Archive through December 27, 2006

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 135

In this thread I will be posting new original references. Fewer readers will find this helpful so please do not look for new keys or latest bins here. I will appreciate if you don't post any unrelated issues. If you have any QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, JOKES OR THREATS just create a new thread and Ask King. Others may also want to participate to answer any questions you may need. I'm trying a newer approach to help using available resources. Thanx for your support.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
DTV Phase I is 1 SAT 101°W
DTV Phase II is 2 SAT 110/119°W
DTV Phase-2 Plus is 2 SAT 110/119°W with a third SAT option
DTV Phase-2 Plus as 3 SAT 101/110/119°W
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
DTV Phase-3 is 3 SAT 101/110/119°W
DTV AT9 MPEG-4 Ku/Ka is a 5 SAT 101/103/105/110/119°W
New DTV International is a 35" 1-SAT 95°W
Because of its size it can be also use for 4-Sats or more with good alignment
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
DN 300 is a 1 SAT can be used for either 110°W or 119°W
DN 500 is 2 SAT 110/119°W
DN 1000 is 3 SAT 110/119/129°W
Super Dish is a 35" 3-SAT 105/110/119°W or 110/119/121°W
Because of its size it can be also use for 4-Sats or more with good alignment

HD is an MPEG-4 Ku by either Provider
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
I would like to express one of my views and this is just my personal opinion, don't take it as a Gospel please.

Intercepting a beam of radio of any sort in your Backyard is no Civil Violation Purchasing a third party MPEG-2 receiver is no Crime either
Modifying your own property any way or shape nothing wrong either
Sharing any knowledge on the internet advising others is Our Civil Liberty

With all of these you are driving a Space Faring. Such Hobbies and Activities are the seeds that will grow our knowledge into Space Businesses and Industries. They are so much fun and great participation in Space Exploration and Development to all Generations.

But I really don't like to see anyone extending this beyond the Primary goal of Space Hobby. Meaning don't use this superior knowledge for a personal gain. Such as:
Selling these devices for profit Publicly or Private
That is Criminal. And I will not personally share or exchange anything with any known Criminal Among Us.

Let's keep it all Clean Space Hobby
I got such terrific information in Progress
Stay tuned
p/s Anything I do is my own Development

Good Luck to all of Us.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 112
Great pic's, great info, and great incite.

I cant wait to see more from you welcome to the forum!

Silver Member
Username: Hanz

Post Number: 144
Fantastic stuff!

Silver Member
Username: Dude123

Post Number: 829
Great pictures/posts, lets make this thread usefull with only information like posted above, there are alot of other threads for keys, bin files, and how to guides. Refer to those threads if you have any general questions.

Great work King, keep it up!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6099
Just curious..whats the difference between a DTV Phase 2 Plus and a Phase 3 dish?

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 358
I think phase three has a built in switch,can't remember what kind thou.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 359
Need some help locating a older file/link,sometime awhile back on a other site ,can't rememeber which one, there was a file on modding a dp322.I had it saved on my old pc that I don't have anymore and have tried all the other sites were I think I might of got it but can't find it.It might have been deleted or disapeared with some of the sites durring the last ecm durring the summer .Any and all help is appreciated.Thanx

Gold Member

Post Number: 6100
Oh I know about the phase 3 and yes it does have a built in switch...I have aligned and setup a few (nightmare) and ONLY gets 1 Bev and 1 DN sat (unless U add more LNB's)...but never heard of this "phase 2 Plus" dish... I will do some homework and find out myself...I thought "King" could answer me since he posted this thread and the pics and this is the "ADVANCED" thread..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6101
I believe they are the same...the phase 2 plus is just older, and released in 1998,after the phase 2 (2 LNB dish)...the phase 3 was released in 2002..I was doing DTV hobby in the days of the phase 2 plus dish before the phase 3 dish, but NEVER heard it referred to as that..we just called it the triple LNB dish..the 3 LNB dishes are common now, and I have posted about them many times..but again I think they are the same dish with different terminologies , cause the phase 2 was a 2 LNB dish and then DTV added the word PLUS, when they added the 3rd LNB in 1998...and changed terminology when redesigned same dish but called it a phase 3 in 2002..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1015
King Tape: Please keep it up with more of your extremely informative posts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6104
U can get all this info at GOOGLE!

http://www.tech-faq.com/directv-satellite-dishes.shtml

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 364
Do you know were I can find the info on 322's ?

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 115
I found some info on Modding a DP322 for you.

I went HERE to find it.

Hope that helps

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 368
Thanks Jay. I checked dsstester but it seems to be removed from there.And being hashu the old one is gone I heard or was on the spy list?I'll try them again.thanx. If it were at dsstester,was hoping LK would know,and give a link.

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 369
Nothing but lots of ppl looking for the instructions on 322 modding,And i used to have it.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 240

King
Nice piece of work I will make a copy. I would like to see more of your work.
Hey LK I though you were leaving?
BTW What do you mean by[ U can get all this info at GOOGLE]? Man you just won't let it go.
Always looking to discredit someone.
Flatulant kitty said it best.
You are a sick puppy.
}

Bronze Member
Username: Park8817

Richmodn Hill/Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 20
I have a problem in 97W Globecast.
Some channels are blocked down with VIACCESS KEY ENCRYPTED. Do you have any Idea?

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
Yes LK you answered it
- dish it self is slightly differnt and bracket
- Phase3 started to use different circuit board and switch that allowes fewer transponders.
- Its LNBs not the greatest for FTA
Very few phase2+ available. My brother got it I got phase3

Gold Member

Post Number: 6107
kavin..The link I provided has much info with links to most any DTV or DN question....maybe that should explain , why I posted it!..and stated it came from Google because I don't want someone like U accusing me of plagurism and to BASH me as usual!...BTW, how is Sybil today?

King...yeah thats what I thought..basic same dish, ...just didn't ever remember using the old phase 2 plus name...maybe CRS is kickin in...lol

PDP...globecast is down for months, and viacess is another encryption like Nagra...look un "encrypt " in dictionary...U will only get Tue channels using a linear LNB and 30 inch dish on 97..

Sat...PM magic0 at dsstester, he has the mod , I'm sure..

Silver Member
Username: Crippledwarcook

Post Number: 136
Thrilly boy gets jealous when somebody else knows more then him...that's why he made that google comment...just ignore the fat fcuking idiot, last I heard, he's been busy trying to patch the leak in trailer roof..so he might be busy for the weekend...ROTF

Gold Member

Post Number: 1021
I think KING has a good idea, and let us have information right here on this site.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Why can't load any of DTV channels?

The following is a fact but it is still my personal view:

All providers broadcast standard defintion 4:3 as MPEG-2 for Video and AC3 for Audio both A/V industry standards even for DVD players and DVD discs that we all use. But DTV predates these standards they use a similar encoding modulation. They use QPSK instead of MPEG-2. Both encoding schemes use almost 50:1. This is an area that I know very well because I do this for a living.

Example:
Let say a hockey game of about 2 hours video taped on a digital format like DVcam if they broadcast it as is it will take about 30GB of digital video broadcast DVB. Where as if you encode to MPEG-2 & AC3 it will be down to 3G byte 10:1. Also encoding frame by frame requires compression in Mega pixels per frame similar to your digital photo camera 5MP or 6MP.
Now that it is encoded you need to decode it back so you need a decoder.

No Manufacturer that makes generic decoders like to bother with equipment that receives only QPSK the current encoding modulation for DTV instead of MPEG-2 and AC3 the current industry standards for SD by all providers.
But this doesn't mean they are safe forever may be for SD 4:3 standard broadcast. But for MPEG-4 HD is another ball game???
All providers today use MPEG-4 for HD

Any dish can point to their SATs 110 or 119 etc.
But 2 primary things you must have
- Decoder that can decode QPSK
- Keys for their conditional access (DSS Videoguard)

Therefore there is a lot more to see in HDTV for future FTA
No electronics code that can't be broken. It will be broken.

I assure you won't find this on Google!!!
Stay tuned for more

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
Courtesy of www-lygnsat-com
Hispasat 1C at 30.0°W
Measured in dbW
Select Beam
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
Courtesy of www-lygnsat-com
Intelsat Americas 5 at 97.0°W
Select Beam
Measured in dbW
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
What Radio Beam goes thru my Backyard
I'm sorry to tell you there are dozens of them
Each one in Mega Watts
Just like a light bulb measured in Watt or a laser beam (unit measurement is dbW)

Please be aware that all of my work is original coming straight from my keyboard even my physics equations and examples. NO COPYRIGHT YOU MAY USE THEM IN DIFFERENT FORUMS. Just don't claim it is your's. I do not read any Popular Science. This is me and my first name is King known as the Tape Man.

Db is Decibal
DbW is the Intensity strength relative to 1 Watt unit
This is like how bright the light bulb is?
Physics equation uses Log(10) to express a wide range between 10W to 1,000,000W
If you can refere to a public record on a map directly above you'll see zones measured in dbW. The highest Max is 60 dbW= 1M Watt=1,000,000W or the smallest is 10dbW=10W.

10 Log [Po/Pi.1W] ...... o=output i=input
Typical Frequency Modulation in Broadcast is 55 dbW
Your typical Linear or Circular LNB will reject any beam below 30dbW
If you are expecting a 35 dbW and loosing 5dbW due to alignment or crossed beams most likely are loosing several thousands of Watts your LNB may not be able to detect it.

Sound pressure level is 10 Log [po2/pi2] or 20 Log [po/pi]
So if you amplify a .01 V or 10mv to 2 Volts
Gain = 45 db

But don't worry your ear won't hear it because they are in GHz
Your ear can hear between 20 to 20,000 Hz or 20kHz
And You won't hear'm either because they are above our Light Spectrum Vision

SO I Dare Anyone tell me I can't intercept any Radio Beam in Backyard
The Beam is theirs but the Air is Mine
This is just like laser guided bombs
We are all Targets in this Space Age

Coming soon: How can I understand Hexadecimal numbers in Conditional Access Codes used by the micro processor.
Stay Tuned I got hundreds of Topics.
King

Username: Leon_kookie

Post Number: 2
LK STFU and leave this thread alone.. Everyone can clearly see your not even in the same league as King Tape..

Whats with you LK you loser... Why do you always have to sick that fat ghey azz head it ever damn thread on the site..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6119
dsscommunity...please come to dsscomunity.c*om and speak to me like that!...lets just see how big those balls and mouth really are!...and U will find out what LEAGUE I am in..and what LEAGUE U will NOT be in!...have U not ever seen the "warthog" in action, it will be interesting, if U are up to it mouthage!

also ...let it be known here and now...that I do NOT know dsscommunity NICK and he has 2 posts , and did iniative an UNPROVOKED BASHING on me for NO reason other than to ONLY start trouble...another admin with a new NICK here, strikes again!

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
I welcome LK and any other advanced users to share information here even if anyone got negative response. My objective is to be familiar with available resouces.

LK do me a favor just ignore some of these critics.
I learned few from everyone and I will do the best I can to share what I know. I'm not always right that's why I use a lot in my openion.

Post Number: 8
Damn I should have know it was Ghey azz Warthog... Can't believe for 2 years I didn't figure it out..

LK is warthog that Ghey azz mod that tried to corner sweeps

Silver Member
Username: Crippledwarcook

Post Number: 147
LOL at Lk the fcuking toughguy...you gonna give him an internet beating over at dsscomunity...you are quite the character fatboy..ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
If anyone got a useful subject let's discuss it
But other than that I feel like I'm been hijacked

Gold Member

Post Number: 6130
CWC...U are having a busy day today huh...how many more new nicks can U start today...dsscommunity was real original, especially since I have banned U there 10 times!...now U also have LK Suxs...U are getting lame with these nicks...hope Ecoustics and Charlie are giving U a little bonus for this extra OT U are puttin in now!....LMAO

BTW...I still have your IP and email addys..in case U forget!

Bronze Member
Username: Lkisanass

More c/p of the same thing over and over.

Silver Member

Post Number: 244

Hey CWC me again
I have notice that you keep calling LK FAT BOY.
I picture him being a litte guy.
Maybe around 5'7" about 135 to 150 lbs.
Usually litte guy have a BIG MOUTH.
}

Bronze Member

Reno you are very close I am pretty sure I still have a picture of the fool warthog I will have to dig it out... You will see how close you are..

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 373
Thanks for the connection Lk, will do.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
Where did everyone go?
Don't leave me alone!
I think I scared the schit on everyone with the IP address!
Is this another strike?
OK bring back CWC I won't ping him

Gold Member

Post Number: 6163
Don't be so nice to CWC and all his aliases!....do what U think is right!...I back U either way..

the kids are all back in school, thats why its quiet now...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6164
BTW...after 3 years here...its obvious whats going on and who is who...yeah the nicks may change but, thats all..

Pat close attention to the postings of some specific people, U will see OBVIOUS trends...by hours, days of the week, times, etc..U will get to know who is who and when admins switch shifts...

Bronze Member
Username: Lksuxit

Post Number: 19
More dillusions LK, you and all your nicks have lost your mind(s). Start posting, I bet you can hit 6200 posts before chow time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
LK Suxit... LMAO

You on a roll...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1024
King Tape: You must know by now that there are people who revel in ruining a thread. It is sad to see that this thread should also get the same fate as others.
However, I want you to know YOU ARE NOT ALONE. People read what you want to post. during the shut down in July,August, September, I never gave up and was heard.
Please continue.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6174
Thats very good advice,..best I have ever heard from U...seriously!

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 401
Yes, peace in fta land .

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
SW21
It allows connecting one satellite receiver to two single LNBs to pick up two satellits, such as 110/119, 91/82, etc.
Great solution for FTA receiver with Legacy Switch option, e.g. VUsat, Koolsat, Paansat, etc.
Make sure to power off your receiver before connecting the switch to prevent damage
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
SW21
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
SW22
Allows you to combine the signals from 2 different satellites into one FTA satellite receiver. Compatible to all receivers with 22khz Tone, ToneBurst (Mini DiSEqC) and DiSEqC switching methods.
FTA receivers (Fo*rtec, Paansat)
If you have only 2 LNBs to switch between (e.g. BEV 82 and 92, or DN 110 and 119), then this switch is a better option than DiSEqC 2x1 switch, since it switches far more reliably.
Combining 4 such switches with 4x1 DiSEqC switch, you can connect up to 8 satellite legacy lnbs to your receiver!
Make sure to power off your receiver before connecting the switch to prevent damage
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
SW24
Allows you to receive signals from one satellite connecting up to 4 receivers.
Works for all satellite system, e.g. DN, BEV, DTV, and StarChoice, etc.
No power supply is required as the IRD's voltage is passed to the desired LNB.
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
SW24
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
SW34
Allows you to receive signals from one satellite and Local TV antenna, combining them and connecting up to 4 receivers.
Works for all satellite system, e.g. DN, BEV system, DTV, and StarChoice, etc.
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
SW44
Allows you to receive signals from 2 different satellites, combining them and connecting up to 4 receivers.
Works for all FTA receivers (e.g. VUsat, Koolsat, Paansat, etc) and DTV receivers.
Since the desired LNB is powered (switched by 0KHz or 22KHz), the IRD's power supply is not overloaded.
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
DISEqC Switch
Allows you to connect 4 lines of satellite signals to your receiver or your DVB card
Allows remote units to report their possible and actual configuration
4 Satellite inputs selected by DiSEqC commands
1 output for receiver with DiSEqC commands function
Compatible with all DiSEqC protocols, i.e. 1.0, 1.2, 1.3, 1.6, 2.0...
Compatible with FTA, Koolsat, Paansat, Foortec Star, Digi-wave, D-box, Blk-bird FTA receivers, etc.
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
DISEqC Switch
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
Diplexers
Diplexers will combine your local (UHF/VHF) TV antenna or cable signals with your Satellite dish signals to one coaxial wire straight to your home. Diplexers look like typical splitters, but handles the higher frequencies required by satellite systems.

Install one diplexer outside; plug the TV antenna and satellite dish into this diplexer to combine TV and satellite signals.
Install another Diplexer inside house to split back the Satellite dish and TV signals.
I personally use this to combine Satellite with Cable thru one wire.
Compatible with cable TV or Outdoor antenna, regular C/Ku satellite or DSS DTV/Dishnet HDTV
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
SW-64
SW64 Automatic Multi-Dish Switch - Three Dish Four Receiver Automatic Dish Switch - connect up to four receivers to two or three dual LNB dishes, or to one DISH 500 dish with two dual LNBs and an additional dual LNB dish. Uses include adding another dish to an existing DISH 500 system for reception of foreign or HDTV programming.
BOX SW64 Switch. This switch will allow you to pick up 3 satellites. (119, 110, and 61.5 or 148)This switch will work with ANY model Dish Network receiver. Uses SW64 switch, Power Inserter, Power supply.
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1030
This is all very informative, King Tape. Please keep it up

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
Well Congratulations for your gold
Right now laying few references then I'll start my topics.
I got hundreds

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 441
Next you should cover the Dp switches with the 22kz up to 8 sats for everyone.I like this thread, keep going King!

Username: Theknnegrow

Post Number: 6
very imformative azzhole...keep it up...maybe that buttfcuk ryerson can do some photoshopping and turn your switch's into puzzys or something...nice to see we have such idiots on this forum...ROTF

Silver Member

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 452
King,just a suggestion,you should start a thread for the Dummies,like "whats that black cord comming out of the back of the receiver for?,and Whats that card slot in my receiver for?,Key's key's and what their for.lol

Bronze Member
Username: Indianbill007

Bhilai, Chattisgarh India

Post Number: 29
Online TV Player lets you watch 2500+ free Internet TV and listen 1500+ free online radio stations on your PC. It allows watcher to watch directly into TV without having to experience the annoyances of a Web site (like slow-loading pages and pop-up ads). No additional equipment required, No Monthly Fees, No Extra Costs. Online TV Player support both Windows Media and Real Video. You can play most of stream formats in one program. It can set the screen window to any size that you want. It supports full-screen mode too.

Download yourself and enjoy.!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1033
On Line TV has been around for some time. The picture quality and size is very mediocre. If you are deparate or there is an ECM, you can utilise it, but otherwise, I have not found it of much value for entertainment.
On line radio and music is quite good

Gold Member

Post Number: 6218
SW switches are NOT recommended for FTA receivers...they are INTENDED for Dishnet receivers!..some will work , some may NOT..and most all will give U problems..Viewsat and co*olsat has made some mods to alow SW switches to work better, but they really are meant for Dishnet receivers, just like all the diagrams show..Disque and 22khz multiswitches are best for FTA..

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
Yes LK I can't disagree with your experience or hands on installation I personally value your expertise great deal. But from electronics prospective these are nothing but on/off switches with voltage requirements to type of LNB to receiver. Each FTA receiver got different specs the ones I listed above straight from Manufacturing specs to selective FTA receivers (they may not be as reliable as DISEqC. Each case could be explained)
But it is true 4 input DISEqC switch is best choice for most FTA receivers with right protocol. Every type of switch I listed above is a reference. Could be a reference to how they work or why they don't and what is a better choice. Great discussions to bring us all together.

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
Clear dishes available from UK
satellitesuperstore-com
Coming soon to US
Now that is a peice of Work
* note LNB and girl not included
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1043
It goes to prove that a girl who is a real dish can be seen as a dish behind a transparent dish.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6386
she looks like she can eat corn on the cob through a picket fence..

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
Corn Hu
Does she look vegetarian to U

Gold Member

Post Number: 6405
LMAO...my clock shattered behind me..fright night pic!...my satelitte dish looks better than her!...the pole and mast!...LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 1066
King Tape: Keep going with your high tech posts.

Username: Ak100

Post Number: 1
King Tape, thanks for the posts man. They look great.

LK, you mention that an SW21 is not good to connect two sats to an fta receiver. I have a Dish 500 110/119 and a Dish 300 61.5 that I wanted to feed through an SW21 to my Pansat 2700. Is there a technical reason why that won't work or is it just troublesome? I don't want to waste my money if it's only meant to work with the original receivers :-)

Thanks guys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6528
Pansat is Not SW 21 "ready"...some have used it,but don't be surprised if U have problems..if U do not use a Dishnet receiver (U don't mention one at all)...then use a $7 disque switch instead of a SW switch..

BTW SW21 = 2 LNBs (not 3) to 1 receiver..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6529
BTW also..if the Dish 500 has Dish Pro (DP) Twin LNB, or the 300 has a dual DP LNB, then U cannot use SW 21 switch...must use disque switch or DP switches..

Username: Ak100

Post Number: 2
Understood LK.. I do have the DP Twin LNB on my 500, and Legacy Dual LNB on my 300.. So I will look up the right configs and invest in the disque switch.

Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6536
Heres the config for Dishnet receivers using sw21 switch...so with FTA, simply just use the FTA receivers and 2 disque switches instead of sw21...or if ONLY 1 receiver connect both the 500 and 300 cable to 1 disque switch..

Then input the correct antenna/dish receiver settings..119-port1, 110- port2, 3rd lnb-port3...11250 freq, scan all, 22 off, etc

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
King's Definitions and Theory
The following are all my work
I should copy right it but since I can't stop anyone anyway you may do anything you want with it
You will find helpful info the I guarantee you won't find anywhere in simple language:
HAPPY HILIDAYS TO EVERYONE

Upload

LNB, (Low Noise Block) picks up a reflected radio signal from dish amplifies it and convert it to a signal frequency thru coaxial cable
Today's Home satellite TVs include an Integrated FeedHorn. An LNB with an integrated in the housing feedhorn. Feedhorn is known an an LNBF. People speak of the 'LNB and feedhorn' as LNBF
LNBF increases field strength and compensates irregularities in the shape of the dish

The Dish simply picks up the Radio Signals from space reflects and redirects the signal and focuses it towards the Feed Horn and then centers it in one small point. A huge amplification of the weak waves from 24,000 Miles away in satellites orbit. SAT matches earth's speed. This is why satellites are always aimed its radio beam at same place and time. Bigger the dish, the greater the amplification. The second amplification is done in the LNB. Signal quality is in the amplification process of the small signal. Signal to noise ratio should always be small 0.7 to 0.2

In North America Ku band range from (11.7 - 12.7 GHz)
In Europe Ku band range from (10.7 - 12.8 GHz)
Ku band is divided its bandwidth into two parts Ku Low and Ku High
Universal LNB will divide bandwidth prior to coaxial cable
Ku L = (10.7 - 11.7 GHz)
Ku H = (11.7 - 12.8 GHz)
LNB then converts Satellite Signal used (10.7 - 12.8 GHz), to bandwidth frequency range thru coaxial cable as (900 to 2400 MHz.). This signal known as L-band.

Different frequency band will require LNBs with different parameters.
Another frequency band is the C-Band
C-Band ranges from (3.7 - 4.2 GHz)
C-Band Extended ranges from (3.4 - 4.2 GHz)

Transponder stands for transmitter / responder.
A transponder receives frequency from earth amplify it, and then transmits back to the earth. Such a process known as Uplink/Downlink
Uplink frequency usually about 3.5 Ghz higher than down link. For example if uplink is 14.5 GHz downlink will be 11.0 GHz values will be different depending on Satellite provider

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
Signal Polarization
Since 1960's 1970's in order to maximize bandwidth to a primitive type of compression by broadcasting electromagnetic waves into Vertical and Horizontal. Such a time share virtually doubles bandwidth. Another form of polarization is the Circular. Such a wave it actually rotates clockwise or counter clockwise. Known as Left hand Circular and Right hand Circular

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 6541
King..U need to get off that high horse...I have seen these elsewhere...copyright...LMAO

BTW...this info and much more is posted everywhere at all Reputable Dss sites...and in simpler terms too!...

Circular & Linear LNB's: What's the difference?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

c/p

OK everyone, put your polarizing sunglasses on.

What's the difference?
Answer: About -3dB or half the signal level.

Now take your sunglasses off. Notice how bright it is in here? The difference in brightness is an example of using the wrong lnb type.

Circular and Linear polarization refer to the characteristics of the radio wave that is transmitted by the satellite towards your dish/LNB. Below are links to visual comparisons of Circular (Left or Right-hand) and Linear (Vertical or Horizontal) polarization.
http://www.lyngsat.com/echo3.html
Nimiq 2 @82.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/nimiq2.html
Nimiq 1/3 @91.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/nimiq1.html
EchoStar 6/8 @110.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/110west.html
EchoStar 7 @119.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/echo7.html
EchoStar 1/2 @148.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/148west.html

How do I know they are circularly polarized?
If you click on any one of the links for the satellites above you will notice that under the first column labeled as "Freq. Tp" you will find one of the following single letter designations:

"R" = right-hand (=circular polarization)
"L" = left-hand (=circular polarization)

So what about linear polarization?
Linear polarization refers to a wave of radio signal rotating in a single plane. Think of an approaching helicopter as the helicopter's main rotor is moving towards you. It is rotating in a single, horizontal plane. The same approaching helicopter's smaller rear rotor is rotating in a single, vertical plane. In our satellite case it can be either in the "H"orizontal or "V"ertical plane.

The following example satellites (visable in N.America) are transmitting with a linear polarized signal:

SBS 6 @74.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/sbs6.html
AMC 5 @79.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/amc5.html
AMC 9 @85.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/amc9.html
IA 6 @93.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/ia6.html
IA 5 @97.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html
AMC 1 @103.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/amc1.html
AMC 2 at 105.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/amc2.html
EchoStar 9 @121.0°W http://www.lyngsat.com/echo9ia13.html

Again, under the first column labeled as "Freq. Tp" you will find one of the following single letter designations:

"V" = vertical (=linear polarization)
"H" = horizontal (=linear polarization)

Now that you understand the difference between the two satellite polarization types please put your polarizing sunglasses back on.

Hmmm, a little harder to read this right? Well, that's what happens to your receiver when you try to use a linear polarized LNB to receive a circular polarized satellite signal and vis-a-versa. About a 50% loss of signal!

Armed with the invaluable information you now possess, by using this link http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html you can determine for yourself what type of LNB you will need for each satellite.

If you need a circular polarized LNB look for words describing it as "DSS" or "DBS" or "circular" or a combination of these terms.

If you need a linear polarized LNB look for words describing it as "FSS" or "FTA" or "linear" or a combination of these terms (FYI: All Universal LNB's are linear LNB's).

There are also LNB subtypes such as dual output or quad output. I won't go into that here because there are several discusions on this forum as well as a FAQ dealing with those subtypes. I suggest you use the excellent search feature as well as spend some time reading the all important "Sticky" threads.

You can take your sunglasses off now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
Your post is Great too LK
But small correction if you use linear LNB to pick up Circular or vice versa you'll pick-up half of the bandwidth signal not because +/- 3db. All illustration pictures and theory are mine I'm not saying I invented it. Most people know me will usually believe me.
Enjoy your Holidays !!!

Bronze Member
Username: Surly_d

Post Number: 16
I think LK and King Tape are the same person. Especially since the Sybil comment was made. Plus read the posts below. I just wish one of these two sat geniuses would post to my thread on using a 10 foot dish with a Viewsat or Pansat receiver. The thread is "Where can I get good info on using a 10 foot dish for fta" Thanks

LK

CWC...U are having a busy day today huh...how many more new nicks can U start today...dsscommunity was real original, especially since I have banned U there 10 times!...now U also have LK Suxs...U are getting lame with these nicks...hope Ecoustics and Charlie are giving U a little bonus for this extra OT U are puttin in now!....LMAO

BTW...I still have your IP and email addys..in case U forget!

King Tape

Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 02:52 pm:
Where did everyone go?
Don't leave me alone!
I think I scared the schit on everyone with the IP address!
Is this another strike?
OK bring back CWC I won't ping him}

Gold Member

Post Number: 1067
King Tape: You post about LNB and LNBF was good education for a lot of people who read here. Please keep going.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
Quote by CRAP4BRAINS }
King..U need to get off that high horse...I have seen these elsewhere...copyright...LMAO

BTW...this info and much more is posted everywhere at all Reputable Dss sites...and in simpler terms too!...

See pepople when ever Farthog feels others are trying to steal his "wanna-be" thunder he tries in a lame-0-zilla way to make the poster look like a looooooooser when in fact it just adds more crap to the already 100 acres of crap Farthog has spread on this forum site.

Don't go away mad LK just go away..

BTW the term Reputable Dss is just another one of your many oxymoron statements. Any site with you connected is far from Reputable. It's actually quiet the opposite.

King pay little g-ay boi LK no mind. You are doing great job on building a database of useful information on this site.

Keep up the great work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 293

It would be a nice Xmas.You and I know that, you couldn't get that sorry S out of here with a stick of dynamite.
}

Gold Member

Post Number: 6543
whoa...back off...I was simply stating that it was NOT original and I have seen it elsewhere at other sites..

I'm NOT bashing King!...just don't say things about "copyrights" etc..LOL....U missed my point!

I too appreciate any posts from ANYBODY who posts good information...and "jealous", is a VERY immature way to to insult me and VERY untrue..but consider the source of the poster and bashing!!

ya know, its Christmas, and some of U (same people using different nicks) still want to bash me...grow up!

Merry Christmas to all, including the bashers and immature!

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
DSS COMM and Kavin
I didn't have problems with LK's comments
Infact he was right so many topics on same subject
I thought I introduced something simple and new
In different discussions with U I didn't take your comments serious because of your old fued with LK
But what is happening here is my only thread being Trashed
I can handle myself
I was just starting to take U serious
So please take your old fued in a different thread
Thanx for your support
King

Gold Member

Post Number: 6546
King... these people, the bashers who are also the admins here at Ecoustics, have 1 purpose...divide and conquer...which causes havoc, create more posts, make this #1 at google, and have more sponsors, which = MONEY..and at the same time, monitor DSS news (new bins, new features, whats working for us, etc) and peeps (testers)....IGNORE them!...I know this factually about Ecoustics....in fact, its fairly common knowledge throughout the DSS world, especially by long time peeps like myself and many others..

Bronze Member
Username: Minn_rocks

H-Town.....

Post Number: 96
CAN YOU ALL HAVE A TIME OUT PLEASE??CAN YOU ALL STOP THIS BS 4 ONE WEEK WITHOUT BASHING EACH OTHER PLEASE??..I HATE TO SEE ANYONE WHO GETTING BASH ON THIS SPECIAL HOLIDAY..AND I DON'T THINK IT TOO MUCH TO ASK.. AFTER THE NEW YEAR U CAN KILL EACH OTHER ALL U WANT..THIS IS A HOLIDAY..WHY DON'T YOU ALL SPEND YOUR FREE TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY AND LOVE ONE..I WISH I STILL HAVE MY FAMILY OR LOVE ONE TO SPEND TIME WITH..BUT I CAN'T...SORRY IF ANYONE WHO DISAGREE WHAT I WAS SAYING..BUT I CARELESS..
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ANYONE..

MINN....Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 938
I'm with you MINN.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
King... these people, the bashers who are also the admins here at Ecoustics, have 1 purpose...divide and conquer

One big flaw in this delusion of yours.. If any of it was true you would have been killed off long long ago..

It's sad really sad, even for a dimwitt like you warthog.

How is it, you've failed to see, logically speaking none of what you say makes any sense..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6548
As I said earlier..

Merry Christmas to all, including the bashers and immature..

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 940
WTF????? People, if you are here is because you are either willing to share information or looking to lear from those sharing. This BS with the bashing really has to stop. If you disagree with what is being posted then don't follow it, but if you are going to disagree and then post the same SHIIIT in another thread that you disagreed with to begin with, then you really need to STFU and GTHO.

LK - Pay no mind to them! It's obvious there only point in life is to agravate those trying to help so they can make themselves look better.

Silver Member
Username: Satboy

Ontario

Post Number: 239
with much amusement I read all the above posts
and it looks like L K still thinks he is the no. UNO well from what I have read above , he may be King and reign over Dss. C but here he is sucking hind tit , maybe now he understands why I
dissasociated myself with DSS.C Mr. Knowalls and thread hijackers do not sit very well with me
just thought I would let you know . we are still lurking in the background with much amusement

Silver Member

Post Number: 260
Johny
You got the names mixed-up
LK and King are two different Users
King is my first name I don't need a crown to be call by first name
I do have great respect for LK as a senior User in this Forum
People use the word hijack as an expression for lack of courtesy when you post something that has no relation to the title of the thread. I post here as Hobbyist of Satellite I have no Agenda except for share information.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1080
King Tape: Can you tell us something about AMC 16 and how to get it and 119W at the same time and Dish?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6657
Nalon...U don't know anything do U?...only what U can copy and others will feed U...why don't U do some testing yourself and read yourself..

http://www.lyngsat.com/amc16.html 118.8

http://www.lyngsat.com/echo7.html 119

BTW, very old subject

118.8 amc16, 119 DN is circular, but polarization is diff..can get 16 with linear LNB and 30" dish

Gold Member

Post Number: 1083
LK: Don't highjack the thread. I asked a question to King Tape, not you.
King Tape: Can you tell us something about AMC 16 and how to get it and 119W at the same time and Dish?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us