Combining dishpro plus and KU band lnbs

Username: Mungbean

Post Number: 1
Was wondering if any of you guys have this problem. I am trying to add echostar 9 (121) to my current satellite setup. Currently i have a dishpro plus which received 110/119 and has a built in diseqc and an extra "lnb in" port. I have acquired echostar 9 on a separate 30" dish using a KU band lnb and is trying to combine the three together. I have attempted to connect the echostar 9 (ku band) signal into the "lnb in" port of the dishpro plus lnb but is unsuccessful. I am using an FTA receiver. Everytime i attempt to auto-config the satellites, the fta receiver will configure 121 as an OCS-DP type. As a result i am not able to acquired all the transponders since the lnb i am using for 121 is KU-band and should be set to Universal. Any suggestions?

Post Number: 2
Can anyone help. will a DP34 switch work? If what would the settings be?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13270
Your linear LNB for 121, must be a Dish Pro..otherwise U can't use it with that DPP Twin LNB input slot..

BTW...I answered U here in this thread last Saturday, but I see someone has deleted many of my posts...odd now that some old troublemaking nicks have returned...co-incidence?...I don't think so!....posts removed & old lying trouble makers returning & new nicks starting trouble = one helluva lousy site

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13271
also...a DP switch is ONLY used with DP (Dish Pro) LNB's..

Post Number: 3
Thank LK. So what is the solution? Can I acquire all transponders of 121 using a dishpro lnb. I notice that you can still connect the linear LNB to the input slot and configure it to OCS-DP, however you will only be able to acquire about half of the transponder from 121. So is there a switch that can combine linear lnb and DPP lnb.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13279
Linear/KU LNB is either a legacy or a Dish Pro (DP)...(says it right on the LNB)..U can combine the linear LNB, IF it's a DP linear LNB...I think u may be getting confused here..

linear vs circular
dish pro vs legacy

Bronze Member
Username: Sam5002

Ny, Ny Usa

Post Number: 47
Can anyone tell me what kind of LNB use to get 119W I think the frequency up to 12750 ghz.

Silver Member
Username: Dr_dss

Post Number: 174
sam!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/398199.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13282
sam...use a circular LNB...can be either a legacy or a dish pro....depending on what other LNB's and switch U may already have

Silver Member
Username: Dr_dss

Post Number: 179
Sam you better off going to the thread I posted if you are going to go through the hassle of pointing the dish etc might as well reap the full benefits. With the information reno has posted you can grab all of the below.

http://www.lyngsat.cm/packages/dish119.html

Bronze Member
Username: Sam5002

Ny, Ny Usa

Post Number: 49
Thank you all for the info. greatly appreciated!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us