Sattelite locations

Username: Carcpl58

Post Number: 4
Anyone have a site where I can load my zip code and get dish setings for my area.
Thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 121
Read the AIMING dish thread here..

Post Number: 5
Where can I find this thread? MAybe you can help me with my problem? I have a dishpro dish with dual lnbs. I have 2 switches and am trying to run 2 receivers but when both are on they interfer with each other. They lose signals and freeze. So am thinking about using 2 DTV dishes to run 1 and run 1 on the dish I have now. Is there any other solution?

Thanks in advance

Bronze Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 40
It is called "Help with AIMING DISH"

Silver Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 891
Here's one if it will load.
message/rfc822Upload
dishpoint.mht (39.5 k)

Silver Member

Post Number: 892
SORRY won't load.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
Jim... read these 2 threads..it'll solve all your problems..

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/166445.html

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/166716.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 893
http://www.dbschat.com/dishpoint.html

There you go it will work now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 894
sob won't work

Post Number: 6
Thanks for the help. I think I am going to use 2 dishes and a 4-1 switch to run my other system. Just got to try and locate the 110 and the 119 sattelites. How it won't be too hard. Is signal strength on the viewsat of 80% enough to keep good pic?

Thanks

h3lt3r sk3lt3r
Unregistered guest
Anything over 70 will give you good picture.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
need 2 switces 22mhz or a 4x4 multiswitch on 1 dish with 2 dual dish pro LNB's

Post Number: 7
I have 2 4x1 switches and a dual 2 dual pro LNB's. I am going to run my viewsat on the 1 switch using the dual pro LNBs and run my CSpro on two diff. dtv dishes using the 4X1 switch. Will this work ok?

Post Number: 8
When I run them both on the dual LNB's using my 2 switches I get a lot of interference between the two. Loss of signal and searching for signal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
U need to read the threads I linked..do U haVE UAL OR TWINS..LEGACY OR DISH PRO...IT ALL MAKES big DIFFERENCE..

Post Number: 9
I think I have twins but not sure. LNB's each hace 2 hook ups one is a 110 lnb the other is a 119 LNB. I thought this setup would work but seems to have a problem. Not at home to look at the moment. I looked at the threads but as you can see I lack knowledge in this area.

Huh?
Unregistered guest
Since the term "dual" was an established industry standard for a 1-satellite LNBF with 2 outputs, Dish came up with the name "Twin" for their new LNB/switch configuration.
The incorrect identification is understandable though, since the names do not match the meanings... A twin (lower case, not Twin) is defined as one of 2 things that are alike, while dual refers to 1 thing with 2 parts.

In the case of "Twin" vs "dual," reality as established by Dish marketing says a Twin is 1 thing with 2 parts (outputs of Sat 110 & Sat 119)
and a dual, especially as used on a Dish 500, becomes one of 2 things that are alike (2 outputs of either Sat 110 or Sat 119).

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us