Sonance announced the SUR.5S Cinema Series In-Ceiling speakers. Sonically matched to the existing Cinema Series in-wall, in-ceiling and cabinet speakers, the Sonance Cinema Series Ceiling SUR.5S speaker features dual woofers and dual coaxial midrange/tweeter assemblies in a wide-dispersion monopole design that creates a diffuse, enveloping surround sound field. The Cinema SUR.5S includes an integrated enclosure made from non-resonant 3/4″ MDF that helps produce dramatically lifelike sound and reduce sound spillover into adjacent rooms.
- Tweeter: 1″ (25mm) silk dome, ferrofluid-cooled
- Midrange: Two 3″ (76mm) polypropylene cones with rubber surrounds
- Woofer: Two 5-1/4″ (133mm) polypropylene cones with rubber surrounds
- Frequency Response: 70Hz – 20kHz ±3dB
- Impedance: 8 ohms nominal; 6 ohms minimum
- Power Handling: 5 watts minimum; 125 watts maximum
- Sensitivity: 88dB SPL (2.83V/1 meter)
- Grille: Perforated steel
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 1325/32″ x 1325/32″ x 79/16″ (350mm x 350mm x 192mm
Price and Availability
The Sonance SUR.5S Cinema Series In-Ceiling Speakers will be available 3rd quarter 2010 for $650 each.