Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through July 18, 2007zulu100
Archive through May 27, 2007zulu100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1185
I love autumn. It gives me a chance to sit at home and watch the world series... kinda like how the Red Sox had to watch the Yankees 39 times!

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 396
Yankee fans and Sperm
Q: What do Yankees fans and sperm have in common?
A: One in 3,000,000 has a chance of becoming a human being.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1186
There were three Red Sox fans at a baseball game and it just so happened that they were sitting behind three nuns. They couldn't see really well over their habits, so one of the guys says, "Man, I wish I lived in Ohio, there are only 25 Catholics there." One of the other guys says, "Well, I wish I lived in Idaho because there are only 20 Catholics there." Then the last guy says, "Well, I wish I lived in Oregon there are only 15 Catholics there." Then one of the nuns turns around and says, "Why don't you go to hell - there's no Catholics there!"

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 397
Yankee Stamps
Did you hear that the Post Office just recalled their latest stamps? They had pictures of Yankees players on them ...people couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

Bronze Member
Username: Sobe1

South beach, Fl

Post Number: 40
i would think spit on both sides. i mean a team that worth more than thre teams together and they still cant win.hahahaha

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 398
Yeh!! A Gazillion freakin dollars on any player they want to get and they still SU*K!! "The curse is reversed"Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1187
The Sux are 3 and 7 in the last 10 games, and losing today! Let the unraveling begin!!!

Upload
lol

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 400
You must be watching a replay...They are whipping the White Sox azz right nowUpload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1188
Only a Red Sox fan would put spit on a self sticking stamp!!

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 401
Yankees getting their butts whipped 10-1 by the lowly Tampa Bay and Sox blow out the CWS!!!!!!!! Upload

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 406
Yankees in the Sand
Q: What do you have when 100 Yankees fans are buried up to their neck in sand?
A: Not enough sand.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 409
Money saving tip for Yankees fans
rather than waste more money on yet another replica hat, simply strap a large rubber ***** to your head. It'll be perfectly obvious to everyone who you support.

Upload

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 415
Driving with a Yankee fan
Q: Why is it good to be driving with a Yankee fan?
A: You can park in the handicap zone!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1191
Hey zulu, sorry for not not responding sooner...here's one for you:

Red Sox fans are so stupid, a bunch of them got stuck all day on an escalator during a power outage!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1192
A man walks into a bar where the patrons are laughing together.

"What's so funny?" he asks.

The bartender answers, "Oh, we're just taking the names of our hometown baseball teams and tweaking them so they come out funny."

"Here's mine," says a woman at the bar, "The New York Yank-Me's!"

"Mine's the Houston Disastros!" says another bar patron.

"The Seattle Moroners!"

"The Chicago Flubs!"

The bartender looks at the new guy and says, "So how can you change your home squad's name so that it sounds like a bunch of idiots?"

The man looks up at the bartender sadly and sighs, "Oh, that's easy; you can just call them the Boston Red Sox."

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 420
Eyes lit up
Q: How do you get a Yankee fans eyes to light up?
A: Shine a flashlight in his ear!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1193
Q. What do most Red Sox fans take up in college?

A. Space

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1194
Upload

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 422
Don't look now Yankee Fans BUT!!!::

2007 American League Standings
EAST W L PCT GB HOME ROAD RS RA STRK L10
Boston 64 40 .615 - 34-19 30-21 540 410 Won 3 8-2
NY Yankees 55 49 .529 9 32-20 23-29 586 473 Lost 3 6-4
Toronto 51 52 .495 12.5 31-20 20-32 481 454 Lost 2 6-4
Baltimore 49 54 .476 14.5 27-23 22-31 468 454 Won 6 8-2
Tampa Bay 38 65 .369 25.5 22-30 16-35 483 656 Lost 8 1-9

Boston is 9 games ahead and we play baseball today

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10592
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 64 40 .615 -
NY Yankees 55 49 .529 9.0
Toronto 51 52 .495 12.5
Baltimore 49 54 .476 14.5
Tampa Bay 38 65 .369 25.5

BTW...Cal Ripken Jr and Tony Gwynn get inducted into the Hall of Fame today ...

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1196
Welcome back LK. 2 great classy guys deserving to be in the HOF! Oh, Zulu, don't look now but the Sux lost to the lowly Rays! lol

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 426
Took 2 of 3 games in Tampa...

Big Foot and a Yankee fan
Q: What's the difference between Bigfoot and a smart Yankee fan?
A: Big Foot has been cited before!

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1197
Red Sox fans are so stupid, their IQ score starts with a decimal point!

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 427
Jack and Jill
Jack and Jill went up the hill For a bit of hanky panky Jill
came back With a very sore crack Jack must have been a Yankee

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1202
Maybe you're right Zulu, Jack could've been a Yankee. Now if Jack had been a Red Sux player or fan, the poem would've read 'Jack and Bill went up the hill'.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10615
LMAO....GREAT JOKES FROM BOTH SIDES...BUT

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 64 41 .610 -
NY Yankees 56 49 .533 8.0 ...THATS RIGHT 8 GAMES BACK

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 429
BOSTON -- The Red Sox added a major piece to their bullpen on Tuesday with the acquisition of Eric Gagne from the Texas Rangers in exchange for left-handed pitcher Kason Gabbard and Minor League outfielders David Murphy and Engel Beltre.

Yankees needed better pitching but failed to make a trade.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 439
Yanks loose...Sox Win today
Roger lasted 1 2/3 innings and gave up only 8 runs.

A recent quote from the fat guy:
"I wish he were still playing. I'd probably crack his head open to show him how valuable I was." -Roger Clemens, after Hank Aaron commented that pitchers should not be allowed to win the MVP Award

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1216
Maybe he won't be a Yankee for long, but gots to give him his props!

Upload

GO YANKEES!

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 462
You have to give A-Rod credit!!!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1219
Oh, and Barry Bonds tied Hammering Hanks *record the same day also.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1227
Uh Oh, don't look now but the Yanks are just 5 back of the Sux! Gotta revive this thread. That knowitall Jerk Reece ruined the Yankee thread in the other forum. Oh and Congrats to Barry Bonds! New Homerun record!

Silver Member
Username: Geeker

The Great Wh...

Post Number: 216
I expected the benches to clear again when Clemens hit Rios! Rios could've gotten seriously injured because the pitch hit him squarely on his back. What the heck did Rios do? Clemens should've hit Matt Stairs or Lyle Overbay. On the other hand A-Rod deserved every bit of that 90 mile/hour fastball after acting like a immature pr!ck in yankees stadium on May 30. I've lost all respect for A-Rod since. I was so relieved after Jesse Litch threw that pitch behind him because the Blue Jays should've done that on July 16. Josh Towers put the icing on the cake today!

Cheers to barry "juiced" bonds for FINALLY getting the homerun. The funny thing is that the person who got the ball was a mets fan.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10773
Copngrats to Bonds...

Even though I'm NOT a Yankee fan, I believe Arod is the best player today in baseball, and having watched him over the years and personally had beers with him a few times (spring training camps), my observations were/are that he was/is a solid down to earth guy..

As far as the Clemens throwing at Rios thing, as much as I hate Clemens, he did what any "warrior" pitcher would...an eye for an eye..

Being a Sox fan., I have faith and believe in them...and have no need to look over my shoulder to see whats BEHIND me...its whats ahead, that counts!....LETS GO RED SOX!!!

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 483
Yanks have been paying a bunch of cellar dwelllers. Sox schedule will ease up soon and the Yankees will be playing some real teams. Sox don't feel any heat from Yanks. In 04' it couldn't get any closer and we pulled it out. But even more important the Sox have pitching.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1229
I expect the Sux to pull it out like last year. At least we agree LK, any real team player would have done what Roger did. And yes, say what you will about A Rod, he is the best player around and I believe he will break Bonds homerun record, if he stays healthy. Barry should be given his due, but what the hell do I know...I still believe Pete Rose should be in the HOF! lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10786
I believe Rose should too, be in the Hall of Fame...this is getting scary...a Yankee fan and a Sox fan, agreeing on too many things...lmao

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1231
NO WAY!!! lol

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1232
Red Sox Fans are scum!!! lol

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 484
Baseball Fans
Three baseball fans leave the stadium after a game and come across a dead, naked man with breasts lying in the middle of the street. After they call the cops, they each take off their baseball caps and place them on the dead man out of respect and to cover his private parts until the cops arrive.

The first fan places his Boston Red Sox cap over his left breast, the second places his Phillies cap on his right breast and the third fan places his Yankees cap on his pubic area.

The cops finally arrive, and the officers take statements from the fans to find out what happened. After explaining that they found his naked and covered him up with their caps, the cop went over to examine the body. He briefly lifted the Red Sox cap, and quickly replaced it; then he lifted the Phillies cap, and also quickly replaced it.

However, when he lifted the Yankees cap, he stared and stared for what seemed to be two or three minutes. Finally, he let the cap drop, walked away, wrote in his notebook, then returned and lifted the Yankees cap once again and stared for a long time.

As he was walking away the second time, the fans were curious and stopped him and asked him why he spent so much time looking at the man's genitalia, and he said, "It's the first time I've seen anything but an azzhole under a Yankees cap."

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1233
Here's what we find under a red sox cap....

Upload

Silver Member

The Great Wh...

Post Number: 217
I can't disagree with you guys about A-Rod being the best player in the league. But as for the part about him breaking the homerun record I have to think not. Ryan Howard. This guy is a stud. N.L MVP in his 2nd year, fastest player in MLB history to 100 Homeruns and 58 bombs in one season! His career slugging percentage is .618! This guy is definitly going to break the record one day. I don't think A-Rod is consistent enough or mentally strong enough to compete with him.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1234
Howard is a great player, just have to wait and see how he pans out over the next few years. I really would have loved to see Ken Jr. healthy all through his career. We would be all talking about him right now.

Silver Member

The Great Wh...

Post Number: 218
True. Ken Griffey was on a tear before he started getting hurt.

Just a follow up on the Bluejays / Yankees situation. A-Rod didn't play but even if he did it wouldn't make a difference. The "Doc" was cooking and the Bluejays bats were hot. Nine doubles tying a franchise record and not hitting a single homerun. 15-4 was the final score for Toronto but the yankees did take the series.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 485
No Gyro Ball for Wang....15-4
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10803
Red Sox 9...LA Angels 6
Toronto 15...NY Yankees 4

Bonds hits #757....

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 69 45 .605 -
NY Yankees 63 51 .553 6.0 ...thats right 6 Games BACK!
Toronto 57 56 .504 11.5
Baltimore 52 60 .464 16.0
Tampa Bay 43 70 .381 25.5

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1235
That's right,only six back!!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1237
GO YANKEES!

Upload

Silver Member

The Great Wh...

Post Number: 219
Team W L PCT GB
Seattle 62 49 .559 --
Detroit 63 51 .553 0.5
New York 63 51 .553 0.5
Minnesota 58 55 .513 5
TORONTO 57 56 .504 6 (THATS RIGHT ONLY 6 GAMES!)

AND Toronto has an easy schedule: KC Royals (49-63), LA dodgers (58-55), Baltimore (52-60) & Oakland (55-60)

New York has a way harder schedule: Cleveland (64-50), Detroit (63-51), Boston (69-45)& LA (58-55)

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1240
oooohhhh...I dunno, dem dodgers could give the Jays a run for their money!

But seriously, the BlueJays are playing pretty good ball!

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5729
how did i miss this thread? lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10828
welcome to these satellite forums Yanks fan....

People..."Yanks fan" is a good guy and is a member of another forums here at Ecoustics, so treat him good here...even though he likes the WRONG team...lol

LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!

we have a mix of Yanks, Sox and Toronto fans primarily...and we have fun in this thread...no serious name calling/bashing in this thread...but we are serious about the game of baseball and our teams..

BTW...we also have a Football thread too going here..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5730
thanks for the introduction LK. the other thread was getting a little outta hand, no names mentioned but we all know. im here to have a good time and talk about my yanks

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 489
Welcome "Yank Fan" Hope you like golf in October.Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1247
Welcome Yanks Fan. Always good to have friendlies here. Although just 1 Yank fan is already too much for a bunch of Sux fans to handle! lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5731
lol zulu, i did just start to play golf about 3 weeks ago. besides, if we dont make the playoffs, its cause we just wanted to give some other teams the opportunity to play in the playoffs, i mean, we do go every year lol

we'll see what happens tho, we still have 6 games left with boston

Silver Member

The Great Wh...

Post Number: 220
*** C/P from Toronto Star ***
Roger Clemens was suspended for five games yesterday and Yankees manager Joe Torre for one, the fallout from the Rocket hitting Alex Rios in a game Tuesday against the Blue Jays. During a testy three-game series, the Jays' Josh Towers hit Alex Rodriguez with a pitch in the third inning Tuesday. Clemens then hit Rios in the middle of his back in the seventh inning after both benches had been warned. Clemens and Torre were ejected. Torre is set to serve his suspension tonight in Cleveland. Clemens is likely to appeal the ban, meaning he could make his next scheduled start. Clemens and Torre were also fined an undisclosed amount along with Rodriguez, Yankees coaches Larry Bowa and Tony Pena, the Jays' Matt Stairs and Towers, and coach Brian Butterfield.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10830
I played and coached baseball for over 40 years...I thought it was EASY until, I took up GOLF...and I still play both...Golf is a more singular independent "mind/concentration" game compared to baseball...

I use to think that GOLF was a "fairy" game, but I since have realized it is NOT only a little bit physical but VERY mental...U want to kick the sh*it out of the ball, but, thats NOT how the game is played!...in fact, just the opposite of baseball, even hittin the ball...thats why baseball people have a hard time adapting to golf...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5734
golf is very difficult so far. im pretty happy with my improvements over the 3 weeks tho. its a very independent and mental game as you said, found that out quickly.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10836
If U do a "Left field" batting stance U will hit the ball (SLICE) and it will go to "right field"...so do the OPPOSITE to correct when a golf newbie...but the correct way is too do a baseball "centerfield up the middle" stance, but most baseball players CANNOT do that without SLICING the ball to "right field" , so they try and compensate by a "left field" stance which is completely wrong and OPPOSITE of real golf...for baseball players, a right field stance will correct that SLICE and bring the ball to the center or left side of the fairway......

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1253
Wow LK, looks like you have a lot of Golfing in October experience!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10838
Actually Golf in October in New England is great.... BEFORE the Red SOX play their nites playoff games...LMAO....Life doesn't get any better than that!...unless the Patriots are also playing a Day game on a Sunday!

BTW...done playing golf by noon...start at 7:30 am..

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1258
Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5735
i got a 730 tee time tomorrow morning....
btw say hello to the co-wildcard leaders, the Yankees

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10849
I play Sunday morning...and my game always stays the same 88-95...I'm a hacker!...lol

See ya in October!...IF YOU'RE LUCKY...LOL

HAWAIIAN , why would someone there like NY and NOT a CA team?

Silver Member

The Great Wh...

Post Number: 222
Oh my lord! Shaun Marcum ALMOST got a No-No! He went until 6 2/3 and had 81 pitches! If it wasn't for his injured leg I think he would've gotten it done. KC has no one and Marcum had perfect control over all his pitches. Thats two BlueJays players who were robbed of No-No's this year!

BTW, BlueJays won the game and their 5.5 games out of the wildcard.

WATCH YOUR BACK YANKS!

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 494
Jays have a good chance of wild card. Yankees have proven to be the best "choking" team in baseball.Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1259
Well LK back in the day, when cable wasn't available on my island, the big networks would only show the best mlb teams. So naturally I grew up watching the Yanks play all the time! Hawaii used to have a San Diego farm team, the Islanders, but I could never see any of the games on TV, both the Islanders or the Padres.

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1260
11 - 2. Yanks rout the Indians. It's a good thing the Yanks aren't playing a division leader. Hey wait a minute! Cleveland is a division leader!! lol

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1261
Ah yes, typical Sox fan doing what they do best...

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10870
hey hawaiaan...your wife takes good pics of you, where did u steal that Sox hat from?....lmao

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1262
Wouldn't be caught dead with one on!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10874
U just were!....LMAO...that self portrait above tells it all!.....U are a "closet" Sox fan!.....and don't tell me thats your neighbor either!...lol....later, got to go play golf now...0915 T time for me today

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1263
Well you know this guy's a true Sox fan cause he looks gaay!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5748
4 games out now....watch your back red sox....we're stronger now with giambi back....clean sweep of the indians

next victim = orioles

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10885
Look BACK...I don't thinks so!...who cares whats BEHIND U!...its whats ahead that counts!

Yankees fell so bad BEHIND, they're just want to catch up...not gonna happen!...REMEMBER, they started the season EVEN and the Yankees are STILL BEHIND!...April....May...June ...July...August

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1264
Well I'm happy at how the Yankees are playing right now. The Red Sox winning the division is not a shoe in as all the Sux fans thought earlier. Time will tell.

Upload

WHHAAAATTT....only 4 games!!!! DAMN!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10891
Funny...never seen fans to be happy that they are BEHIND another team...something wrong with that logic!...LMAO

But thats typical Yankee mentality...Sox fans aren't happy unless we're in first!...close only counts in horse shoes...

Bronze Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 82
Man, those red sox just didn't lose today, they blew it. LK, you and nalin smoke the peace pipe?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10901
I hate that bi*tch!....she's ignorant...a wanabee...and seriously has RUINED many FTA receivers with her always WRONG posts!

Bronze Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 83
I have noticed that since you have come back from vacation, the two of you have been able to kind of co-exist. I thought you two might have worked out your differences. Didn't mean to raise your blood pressure this late at night.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10903
How can anybody work something out with a tard like her?...its impossible..

anyways this is about baseball, not hoo*kers like her...lets move on...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5751
gagne has pitched in 5 games and has a 15.75 era in but 4 innings.....rough way to begin a life as a red sox lol

and LK, the only reason im so happy about being only 4 back is the simple fact that on july 5, we were 11.5 games back....the biggest lead you guys had on us was 14.5 games i believe....you'd would be happy too if you team just cut an 11.5 game deficit down to 4 games in just a month

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1267
lol. Yes LK, we yank fans are very optimistic. I dunno, it's just not fair for everybody else. We expect to get in the playoffs every year, so the way it looks now, makes me very happy. Well, wild card would be enough for anyone else, but better to be division champs.

Drinks are on me when the Yanks overtake the Sux for first!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1268
Gagne not doing so well huh! Wow his era numbers could have beaten the Pats!! lol

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10909
Sox have plenty of great pitching and don't rely on 1 pitcher!...nor do they take a 45 yr old man (Clemens W4-L5) out of retirement and give him $28 million to play less than half a season, as a STARTER...so I wouldn't say too much about 1 pitcher, if I were a yanks fan...

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1270
That's right LK. The Red Sux can't blame just 1 pitcher when the Yanks overtake them for first!

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 503
Yankee hats
Q:why would an A's/Red Sox/Mets fan keep a yankee hat on the dashboard of his car?
A: so he can park in handicaped zones

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1272
Q: Why would an A's/Red Sox/Mets fan keep a yankee hat on the dashboard of his car?
A: So people would think that he's a fan of a team that won 26 World Series and not the fan of a bunch of losers!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5758
LOL hawaiian

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1274
Here's a pic of 2 red sox fans enjoying themselves in Spain. Always good to keep in shape!

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10931
and here's Jeter and Posada...

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1275
I bet Jeter still gets the chicks!! lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10935
I think he's a MO...likes the guys!....SERIOUSLY!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1276
Wait a minute. Just look at those 2. Unshaven, smelly, lice ridden, not sure of their manhood....must be Red Sox players!! lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10974
HOLY COW...Sorry to report that #10 Phil Rizzuto (retired Yankee SS and announcer) aka "Scooter" died of pneumonia, today at age 89 while in a nursing home...

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 506
Yanks get pounded...loose by 12. Sox win

Team Pride
Four baseball fans, each from a major league city, are climbing a mountain.
On the way to the top, each is arguing about how loyal they are to their team and what they would do for their team.

As the climb progresses, the odds increase. Upon reaching the top, the Mets fan shouts, "This is for the Mets," and hurls himself off the top.

Next the Brave fan yells, "I love Atlanta, this is for the Braves," and hurls himself off the mountain.

Suddenly the Red Sox fan yells "This is for everyone," and pushes the Yankees fan off .

Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5767
RIP phil rizzuto

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1289
One of the great Yankee shortstops.

RIP Scooter

Upload

Username: R_d_g

Post Number: 2
Why is everyone arguing about the Red Sox and Yankees? Everybody knows that the St. Louis Cardinals are the best team in baseball.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10984
OK Tim....lol

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 72 47 .605 -
NY Yankees 67 52 .563 5.0
Toronto 60 58 .508 11.5
Baltimore 55 63 .466 16.5
Tampa Bay 45 74 .378 27.0

Boston 72 47
NY Yankees 67 52
St. Louis 56 60

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 507
If Phil Rizzuto would have been broadcasting last night's game at Yankee Stadium, his scorecard would have been covered with notations of W.W., his shorthand for wasn't watching.

The Yankees paused Tuesday night after a video tribute to Phil Rizzuto. The Yankees lost for only the second time in 11 games.

Keep up with the latest news on the Yankees and the Mets on The Times's baseball blog.

On a night the Yankees paid tribute to Rizzuto, the Hall of Fame shortstop who died on Monday night at 89, they played a game to challenge the attention span. In another era, it would have made for hours of nonbaseball chatter by Rizzuto.

The Baltimore Orioles punished the Yankees, 12-0, taking advantage of four walks in three innings by the fill-in starter Jeff Karstens. It was only the second loss in 11 games for the Yankees, who face the Orioles' ace, Erik Bedard, today. They fell five games behind first-place Boston in the American League East.

"It's easy to turn the page when you have something ugly to look at," Yankees Manager Joe Torre said

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 510
Rivera meltdown!!! Washed up

Upload

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 515
Yankees on a roll...3 straight losses.
Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1308
Yankees on a roll...3 straight wins.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11197
Yankees still 4 games back!....trying to stay in the wild card race..

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1310
You'd better hope the Sux don't falter!

Upload

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 535
Yanks and Rivera choke AGAIN!! Sox shutout Rays

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11215
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 75 50 .600 -
NY Yankees 70 55 .560 5.0 ...thats right!...5 GAMES BACK NOW!
Toronto 63 61 .508 11.5
Baltimore 57 65 .467 16.5
Tampa Bay 47 77 .379 27.5

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1315
Rivera? He didn't look his best but he didn't give up any runs. Henn gave up the game winner. Yanks fought hard, they looked good, made some great plays on D and offense. Too many walks early on, but the Yanks still had their chances to win.

Boston beat that powerhouse Rays, WOW! That's right! Only 5 games back! Yanks still have the best record of all MLB teams since May.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11232
aaah...April and May are part of the MLB season...they count too!....lol

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 537
Yup!! Wouldn't it be grand to just be able to pick your best 5 weeks of ball and rat hole the rest of all your garbage play. Then you wouldn't be struggling just to make a wild card spot. Only deserving teams play ball in October!! That seems fair.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1316
Just too show who's playing the best ball right now, since late in May. If we're going to talk about deeper in the past, we might as well talk about the Yanks 26 World Championships, but I know you guys don't wanna talk about that! lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11240
aaah...u are the one who brought up the past "since May" post...we don't care about the past...ONLY the present!

yeah...Mickle Mantle was great in the past...but he's deader than a door nail now!

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10342
from 14 games to 4 games since june 1st!!!! thats all I have to say! Upload

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9443

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1318
Great pic! Don't mind the Sux fans. They just have a sore neck from looking over their shoulders lately!

Another thing, the Yanks won the last 2 series against Boston this season.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10348
they sure did man, they sure did:-) Lets wait to see who is still playing in october:-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11265
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 76 50 .603 -
NY Yankees 70 56 .556 6.0...thats right, 6 games behind!
Toronto 63 62 .504 12.5
Baltimore 58 65 .472 16.5
Tampa Bay 47 78 .376 28.5

Red Sox beat Tampa 8-6

Papelbon savors milestone feat..
Red Sox closer etches name into club's history book...
By closing out the Red Sox's 8-6 win over the Rays to notch his 30th save of the year, Papelbon is the first pitcher in franchise history to record at least 30 saves in two different seasons. Just 10 Boston pitchers can claim one 30-save season.

Garret Anderson drives in 10 against the Yanks, while the Mets win on a walk-off hit....hehehe

Yanks lose to Angels 18-9
Their sixth win in eight meetings this season with the Bronx Bombers assures the Angels of a fourth consecutive series win against the club they erased from postseason business in 2002 and 2005.

The Angels are 38-32 against the Yanks in the Scioscia era, starting in 2000. That doesn't include their 6-3 edge in postseason play over manager Joe Torre and his celebrated troupe of millionaires.

Seattle beats Minnesota 7-2

NOT a Good day for Yankee fans!....lmao

WILDCARD STANDINGS....Yankees 2 1/2 games behind Seattle...lmao

Team W L PCT GB E# L10 STRK LAST GAME NEXT GAME
Seattle 71 52 .577 - - 8-2 W5 8/21 @ MIN, W 7-2 8/22 @ MIN, 1:10P
New York 70 56 .556 2.5 36 5-5 L2 8/21 @ LAA, L 9-18 8/22 @ LAA, 10:05P
Detroit 68 57 .544 4.0 35 5-5 W1 8/21 v CLE, W 2-1 8/22 v CLE, 7:05P
Toronto 63 62 .504 9.0 30 5-5 L2 8/21 v OAK, L 4-6 8/22 v OAK, 12:37P

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1319
The fat lady hasn't sung yet! lol

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10379
not even close, not even close! we will see where you are at the end of the next 45 games.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1323
Dice K, What are your chances of beating the D-Rays??

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11298
MUCH BETTER THAN THE YANKS WINNING THE DIVISON!...HE PITCHED WILL AND HAS HAD A GREAT SEASON SO FAR!

BTW...If U are referring to a 2-1 loss, yesterday...well show me ANY team that wins games with ONLY 1 run!...Dice K pitched well..1 swing of the bat, and a lack of offensive, cost the Red Sox the game...thats NOT his fault!

Yankees are STILL 5 GAMES BACK...and time is starting to run out on them!

LETS GO RED SOX......LETS GO RED SOX!!!!

We got a "Fenway frank" waiting for the Yanks!....LMAO

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1329
Only 5 back!

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11337
Wed ...Rangers beat Baltimore 30-3

In our lifetime, we will never see another team score 30 runs...so I thought it was worth posting!...its HISTORY in the past 110 years!...regardless of the teams...

BTW...doubleheader day ...Red Sox won 11-3 this afternoon...and winning now 9-1 (in the 6th) against the White sox...Beckett got his 16th win...

Yankees have a rain delay (had a 7pm game, 3 hours ago) and haven't even started, and probably won't play...and looks like the Sox will be UP 6 games after tonite....So YANKS WILL FALL 6 GAMES BACK!.....LMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11381
Sox take 3rd consecutive game against White Sox today 14-2...Wakefield gets 16th win...pitches 7 innings shutout ball....

The Red Sox overpowered the White Sox for a third straight game and veteran Tim Wakefield led the way. The Boston knuckleballer went seven scoreless innings to tie Josh Beckett for the league lead in wins with 16. Mike Lowell had four hits and is 9-for-14 in the series.

Tim Wakefield moved into a tie with Josh Beckett for the MLB lead in wins with 16, and Boston continued its Chicago onslaught in a 14-2 rout. Boston has scored 35 runs in 3 games.

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 79 51 .608 -
NY Yankees 71 57 .555 7.0
Toronto 64 64 .500 14.0
Baltimore 58 69 .457 19.5
Tampa Bay 49 79 .383 29.0

LETS GO RED SOX.....LETS GO RED SOX!....THE CROWD GOES WILD AND THE BEERS ARE FLOWING...LMAO!

Upload

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11475
Yankees Lose 5-4 to Detroit

Red Sox win 11-1, and SWEEP 4 straight from White Sox

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 80 51 .611 -
NY Yankees 72 58 .554 7.5 ...Yepper...thats 7 1/2 GAMES BACK...
Toronto 65 65 .500 14.5
Baltimore 58 71 .450 21.0
Tampa Bay 51 80 .389 29.0

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11494
Yankes lose again to Detroit....16-0 ....LMAO...maybe they should play the Warner Robins Ga Little League team instead...

Now the Yankees fall ...8 Games back...

That hole is getting deeper and deeper...U don't have a shovel that big...LMAO

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 542
Where are all the loyal Yankee fans??" LET'S GO RED SOX"

Bronze Member
Username: Zork_99

GTA

Post Number: 47
Michael Wilbon made a comment this afternoon on Pardon The Interruption that the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox are the most overhyped franchises in professional sports..I agree totally!

Silver Member

The Great Wh...

Post Number: 229
AND they have ridiculous payrolls! The Yanks have $190 million (B-Sox have $150!) Arizona D-Backs have a $50 million payroll and their 2nd in the N.L! Yankees SUCK bcuz even with almost 4 times the money they're desperately trying to get a wild card spot!

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 543
Good point Annas!! Small market teams of past like Oakland and Minn had genius GM's to make it happen. Something to be said for that.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1344
Yankees beat the Sux! What else is new. As far as payrolls, whatever the owner can afford is fine, until the league adopts salary cap rules. That's why the Yankees are in the playoffs almost every year and in the Series more than any other team. New York is a big market, they can afford it. What happened to the Jays? Their discount bargain team suck worst than the Yanks! lol

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1345
Aaahhhh....New York Yankees, don't you just love to hate them!! You know if they get in the playoffs, and into the World Series, people will just hate them more. That's the price of success. So your hateful words and bashing just confirms to me that the Yanks are still Number 1.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 544
Derek Jeter is spreading HERPES!!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Derek-Jeter-Gave-Jessica-Alba-Herpes-62486.shtml

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1346
lol I thought LK said he was gaay? Jessica Alba could have gotten it from anybody since she has one night stands every chance she gets! Lucky Jeter's not a Sox player or he would have given her HIV.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5912
yanks win series....get out the brooms possibly?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11530
There is still another game...Yanks have NOT won the "series"...in fact its a DAY game tomorrow..thats unusual..

Red Sox vs Yankees 1:05 p.m. Schilling (8-5) Wang (15-6)

BTW...without Arod, the best player in baseball, the Yanks would be NOTHING...he has won soooo many games for them this year...I hate the Yankees , but have always been an Arod fan...

LETS GO RED SOX.....LETS GO RED SOX....

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1350
Old man Clemens....not too shabby! Yanks won the series now going for the..

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11538
OK, Clemens pitched well FINALLY...but for $28 million for half the season, he should pitch a decent game EVERY time , NOT once in awhile...U are high if U're thinking a sweep...nada...no way jose...

LETS GO RED SOX....

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1351
We'll see!! lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5915
"Yanks have NOT won the "series""

no they have won the series.....we won 2 games, youve won 0, its a 3 games series....even if you win the series will be 2-1 with the yanks having 2.....anyway, bet your bottom dollar ill be watching today

and roger looked great today. wasnt his first good start of the year tho. he really hasnt been that bad except for a few starts....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11543
Yanks...I stand corected...I was wrong about the Yanks not winning "series" ...I had a brain f*art, and was thinking U meant all the 3 games...my mistake (hate that "my bad" thing, sounds q*ueer)...

Yes I will be watching too...got up early and did my run/jug and 3 hrs of yardwork already so I can kick back ,,,and will DEFINITELY have a few COLD ones, and watch the Sox win ....remember its a 1:05 pm EST game...

Now this thread and bantering is what makes baseball such a great game...it can bring strangers together and have fun and with common interests...and NO harmful serious bashing...and the spport itself and athleticism, and the plays are sometimes so incredible, its such a great game..

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 545
To little to late for the Yanks!! You must play good ball all year long.........GO SOX!!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1361
It's never too late!

Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1363
Damn, the man's on fire!!!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1365
Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1366
Yankees 5, Sux 0

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 546
Play ball!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TYJJ-4C1xw8Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11545
Yeah...the Sox were humiliated...another 2 hitter and bonehead Varitek play...and a " debateable call" ( I didn't agree with, and need rule clarification, cause I'm like remy and interpret the rule completely different!)..by the umps killed the Sox.....but I'm glad they sucked so bad, and that Francona got dixied...cause now I'm think the Sox will wake up and start playing ball...and this 10 game round trip has tired them out, especially after scoring 35 or so runs in 3 games against Detroit......but NO excuses....the Sox sucked and hopefully will kick azz now!...hopefully this was a WAKEUP CALL....

LETS GO RED SOX!...I believe in U guys!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1371
Ooohhh, sorry zulu, it's my antivirus software not allowing me to go to bullshit sites thing again!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5925
yanks looked very solid this series....except for a few missteps. starting pitching was very nice. bats were alive with hits, we just need to string them together better. we are the wildcard leaders right now. will there be a new AL East champion this year for the first time in 9 years? well see what happens. certainly wouldnt count us out of it yet

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11555
Yanks lose 9-1 to the lowly Devil Rays from Tampa!....

Yanks are still ONLY in 2nd place and STILL chasing the BOSTON RED SOX, as they have done ALL year!

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 80 55 .593 -
NY Yankees 75 60 .556 5.0 ....thats right STILL 5 games back!.....hehehe
Toronto 68 66 .507 11.5
Baltimore 59 74 .444 20.0
Tampa Bay 55 80 .407 25.0

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1380
Well the Sux have lost 4 in a row. Will today be 5 against the lowly orioles??

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11556
WHO CARES..THE YANKEES WILL STILL ONLY BE IN 2ND PLACE....LMAO

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 560
Sox are blasting the O's tonight...........Yanks have 3 games with Seattle coming up that could do them in for the wild card and if that doesn't do it they play 3 games at Fenway the following week. Gloom and Doom for the Dirty Yanks.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11565
Clay Buchholz, the 23 yr old rookie, called up from AAA, in his 2nd MLB appearance, threw a NO HITTER against the Baltimore Orioles...to win 10-0...

LETS GO RED SOX....we got the juice!

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1381
Great performance by the rookie I must say! At least the Sux fans will have something good to remember the season by when they are watching someone else (Yankees) play in the World Series! lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11570
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 82 55 .599 -
NY Yankees 76 61 .555 6.0 ...yepper...6 GAMES BACK!
Toronto 70 66 .515 11.5
Baltimore 59 76 .437 22.0
Tampa Bay 56 81 .409 26.0

Sox win 3-2 against Baltimore and play an around great game!

Yaneeks loser today 8-2 against Tampa and lose their series ...as Tampa beat the Yanks 2 out of 3 games...Tampa is the LAST place team.....

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 563
Sox play their little kids and beat the O's.......Yanks start their best pitcher and get blasted AGAIN!!!

Upload

Bronze Member

GTA

Post Number: 52
A few weeks ago they were out of contention...but look now, the Blue Jays have snuck back in to the wildcard race. 5.5 games back of Yanks with home and home series(7 games) coming up in the next few weeks....Could get interesting

Silver Member

The Great Wh...

Post Number: 230
Make that 5 GB thanks to the yanks loss today! Bluejays can make it 4 1/2 tonite with a win against Dice-K and the B-Sox!

C'mon Litch! You only have to face the best team in the A.L!

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 565
YANKEE FAN

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11613
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 83 55 .601 -
NY Yankees 76 62 .551 7.0 ....yes thats 7 Games back!
Toronto 70 67 .511 12.5
Baltimore 59 77 .434 23.0
Tampa Bay 57 81 .413 26.0

Seattle is ONLY 1 game back on the wildcard with the yanks...after they beat the yankees and CLemens yesterday 7-1....and they play Seattle again today...Yankees are now just trying to grab a wildcard spot...Seattle has gotten over their 9 games losing streak and appears to be making a run for the final wildcard playoff spot...and yankees have no more cupcake games left, so they are in deep kimchi...

Yanks remaining games...
Remaining games (24): Sept. 4-5 vs. Seattle; Sept. 7-9 at Kansas City; Sept. 11-13 at Toronto; Sept. 14-16 at Boston; Sept. 17-19 vs. Baltimore; Sept. 21-24 vs. Toronto; Sept. 25-27 at Tampa Bay; Sept. 28-30 at Baltimore.

Red Sox beat Toronto 13-10...
It should be all over except the shouting as the Red Sox tread toward their first division title since 1995. Their lead in the East is the largest in any of the six divisions and they'll get a chance to extend it with right-hander Josh Beckett (16-6) on the mound today.

Bronze Member

GTA

Post Number: 54
Great pitching matchup tonight in Boston ...both aces...the Jays Roy "Doc" Halladay vs Beckett. Should be fun.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 569
zork.....Halladay just made a couple of mistakes and it cost em....Jays have a dangerous team with big bats and solid defense.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 573
The best team in baseball took the 1st of 4 with the Black SoxUpload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11766
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 86 56 .606 -
NY Yankees 79 62 .560 6.5 ....thats right, 6 1/2 games BACK
Toronto 72 68 .514 13.0
Baltimore 60 80 .429 25.0
Tampa Bay 58 83 .411 27.5

Upload

Last nite...

Red Sox beat Baltimore 4-0

Yanks beat Kansas City 3-2

Detroit beats Seattle 6-1

Wild Card race...

Seattle has lost 9 of last 10....Detroit coming on now in Wild card race...Yanks have a 3 game lead...only 3 weeks left in regular season, times running out!

Team W L PCT GB E# L10 STRK LAST GAME NEXT GAME
New York 79 62 .560 - - 7-3 W3 9/7 @ KC, W 3-2 9/8 @ KC, 7:10P
Detroit 76 65 .539 3.0 19 5-5 W3 9/7 v SEA, W 6-1 9/8 v SEA, 7:05P
Seattle 74 65 .532 4.0 19 1-9 L3 9/7 @ DET, L 1-6 9/8 @ DET, 7:05P

Silver Member

The Great Wh...

Post Number: 234
What do you guys think about the Rick Ankiel situation? Personally I think his image is going to be tainted forever (just like Barry Bonds) regardless if he took them before the GHG rule.

There's also reports from SI that Troy Glaus took steriods during the 2003-2004 season. Thats one year after he was the world series MVP. The reports say that he ordered them online! Who in their right mind would do that? It's definitly a rumor...no one can be stupid enough to order steroids online!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11768
Its fair to presume that there are many ball players who have taken drugs to enhance their performances...we will never know who they all were..I say thats over with, and lets press on...and continue present testings...that subject is like talking politics...or listening to Buffalo Springfield's, "nobody's right if everybody's wrong"...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us