Question about DLP's

Username: Hunter759

Vineland, Nj Usa

Post Number: 3
I know all about the audio problems with Samsungs, my friend has one and it drives me crazy. My question is do all of the DLP have this same problem. I am a huge video game guy and I can't deal with the audio delay. If they all have delay problems, do any of the new models fix this problem. Also what about the Mitsubishi's how are they on this issue. I know I asked a lot of questions at once, but thanks for your help.

brad_52hm84
Unregistered guest
My new Toshiba 52hm84 DLP television doesn't have any issues with audio delay, so I'd have to say that it is a Samsung issue only.

DLP for Me!
Unregistered guest
Only with the Samsung 63 series and earlier. The 74 and 85 series don't seem to have this problem. The Samsung is the absolute best picture on the market, in my opinion, of course!
You should take your PS2 or xbox or whatever to your local store and try it out on the set "you" choose.

DLP for Me!
Unregistered guest
Only the Samsung 63 series and earlier have the audio delay issue. The 74 and 85 series don't seem to have this problem. The Samsung is the absolute best picture on the market, in my opinion, of course!
You should take your PS2 or xbox or whatever to your local store and try it out on the set "you" choose.

Jodymac
Unregistered guest
Thinking about getting the 50" RCA Scenium anyone know anything bad or good about this dlp? Thanks for the help.

FYI
Unregistered guest
One guy posted this:

"I have gone through 7 DLPs trying to find one that doesn't have problems with shadows or lip-sync issues. I have kept trying because DLPs have the best picture with excellent blacks and will not deteriorate after 4000 hours (like LCD RP will). I would wear out an LCD RP in one year, because I put about 5000 hours per year on the main TV in my house.

I FINALLY FOUND ONE THAT DOES JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!

Of course it was the last one I tried. I bought an RCA Scenium DLP. Even though I have one more swap out (because BestBuy sent me one with a HD3 chip instead of the HD2+ chip), the HD50LPW164 with the HD3 chip is an EXCELLENT TV. I almost don't want to exchange it for the HD50LPW162 with the HD2+ chip, but I know the 162 will look even better than the already excellent picture on the 164 with the HD3 chip."

Another guy posted this:

"Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 01:04 pm:

Diego,

I had the RCA 50 inch TV one week before I sent it back to BB. The picture was comparable if not slightly better than the other models I looked at but I could not stand to be in the same room with the set. The fan noise was very loud. More than the other brands. That was not the worst of it though. It has a power supply board mounted vertically on the right side that hummed like a bunch of bumble bees. I could hear it over my stereo. I checked the set in the store and it was the same. Poor, Poor engineering. By the way, I used to be an RCA factory repair tech and I will never by another RCA. Before Thomson bought us I would have. And about the rainbow effect, I happen to be one of the few and it is to say the least annoying. I'm waiting for the 7 segment wheels and faster refresh rates. Hope this helps."

Uh.....Uh.....well.......

jodymac
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your help FYI do you know if there's plans to fix the noise problems with the new models? I think the picture is great.

Jodymac
Unregistered guest
Does your Scenium have the noise problems this guy is talking about? I thought that maybe it was the older models and not the Scenium.

FYI
Unregistered guest
Jodymac,

I'm a proud Samsung owner, so, I only know what I read on this forum. I'm sure you have browsed this link. Most of these folks are happy campers.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/104959.html

Jodymac
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your help again FYI.

Jodymac
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your help again FYI.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us