Quad has announced the new Elite CDS CD Player, which replaces Quad's 99 Series CD Player.
The Elite CDS enjoys significant revisions throughout, including a new transport mechanism and servo system. Audio data is regulated by a high-performance master clock to minimise jitter (digital distortion), then fed to a top-end Crystal 24-bit/192kHz DAC, which replaces the older 24-bit/96kHz chip used by the player's predecessor. The highest quality electronic components are specified throughout, with multi-layer circuit boards and Quad's advanced, proprietary filtering and control software.
- D/A Converter: Crystal CS4398
- DAC type: Hybrid multi-bit delta-sigma
- Mechanism: Sony KM-313AAM
- Sampling Frequency: 96kHz
- Upsampling: x2
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz (+0dB / -0.7dB)
- Maximum resolution: 24-bit
- Oversampling: x8
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.0013% at 1kzHz
- Dynamic Range: >100dB 'A' wtd. 16 bits
- Outputs: RCA (analogue); optical (digital)
- Quad system connection: Quad Link
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 321 x 80 x 310mm
The Quad Elite CDS CD Player will be available from September for £799.95.