Ask for comparison of Bose Acoustimass10 and Polk RM6700

Mengzhe Ma
I am new to home theater speaker system. I am very interested in Bose Acoustimass10 and Polk RM6700. If anyone can give me any information to compare these two systems, I will appreciate it and thanks in advance!

G-Man
There isn't a comparison. The Polk's are much better and a much better value. Bose subwoofers generally suck and Bose speakers generally have a colored sound. Of course, there are many more home theatre speaker packages than these two brands, but they are too long to list. Everything depends on band for the buck and your budget--the size of your room--and how loud you like your music and movies. Some systems only sound good with movies while some are good enough to sound good with both movies and music.

Anyway, between your two packages, the Polks are much better under all circumstances. For a few hundred dollars more Aperion Speakers sells both a beautiful and great sounding system and they sell it online with a 30 day trial period, so you could return it. Probably cost between $1200 and $1400 for a gorgeous cherry wood set-up that sounds great with music and movies. Axiom is another online company that offers a similar type system.

Of course, if your budget is under $1,000 for the speakers--Polks or NHT's are both fine.

Mengzhe
Thank you, G-Man! I did not expect that I could get this helpful information so fast.

G-Man
You're welcome. It is always nice if someone is happy with their set-up and doesn't feel buyers remorse. Let's face it, quite a few of us spend a lot of time listening to music and watching movies and we want the best experience we can afford. It can be quite depressing to go to someone elses house that spent the same as you did or a few hundred dollars more and their speaker set-up sounds light years better than yours. Obviously you expect that with someone that spent thousands more. But when it is close to the amount you spent you will never be able to listen to your system again without feeling buyers remorse and wanting to somehow get rid of it.

I have been there :-)

Hi G-man
I need your help if you can. I don't have experience about home theater systems, but i am musician and i like the good sound quality.
Which Home Theater and music system you can recommend me for a 10x11 acoustic room.

I choose these three brands:
Yamaha
Bose
Onkio
Jvc

Budget $1,000 max I appreciate your help, ty

eCoustics
The eCoustics.com review of the Polk RM6700 is located here. Bose has not responded to our review requests.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us