Belkin just announced a portable, full-range speaker dock system designed to fit flush around an iPad, called the Belkin Thunderstorm Handheld Home Theater. The speaker connects directly through the iPad dock connector for a seamless, unified experience. A direct connection eliminates the possibility of dropping the connection to the speaker and provides optimal calibration for the audio sound effects. It also features a multifold cover for a variety of comfortable viewing angles and screen protection.
Powered by mobile sound leader Audifi, the Thunderstorm Handheld Home Theater features high-efficiency, front-facing speakers that project cinematic-quality sound. Ported speakers and integrated air channels in the design allow optimal airflow so bass frequencies come alive. The free, downloadable Thunderstorm App provides extended control with customized soundscapes for music, movies and games, so your content always sounds its best.
The Belkin Thunderstorm Handheld Home Theater will be available for both 30-pin connectors and the new Lightning connector.
G3A1000 for 30-Pin, G3A2000 for Lightning
- Integrated, front-facing, landscape-oriented, stereo speakers
- Ported speakers for rich bass and depth
- Low-distortion, high-efficiency amplifier
- Magnetically attached folding soft cover with multiple stand configurations
- MFi Certified
- G3A1000 with 30-pin docking interface is compatible with iPad 2 and iPad 3rd generation
- G3A2000 with Lightning connector is compatible with iPad 4th generation
- Pass-through access for iPad rear camera, headset jack, microphone, speaker, charging, lock switch, volume control, and mute/rotation lock toggle
Price and Availability
The Belkin Thunderstorm Handheld Home Theater with 30-pin connector will be available this month for $199.99. A version for the Lightning connector will be available in the spring 2013. The Thunderstorm App is coming soon to the App Store.