Pansat 2500a question/confusion

Bronze Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 66
Over the past few weeks I have heard all about converting the Pansat 2500a into a 2700. I am planning on having that done tomorrow. I've went as far as downloading the file(s). By the way, my Pansat is not a clone, if that makes any difference.

Anyhow, now I am a little confused with all of this due to the old files working again. Therefore, does the pansat 2500a still have to be converted to the 2700? I gather that is STILL the case and that the 2500a will only pick up local channels if not converted and updated.

However, I have seen some asking questions in regard to converting, or reverting them back to a 2500. I have some ideas as to why some people would be doing that, but am not sure.

As I said, I have yet to convert mine. Therefore, I only have local channels. I wanted to make sure I'm following correctly on what is going on before I proceed.

Silver Member
Username: Rescate

VENEZUELA, M...

Post Number: 181
Joe,

Pansat original is safe with bins, because clones bins had additionnal killer section erased.

Yes does still to be converted, to get all the channels with the latest bin: now working bin #232 from december 2007.

Reverting back is possible, because people had problems converting their pansats.

Sole difference between 2500 and 2700 models is flash memory 2500 > 1MB 2700 > 2MB but is the same box.

I now you can do a seach by your own but here is one thred wich explain everything.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/398851.html

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7069
You need to convert to get everything. The main thing I would stress is the fact that jvvh, the architect of the conversion and Chancy, one of the regular helpers in conversions, have recommended that you first install the 293T or 294T BIN in the receiver before starting the conversion.
****------****------****------****------****------****------
For Pansat 2500/FLU new conversions and converted to 2700
Use only on converted receivers.
DO NOT USE ON Genuine Pansat 2700 or on Pansat 2700 clones

In case you have difficulty getting the latest BIN, it is available here.

Everything you need for 2500/Flu to 2700 conversion in one package.
Instructions included.
The latest jvvh_235 files for Pansat or Fortec remote
The latest CS_235T_lightning Bin included
These three files are also available separately for those who do not want to download the full kit

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit

The latest ECM of 10th January, requires that you use the 232 or 233 BINs.
These have been posted separately in Conversion_232_233.zip file.

Bronze Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 67
Thanks Rescate and Nalin. I did get it coverted and up and running without a hitch about an hour after I posted. Actually, my son did it, although I was going to attempt it. That's why I don't know much, because he is the one who does it and won't teach me.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7083
Joe: You need to buy him a new car. Then he MIGHT consider teaching you.

Bronze Member
Username: Jgrumby

Post Number: 15
That's why I don't know much, because he is the one who does it and won't teach me.

Joe, grab him by the throat and say, 'Now listen here boy, you're gonna show me how to load files into my box or else. I brought you into this world and I have no problem being the one who takes you out.' j/k

Seriously though... You should learn to do it yourself. It's not that hard. If anything, watch closely while he does it and compare the process to the written instructions. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us