board and found out that the heat sink grease are all melt down cause the chip lose touch with the heat sink and over heated. Considering the chip might have some problem cause the overheat, I decided to replace it, but found no luck that several venders are all out of stock. I will keep trying tomorrow. BTW the single chip for v19+ is stk393-110.
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Jasen,
Are you sure STK393-110????? 27 pins.
on your previous post state STK392-110.
IF you are sure STK393-110 do google search under that part you will find some try stay away from Genaric brand. Look for Sony or Sanyo I notice some are made in China not sure how good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Jasen,

going to be hard to find these parts due to read below:

http://www.audiolabga.com/pdf/stk_discontinued.pdf

Post Number: 6
Hello Long,
I got the chip from prelco electronics today(sanyo chip), desoldering the old chip, resoldering the new one, put on grease and heat sink, all the plugs, power on...perfect picture.
Thanks for all the info and advise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us