Noobs

Username: Getoverit

Post Number: 1
Yes I'm a noob w/ DishNet but not w/ Dave. :-) I use to have Direct. I used the Hu cards w/ a loader to look at the cards and write to them for the channels. Now that dave stopped us from doing that I was looking 4 another project. You guys always have a bunch of good posts.

My question is, What you guys are talking about, is like what I use to do w/ Dave's cards?? If so where do i get a loader or you guys useing emulators? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 41
FTA= free to air...NO cards or no programmers/loaders...its easier than Dave and the HU cards..hardest part is aligning your dish to 110 and 119 (Charlie's Dishnetwork birds)...then just flash the FTA receiver (not loader) with a bin using a cable from receiver to computer where U downloaded and saved a free software "bin" available at every DSS site..then just go into your receiver system menu info and setup your receiver (2 minutes) ,then scan the satellites (10 minutes) and U are basically set to go,next sit back watch TV...a monkey can do this!

Post Number: 3
Wow that sounds really easy. Thanks thill1951. Now just looking for the equipment to use. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
All U need is an FTA receiver (buy inexpensive for now Pantec,Pansat under $100..even maybe Ebay...see what FTA future will bring) and satellite dish...U can use your old Dave dish..2 LNB's oval is best or Dave single round dish and strap on another $15 LNB yourself..stay away from triple phase 3 LNB Dave dish..need a disque switch also...try www.satscam.com list sites of scammers to NOT buy from..

Post Number: 6
Sounds Good. Which Pansat?? Any 1 will work??

Also how long does the .bins work for? I know w/ Dave they maybe lastest for a week sometimes.

Post Number: 7
thill turn on something so you can get priv. msges. I have a ebay product i want you to look at and tell me if it's any good. If you don't mind.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
sorry..no PM's ...post whatever U want here...Pansat 2500 ore 2700 is good..actually any GENUINE pansat...be careful of clones...at www.dsscommunity.c om forums in the Pansat area there is a thread to distinguish between clones..bins usually work for awhile...1-3 months...but always new bins available immediately free at public sites..

Anonymous

HOLA NEED HELP PLAESE FOR LOAD THE BIN

Anonymous

SOMEBODY TELLME WHAT NEED TO DO FOR DOWNLOAD
THE BIN TO MI RECEIVER I,HAVE THE BIN READY EN MI COMPUTER BUT WHAT NEED TO DO NOW
PLEASE HELP ME

Post Number: 9
When I get my reciever...lol You can hook up 2 recievers to the dual Sat. right?? You just need to program both, I'm thinking. I have 2 rooms I would like to put the recievers in. Is this possible w/ FTA?? I know you could with dave.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
need the right combo of LNB's and switches.

This document is directed to novice,and slightly experienced hobbyists.Its purpose is to help those in need of answers to basic switching setups;It is not directed to those involving 2 or3 types of LNB's to 5 receivers...you should already be blueprinted.

Ok,lets start at the beginning..the very beginning.When you enter the switch forum,scroll down to the bottom left of the page.You will see "display options".Where you see "last month" boxed with a down arrow,view the other options and select "beginning",and then select "show threads".This will be your next destination after you have read this basic setup document....read carefully.

You must determine your setup and gear.Here we will try to get you started with the most efficient and reliable switches.

One LNB to one receiver..............no switch needed
One LNB to two receivers...............no switch needed(requires a DUAL output LNB)
Two LNB's to one receiver............This can be done with any one of the following; AB switch/2x1 diseqc/4x1 diseqc/22Khz switch/4x4 multiswitch

(1) A/B switch from wallyworld or Ratshack;works great,switches every time...you will need 2 cables run to switch.
(2) 2x1 diseqc switch;works reasonably well;antennae settings must coincide with switch inputs.
(3) 4x1 diseqc switch;Probably the most widely spread and unreliable switch on the market.Performance level is abysmal.Does NOT like 2 different types of LNB,long cable runs,water,humidity,or anything else.Best brand by far for a good price is Chieta,and Spaun for high end...better be for the money.
(4) 22Khz switch; Very reliable tone switch.Easily installed and reasonably priced.One line from each LNB to switch,and one line out to receiver.Highly recommended.
(5) 4x4 multiswitch; Very versatile switch that requires dual LNB's.It can drive up to 4 receivers,and is 22Khz operated as well.These were around in the old D*V days and have an excellent track record and are highly recommended.

Two LNB's to two receivers..........This is where multiple switches is required in 3 of 4 examples.

(1) 2x1 diseqc switch;2 required for this installation,as well as 2 dual LNB's.The outputs from each LNB will go to a separate 2x1 switch,and from switch to receiver.
(2) 4x1 diseqc switch;2 required for this installation,as well as 2 dual LNB's.The outputs from each LNB will go to a separate 4x1 switch,and from switch to receiver.
(3) 22Khz switch; 2 required for this installation,as well as 2 dual LNB's.The outputs from each LNB will go to a separate 22Khz switch,and from switch to receiver.
(4) 4x4 multiswitch; 1 required for this installation,as well as 2 dual LNB's.The outputs from LNB #1 will go to Sat A inputs,and the outputs from LNB #2 will got to Sat B inputs.Do not be concerned with the 18v and 13v allocation,as the switch "freezes" these voltages within the unit.Set 1 sat to 22Khz ON,and the other to OFF(in your settings).
This unit can drive up to 4 receivers.

Three LNB;s to one receiver...........As much as we hate to say so,the 4x1 diseqc switch is the simplest(although not the most efficient) switch for this job.As the cost of these has dropped,so has the quality.

Four LNB's to one receiver..........Again,reluctantly,the 4x1 diseqc is the simplest choice.

Two LNB's to three receivers..........4x4 multiswitch

Two LNB's to four receivers............4x4 multiswitch

Post Number: 10
That makes it easy.... I was thinking no matter what you needed a diseqc switch. Guess not if you have 1 sat. w/ a dual LnB. Thanks Thill

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
1 LNB = 1 sat bird..but for Dishnetwork TV, most people want 2 satellites,the 110 and 119 birds reception on each receiver..

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
LNBF
1. Legacy:
a. single: called single legacy, one output.
b. dual: called dual legacy, 2 outputs.
c. twin: big fat lnbf, 2 outputs, has 2 SW21 switch built-in.
d. quad: big fat lnbf, 4 outputs, has 4 SW 21 switch built-in.
2: DishPro
a. single: called single DishPro, one ouput.
b. dual: called dual DishPro, 2 outputs.
c. twin: big fat lnbf, 2 outputs, has 2 independent Diseqc switch built-in
d. quad: big fat lnbf, 4 outputs, has 4 independent Diseqc switch built-in

Dish Pro twin LNB gets both the 110 and 119 on 2 receivers..and no switches needed...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Tru to that. That's what I want also. i have 2 sat. that I recieved when i got Dave. I can use the 2 sat. i was useing before or no??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I found this for the DishPro LNB.....

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/LNBFS/DISHNETWORK-LNBF.htm

Looks pretty good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
101W Dave satellite will do U no good...but dishnet 110 and 119 W are good..U will have to align your new DP twin LNB and just use that LNB..If U had the oval 2 LNB Dave dish (101 and 119)U could add more satellites and switches ,but now U're getting more complicated..

Anonymous

DUAL LNB is for 1 satellite signal (example 110) and 2 receivers...TWIN LNB aka fatboy/fathead is for 2 satellites ( Example..110 and 119) AND 2 receivers ..

Anonymous

I bought this receiver, works excellent!!!!

"Pansat 3500s is the newest best free to air satellite receiver works on nagra vision 2 and for a affordable price! We offer the pasant 3500s at a unbeatable price. The pansat is the only free to air satellite receiver with MP3 audio file decoding!

Nagara Vision 2
MP3 File Decoding
SD (Secure Digital) memory card interface (Flash upgrade / back up, MP3)
100 Satellites, 5,000 Channels programmable TV and radio program
More memory (2Mb Flash, 16Mb SDRam)
Improved Blind Search (Power Scan)
On Screen Display, On Screen Channel Guide
FREE 2 Year Factory Warranty
Pansat 3500S Free To Air Receiver"

Pansats Newsest Receiver
Here They Are:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/PANSAT-3500S-SATELLITE-RECEIVER_W0QQitemZ5818437342QQcategory Z61386QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/PANSAT-3500S-SATELLITE-RECEIVER_W0QQitemZ5818441752QQcategory Z61386QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BiIIy
Unregistered guest
Oh Nooooooo !!.........another spammer

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us