Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through December 27, 2006Nalin Nyda100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6660
Nalin....STFU MO!...LMAO

U really are a tard....U need 2 dishes and a disque!....Your ignorance is showing up BIG TIME!...U can't put 118.8 and 119 on same dish U fricking idiot! (unless U want to glue them on top of each other...lmao)....I thought U knew at least as much as a 2 day old newbie, but OBVIOUSLY NOT!...LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 6661
BTW nalin...this thread is for advanced users...why are U here?...go to a Newbie " area!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1086
King Tape: You said you and LK are not the same. Hence the question to you. If, as "johny be good" says, you and LK are the same person, then I do not have any questions for you.

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 972
Glad to see everyone getting along well.... LMAO To put it simple - not enough degress of separation between them. But I'm sure I'll be bashed for that comment... LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 6667
Me and King are not the same...hell, he even says he's fairly new to DSS..

hey PRFRMNJ, U had the same problem with this tard nalin, so quit your laughing....LMAO...this MO is all mouth, and knows nada!....LMAO!...wish it would get back on the camel and ride away!

Silver Member

Post Number: 973
More like a donkey.... Well in spanish is El Burrito.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 974
It goes in waves, I'm sure by next week they will start with me again and then you'll be laughing at me! LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 6668
I belive U know the old saying...screw em all but 6!...(the 6 pallbearers)...LMAO...who gives a flying "leap" (LOL) about being bashed by nalin or "its" buds here..

nalin has that "napoleon" complex....donkey is too short...needs a camel!...LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 1087
Back to the question.

King Tape: Can you tell us something about AMC 16 and how to get it and 119W at the same time and Dish?
The AMC 16 has always been listed as KU band, so I would expect a 18-20" dish would do the two (AMC 16 and Echo 7). It is the closenes and the difference in vertical tilt, that makes me wonder if the two LNBs can be mounted on the same Dish.

Silver Member

Post Number: 975
You know me - I can care less. I post what I post from personal experience or research and those want to listen do and those don't - like you said "Who gives a flying leap"

Gold Member

Post Number: 6670
AMC16 is ,mostly Asian channels (expected to be the next HD sat) and can get with the DPP Plus and 2 dishes and a DP 34 switch, like with the Dish 1000 plus..along with the 110 and 119 on the DPP twin LNB..and set the 188.8 to DP LNB and 10750 freq, and 110/1219 to DP LNB and 11250 freq..

Silver Member

Post Number: 977
Keep in mind this all depends on your location. I can tell you that in the caribbean you will not be able to do this without a second dish and no smaller then 5 feet. Normall installtion for the area is a single 4 foot dish for each sat (110 & 119) while it works pretty good, when the slightes rain comes down signal is lost. I use a 6 foot channel master at my beach house for each sat (yeah I know, my roof looks like star wars, but I never loose signal)... Not that this info may be relevant to this question, but for those in the caribbean reading this and thinking they can do this, the above applies with the considerations listed in this post.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6679
the 118.8 is very unusual..uses a linear/universal LNB, but circular polarization but at a lower freq like linear..there is a DTV Latin LNB thats will work for this..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6680
homemade by AC radio..

Circular Feed For AMC16

http://www.hashhu.c*om/forums/showthread.php?t=118292&highlight=amc16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was some interest about constructing a feed for the new DN sat at 118.75. I took some pics of the feed I built for a Channel Master elliptical dish and it performs well. This method can be retrofitted to work on almost any LNBF. In pic 1 I started with a fixed skew Channel Master feed that is mainly used on DirecPC dishes or any elliptical dish that has a skewable mount. The LNB is a Hughes C120 flange LNB that has the built in polarity switch and is stable enough to be used for data reception. These can be had right now on eBay for cheap. I use them all the time and recently got 10 of them. The key is to find the piece in pic 2...it is a dielectric insert that came out of an old DTV LNBF. You can pop the cap off and look in the throat of the feed and tell if it has the insert or the cast piece in the side of the throat. If it has the plastic insert it is easily taken out if you are careful...it is glued in with some black silicone. The next pic is the insert placed in the throat of the feed at a 45 degree angle from the orientation of the probes in the bottom of the throat. It is glued in place by a bit of household clear silicone. Attach the feed to the LNB and remount it on the feed support and line 'er up.

Is this step obvious when one is staring down the throat at the probes?

In this situation it was easy because it was placed at a 45 from looking at the mounting bolt holes on the feed. If placing it in an LNBF then you are looking down the front of the feed toward the probes. The way the probes are aligned is obvious with an LNBF. There is usually a small metal bar vertically across the back of the throat with a small metal tang sticking out perpendicular to the bar. One is the H and one is the V probe. Also this would be exactly 45 degrees in the throat with the LNBF placed upright with 0 skew

Gold Member

Post Number: 6681
DTV Latin 11.2-12.2 circular LNB works too..with 30 inch dish...U may get a weak working signal with an 18 inch dish..its basically a linear LNB with a circular feed is what U need....for the 118.8

Single Feed Flatpack
DTVGD $99.99
Latin America LNBF $99.99

Latin America LNBF ( 11.45 - 12.2 Ghz ) DTVGS DTVGD Galaxy Latin America LNBF. This is the one, look no further.. It will work - it has a special frequency. Kinda looks the same, but it's not. DirecTV LatinAmerica LNBF

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 399
What a great post is this one here. Really got few new things from here. Posting after such a long time.
Hey LK how u doin, how was ur christmas.

LK or King tell me couple of things (i know u both will have a different perspective on this)

I am movin to a new house. Planning on to get ECHO 7(110W), Echo3(61.5W), NIMIQ1(82W), NIMIQ2(91W). SO i will have to use three dishes one for BEV(NIMIQ1 and NIMIQ2) and one for Echo3 and one for echo7. ALl my LNB's are dual output. I think i am right till here.

Now i have two receivers VIEWSAT EXTREME & SATCRUISER DSR101+ so wat will be the best bet for switches.
Should i use TWO DiSEqC switches or go for one SW switches. If i am to go for a SW switch which one will i be using.??

Thanx a lot in advance. I know its little complicated but for sure you guys will help me. Thanx!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ajtech

Post Number: 22
Going way back to the fith post (I will append it to the end of this message as there is no quote feature on this forum):

Allthough I do not personally agree with it, there is a communications law that states that you can not break the encryption on a transmission. This is the law that allows vendors of modded FTA boxes to be charged, or owners of modded boxes to be charged.

If you are selling FTA boxes, sell them with the factory flash and you have done nothing wrong. You can be charged under the communication act if you own an STB that has been modified so it can recieve otherwise encrypted signals. So, for the record - using an FTA box to recieve encrypted satellite signals is illegal - even if you do pay for and subscribe to the service (in other words 'testing'). Everyone that has a modded box should be aware of this as claiming that you did not know that you were doing anything illeagal will not get you out of hot water.

Now with that being said, satellite providers cannot tell if you are recieving their signals if you are using a modded FTA STB as they do not transmit signals, they are recievers only. They could possibly look at your dish and tell that you are aiming at their sat, but there are a few channels on each sat that are transmitted 'in the clear' that you could be watching.

I doubt very much that their is any police department in the Americas that has the man power to follow up on reports that so and so is stealing satellite programs. I also can't see them getting a warrant to come into your house and sieze your STB. Generally they would concentrate their efforts on stopping the people that are providing the means to enable everyone else to break the law as once they are removed from the equation, the problem no longer exists.

So for the record you can leagally do the following with your STB which has the factory firmware:

1. Watch channels and programs that are broadcast 'in the clear' (not encrypted)
2. Chase & Watch 'feeds' that are not encrypted

You can get enough channels that are broadcast 'in the clear' that will provide you with a package that is basically equivalent to a basic Cable TV package. If you like religious or ethnic programming, then there are a tonne of stations that you can watch free and legal. Free is not realy 'free' however, as all of the hardware required to get this up and running is approximately equivalent to a one year basic cable subscription.

Those are the facts of FTA, and to answer your next question, no I am not a cop, lawyer, narc or anything else of that nature - I looked this info up on google when the law was passed in Canada (The US law had been in place for some time prior to the Canadian Law)

appendage:
I would like to express one of my views and this is just my personal opinion, don't take it as a Gospel please.

Intercepting a beam of radio of any sort in your Backyard is no Civil Violation Purchasing a third party MPEG-2 receiver is no Crime either
Modifying your own property any way or shape nothing wrong either
Sharing any knowledge on the internet advising others is Our Civil Liberty

With all of these you are driving a Space Faring. Such Hobbies and Activities are the seeds that will grow our knowledge into Space Businesses and Industries. They are so much fun and great participation in Space Exploration and Development to all Generations.

But I really don't like to see anyone extending this beyond the Primary goal of Space Hobby. Meaning don't use this superior knowledge for a personal gain. Such as:
Selling these devices for profit Publicly or Private
That is Criminal. And I will not personally share or exchange anything with any known Criminal Among Us.

Let's keep it all Clean Space Hobby
I got such terrific information in Progress
Stay tuned
p/s Anything I do is my own Development

Good Luck to all of Us.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6682
AJ....U are 100% correct, regarding the laws..stealing encrypted signals is illegal.

Pannu...if U are using Dish Pro LNB's, then simply use a DP44 switch..but can always use 2 weatherproofed disque switches (much cheaper)with DP or legacy LNB's...and may want to consider a "motorized" dish for 4 sats, rather than 3 dishes...and it were me , I'd be grabbing the 119 also using 2 TWIN LNB's and 1 Dual on 3 stationary dishes and grab 5 sats... (more reason to go with motorized dish)...but now U are getting into a few bucks and some more reading..

Silver Member

Post Number: 986
Motors

STAB /USALS motor (also called DiSEqC 1.3) move the dish using the remote control of your FTA receiver. This is done by connecting a standard coax from the receiver to the motor and a second coax from the motor to the LNB. The motor is powered by the receiver.

To install a motor, you need to know what direction is due south. This is not the same as due south according to a compass. You need to know the exact direction of the South Pole from your location. There are four ways to do this:

The first method is to use the sun. The earth is divided up into 24 time zones. In each of those zones, the sun is at the highest point in the sky (true south from the Northern Hemisphere) at exactly 12 Noon--1 p.m daylight savings time. There are some things to consider: First is that if you live on the eastern edge of your time zone, the sun will be at true south at 11:30 AM (12:30PM DST) and if you live on the western edge of your time zone, the sun will be at true south at 12:30 PM (1:30PM DST). Some time zones, such as the Alaska time zone, cover areas that would normally cover three or four time zones. This method would not be advised since the sun could be at true south as late as 3:00 PM if you live in far enough west.

The second method is using a compass and calculator. Find out the magnetic deviation of your location. The magnetic deviation is the difference between magnetic north and true north. Let's assume your magnetic deviation is 17 degrees. That means that true south will be 17 degrees off from magnetic south. Point your compass to magnetic south and your true south will be 17 degrees from that point.

The third method works if you live in the western or Midwestern US or Canada, where city streets are aligned according to a north-south/east-west grid. Many cities in western North America (with a few exceptions) have a layout that looks like a checkerboard. The main streets run either north, south, east, or west.. If you live in a city with that sort of a layout, you are at an advantage. True south parallels the nearest north-south main street to the south. If you live in San Antonio, Los Angeles, or San Francisco, this method might not be best.

The fourth method involves using Microsoft Streets and Trips or some other electronic atlas program. This is actually the easiest if the three others fail.

Now that you have determined true south from your location, here is the reason why it is important to line up with true south:

Once you locate your true south, this is the zero point of your HH motor. Of course, if you aim your dish at that point, you may or may not get a signal because there may or may not be a satellite at that location.

What you need to do after determining your zero point is determine which satellite is closest to this point. This is entirely dependent on your longitude. If you are fortunate enough to live at 91 west or 119 west, then you have it easy. But most people are not that lucky.

Find the satellite closest to your zero point and subtract that value from the longitude of your zero point. For instance, your zero point (site longitude) is 149.5 and your nearest satellite is 148. 149.5 -- 148 = 1.5.

In this case, you would need to manually set your motor to 1.5 degrees away from the zero point. Since 148 is east of 149.5, you need to set the motor 1.5 degrees to the east of the zero point on the motor. These values are not shown on the motor so you will have to estimate.

When you have your motor set to the correct deviation from true south, you can now go outside and try to tune that satellite in the same way you would try to point for a fixed dish. Leaving the elevation bolt loosened enough to move the dish up and down; and leaving it loose enough on the pole to move it left and right, steer the dish until you get a signal. Remember that it is very important not to operate the motor while you try to locate this satellite!

Once you have a strong signal and have verified that the signal is indeed your "pointer satellite" and not some other satellite nearby, you can then tighten the bolts to hold the dish firmly in place. Hook up the motor to the FTA receiver and manually move the dish motor to see if any other satellites come in as the dish pans the arc.

NOTE: I do not take credit for the information above, but rather for the time and research in finding the information. I have edited the information to cut out information that really didn't apply.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6694
Behead him!...LMAO..a great injustice has been done!...LOL...this DSS stuff is a bunch of Pirates, "borrowing" (some may call it stealing) various signals and sharing our "finds"..contrary to some who believe they or others have copyrights to all they post...LMAO!!!

actually nice find and post ...Thanks NJ...and if the author wanted it secret, then he should have never posted it someplace!...or he's a dumbazz!

Silver Member

Post Number: 987
LOL - Thanks LK...

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 400
THANX GUYS !! This is helpful but i think its easier to install three dishes than motorized. But as always i am gonna do my readng for one more week and take some suggestions from u guys and then take the right step. Thanx a lot guys!!

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 269
I was only joking about copyrighting LNBF topic

TRIVIA
I have a question and let me add some physics twist to it
"How fast Satellite speed must be to remain in same spot at same time"

The following is Courtesy of nasa-org
Upload
I can tell you earth's speed
Well how fast is that?
1000 Miles per hour
Earth's Circumference "meaning distance around Equator is 24900 Miles"
Since there are 24 hours to complete revolution you can divide 24900/24 answer is 1038 mph
But answer to satellite speed is a bit more complicated, you need mass of Satellite, distance from earth to calculate velocity. But I just wanted everyone to know how fast earth move answer is about 1000 mph Satellite has to match that in its orbit but won't be same speed because it has to cover more distance in its orbit around earth within same 24 hour
I didn't run out of topics I got much much more stay tuned

Silver Member

Post Number: 988
Don't even know where to post this, but yes, you can be held criminaly liable as well as face civil suite liabilities for stealing encripted signal. The civil suite would come in play as the court would estimate how much programing has been received for free and what the actual cost of the programing would have been. Then they would impose liability and restitutionto be made to the party affected. How would they determine this? It would vary from case to case.

Last but not least, just because someone has been charged with a criminal violation does not exempt this person from civil suite not to mention, they may even be found Not Guilty at a criminal trial and still end up paying in a civil suite. Ask OJ....

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 308

Hey PRFRMNJ
I didn't know that you are a lawyer.
Can you tell us when a person was sue for stealing encripted signal?
BTW can Bell ExpressVu from Canada sue a person in the USA for stealing their signal?
}

Silver Member

Post Number: 992
Not a lawyer I just work in the field. (Not a cop or anything like that).
Anyway, I don't know of any person being sued as of today, but give me a day or so and I'll do some research and find out if anythng has been reported in Lexis (legal database that compiles all cases reported in the diferent state and federal jurisdictions). Crimnal cases are heard all the time. The problem with civil law suits is trying to figure out the amount of financial damage, but that doesn't mean it can't, hasn't or won't happen.
As far as BEV suing in the US. That's an interesting question. If you apply the standard of 18 U.S.C. where as using the internet as a means of interstate commerce for certain things can be illegal, one would think that may be the case. But unless there is some sort of jurisdictional agreement, that may not be possible.

Silver Member

Post Number: 993
Now you got me thining! I guess one way would be to prosecute crimnaly requirering Extradition. Remember once the person has been extradited then he is withing the jurisdiction of the country requesting extradition and all bets would be off. Once you are there, I would assume they can sue you for civil liability.

Bronze Member
Username: Leon_kookie

Post Number: 80
Sat needs to be placed at what like 23,000 miles above earth inorder for it to maintain a "geostationary" orbit. The speed is around 7000 MPH.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6698
Dave and now DN has been " prosecuting" and brought tons of civil suits and won thousands of cases against defendants!...and the RCMP have been working with Dave and DN for few years now to bring suits against Canadians..maybe wumarkus will enlighten U...tons of Pacers there!

and if this is a play on words, then ask Mili, about his DN and DTV sub sharing packages and "stealing encrpyted signals"!...or do we now have to define "stealing"?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1004
Suites are normally filed after criminal charges have been dealt with. I personally don't work in the civil side I work criminal and that's why I stated I would have to do research. Again, I know of people providing services (flashing equipment and what not) but I have not read or heard of any one person in specific (and I mean some one who owns a box being sued)... I may be able to dig something up

Gold Member

Post Number: 6701
I know MANY!...and with ONLY 1 loader (which is legal)who have lost cases!..the end user has been the target for years!

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

The Doghouse

Post Number: 568
A LAWYER EH...?mmmm?Rhight up there with BANKERS.To the bone shreader with ya!From the movie "Nothing but Trouble:Chey Chase, Demi Moore and John Candy..and Dan Akroyd.lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1005
I'll have something to keep me busy tomorrow... LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 309

Who started this BS anyway?
People that worries about the legal stuff has no business here. What is the bottom line to all this BS?

Silver Member

The Doghouse

Post Number: 571
MONEY!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1009
I have no clue. I just replied to a question earlier which caused you to ask another question and then next thing you know "tread highjacking" LOL

Silver Member

The Doghouse

Post Number: 572
Maybe because there's no bashing war going on ,no new emm's,everything up and rolling for awile, so it's getting boring here.

Bronze Member
Username: Ajtech

Post Number: 23
Hey Guys,

I replied to a thread, which insinuated that modifying your reciever to pick up broadcasts in the open air was not criminal. It is and that was the point. Civil suits really have nothing to do with it, as that is an entirely seperate matter and a phenomenon that usually does not take place above the 49th parallel.

Get caught watching and they will probably take your hardware and slap a fine on you. Get caught selling and they will probably take your business, bury you in tax papers and slap a hefty fine on you.

No bashing, no name calling - just information that is a little more realistic - allthough not 100% accurate. Google the law for your country and you'll find all the correct info on charges, fines and so forth.

Missleading people into performing criminal acts, is in itself a criminal act. Decrypting satellite signals is a felony charge in North America, no matter where the signal originates from. To suggest otherwise is wrong.

As I stated in the begining, I don't agree with the law, but it does exist and every now and again people get charged. I would expect that the ones that get charged are the idiots that advertise free Satellite on Kijiji and stick the BEV and Dishnet logos right in their ads, but again, thats just my guess.

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
}
Hey AJ Tech
This is not a put down, just the facts.
Iam sure that every person that comes here and millions of others know that Decrypting Satellite Signals is illegal.
You have stated that Decrypting Satellite Signals is a Felony Charge. I don't think so,
Felony is a serious Crime, such as Murder &R ape.
I would say that is a Misdemeanor Charge.
You have also said that no matter where the signal originate from.
Let me ask you this,if I Decrypting a Satellite signal from Cuba, who is going to prosecute me, Fide Castro?
As for Canada, they have refused to license
Americas}} to provide Satellite Service in Canada.
Now do you think that the American people
going to try to catch & prosecute the people in the USA for Decrypting their Satellite Signal?
As for Charlie, when the Canadians refused to
give them license to provide Satellite Service in Canada, but nonetheless million of subcribers across Canada have acess to America Satellite Service,buy excepting USA phoney addresses.
I wonder when they send the installers out
what address they go to.}

Gold Member

Post Number: 1094
People in glass houses.................

Gold Member

Post Number: 1025
Kevin - Check this out:

3 men face fines in groundbreaking civil court verdict

The jury decided Thursday in civil court that Lewis P. Freye of Barnwell and Joseph C. Brunson Jr. of Walterboro had twice violated federal laws prohibiting the illegal interception of satellite signals or the assistance of others in intercepting the signals. They face penalties of up to $10,000 apiece for each violation plus punitive damages, said their attorney, Christopher Murphy.

A third defendant, Eddie D. Dixon of Ridgeville, was found liable for the same federal violation. The jury also decided that Dixon distributed the illegal devices, a violation that carries a maximum fine of $100,000 plus damages, Murphy said.

U.S. District Judge David Norton plans to hold a hearing in the next few weeks before announcing the penalties. The jury's verdict was hailed by DirecTV's lead lawyer in the case, who said it should send a stern message to anyone thinking of stealing satellite signals.

"I think the word will get out," said Andrew Metalka of Galveston, Texas. "If you pirate our TV signals, you could be held liable for it. And the same word also will go out to the pirate community." DirecTV has been busy the past two years with lawsuits against firms that manufacture and sell devices that let owners use DirecTV's signals without paying for them. Trials this week in Charleston and California were the first in the nation in which a jury was asked whether anyone who buys the devices or gives them to someone else had broken federal laws.

The trial began Tuesday and involved civil action only. None of the defendants faced criminal charges. Earlier Thursday, Norton dismissed similar suits against Leroy Cromedy of Huger and Brandon . He said the evidence against the two men wasn't strong enough. No one testified that they saw anyone steal the signals, and all three men who face penalties said they purchased the devices for someone else.Four devices were displayed in court, including one known as a "smart card" because it unscrambles the DirecTV signal when it's inserted into a receiver that's hooked to a television set.

Metalka argued that possession of the items was enough to infer guilt "because there's no other use for the devices. They cost hundreds of dollars." Murphy, though, insisted that "this is all about money. There's no evidence of theft. There's no evidence that they stole the signals."

The jury deliberated less than two hours. After the trial, juror David Churchill of Summerville said he thought "the defense did a good job but didn't have much to work with. This was a jury made up of people of modest means. They weren't swayed by the fact that a corporation was involved."

Murphy said he and other lawyers will examine these cases as they face another trial next month. Roughly 300 people in South Carolina have been accused of similar violations, and 12 of them are coming to trial Feb. 9, he said.

In the first verdict of its kind in the nation, three South Carolina men face hefty fines after afederal jury in Charleston ruled that they used illegal devices to steal DirecTV's satellite signal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1026
United States - If caught with an Unauthorized Acccount you shall be charged criminally with either an 'A' Class Misdemeanor, if the value is under $150 (roughly 3 months of Unauthorized service), or a 'C' Class Felony if over $150 . Manslaughter in the Second Degree with a motor vehicle is also a Class 'C' Felony.

Canada - Iit is an indictable offense. You shall be charged under either or both of the Canadian Criminal Code and the Radio Communications Act. You may even be charged with Wire Tap and/or Criminal Conspiracy !

In both countries you could serve time in jail! You are just as guilty, under the law, if you are aware of someone stealing cable or stealing satellite signal and do not report it.

Under current cable law and satellite law if the violations are willful, such as providing 'free' cable to a tennant or to create financial gain or commercial advantage, such as charging for the cable as part of the rent, the guilty party can receive fines of up to $500,000 and up to five years in prison for a first offense and don't forget the criminal record.

And the new Digital Millenium Copyright Act is even tougher on signal thieves

Pursuant to both American and Canadian Federal Law - the reception of satellite TV or cable TV services without the authorization of the satellite or local cable operator operators is unlawful.

These Federal laws, in both countries, provide that any person who willfully intercepts or receives or assists in intercepting or receiving any communication service offered over a satellite or cable system, unless specifically authorized by a satellite or cable operator or as may otherwise be specifically authorized by law is guilty of an offense and shall be fined or imprisoned or both.

A cable operator who finds such a violation has the option, under existing cable law, to assess you up to $5,000US per illegal device or connection. They may bring an action in a civil court to obtain injunctions to restrain violators (permanent denial of sewrvice) and the award of damages, costs, and attorney fees.

Stealing cable is not only criminal, it causes interference to legitimate subscribers when a pirate hacks into the line. There are many safety hazards left by incompetent work or the risks involved with climbing a utility pole. The use of low quality cable and cheap components results in atmosphereic signal loss known as 'leakage'. This leakage effects fire, ambulance and police communications systems as well as airport navigation systems. Think about that for you next emergency.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1027
that was my research for the day. now lets get on a help topic rather then this

Silver Member

Post Number: 321

Hey what can I say, nice piece of info.I have no choice but to give you an A.
BTW
I thought that you was moving on? LOL to you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1031
You know me, back and forth...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6735
Congrats PRFRMNJ..just noticed the 1000 posts and Gold status...it means U are as stupid as me for hanging here so long...LOL...again , congrats and I'm sure everyone appreciates all your efforts and help...both English and Spanish speaking..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1033
Thanks LK! LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 1096
Nice peice of info by PRFRMNJ. The date on this decision is Mar 25, 2005, so fellow, don't get too anxious. One would need to do research to find out what happened afterwards. Was there an appeal? Was it successful? Have other jurisdictions "followed" the case or "distinguished" it? (these are two legal words for accepting or rejecting the legal reasoning in a subsequent trial). I do not have easy access to American Case law to be able to research this, perhaps PRFRMNJ will oblige, even out of interest in completeing the research.
Remember guys - Tape recorders, video recorders and now dvd recorders are a big business and in every case there is a technical theft involved at various levels. I submit that the DTV success in PRFRMNJ's post is a fairly uncommon interpretation of the law and that future litigation in this area may "distinguish" this case, i.e. not accept the reasoning. That's my tupence worth.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6742
All DSS legal proceedings and Pacer reports are at wumarkus.com...in that particular case, the ruling stood as it did in all cases with DTV and DN... Nobody has sucessfully defeated the sat providers yet in any legal proceedings..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1098
June 2006 posting from WuMrkus.com
The following is a paragraph from 'the last letter' from Joe to DTV.
Joe did not pay a cent in damages and only signed a 'confidential agreement' that was not biased against him.

'On a positive note though, JOE has only one lawsuit to battle unlike DIRECTV, who apparently has no apprehension with typing as DIRECTV has chosen to type and mail over 150,000 'extortion letters' to citizens of the United States. Of the 150,000 'extortion letters' that were mailed, oddly only about 24,000 persons were eventually sued and even more outlandish is the fact that only about 30 cases have made it to trial. This type of behavior is obviously an abuse of power and a total mockery of the justice system of the United States. Fortunately though, most of the Federal Judges across the country are becoming aware of DIRECTV'S sloppy litigation techniques, 'cookie cutter' lawsuits and complete ignorance of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.'

It goes to show that at best it is a bullying technique by Goliath against little David. In the long run this kind of bullying fails in enlightened societies. It further shows that there is very little legal basis for DTV's assault on the citizens.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6745
Thats TRUE, MANY people settled and payed the damages usually about $3500, which is cheaper than what lawyer fees would be..

Many others, ignored the 1st and 2nd notices to appear, and were issued "default" judgements against them of about $3000-$5000, to which there is NO recourse or appeals!

Also MANY, "rolled over" and signed confidential agreements to remain anonymous, allowing the DSS providers to catch "Bigger" fish..

The largest part of ALL these cases were against the "end user", common people who someone at their shipping address once purchased a programmer and/or a DSS card, and NOT cases against dealers!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1099
I would still emphasize the last sentence in "joe v. DTV" above.

"Fortunately though, most of the Federal Judges across the country are becoming aware of DIRECTV'S sloppy litigation techniques, 'cookie cutter' lawsuits and complete ignorance of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure."

History of tape/video/dvd copying is in favour of the ordinary guy. Copying "for personal use" was never a crime, and making machines that would copy "for personal use" is not only NOT a crime but a huge industry. FTA industry is in its infancy but getting stronger.

QED

Silver Member

Post Number: 277

Guys Guys
Enough with your endless comments
The first few lines say not to leave comments
If you got any questions go to a different thread
Let's leave this thread for reference
I was working on brand new materials and so far very dicouraging
So courtesy keep this thread comment free
You are welcome to post anything helpful so please read my top instructions
This thread is about to be filled away and they deleted some of my other posts already
You can ask anything you want and we'll share it together just look for thread "Ask king Here"
Thank you and have a happy new year

Gold Member

Post Number: 6748
The legals aspects of "testing" are as important as the simple technical aspects of FTA...and members here should be made aware of any risks they maybe be incurring and possible penalties..and it was U who initiated this conversation when U posted...

Intercepting a beam of radio of any sort in your Backyard is no Civil Violation Purchasing a third party MPEG-2 receiver is no Crime either
Modifying your own property any way or shape nothing wrong either

so please don't dictate when to end our discussions that u initiated..

Silver Member

Post Number: 280
See below is the kind of posts I like to see more of. I like the reader to have an easy search for more and more. Not everyone read and post his/her opinion there are so many readers that prefer to read very quietly. If there is a few now later will be many. You don't have to intercept any illegal signal there are may clear signals and let me tell you there are so many ways and techiques to amplify very very low signals the reward is if it actually plays on your TV screen this is the space faring I'm talking about what is the big deal on saving $50 or $100 a month of your Satellite bill is that going to make you any rich. 30 years ago TV broadcast is not the same as today imagine 10,20,30 from now look at the yearly developement why can't you and me be part of this space faring.

We all got skills and we all can do even better. You don't have to pirate anything. I told everyone I don't even watch premium TV. Money I'm sure is not the only issue we are worried about.

I'm here because I would like to grow this hobby if one or two people want to ex-change information with me that is good for me if I'm the only dog barking here I will quietly leave. Look again this forum says Satellite TV and this is the #1 forum like it or not. I want to thank LK, DSS Comm, SatScanner (for offering free ex-change of helpful info) DSS Comm for he is the only one who answered my only Trivia question Too bad he is no longer here with us but maybe will join me later when he grows-up a little. LK I hope it is ok with you to post this.
Stay tuned

Silver Member

Post Number: 281
Posted by LK
Author Thread: Dish Pointing Tips and links to calculators

LK
Gold Member

Post Number: 6647
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 03:11 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dish Pointing Tips

To get a signal, the satellite dish must be pointed directly at the satellite, with NO obstructions between the two. This means NO trees and NO buildings. Take into consideration future tree growth, house remodeling or additions and new construction in your area.

The satellite signal WILL NOT PASS through leaves or branches.
Use Satellite Look Angle calculators to determine the proper dish angles.

Finding a Clear Line of Sight

Get yourself a good compass, the best you can afford. Check the "Azimuth" and "Elevation" ...

Locate at least one site on your property that has a clear view to the satellite.

Do you have at least one clear view to the satellite? Remember, no trees, leaves, or buildings can be between the dish and the satellite.

If the answer is NO, your site may not be suitable for installing the satellite system.

If the answer is MAYBE, you may want to contact a local digital satellite dealer for information about having a professional installer conduct a thorough site survey.

If the answer is YES, your site should be suitable for installing the system. Go ahead to the next section of these instructions.

Where Is Intelsat America 5 Satellite?

The satellite is always located south of Texas. That means if you live in Florida, you must have a clear line of sight to the southwest; if you live in California, you must have a clear line to the southeast.

Depending on where you live, the satellite will be at an elevation angle between 30 and 60 degrees. Southern states point more toward 60 degrees; northern states point more toward 30 degrees. Use our Satellite Look Angle calculator to determine your dish elevation and azimuth.

LNBF Polarization Tilt (skew):

Your LNB is marked with a label indicating the polarization tilt. Your local LNB polarity offset information varies by location. If you are in Houston, TX your LNB polarization is to be set at 0 degrees. But if you are on the California coast your LNB polarization could be as much as minus 30 degrees (clockwise rotation). And if you are in Maine your LNB polarization could be as much as plus 30 degree (counter-clockwise rotation). Peaking the dish and adjusting the polarity of the LNB will greatly improve your Signal Quality reading.

When adjusting your LNB, it's not going to be turned more than 31 degrees (unless you live in Hawaii). Also be sure you don't leave that LNB plastic bracket loose. The LNB won't pick up the satellite if the bracket is loose, and it's slightly off. Finally, when thinking about degrees, remember that 30 degrees is about 5 minutes on a clock. Don't turn the LNB too much!

Make certain that the pole or tri-mast assembly is vertically plumb. Check it with an Angle Finder or a level. If the pole or tri-mast is not plumb, your azimuth and elevation will not be accurate and will cause difficulty when pointing the dish. Also, if you are using a pole mount, make certain you pour a sufficient footing that will provide proper ballast. A pole that does not have sufficient ballast will lean over time, causing you to lose the signal. Your mount must be very strong and can not wobble. You must use at least 4 lag screws (correct size for your installation) in the base mount one on each corner.

When pointing the satellite dish, allow 5-10 seconds between any movements of the dish. This allows the receiver to complete a signal scan, and lock indicating that you have located the signal.

A reasonable signal strength is between 50 and 80. If it is lower than that range, you are either pointing into an object (e.g. trees, shrubs, or structures) or pointing above or below the satellite. Your antenna installation position must have a clear view angle of the satellite you are trying to receive.

There are other satellites within 2 degrees to the left or right that may use the same frequency. This will provide a strong signal strength reading but no signal quality or signal lock. If you have a high strength reading but are not able to lock on, try adjusting the dish slightly to the right or left.

When you are attempting to set up a satellite dish in a heavily wooded area or one with lots of man made obstructions, it helps to understand how the dish really works. One common misconception is that the dish points 'directly' at the satellite. This isn't the case for most dish designs. The apparent elevation of the dish is 15 or more degrees lower than it's actual receiving window. Have a look at this diagram.... it's easier to see it than it is to explain it.....

If you complete the above steps properly, your chance of a successful installation is 99.9%.

Be aware that when you have finished your mechanical installation and you are trying to aim your dish that the receiver waits about 3-5 seconds after it locks on to the correct signal before it registers on the receiver's signal meter on the antenna aiming screen on your TV. Move your dish in very small increments (2 deg East or West each instance until you find the signal then 1 deg to peak signal). If you move the dish too fast and do not pause between moves you might go thru the signal before the receiver can tell you that you are on the signal.

If you use a signal meter you can hook it into the system right at the dish and it responds to the signal immediately making it much easier to aim your dish. You do not need any one else to help you if you use a meter at the dish.

Compare Signal Strength and Quality
Zero Strength and Zero Quality:

If this is the symptom you are experiencing, then the receiver is currently not receiving the signal from the dish. Check all connections between your receiver and the dish. Make sure that they are all plugged in to the proper place and are tight.

One of the most common connection problems is to have the cable coming from the dish plugged in to the connection marked "In from Antenna," which is incorrect. The cable coming from the dish needs to be plugged in to the connection marked "In from Dish, Digital In, or LNB IN"

Also, the cables might have developed a short or might have gotten moisture in them, especially out at the dish. If this is a possibility, you may want to have an installer check the cables or take them to an installer yourself.

0-30 Strength and Zero Quality:
If you are experiencing these levels of strength and quality, you are getting only noise signals. Make sure that there are no obstacles between the dish and satellite.

40-60 Strength and Zero Quality:
With this level of strength and a lack of quality, it is very likely that the dish has moved since its initial installation or you are still off alignment. We recommend going through the Dish Installation pointing steps and finding the satellite signal again. This will likely take just a few minor adjustments of the dish since it should not have moved very much. Key causes for this problem include bolts not being tightened properly, heavy winds, or the dish being struck or bumped by something. Once the signal has been found again, make certain all bolts are tightened well.

We also recommend that once you have everything tightened down and have your signal back, make a mark from the cap mount to the pole with paint or some other permanent substance. This will give you a reference point, should any future problems occur. You can also make a mark on the side of the cap mount where your elevation markings are imprinted.

40-60 Strength and 30-70 Quality:
This level of strength and quality indicates that the dish needs to be fine-tuned to the satellite. You may have noticed that prior to getting the "Bad or No Signal" message your picture was occasionally blotchy and your audio may have been out of sync with the picture. These are all symptoms of the need to fine-tune the dish. Optimum signal quality is between 70 and 100.

TIP: You can fine-tune your dish by going back to the signal strength screen. While the signal bar is running, have someone out at the dish. He will need to loosen the collar that holds the LNB. This is done by slightly loosening the two screws that hold the collar together. Once these screws are loose, slowly twist the LNB a fraction of an inch. After each movement allow 5 seconds for the receiver to register the change and update your quality reading. If the quality readings immediately begin to get lower while the adjustments are being made, then the LNB needs to be turned in the other direction. Once the LNB fine tuning is complete, tighten the two screws on the LNB collar. You may then complete the scan by pressing START.

Satellite Finders (Look Angle Calculators)
-------------------------------------------------
[link removed]

What is the easiest way to aim a dish?? ...

This is the most asked question, and the most common problem. I will tell you my technique, which I believe is the easiest. This is not the only way to aim a dish, but I find it the least confusing.

The problem with FTA irds is that you will see signal and quality on all DBS satellites. 61.5, 82, 91, 110, 119, 148....all of these operate on the same frequency, so when you are aiming at one of them, and you find another, you will see a quality signal. Of course, if you are aimed at the wrong bird, all you will get is "scrambled or bad channel" or a bunch of "ghost channels" and duplicates.

So, here is what I do to avoid confusing the birds...

1. Flash the ird with the newest flash.

2. Load a channel list with the sats you will be trying to get. I always do this because it helps with the aiming technique later. If you prefer scanning, after you find the birds, you can delete all your channels and scan away. BUT...load up a channel list in the beginning.

3. Set the default key just in case it doesn't set automatically.

4. Connect ONE LNB at a time. Do NOT use your switch yet. Run a cable directly from ONE LNB to your receiver.

5. In the menu, make sure all your diseqc settings are at OFF.

6. Now, pick the sat you are going to aim at. Connect this cable directly to the receiver, and tune to a channel on this sat. Example: trying to hit BEV 91?...tune to TSN. By doing this, the correct tp will be picked automatically. Again, no confusion! Some tps may not have anything on them, and so if you have your receiver set to a blank tp, then you will never find signal, even if you find the bird!! That's another reason why this method is easiest (I think).

7. Use a satfinder program to get your coordiates. This can be found in this section of these forums.

8. Go and move your dish SLOWLY. When a picture appears, then you know you have found the correct bird. If you hit a different DBS bird, then you will not get a picture....so no confusion. Once you get a picture, then use the receiver's signal meter to fine tune the signal.

9. Move onto the next sat. Connect it directly, and follow the above directions. Do one sat/LNB at a time until all the sats have been found.

10. Incorporate your switch, and adjust your diseqc settings in the menu accordingly.

11. Enjoy TV...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1035
While this is a subject I can speak about I won't continue to do so, or we will end up with the forum being nothing but -- well you get the point. However, when a case is decided it becomes what's known as "Case Law" case law is in no way binding on any court however serves as a presedence for other litigations. The term "Distinguish" is used in court by litigators to argue if there was a case in which the presedence set by the original case was not followed.

So this is where I drop this and if anyone wants more details or have any questions, then PM me and we can talk about this off the forum.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1125
People ask "Is my FTA receiver compatible with Dishpro" or "My viewsat does keeps on shutting off after a couple of minutes"
Many DN installations with DN receiver for 110W and 119W have a DP34 switch. This switch is powered by the DN supplied receiver. When you disconnect the DN receiver and attach a FTA receiver such as a Viewsat or a Pansat 2700, you are more than likely to run into power supply problems.
The solution is to keep the KN reciever on and attach the FTA receiver to Port 2. Or alternatively, apply a separate power to Port 1 of the DP34 switch.

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
This is not the kind of post I like to discuss in this corner it will create many posts with so many opinions. I will answer it along with anyone else who wants to give his/her opinion

But it is a good question
just move to "Ask King"
Top 100 posts about to be filed into archives and I was getting started to post few more
Thanx for your understanding

Gold Member

Post Number: 6804
With Dish Pro (DP) LNB's and DP switch, U do NOT need a 2nd receiver powered ON!....U can simply use a FTA receiver...U do with Dish Pro Plus (DPP) LNB's, but NOT DP LNB's!

BTW.."Is my FTA receiver compatible with Dishpro?", does NOT require a DP 34 switch or ANY switch if a single LNB and receiver...and can use disque switches if multiple LNB's and receivers with FTA!...its not a switch question , it was a LNB question!

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
Answer to Trivia post#269 by King "Tapeman"

"How fast Satellite speed must be to remain in same spot at same time"
Upload
Keep in mind Earth moves around its axis at a speed rate of 1000 MPH
Answered by DSS Comm post #80
For a Sat 23,000 miles above earth to maintain a "geostationary" orbit. The speed is around 7000 MPH.

Share this with your kids you will be surprised with their fascination. I will have complete simple step by step directly below

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
Upload
Earth circumference is 24900 Miles around the Equator
Simple 6th grade mathematic equations
Earth radius can be calculated as following
C=2 x Pi x R
R= C/(2x3.14)
R earth = 24900/ 6.28 = 3965 almost 4000 Miles
R sat = 23000+4000= 27000 Miles

C=2 x Pi x R
C sat = 2x 3.14x 27000 = 169560 Miles
C earth=24900 Miles

Speed = distance traveled / hour
Earth Speed = 24900 / 24 = 1037 about 1000 MPH
Sat Speed = 169560 / 24 = 7065 about 7000 MPH

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
Here is a good one for you
Someone lives in Quito Ecuador his house will move faster relative to earth motion than someone who lives in Toronto
Or someone who lives in Alaska his house moves a lot slower than someone in Florida.

Or some who lives in Denver because of the elevation faster than LK's house in New England. This is what happens LK when you joke about my earth speed

This is another good one
Someone here in NYC area just installed new larger tires asking me why am I going 3 miles faster? Makes perfect sense to me. Your speedometer will be slightly off depending on the radius of his tire

If you want to ask me something, follow thru or joke about it talk to me AT "Ask king here" thread. CHARCTERS ARE WELCOME

Gold Member

Post Number: 6826
How long is an elephants (10 years old) peenis that is in a Zoo in St Louis on the 3rd Tuesday in March at sunset in 2009?...after he has had dinner?...and while watching the animal planet channel with a FTA receiver?

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
I got the equations up there Length=2 x Pi x width
Why don't U calculate it yourself
But U need the width

Silver Member

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 630
And most important, what temperature?lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6835
I know!...it all depends if he had hot or cold Pi for dinner!...LMAO

More importantly, who will have a bowel movement first and why?.....Ben or Jerry?

King ...are U getting the drift here yet?...who cares about that BS in a satellite signal hacking forums whose members (95%) ONLY want to watch FREE TV? ...and without reading anything related to satellite hacking , nevermind your high school physical science 101 posts!!...Post things relative to Satellite TV hacking...or lets keep this site a free for all, and anything goes!

Its already Comedy Central,.. now its Algebra 1, Geometry, National Geographics, Correct use of "Proper" English, Space Travel, and who knows whats next!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6836
I myself love learning anything....but there is a time and place, and this is neither for most satellite hackers..an occassional "off subject" topic can happen but this is way out of hand..I don't think most come here to learn about the earths radiosu and P1...thats why we all went to grammar, high school, and then on to college for..to learn!...we are mostly here to learn satellite hacking and BS and have fun with each other and have an occassional exchange of info..

How appropriate and different would it be if EVEYBODY started their own thread in THESE SATELLITE TV FORUMS, about something they have knowledge and interest in?..for example

cooking
horses
colon cancer
pet grooming
auto mechanics
house building
knitting
golfing

King..U get my point yet?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1084
So what you're saying is:

If we take into consideration the Geopolitical status of the MiddleEast and then multiply that by the square root of 69 and then you divide that by the Axis of Evil - Can you still take a flight from New York to LA?????

Gold Member

Post Number: 6838
Depends on the sunset, and again if before or after dinner..and if U had Pi for dessert!...LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 1090
Darn I didn't calculate that in my equation! LMAO

Username: Guest6306

Pickerington, Ohio USA

Post Number: 1
LK- you wrote"
Heres the config for Dishnet receivers using sw21 switch...so with FTA, simply just use the FTA receivers and 2 disque switches instead of sw21...or if ONLY 1 receiver connect both the 500 and 300 cable to 1 disque switch..

Then input the correct antenna/dish receiver settings..119-port1, 110- port2, 3rd lnb-port3...11250 freq, scan all, 22 off, etc".

Do you need to run two cables from DishPro LNBF (Dish500), and onc cable from Dish 300 (61.5) to connect to DisEq Switch?

Normally one cable is enough from Dish500 if you are connecting one Recevier.

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 6846
Guest...all Dish 500's are NOT the same!...some have 2 Dual legacy LNB's (which require an external disque switch then cable to receiver for FTA , unless co*olsat or viewsat FTA (they accept SW switches)...and some are Dish 5000 Dish Pro (DP) Twins (which U can run 1 cable directly to either a DP Dishnet receiver or any FTA receiver and receive 2 sats 110-119)

and with DP twin LNB or 2 duals LNB's on either Dish 500, and a 2nd dish with 61.5, U will DEFINITELY need a disque switch...UNLESS U have a Dish Pro Plus (DPP) LNB which has 2 outputs and 1 input (for 2nd dish) on a Dish 1000, then U run 2 single cables directly to 2 receivers because need 2 receivers connected to power the DPP lNB's..

Username: Guest6306

Pickerington, Ohio USA

Post Number: 2
LK-
I am getting Dish500 with Dishpro Twin LNB. I have Dish300 with Legacy LNB pointing at 61.5.
I am using one Fortec Ultra receiver. Do I need to run two cables from Dish500 to DisEq switch?

Thanks for your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6849
no 1 cable from thge twin,into port #1....run cable from 61.5 into port#3....leave port # 2 empty on switch..BUT in antenna/dish receiver settings

119- #1...dish pro...11250..power On
110- #2...dish pro...11250...power on
61.5 -#3...standard..11250...etc

Gold Member

Post Number: 6850
Run ONLY 1 cable from the DP Twin into port #1 in disque switch....run cable from 61.5 into port#3....leave port # 2 empty on switch..BUT in antenna/dish receiver settings:

119- #1...dish pro...11250..power On
110- #2...dish pro...11250...power on
61.5 -#3...standard..11250...etc

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
I just think these 2 dishes are Kool
Upload
Wave Frontier Toroidal T90 Dish w LNBFs
Main Reflector: 38"x 43"
Sub Reflector: 14"x33"
Weight: 31 Lb
Polarization: Circular and Linear
Operating Frequency: 10.70 - 12.75 GHz
Multi Sat Range: 40 degrees in arc
Band Gain @ 12.5 G Hz: 39dbW - 40 dbW
Price: $230.00 USD

Wave Frontier T55 Multi LNB Dish w LNBFs
Main Reflector: 34"x 38"
Sub Reflector: 13"x33"
Weight: 28 Lb
Polarization: Circular and Linear
Operating Frequency: 10.70 - 12.75 GHz
Multi Sat Range: 40 degrees in arc
Band Gain @ 12.5 G Hz: 39dbW - 40 dbW
Price: $190.00 USD

Stay tuned I'm working on few great topics

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
Upload

Silver Member

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 716
All those lnb's and switches=big money.Cheaper to go with a motor and universal quad lnb.I remember awhile back someone posting a pic of a donut dish from a scandiavian country with lnb's underneath it,that was really different.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1194
I can find time to watch all the channels I have available with 110 and 119. I can't imagine what I would do to watch everything that comes in with that setup! I'd have to quit my job just to watch tv. LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 374

Hey PR
You are right about that, but,it's also
nice to have a choice of channels from
around the world.When we have friends
over from other countries they enjoy watching TV from their homeland.
And for the ones here that are doing this for a hobby it's very interest to scan in new satellites.This time SS hit the nail on the head,Motorized Dish is
the way to go.
}

Bronze Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 32
Am I correct in thinking that alot of the sats carry the same channels.. Some more some less? If so ..talk about watching the same thing EVERYWHERE! And they say there is NOTHING on to watch on TV. LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
95% of my posts are straight hobbyist very few people will find any of my searches with any significant value for FREE TVeers just like the big man said

For free TV
Scanner got it right
- Get a simple 18 or 20" dish with 2 or Twin LNBs $80
- Horizontal Motor $60
- VUSat receiver $170
- Watch American, Canadian & International PAY PER VIEW AND p0*rn of the Air PRICELESS

With the same 20" dish you can point to:
- 110/119
- 82/91
- 61.5 or 148

Since you can't watch all at same time what is the rush it takes a minuet for motor to change direction
What else U need to watch?

YOU MAY POST ANY QUESTIONS AT "Ask King Here"
I'm only here for few more days

Gold Member

Post Number: 1197
Kevin - Indeed. I also posted (not sure if it was here or the other King's Corner) instruction on how to install motorized dish.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1198
Here is the info I had posted on that:
C/P
Motors

STAB /USALS motor (also called DiSEqC 1.3) move the dish using the remote control of your FTA receiver. This is done by connecting a standard coax from the receiver to the motor and a second coax from the motor to the LNB. The motor is powered by the receiver.

To install a motor, you need to know what direction is due south. This is not the same as due south according to a compass. You need to know the exact direction of the South Pole from your location. There are four ways to do this:

The first method is to use the sun. The earth is divided up into 24 time zones. In each of those zones, the sun is at the highest point in the sky (true south from the Northern Hemisphere) at exactly 12 Noon--1 p.m daylight savings time. There are some things to consider: First is that if you live on the eastern edge of your time zone, the sun will be at true south at 11:30 AM (12:30PM DST) and if you live on the western edge of your time zone, the sun will be at true south at 12:30 PM (1:30PM DST). Some time zones, such as the Alaska time zone, cover areas that would normally cover three or four time zones. This method would not be advised since the sun could be at true south as late as 3:00 PM if you live in far enough west.

The second method is using a compass and calculator. Find out the magnetic deviation of your location. The magnetic deviation is the difference between magnetic north and true north. Let's assume your magnetic deviation is 17 degrees. That means that true south will be 17 degrees off from magnetic south. Point your compass to magnetic south and your true south will be 17 degrees from that point.

The third method works if you live in the western or Midwestern US or Canada, where city streets are aligned according to a north-south/east-west grid. Many cities in western North America (with a few exceptions) have a layout that looks like a checkerboard. The main streets run either north, south, east, or west.. If you live in a city with that sort of a layout, you are at an advantage. True south parallels the nearest north-south main street to the south. If you live in San Antonio, Los Angeles, or San Francisco, this method might not be best.

The fourth method involves using Microsoft Streets and Trips or some other electronic atlas program. This is actually the easiest if the three others fail.

Now that you have determined true south from your location, here is the reason why it is important to line up with true south:

Once you locate your true south, this is the zero point of your HH motor. Of course, if you aim your dish at that point, you may or may not get a signal because there may or may not be a satellite at that location.

What you need to do after determining your zero point is determine which satellite is closest to this point. This is entirely dependent on your longitude. If you are fortunate enough to live at 91 west or 119 west, then you have it easy. But most people are not that lucky.

Find the satellite closest to your zero point and subtract that value from the longitude of your zero point. For instance, your zero point (site longitude) is 149.5 and your nearest satellite is 148. 149.5 -- 148 = 1.5.

In this case, you would need to manually set your motor to 1.5 degrees away from the zero point. Since 148 is east of 149.5, you need to set the motor 1.5 degrees to the east of the zero point on the motor. These values are not shown on the motor so you will have to estimate.

When you have your motor set to the correct deviation from true south, you can now go outside and try to tune that satellite in the same way you would try to point for a fixed dish. Leaving the elevation bolt loosened enough to move the dish up and down; and leaving it loose enough on the pole to move it left and right, steer the dish until you get a signal. Remember that it is very important not to operate the motor while you try to locate this satellite!

Once you have a strong signal and have verified that the signal is indeed your "pointer satellite" and not some other satellite nearby, you can then tighten the bolts to hold the dish firmly in place. Hook up the motor to the FTA receiver and manually move the dish motor to see if any other satellites come in as the dish pans the arc.

NOTE: I do not take credit for the information above, but rather for the time and research in finding the information. I have edited the information to cut out information that really didn't apply.

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
New Satellite 118.7°W FSS
All 110/118.7/119/129°W Require Circular Polarity
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 7139
118.7 info...posted last June!...king, U're a little late...LOL

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=723993#MT

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
KING pay the troll no mind.. Your messages are both informative and interesting..

LK is jealous because he nothing more then another TDG mouth piece

PLUS+++++

Beats the dog chit out of seeing the word "bump" or a list of wanna-be fta sites poster over and over...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1408
DSS - WTF is your problem? LK just posted a link showing the info King was posting and trying to find out more on. You've got some issues....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
Hey PRFRMNJ get LK's butt outta your face and you will see some light.. This is the problem... LK is the Problem... He thinks he runs this site... BUT...He has no control and no right telling anyone what they should post..

Quote LK

myself love learning anything....but there is a time and place, and this is neither for most satellite hackers..an occassional "off subject" topic can happen but this is way out of hand..I don't think most come here to learn about the earths radiosu and P1...thats why we all went to grammar, high school, and then on to college for..to learn!...we are mostly here to learn satellite hacking and BS and have fun with each other and have an occassional exchange of info..

How appropriate and different would it be if EVEYBODY started their own thread in THESE SATELLITE TV FORUMS, about something they have knowledge and interest in?..for example

cooking
horses
colon cancer
pet grooming
auto mechanics
house building
knitting
golfing

King..U get my point yet?

So hop back on that the rocking horse you rode in on and ride out...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1411
My point being you get back today and next thing you know you're looking to start with him. If you've left him alone for the last whatever time you've been gone then leave him alone know. I don't need to fight his battles, he fights them rather well. But I call it as I see it and you are the one starting crap now.

That's been long past and people like you can't just let shiit die. If all you are here is to start something, then prepare youself to hear it from those of use who are here for something different.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7143
NJ...I just ignore the child!...he doesn't belong here, and ONLY wants trouble and attention here obviously...he hasn't earned any respect and his posts do NOT warrant a reply...he's a child only seeking attention, treat him like one,...Ignore him!...at least thats what i'm going to do from now on...he's dead as far as I'm concerned..doesn't even exist!...and I have no need to explain or defend myself against any dirtball here..

BTW...we're cool..

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
How can I understand Hexadecimal numbers in Conditional Access Codes used by the micro processor.
Please be aware few people will understand this
You can learn first hand directly from King.
So any time you post keys you know what they are for

Binary is 1 or 0 (1-bit)
Decimal=Deca=10 or 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
Hexadecimal = HexDeca = 16 Numbers= 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,C,D,E,F
Nibble= 4 bits = 1 HexDec Digit = ½ Byte
Byte= 8 bits = 2 Nibbles= 2 HexaDecimal digits

Hexadecimal Representation
0=0000=0
1=0001=1
2=0010=2
3=0011=3
4=0100=4
5=0101=5
6=0110=6
7=0111=7
8=1000=8
9=1001=9
A=1010=10
B=1011=11
C=1100=12
D=1101=13
E=1110=14
F=1111=15

0100 1100= 4C in HexaDecimal
So let say we have a large binary number what is its Hex representation:
1100 0110 1001 0101 0011 1111 1101 0111 0010 1010 1000 0010 0100 1011 1110 0001
C6 95 3F D7 2A 82 4B E1
The above example consists of 64-bit, 8-Bytes or 16 Nibbles

Biggest growth in Digital Electronics depends on:
- How fast the microprocessor?
- How large its memory?

Anytime a limited performance can be directly related to microprocessor speed or capacity. All microprocessor magic work is handled thru its memory whether internal or external MP has internal registry and a register is also Memory. Memory can be formed by cross coupling NAND gates to form a Flip-Flop. Memory Devices are very easy to understand.

The patterns of Memory depending on number of Flip-Flops=FF
1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 etc.
1k=1024 flip-flop (not 1000) similarly 1M=1048576 flip-flop (not 1,000,000)

Let say you got a classroom of 1024 students
You can arrange chairs as:
128 x 8 or 64 x 16 or any combination (rows and columns)
Rows will be Memory Address Columns will be Data contents

Programming the microprocessor requires Memory Address and data contents

This is a sample address from a spoof program $ Means Memory Address

$8000=
$8010=
$8020=
$8030=
$8040=
$8050=
$8060=
$8070=
$8080=
$8090=
$80A0=
$80B0=
$80C0=
$80D0=

I will continue on if anyone keeps up with me
If you have questions look for "Ask King Thread"
DO YOU WANT TO WRITE YOUR OWN bin PROGRAM?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1343
Sequential memory addresses usually contain one byte at each location.
Remember One byte = two nibbles = 2 hex digits.
A decimal 2 digit number has a value of 00 to 99, i.e. 100 possible number or 10 x 10 possible numbers.
A hex 2 digit number has a value of 00 to FF, i.e. a possible 100 hex or 256 decimal variations. Since one hex digit can have 16 possible numbers, two digits can have 16 x 16 = 256 decimal variations.
Here is an example of contents of 16 consecutive memory locations.

Location Number
$ 8040'.0F
$ 8041'.E6
$ 8042'.29
$ 8043'.BE
$ 8044'.9F
$ 8045'.EF
$ 8046'.41
$ 8047'.11
$ 8048'.A4
$ 8049'.C8
$ 804A'.40
$ 804B'.3A
$ 804C'.D3
$ 804D'.A3
$ 804E'.58
$ 804F'.26

Gold Member

Post Number: 1406
Relationship between software execution speed and processor speed.
In general, it can be said that a slower processor will execute software slower than a faster processor. Thus a processor running at 100MHz is slower than one running at 160MHz. The slowing can even be proportional if they are identical processors at different speeds.
One cycle in a 100MHz processor is 10 nanoseconds.
However, different processors can be running at 100MHz speeds and yet the execution time can be different. This is because, speed of execution of individual instructions in different processors is different. A simple instruction such as loading a value in the accumulator,
LD AL, 7F ; load value 7F in the register AL
may take 3 cycles in one processor and 4 cycles in another.
This processor A has executed the instruction in 30 nanosecond, and processor B has executed it in 40 nanoseconds. In a typical subroutine call you have to account for this kind of dis-similarity a million times. That means that the difference of 10 nanoseconds translates to 10 x 1 million nanoseconds or 10 miliseconds.
I hope you will now have a better idea, how two pieces of software which seem to be doing an identical job, may take different time even though the processor speeds are identical.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1411
Coder write code to suit the needs of the function to be carried out. Sometimes they are hampered by availability of space, i.e. the amount of memory they can use to achieve an objective. Sometimes the speed of execution is paramount.
Let us see what happens when two coders create software to achieve identical goals.
Coder A restricted to the amount of memory he can use, writes code in as few bytes as he can, but this code has too many loops in it and the overall execution is slow.
Coder B is not hampered by memory constrains and writes code to achieve the same goal but with much fewer loops and calls. Although the codes is larger, the whole function executes faster than that of coder A.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1415
Coder sometimes use translators, particularly when programming in Assembly or machine language. These translations are never code efficient or speed optimised. Their main value lies in coming out with a solution very very quickly by translating somebody's else's code. They would go back to the translation and tidy it up for space and speed. Even with the use of C++ code, different compilers give different machine code which varies in space requirements and speed efficiency.

Silver Member

Post Number: 407
Great job Nalin
In your post 1343 it applies for an 8-bit MP
I think we're both aliens but great to know your from my same school EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM IS A SPOONER.
All they care is what is the latest bin.

I got something nice
Anyone interested to know:
- What logic do they use to find keys?
- Who makes these bin programs?
- Why or What is their objective?
In down to earth explaination

Silver Member

Post Number: 450
The purpose of this post is for education purpose
I have no intention to hack into any secured system or to train someone on how to
You can google and yahoo as much as you want but what I'm about to show you can only be learned from "King's Corner"
It breaks my heart to read credible posts by great knowledgeable people that has no foundation in Electronics. I'm not hear to criticize no one. But to set the correct Electronics terminology.

Digital Video Broadcasting
Digital TV transmissions used by DTV is QPSK.
(Quadrature Phase shift Keying) is a phase modulation algorithm.
Quad means 4 representing 4 encoding phases is a way to send multiple bit at a time

A digital DVB (MPEG-2) standard by all Digital Broadcasters
Receiver must detect what the FEC (Forward Error Correction)
What is the sample bit rate for required PID codes when more channels are in a multiplex
MCPC. Multiple Channel Per Carrier used for Direct to home Broadcasting,
For one channel in a multiplex, it is called SCPC (Single Channel Per Carrier).
PID codes are Program Identification Data, Receiver has to know which data is for which channel and what audio data and what is video is etc.,

- People often confused between RAM and ROM that's OK even Engineers
But this is what I tell you:
If you can write to it is a RAM even if it non-volatile. Whether if it access card, internal or external memory etc. If it has data line input. It is a RAM call it scratch pad. If it is meant for the purpose of variable data, I repeat it is a RAM.

If it is meant to operate to run programs even if required to reprogram or re-update it is a ROM
The bottom line if it is RAM or ROM there is only one way to read them via Address Memory Location. They are both can be accessed and read its contents.

- Secondly for the record I want you to know that Nagravision wasn't easy to break. I personally thought it was a lot harder than any Encryption Code. As for Videoguard it is a toy comparing to Nagravision.

Therefore I'm writing this post to clear few basic fundamental theory
What information/tools did they use to hack into and where about:
- Subscription Program Service specifications: Sounds like RAM to me
- Conditional Access: Sounds like Microprocessor and Assembly programming
- Decoder Receiver: Need to be compatible to MPEG-2 and/or QPSK
- Dish, LNBs, Cables: Piece a cake

Some of the Primitive Conditional Access Providers
Mode 1 = Free To Air
Mode 2 = Key Encrypted they are perhaps 7 or 8 Decimal digits
(not in Hexadecimal)

- VideoGuard (by NDS) 0x0900
- Viaccess (by France Télécom) 0x0500
- Seca Mediaguard (by Canal+ Technologies) 0x0100
- Wegener Compel (by Wegener Communications) 0x300

Some of the Modern Conditional Access Providers
Mode 0 = Free To Air
Mode 1 = Session Word (12 to 16 digits in Hexadecimal)
Mode E = Encrypted Session Word (12 to 16 digits in Hexadecimal)

- Nagravision (by Kudelski) 0x1800
- Digicipher (by Motorola) 0x0700
- PowerVU (by Scientific Atlanta) 0x0E00
- Irdeto (by Irdeto Access BV) 0x0600
- Cryptoworks (by Philips) 0x0D00
- Conax (by Conax SA)
- Codicrypt (by Scopus) 0x2200
- RAS (Remote Authorisation System) (by Tandberg) 0x1000
- MDS 0x2500
- KeyFly (by SIDSA)
- Betacrypt (by Comvenient GmbH / Beta Technik) 0x1700
- AccessGate (by Telemann) 0x4800
- BISS (Basic Interoperable Scrambling System)
(by European Broadcasting Union) 0x2600

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
One more week before I go back to Nigeria
Time for just one more topic
I'll make it a good one

Silver Member

Post Number: 496
Thank you for releasing King's corner
« Previous Thread Next Thread »