How to setup 4 FTA receivers with 2 dishes..

Bronze Member
Username: Xpehbam

Greensboro, NC

Post Number: 48
Hi! everybody..I have questions , I have 4 FTA receivers for 4 rooms, and I have 2 Dish 500 dishes. How can I setup this 4 receivers to get 110,119 on all receivers..??
Do I need to use DP34 ??
Thank you!

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11663
Dish pro (DP) switches are ONLY for Dish Pro LNB's....not all Dish 500's have Twin Dish Pro (DP) LNB's ....some have 2 dual Legacy LNB's...so what switches U use is determined by the LNB's..

A simple DP Quad LNB (buy for $79 at sadoun.com) on 1 Dish (no need for 2 dishes, disconnect one), receives BOTH the 110 and 119 (or 82-91 sats)...and runs DIRECT lines to 4 receivers....NO SWITCHES are used!

Dish Network Dish Pro Quad LNBF: Use it to look at the 110 and 119 orbital locations, using a 20" (or "DISH 500") dish antenna. The DishPro Quad LNBF can directly connect to Four tuner inputs (either Four "single tuner receivers" like Dish311, or Two "two tuner receiver" like DishPVR 625). Circular type....or can use with FTA receivers...$79
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/LNBFS/DISHNETWORK-LNBF.htm

or U can buy (www.sadoun.com)for $99 the Dish 500 WITH the DP Quad LNB...makes MUCH more sense to spend $20 more and get the Dish 500 AND the DP Quad LNB already mounted and ready to put on the roof..then U will have 2 extra Dish 500's, presuming U already have them

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Dishes/Dish-Network-Satellite-Dish.htm#Dish_Netw ork_DISH_500

Dish Network DISH 500 Antenna with LNBF

Box Includes:
20" Satellite Dish 500
Universal mount that lets you put the dish on your roof or exterior wall of your house

Available with Dish Pro Quad Lnbf (for 110, 119), ...get this one!.....

or with Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF (for 110, 119)....suggest NOT to get this Dish Pro Plus TWIN

Only $99

Bronze Member
Username: Xpehbam

Greensboro, NC

Post Number: 49
Thank you!! This is great info..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11667
Your welcome...good luck..

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1347
110/119
Quad LNB can do with no additional switches
1 coax cable straight to each receiver
Upload

DP34 will work with 4 receiver with no additional power however will work with only one satellite
Upload

SW-64
SW64 Automatic Multi-Dish Switch - Three Dish Four Receiver Automatic Dish Switch - connect up to four receivers to two or three dual LNB dishes, or to one DISH 500 dish with two dual LNBs and an additional dual LNB dish. Uses include adding another dish to an existing DISH 500 system for reception of foreign or HDTV programming.
BOX SW64 Switch. This switch will allow you to pick up 3 satellites. (119, 110, and 61.5 or 148)This switch will work with ANY model Dish Network receiver. Uses SW64 switch, Power Inserter, Power supply.
Upload

For more info stop on my King's Corner
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/322149.html

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/300311.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11677
don't confuse the poor guy in this thread...lol...I kept it simple for him....remember most here are young and newbies...must walk before they can run...

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 428
I have almost same setup!! I will get u exact name of switch. LK is right there. So u need as many switches as u have sattelites. So u need 2 of those switches which LK told ya and then 4 diseqc switches. If u have any more questions put them here. This is gonna be exciting for u. I have 4 sats on four receiver so it took me a whole weekend to run cables and stuff. It was fun though.
If u in TO lemme know i will tell u a nice shop where u can go.
Switch is cheaper like only 30$.

Username: Pibl97

Post Number: 2
King, I got confused about DP34 switch. As far as I understood 3 birds can be connected to upto 4 boxes. You show a different switch MS-3401. Also what LNB should be used with that switch to connect 13V and 18V. Any info appreciated.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11739
The DP34 switch IS for 3 satellites (Dish Pro LNB's) and 4 receivers..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us