Help - Want to Hook Up TV w/no AV out to HT

Puzzled
I just bought a nice new TV set which I want to hook up to my receiver and HT speakers. However, my TV has no AV out ports, so I'm not sure how I can get my regular cable signal through my HT system. Any suggestions on how I can solve this problem?

Derek
See my two long posts in https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/298.html

Puzzled
The problem is that there is no audio-out on the TV at all (your post mentions using the variable audio-out). Will I have to buy a VCR (I only have DVDs, so I don't particularly want one) and run the cable through the VCR and into the TV, and have the component audio outputs run from the VCR to the receiver? Is there any way to get the same effect w/out the VCR?

Thanks.

Derek
Actually the first one depends upon a receiver for audio. The TV is just a display monitor in that schenario. That should work.

INSTALLGUY
YOU MAY LOOK INTO A NTSC/ATSC TUNER WITH QUAM TUNING RCA MAKES A CHEAP ONE. I KNOW IT WILL COME IN HANDY LATER ON FOR HDTV AND DIGITAL CABLE. AND YOU CAN USE IT TO TUNE REGULER TV TODAY. JUST A THOUGHT.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us