Yamaha just introduced the MCR-N560, a PianoCraft series micro component system with AirPlay network streaming, CD player, radio, USB audio, and high-resolution audio FLAC/WAV 192 kHz/24-bit signal compatibility. The mini system can link to a home network to listen to music from your PC or NAS, stream music from online sources and enjoy thousands of radio stations via Internet radio. You can also stream your own stored music from your smartphone or tablet.
The MCR-N560 is equipped for digital audio, with both optical and coaxial inputs. The optical is for receiving audio from a TV and the coaxial for receiving audio from a Blu-ray Disc player. The audio stays in the digital domain, giving you pure, pristine dynamic sound for all your entertainment sources.
The MCR-N560 uses separate circuit boards for CD/DAC and network audio sources. Separating the power source and ground of the signal processor and amplifier minimizes mutual interference of audio signals. The digital audio source connects to the amplifier without digital-to-analog conversion, achieving clear and wide range sound quality with minimal signal loss.
To prevent unwanted cabinet vibration, Yamaha developed an internal structure called VCCS (Vibration Control Cabinet Structure) that uses strategically placed pieces of a composite material providing excellent vibration isolation performance. In addition, three legs provide additional shock absorption, considerably enhancing sound quality. The main unit of this system, features a hairline-finish aluminum front panel with diamond-shaped front corners and piano black side panels. The speakers have cabinets with a deep luster and high-texture wood grain finish.
- DLNA Certified network support for access to music stored on PCs or NAS (networked attached storage) devices
- Internet radio for listening to thousands of online stations
- Apple AirPlay for wireless playback of content from iPod, iPhone and iPad devices
- A front-panel USB port for enjoying music stored on additional portable devices and memory sticks
- The MCR-N560 can also be used to enhance TV audio with digital optical and coaxial inputs allowing connection to a TV or Blu-ray Disc player.
- A highly efficient digital amp for high sound clarity and low distortion
- Separate circuit boards for CD/DAC sources and for network audio, which improves sound by minimizing mutual interference of audio signals
- Speakers employing a high quality cone woofer and a soft dome tweeter, as well as Yamaha’s proprietary Vibration Control Cabinet Structure technology, which further reduces distortion
- Free downloadable NETWORK PLAYER CONTROLLER app for Apple iOS and Android lets users easily control the MCR-N560 from smartphones and tablets.
Pricing and Availability
The Yamaha MCR-N560 ($649.95) is available now from authorized Yamaha dealers. The CRX-N560 main unit ($499.95) is also available separately, so that it can be used with other speakers. The optional Yamaha accessories that extend the MCR-N560’s source compatibility include the YWA-10 Wi-Fi adapter ($99.95) for wireless music streaming to the receiver from PCs, NAS devices and the Internet, as well as the YBA-11 Bluetooth wireless technology audio receiver ($69.95) for streaming music from compatible smartphones, tablets or computers.