Anyone who has ever ordered from Amazon has likely worried about having...
TomTom Runner and Multi-Sport GPS Watches
TomTom just announced two GPS watches to deliver at-a-glance performance information for runners, cyclists and swimmers. The new, ultra-slim TomTom Runner (pictured left) and TomTom Multi-Sport (pictured right) GPS sport watches feature an extra-large display, full-screen graphical training tools and the industry’s first one-button control to make it easier for users to access the information needed to stay motivated and achieve their goals.
Each watch offers One-Button Control enabling users to easily navigate up-down-left-right through menus to access key stats and watch features. Unlike the majority of existing GPS watches on the market that feature multiple small and hard-to-operate buttons, the one-button control is easy to operate while moving and can be easily controlled in all weather conditions and while wearing gloves.
The new watches feature TomTom’s Graphical Training Partner. Easy-to-read full-screen graphics help users get the most out of their workouts. The Runner is the more basic model, while the Multi-Sport adds extra features for additional activities. View all the features below.
Graphical Training Partner
- Race: Race against a personal best or most recent run. Quickly track performance with real-time graphics, to continue to improve run-after-run.
- Goal: Set a distance, time or calorie goal and see progress toward that goal with simple, full-screen graphics and alerts.
- Zone: Set a target for pace or heart-rate (with optional heart-rate monitor) and track progress in a simple full-screen graph throughout a workout.
- Ultra-Slim Design: At just 11.5mm, the slim design of the watch module comfortably fits men and women, and all wrist sizes.
- Indoor Tracker: Accurately track indoor runs using built-in sensors to count strides, so that users can monitor pace and distance even while running on a treadmill.
- QuickGPSFix: Get started faster by using the latest in GPS and GLONASS satellite technology to quickly find their precise location.
- Multi-Platform compatibility: Sync, analyze and share stats on popular running sites and community platforms, including the TomTom MySports website, MapMyFitness, RunKeeper, TrainingPeaks and MyFitnessPal.
- Super-Tough Display: Scratch- and impact-resistant glass stays easy-to-read, workout after workout.
- Weather- and Waterproof: Waterproof up to 50 meters/5ATM.
- Long-lasting battery: Up to 10-hour battery life (GPS Mode).
- Bluetooth Smart: Connect to sensors using the latest wireless technology.
- Heart Rate monitor: Use the Bluetooth Smart Heart Rate Monitor to track training zone for weight control, performance or speed.
TomTom Multi-Sport Adds Extra Features
TomTom Multi-Sport includes all the features included in TomTom Runner, and also allows multi-sport athletes to track their distance, time, speed and other key metrics when they cycle or swim. The TomTom Multi-Sport is also enhanced with the following features and options:
- Dedicated Bike Mount: Easily see key stats at-a-glance with the specially-designed bike mount.
- Cadence Sensor: Track cadence, speed and distance, indoors and out.
- Built-in Altimeter: Accurately track elevation, ascent, descent and grade with the built-in barometric altimeter.
- Swimming Motion Sensor: Check detailed swim metrics such as laps, strokes, time and speed, and calculate a SWOLF score to show swim efficiency.
Price and Availability
The TomTom Runner and TomTom Multi-Sport will be available in Summer 2013. See more at http://sports.tomtom.com/en/.