Pansat 2500 - Pansat 2700 Conversion - New

Gold Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 1219
Hi, friends!

Some people are saying that the Pansat 2500 - Pansat 2700 Converting Procedure killed their receiver. Well, I told you before and I'm telling you once again that please read the INSTRUCTIONS file at least 3 - 4 times before you start the conversion. I started this thread, because I've updated the Pansat 2500 Conversion Kit by updating ALL the files and I've also added the FACTORY BIN for Pansat 2500 receivers this time. Now this time, before you start the Pansat 2500 - Pansat 2700 conversion, please load the FACTORY BIN into your Pansat 2500 receiver. Again, timing is VERY IMPORTANT! Below is the new link to my new and updated Pansat 2500 - Pansat 2700 Conversion Kit.

Download Link : [link removed]

And now, this thread will handle all the discussions related to Pansat 2500 - Pansat 2700 Conversion!

Bronze Member
Username: Kb1

Post Number: 20
Hi AV

I am not geting any local channel like HBO or any other like family comedy

Can you please tell me indetail what should I do

Gold Member

Post Number: 1220
Kami,

Do you have the latest bin for your receiver? There was an ECM on Dishnetwork 4 or 5 days ago. If you have the latest bin, then please try to re-scan your satellite(s), but make sure to do a factory reset first.

Bronze Member
Username: Kb1

Post Number: 21
Yes I do have the latest bin I did factory reset and then scan but I only get internation channel no local

Bronze Member
Username: Jaz06

Post Number: 38
Is this the way to convert the fortec star lifetime ultra receivers too?

Username: Kacha

Post Number: 5
hi AV-- my receiver shows a red light on the display and wont download the factory bin file either. do i hae to jtag it????

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13208
If U have lights in the front display window, then no need to jtag.....just CORRECTLY upload any bin made for that receiver...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1221
Jaz,

Please read before you post! This thread is NOT for Fortec STAR receivers.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13210
fortec star lifetime ultra = FLU

Silver Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 138
I am not very bright and it worked first try.

Username: Rookie1bc

Post Number: 10
Hey AV, just downloaded your new kit. The only problem is that your instructions on converting was created using the new microsoft word which creates files as "docx" files and not just "doc." So those of us who don't have the newest microsoft word installed can't just open it. as for me, i know you can get the file converted via the internet and get it sent to your email. but it sure would be a lot easier (for me and especially a lot of our "technology handicapped" friends) if it were just a regular, old "doc" file.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13215
download it and rename it...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1224

Pansat 2500 - Pansat 2700 Converting Procedure

First, here's a list of things that you need:

- RS 232 female-female Straight Cable
- A Pansat 2500 remote control

Note : Before you start the conversion, please load the FACTORY BIN for Pansat 2500 into your receiver.

Instructions/Procedure:

- Please turn OFF your receiver and disconnect it from the satellite & the TV cable
- Connect your receiver to your computer using RS 232 female-female Straight Cable
- Now open the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please select the "BIN" option on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now please select the correct "COM" port on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.
- Now, please click the "Select Bin" button on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please look for the "j27_205_1.bin" file and click on it
- Now, please turn ON your receiver and as soon as you see the first "dash light" on your receiver's front panel, click the "Write Bin" button on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please wait and let the bin download process complete
- When it's done, your receiver will REBOOT automatically and soon you'll see B 7 5 flashes back and forth on your receiver's front panel
- Now, please close the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0 window
- Please turn OFF your receiver
- Now re-open the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please click the "Select Bin" button on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please look for the "jvvh_208_1.bin" file and click on it
- Now, please turn ON your receiver and as soon as you see the first "dash light" on your receiver's front panel, click the "Write Bin" button on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- When it's done, your receiver will REBOOT automatically and soon you'll see B 7 5 flashes back and forth on your receiver's front panel
- That flashing B 7 5 will stop and freeze on number 5 for 30 seconds
- After 30 seconds or so, your receiver will automatically boot (It'll turn ON automatically, after 30 seconds)
- Now, please turn your receiver OFF and disconnect it from your computer
- Finally, please connect the satellite and the TV cable to your receiver
- That's It, you're done! Now, you've succussfully converted your FTA unit.
- Finally, download the latest bin to your receiver (Read my Bin Loading Intructions file for help)

Note: After you finish with the above steps, you have to re-scan your satellite(s). After you're done with that, you have to enter the latest keys (Dishnetwork or BellExpressVu). Here's what you need to do after you re-scan your satellite(s):

- Go to MENU
- Then, go to Parental Control / CAS Control Menu
- Then, go to Second Pin and enter 0000
- Then, go to Set Default Key
- Then, go to Nagravision 2 to enter the latest Dishnetwork or BellExpressVu keys

After you enter and store the latest keys, please EXIT the menu and start watching TV!

Instructions provided by AV!

Username: Bruce69

LK,AV OR ANYONE ELSE; I AM USING RS232 STRAIGHT CABLE(I HAVE USED THE SAME CABLE BEFORE TO DOWNLOAD BINS)IT GIVES ME AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN I CHOSE COM 1,2,3,4 (CANT OPEN SERIAL PORT)IS THERE A DIFFERENT LOADER I COULD USE? PLEASE HELP ME FOR THE SAKE OF SPONGEBOB

Gold Member

Post Number: 1225
Sorry, but for this conversion, the Blacklist 1.4.0.0 is the best one to use, in my opinion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
AV WHAT DO YOU SUGEST ME TO DO AT THIS POINT?I AM VHOSING COM 1,2,3 AND 4 NON OF THEM ARE WORKING FOR MR

Username: Homeruncc

At first I thought I had a problem. Then I read it again. It says:

- Now, please turn ON your receiver and as soon as you see the first "dash light" on your receiver's front panel, click the "Write Bin" button on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0 -

The key here is "AS SOON AS YOU SEE THE FIRST DASH LIGHT...CLICK THE WRITE BIN BUTTON..."

Have your finger on the mouse and be ready to click immediatly. Don't wait seconds later. This worked for me and I watch TV all weekend. I did not have PPV but I could watch some on the VOD channels.

Thanks for all the help guys. I know I don't post much but I read almost everyday.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
MOMERUM WHICH COM NUMBER DID YOU HAVE TO USE?I DID THIS IT DID NOT WORK

Bronze Member
Username: South2

Post Number: 44
Hi AV,
Where can I find factory bin for Pantec V1 (clone of 2500) or is it the same as original PS2500? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Halo

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 37
AV, soo u know the dead receivers how do u fix them, i heard there is some default setting in the actual receiver. So can u just plz tell me how i will fix my receiver because it went dead while running the converting process??

Thx soo much!

Username: Homeruncc

Post Number: 6
I used COM1 on my PC.

Username: Imauser

Post Number: 1
Hi All
I had Fortec Lifetile Ultra (FLU) and just two weeks ago I sucessfully converted to Pansat 2700. Can anybody tell me is there new BIN out yet for Pansat 2700 (clone),so I can download the new bin file to watch all DISHNETWORK channels.

I m getting difference answers from the forums, pls clearify..

Thanks}

Username: Bigheadrocks

Los angeles, California Usa

any bodie aut there, im looking for the newest dish
keys, i have a cool sat reaciver

Gold Member

Post Number: 1235
Gary,

Please check www.ftabins.net for Pantec files.

Hussam Arif,

If you receiver is dead, meaning no power, light, etc? Then, you have to JTAG your receiver.

Username: Ayyubraj

Mississauga, ON CANADA

Post Number: 8
AV :

Thanks for for your effort for describing the detail procedure for conversion.Could we use same for Clone Pansat too ?

Thanks,

Gold Member

Post Number: 1237
Well, for Pansat 2500 Clones, there's a different conversion kit, which I posted few weeks go and it's now in the archieves

Mississauga, ON CANADA

Post Number: 9
Oh ..I tried this one on clone and now my receiver is dead. I have to jtag now. Is there any is procedure for jtag...I just missed by 5 minutes because of hurry.

It's my fault not your AV. Thanks for reply.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1245
Yes, to JTAG your receiver, you need a JTAG cable, and once you have that, then you need the JTAG program for your receiver which you can easily find it at www.ftabins.net

Bronze Member
Username: Halo

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 39
Thx alot AV!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1261
you're welcome ... good luck with JTAGGING

Mississauga, ON CANADA

Post Number: 10
AV...I could not finding procedure for JTAG Pansat 2500A Clone.Could you please link the thread? I really appreciate your help .

Gold Member

Post Number: 1266
I believe you have Fortec STAR Lifetime Ultra, right? Here's the JTAG link : http://ftabins.net/showthread.php?t=5877

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Hi AV,

In one of your post above, you mentioned other is a different conversion kit for pansat clones, but the steps in Pansat 2500-pansat 2700 converting procedure are almost the same as those for clones. Can you please tell me the difference? Secondly, is it necessary to load factory bin before conversion, because I converted couple of clones successfully without loading factory bin Thanks for your help.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13283
Gary...Same procedures for clones or genuine receivers...and no, U don't need to start with a factory bin..

Bronze Member
Username: Haxit

Post Number: 79
Yes, LK is very correct! Good job man :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1270
you the man, LK

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Thanks LK, AV and everyone else for your help.

Bronze Member

Mississauga, ON CANADA

Post Number: 11
AV: I have Clone Pansat 2500a. Would be the same JTAG as FLU ?

Username: Firemon

Post Number: 3
my conversion went great bin 218 applied.just 1 problem some channels on TP #6 are missing HBO2,HBOsig etc... rescanned that transponder but still NOT THERE ...HELP?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1289
Raj, YES!

Fire Man,

There are some little bugs in bin 218. We have to wait for the next bin.

Bronze Member
Username: Laurad

Post Number: 35
Hi AV just read the instructions for conversion of 2500A to 2700.The only problem I am having is the loading of the Factory Bin. Please verify for me the bin number so I wont make the same mistake I did two weeks ago. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 845
laura its Pansat 2700A_060526_115_api.bin

link http://ftabins.net/showthread.php?t=543
register is free good luck

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4406
Pansat 2500 and Flu to Pansat 2700 conversion:

There are people here whose sole reason for being here is to draw you to their favourite or friend's site.
Certain sites such as
[link removed] and
http://www.dssrookie.com

are the kind that have direct input and support from jvvh. I have just looked at the ftatalk site, and the 219 files were released there less than an hour ago, so I would be suspicious of any site posting the jvvh BIN before 11:59 am today eastern time.

Initially there was concern about the file being bad, but now there are 6-8 posts suggesting that the file is OK, but one post says that "diseqc mod not done yet"

Gold Member

Post Number: 4407
[link removed]

jvvh 219 bin for fortec 2500/2700

STILL IN TESTING.... diseqc mod not done yet, so standby is still a problem
but its been up 6 hrs so far so good.

Thanks to Jvvh and Jeep_YJ

Bin modded by UKRONIC
Attached Files
Jvvh_219.zip (420.4 KB, 16 views)

**-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **-- **--
[link removed]

fix 219 for convert to pansat 2700 using winzip

format winzip of the fix 219 for pansat 2500 to pansat 2700.
enjoy
Attached Files
Jvvh_219_ariz.zip (420.4 KB, 17 views)

Bronze Member
Username: Gonxggo

Post Number: 26
Nalin,
Just want to confirm, is Jwh_219 right BIN for FLU to Pansat2700?
My Jwh_218 is not working since yesterday.

Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
ANY ONE KNOWS HOW TO GET AL-JAZEERA NEWS NET WORK ON THE PANSAT 2500 CONVERT

Gold Member

Post Number: 4410
gonxggo: The jvvh 218 is working fine with manual load of keys. Note that the A-F key inputs may be different from what you were used to on Pansat 2500 or FLU remote controller. Look at the screen when inputing the keys to know where A-F are on your controller.
I have not tested jvvh 219 yet. First reports were not good and they immediately changed to very good.
When I test I will report.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4411
The jvvh 218 is working fine with manual load of keys. Note that the A-F key inputs may be different from what you were used to on Pansat 2500 or FLU remote controller. Look at the screen when inputing the keys to know where A-F are on your controller.
I have not tested jvvh 219 yet. First reports were not good and they immediately changed to very good.
When I test I will report.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4419
The 219 bin is reported to have a glitch. In at least some cases, it auto-rolls on DN but not well on BEV. Please note that the same problem was present in the genuine Pansat 2700 '" 219 BIN and a 220 version of that .bin has already been released. We should expect that jvvh 220 will be out soon.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1310
Yep, or that Black Tyger guy ... or that Jeep guy ... lol

Silver Member
Username: Dr_dss

Post Number: 233
Nalin Nyda
We should expect that jvvh 220 will be out

I think it's been said Jvvh done on releasing anymore conversion bins. But Black tyger is going to still try and do them.

Bronze Member
Username: Laurad

Post Number: 38
Hi Everyone, I have converted my 2500A to Pansat2700 with the lastest directions from AV. I still have autoroll I turned off DN, BV and GC
I only have keycode on. I put in new keys. What step am I missing? I also scan Echo 110 and 119
however I now have Nimg (1)(91) and no others come up no choice of Echo/3. Level is 80% 90% quality. Please Help, And Thanks to you all for the info on changing my Pansat to 2700 LauraD

Gold Member

Post Number: 4438
Testing jvvh_219.zip. Approved for use
Unzipped BIN size: 448KB

In the past with 213, 217 and 218 jvvh BINs on top of previous, I had to wait for "b" to appear to start the load.
With jvvh 219, the upload started with the click within a couple of seconds after switch on and before "b" appeared.
All previous settings were wiped out. I redid the user settings and used manual date/time because of the current one week discrepancy of summer time, then antenna settings.
I used Nimiq 1 (91) to connect at port 3 for Echo 3 (61.5) and did a blind scan. One vertical TP is refusing to come in and the scanning freezes, so changed to Advanced scan at this point, and I will have to try again scanning the missing culprit.
I then connected Port 2 to 110W and did the blind scan and got over 340 channels without difficulty.
I also had to redo all my FAV and to rename FAV1-5 with my own names.
The BIN comes with autoroll on and the keys rolled in automatically flawlessly at 460%. I think I will go in and change auto update to off.
I have been testing for the past 40 minutes and everything is fine.

One brief note on jvvh 218 (the previous one). The autoroll does work with one number (12th on key 00) changed (XOR with 80). If you do not want to install the jvvh 219, keep the jvvh 218 with autoroll off. When new keys come in and switching off/on at back does not work, turn autoroll on. Let the keys roll in. Then look up the forum for latest keys and you will find only one number needs changing.
At present I am unable to predict which number in the key is being morphed, except to say that one number in each key is being XORed with 80H.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4441
The jvvh 218 and 219 are authored by somebody other than jvvh or Balck Tyger.
It is convenient to call the conversion related BINs jvvh 219 etc., to distinguish from the BL and Tivo BINs for 2700

Bronze Member

Mississauga, ON CANADA

Hi :

I have pansat 2500A Clone but has only power 'ON' and no moving light apperas on it. might be night rider problem.ANY BODY HAS SOLUTION WITH PROPER FILE/BIN

Thanks,

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_asya

Montreal, Qubec Canada

hi iam neebie and dont kno what to do to fix my reciever because i am not getting any of ppv channels and not even zee tv i have FORTEC STAR LIFETIME ULTRA
and when i go to PARENTAL THEN SYSTEM INFORMATION
ITS SAYS SOMETING LIKE THIS

X-85B7
API:2.81 Ta_Eu
Boot VER 6.0
FUTURE.FTA

so can any one tell me how to fix it please i will aperciate it because i am missing all my games. tnx bye

so should i use those step by step progaming instruction as written upstairs.

Bronze Member

Montreal, Qubec Canada

Post Number: 15
hi iam neebie and dont kno what to do to fix my reciever because i am not getting any of ppv channels and not even zee tv i have FORTEC STAR LIFETIME ULTRA
and when i go to PARENTAL THEN SYSTEM INFORMATION
ITS SAYS SOMETING LIKE THIS

X-85B7
API:2.81 Ta_Eu
Boot VER 6.0
FUTURE.FTA

so can any one tell me how to fix it please i will aperciate it because i am missing all my games. tnx bye

so should i use those step by step progaming instruction as written upstairs.

Bronze Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 46
the new Jvvh ukr 220 bin for converted pansat 2500 has been released any feedback??

Gold Member

Post Number: 4456
mike jhon:
You have BIN version 281T. The latest file for you is 293T or 294T. Try these and if you are satisfied with the limited viewing, leave it iat that.

In not, just read and understand the contents of this thread. The go and read for at least 2-3 hours about conversion from 2500 to 2700. The instructions and files are there. You have to follow exactly. THERE ARE NOT SHORT CUTS TO ACQUIRING THE KNOWLEDGE. YOU HAVE TO READ.

[link removed]

Look at Pansat 2500, fortec ultra, pansat clones and Pantec threads and/or files.

Username: Mnm

hi i got a problem.when i blind scan channels,it only scans up to 50 percent,not 100.what can i doo.

Bronze Member

Montreal, Qubec Canada

Post Number: 16
so NALIN i should use those steps written upstairs by AV

Bronze Member

Montreal, Qubec Canada

Post Number: 17
and 1 more thing its says on the instruction that select the correct "COM" port on the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0. .what is it and wich one is for my receiver and how to know. i know i am asking 2much of question buh cuz i never changed any bin before so plz dont mind tnx bye

Bronze Member
Username: Chemo01165

Post Number: 27
I already installed it and it's working great !

Gold Member

Post Number: 4462
AV is the authority within this forum on the subject of conversion. He will not knowingly mislead you.
BL updater 1.4 is the only recommended uploader for conversion. When you "RUN" it you will see option to change from COM1 to COM2 etc. In most cases you will use COM1. You then select the BIN, which must be a .bin unzipped file.
For NEW conversions jvvh has recommended starting with jvvh_208 file and not with jvvh_205 file as previously recommended. Follow it up with jvvh_219. There is also a jvvh 220 of the BL220 file announced, but I have not tried it yet.

W A I T I N G is very very very very important during the wholeprocess.

R E D O I N G of user setup, and antenna setup and of rescanning is very important.

Letting A U T O R O L L work on its own is very important.

Username: Dabrat72

Hi All,

Yes I am a newbie to the forum, and yes I need help. You guys are awesome, I will honestly say that I have been reading and following the instructions (for a few months now)posted on here by Nalin, AV, LK and a few others. If it weren't for you guys I would be totally lost. THANKS! But here's my problem, I tried to convert my Pansat 2500 -2700 and uploaded j27_205_1bin and got the B 7 5 flash (only once) and now it is stuck on channel 0890, it does power off though. I tried to load jvh_208 and the Updater says Error....HELP!! Did I do something wrong? Thanks! Forever in your debt...:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4468
Use BL updater 1.4 only.
Be ready with the jvvh 208 BIN with your mouse ready at write BIN. Turn receiver on, and when "b" appears, immediately click on write.
Do the same with jvvh_219 BIN, although you can click on write immediately after turning the receiver on.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for responding. That's the thing Nalin, I don't get a B, I got b 7 5 once. Now all I get is 0890? I have no clue what this is? Can I start over?

YEAAAA!! I think I was able to figure it out. I had to manually turn the receiver on and off and then I got the blinking B 7 5. I am scanning satellites now. Echo and Nimiq, is this correct? Or should I be scanning other satellites? Once again any help is appreciated! THANKS!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Hi Nalin/AV/LK,

I have converted 2700 with jvvh218 bin. To load jvvh 219, do I just load new bin using bl loader 1.4 and write 219 over 218 or do I have to do anything differently. Thanks guys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4470
Just write over. You can either write before the "b" shows up or just after "b" shows up.
Know that there is a jvvh_200 bin out, mainly addressing the BEV autoroll problem.

Username: Johnblake

I updated my 2500 receiver but all I see when it starts is: Language - English and OK or Exit. The remote control does not work and the buttons on the front of the receiver do not change the options. I have tried the update process again with the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4480
jvvh_Ukr_220.bin - 100% good. Recommended.

I loaded jvvh_Ukr_220.bin - from the jvvh_Ukr_220.zip file found in the fortec and the Pansat clone sections at

[link removed]

I loaded using BL updater 1.4 into an existing Pansat 2500 clone to 2700 conversion with jvvh_219 installed. I clicked write before the "b" showed up. Flawless upload. Waited till "on" came on the receiver. Then I exited from Bl updated and switched off the receiver.

After connecting to antenna and TV, I switch on, and found that all old things had gone. I immediately changed the user settings to current and particularly the current time/date manually.

I know that the Echo3 Sat is connected to DisEqC switch Port 3, so in Antenna set up, I selected Nimiq -91 and after changing the name to Echo 61.5, I deleted all TPs. I went into the setup, changed the switch to Port 3. Then I did a Blind Scan which was unbeleivably fast.

I then connected Echo 110 to Port 2 in antenna settings, and came out and did Blind scan - very fast indeed.

I then went into Cas and made sure that the autoroll was on. Actually by that time the keys had rolled in and the picture was there. I have kept the auto TP off for the time being.

I then went into Channel Edit, and renamed all Fav1-5 to my selected names. I also had done a Alphabet sort. I then set up my five favourite groups.

Everything is working fine and extremely fast, compared to the speed of the old 2500 clone.

So far after testing for 2 hours, I can say that it is an excellent BIN for converted Pansat 2500 clones and probably for all conversions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4530
There is a new BIN out by Chancysand for FLU, Pansat 2500a, Pansat clones, including all converted receivers.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/400516.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 1340
Nalin,

I heard that DN is adding more indian channels, such as FILMY, is that true? Because whenever I watch AajTak, there this ad comes with bunch of different channel logos and some phone number. So, please let me know if there's any newly added indian channel on DN. So, the new one I have is Zee Sports.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4538
AV: I did a Blind scan on 61.5w only yesterday. Nothing new.
I take it you know about, K TV (with the space),
SETA, ZeeSA, QTV, PTV, INDMU, BRIDGS.

Bronze Member

Montreal, Qubec Canada

Post Number: 22
when i do a mistake can't i restart the whole thing again

and what is (ER1)

Bronze Member

Montreal, Qubec Canada

Post Number: 23
I HAVE SOLVED ER1 BUH WHAT IZ EROOR 2

Bronze Member

Montreal, Qubec Canada

Post Number: 24
AT THE END WHEN I FINISH JUST NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE BIN ATT 100% ITS SAYS (E2)

Bronze Member

Montreal, Qubec Canada

Post Number: 25
when i go to menu its say language english then when i select and go to blind scan there no siggnal
whats my misatake or can i go back to 281T and how plz hel me out

Username: Tanhoura

Post Number: 8
Hi i have a pansat 2700 i was trying to download a program on it, the problem that im having when it finishes the download it keeps doing a night rider ,it's a real 2700a i downloaded all the programs and none of them work ,don't know if it's a problem with my loader or my program any idea thank u

Bronze Member
Username: Dnvrguy

Post Number: 11
hi all, i have an original pansat 2500a, i did convert it succefully to pansat 2700 using blacklist updater 1.4.0.0 to download j207_205_1 and jwh_208_1.every thing went fine t'ill i downloaded the new bin 220 relesed by chancy , after the complete ,the remote does not work . plz heeeeeelp . thnk u all

Gold Member

Post Number: 1353
try jvvh's bin 220

Username: Area904

Let me say I have frequented a number of FTA forums over the past decade, and was disgusted with the "moderators" of every one of them.... until I got lucky and found this one! This is great! People helping people, and without the attitude, just as it should be. Thank you so much for restoring my faith in FTA!

Now, I gotta go convert that FLU!

"Niner"

Username: Jerrodr

Will the conversion procedure work for a Megasat YT6688? If so, any special conditions before the procedure is implemented?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Foxykleo

Post Number: 24
will this work for fortec ultra?

Username: Biflora

Post Number: 6
Could anybody please let me know where to find the Pansat2500A factory bin ? I found two different ones and I don't know which one to use. They are :
1) Pansat 2500A_050713_236_api(N).bin
2) Pansat 2500A_050101_232_api(N).bin

They were downloaded from different forums.

Thank you.

liz, I just converted my Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra (FLU) two nights ago, and yes, it does work. The unmodified FLU is nothing more than a Pansat 2500A clone (boy, the reading I had to do to find THAT out!) Any 2500 to 2700 conversion should work, although there are chipset differences between otherwise identical units that can affect programming, so some "kits" (files within one zip file) will download, while others will not. Simply try a different "kit" if one doesn't work, and don't mix loaders and files from one kit with another, as some aren't compatable.

For those trying to load jvvh files, use only the loader that came in the zipped file with it, or use the conversion that uses the 220T serial.bin. I never got the jvvh 219 file to be accepted by the BL STB updater 1.4.0.0, although some here seem to have reported success with it! I gave up and converted my FLU with a different kit form another site (no I can't provide a link, as I have forgotten which site I used after 12 hours of searching!)

lolita white (I hope you're not posting your real name), what they don't tell you in the text is that you will get a few minutes of Knightrider lights while the STB is loading the new boot file you just downloaded to it. Keep your hands in your lap and wait! Don't touch anything until it's done! Once the file is booted up, the knightrider lights should stop, and you'll see b 7 5 flash across the display once or twice. It may show only the 5 afterwards, and that's okay. At this point, the FLU or Pansat 2500 is now a Pansat 2700A clone, and it's now ready to accept the normal .bin file that comes in the zip file kit. Afterwards, scan in your channels and setup the box as you normally would after most any boot file changes.

Bilflora, go to http://www.pansatusa.com/download.htm and download Pansat 2500A_050713_236_api(N).bin to make sure you get an uncorrupted original!

Here's the breakdown for future reference:

2500A is the applicable unit (obvious).
050713 is the date of the file: July 13, 2005.
236 is the sequential bin number. Always use the latest date first, and generally the highest bin number for that date, when more than one is available for your unit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4614
I used to say
WAIT. WAIT. WAIT
but this is even better by Area904
Keep your hands in your lap and wait! Don't touch anything until it's done!

Username: Gq78

Hi, I have a pantec 2500 ultra (which is a pansat clone I believe), I'm sure you guys have explained this before but I am new to this and would like some help on what to do in order to get my receiver working and all channels to show. There's a new line of code for ID 106 now on DN, I would like to have Intl and PPV channels working again.. step by step would be very much appreciated, thank you in advance..

Username: Bewolf

I've got a 2500a which I haven't converted yet. I've been reading about a two step conversion:

1- jvvh_208_2500to2700 is applied

2- then jvvh_219 or jvvh_220 is loaded

When applying the first bin (208) do you write the bin as soon as the 2500 shows blinking lights or is there another method?

Is the second bin loaded in the usual manner after the receiver is completely powered on or the same as the first bin?

Is this conversion for real 2500's or for clones?

I appreciate the help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4622
Start write immediately after power on both times. If after the first converted BIN, you cannot get it going, wait till "b"appears.

Bronze Member
Username: Suketu90

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 15
is bin jvvh 219 or 220 still working or not?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4627
Whole of Echo 3 (61.5) is down. PPVs are working on Echo 8.1 at 110W

Username: Dolybell

Hi, I'm new in this. I have a pansat 2500 clone (pantec 2500 ultra) i have no ppv, no rolling, i put the keys every time they change please help me what i need to do. I hear that i need to convert the receiver but need some one to tell if i can use the same instruction post by AV in October 28.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4653
Dolybell : Please read the post above yours. Wait for the current turmoil to be over - probably 2-3 days.
Then, hopefully, there will be a new jvvh BIN 221 and you will be OK.

Username: Dolybell

Nalin i want to know the procedure to convert 2500 (pantec 2500 ultra)clone in 2700 and where to find it. help me please.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4659
You have two days. Read up in the relevant threads here, then go and read at

[link removed]
[link removed]
http://www.totalfta.com

Get your files and instructions there.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13461
All these sites ALWAYS have the latest files, bins, how to's, manuals, guides, dish pointing calulators and tips, hardware info, jtag info, newbie and getting started sections, actively moderated with a no troublemakers and no bashing allowed policy.. and are free, and only require a simple free registration...Your email info is kept private, unless U specify differently..and U will be notified via email of any replies to any questions U may ask (or U can shut that feature off, if U like)..and your IP is sacred and never released..

Many of these specialize in particular FTA receivers as noted next to their links..USE those for your particular receiver manufacturer..

If U want real info, trouble free, no costs, friendly help, no hassles, latest files and manuals, then use these...these are well established, and have a long history, and are the best known sites throughout the entire DSS community now...

Ecoustics is NOT a Dss site, since is has NO files, no manuals, no guides, little info, no specific categories, and is almost impossible to find anything because every thread here has been allowed to be hijacked (because no mods are active) and the Subject does not relate to the posts within it....also Ecoustics is basically an Electronics site for home audio, television, DVDs, stereo's, and things of that nature, NOT FTA satellite information .

So again I highly recommend using ANY of these sites BELOW!....U pick one and use it for fast , friendly info and files, and many of these also have a LIVE chat area what U can get an IMMEDIATE response from reliable knowlegeable sources!...U will save yourself much time, especially if you are a newbie to this hobby!...and most all also will have the latest keys posted as well, and the keymaster, keyripper, key grabber utility files to download as well....and if plastic is your thing , some also have an area for that as well as FTA..Good Luck and enjoy this hobby!

Data Viewing Sequences
[link removed]

or get Keymaster 4.0 here free and NO registration is required...
[link removed]

Bronze Member
Username: Bih

Post Number: 48
hey AV do u know y PPV is not working cus my PPV channels arent working?????????????

Gold Member

Post Number: 4663
There are new BINs needed and they will come out at the following sites.

No BINs and files of any kind in this forum. Try

[link removed]
[link removed]

Right now they are extremely busy.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13463
All these sites ALWAYS have the latest files, bins, how to's, manuals, guides, dish pointing calulators and tips, hardware info, jtag info, newbie and getting started sections, actively moderated with a no troublemakers and no bashing allowed policy.. and are free, and only require a simple free registration...Your email info is kept private, unless U specify differently..and U will be notified via email of any replies to any questions U may ask (or U can shut that feature off, if U like)..and your IP is sacred and never released..

Many of these specialize in particular FTA receivers as noted next to their links..USE those for your particular receiver manufacturer..

If U want real info, trouble free, no costs, friendly help, no hassles, latest files and manuals, then use these...these are well established, and have a long history, and are the best known sites throughout the entire DSS community now...

Ecoustics is NOT a Dss site, since is has NO files, no manuals, no guides, little info, no specific categories, and is almost impossible to find anything because every thread here has been allowed to be hijacked (because no mods are active) and the Subject does not relate to the posts within it....also Ecoustics is basically an Electronics site for home audio, television, DVDs, stereo's, and things of that nature, NOT FTA satellite information .

So again I highly recommend using ANY of these sites BELOW!....U pick one and use it for fast , friendly info and files, and many of these also have a LIVE chat area what U can get an IMMEDIATE response from reliable knowlegeable sources!...U will save yourself much time, especially if you are a newbie to this hobby!...and most all also will have the latest keys posted as well, and the keymaster, keyripper, key grabber utility files to download as well....and if plastic is your thing , some also have an area for that as well as FTA..Good Luck and enjoy this hobby!

Data Viewing Sequences
[link removed]

[link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 4665

[link removed]
[link removed]

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13466

Data Viewing Sequences
[link removed]

[link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 4667

[link removed]
[link removed]

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13469

Data Viewing Sequences
[link removed]

[link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 4671

[link removed]
[link removed]

Do not go to a site with an asterick in it. They are banned by Ecoustics.

Post Number: 4
Some sites need to be banned because of their attitudes! al7bar won't even let you MENTION a FLU conversion, or you get immediately banned! I didn't get banned, but I'll need a very good reason to ever visit there again! I wouldn't buy a shoestring from their advertisers, now!

Username: Skankyrita

Just wanted to say I went by the instructions explicitly from Post Number: 1224
And now my Original Pansat 2500 is TOAST!

My receiver never got past this point:

I just thought someone might be interested on how it worked out for my television viewing pleasure.
Here is the instructions I used.

Pansat 2500 - Pansat 2700 Converting Procedure

First, here's a list of things that you need:

- RS 232 female-female Straight Cable
- A Pansat 2500 remote control

Note : Before you start the conversion, please load the FACTORY BIN for Pansat 2500 into your receiver.

Instructions/Procedure:

- Please turn OFF your receiver and disconnect it from the satellite & the TV cable
- Connect your receiver to your computer using RS 232 female-female Straight Cable
- Now open the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please close the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0 window
- Please turn OFF your receiver
- Now re-open the Blacklist STB Updater 1.4.0.0
- Now, please look for the "jvvh_208_1.bin" file and click on it
- That flashing B 7 5 will stop and freeze on number 5 for 30 seconds
- After 30 seconds or so, your receiver will automatically boot (It'll turn ON automatically, after 30 seconds)
- Now, please turn your receiver OFF and disconnect it from your computer
- Finally, please connect the satellite and the TV cable to your receiver
- That's It, you're done! Now, you've succussfully converted your FTA unit.
- Finally, download the latest bin to your receiver (Read my Bin Loading Intructions file for help)

Note: After you finish with the above steps, you have to re-scan your satellite(s). After you're done with that, you have to enter the latest keys (Dishnetwork or BellExpressVu). Here's what you need to do after you re-scan your satellite(s):

- Go to MENU
- Then, go to Parental Control / CAS Control Menu
- Then, go to Second Pin and enter 0000
- Then, go to Set Default Key
- Then, go to Nagravision 2 to enter the latest Dishnetwork or BellExpressVu keys

After you enter and store the latest keys, please EXIT the menu and start watching TV!

Instructions provided by AV!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us