Alpine CDE-147BT, HD148BT, HD149BT Head Units
For 2013, Alpine announced three Bluetooth enabled car CD receivers made for iPod and iPhone, which include the CDE-HD149BT, CDE-HD148BT and the CDE-147BT (pictured above) offering a variety of features:
- Pandora: Pandora internet radio control is available from Android and iPhone smartphones. Users can create new Pandora stations, rate songs with the thumbs up or down rating system and bookmark songs for later purchase.
- Rear USB ports: The USB port behind the chassis allows for high-speed USB connections to the iPod, iPhone or USB drives.
- HD Radio: The CDE-HD149BT and CDE-HD148BT have built-in HD Radio receivers to access the 2,000+ stations that broadcast digital HD Radio programming.
- SiriusXM Ready: The CDE-HD149BT and CDE-HD148BT are compatible with SiriusXM Satellite Radio, when used with the SXV200 Vehicle Connect tuner (tuner and subscription required, each sold separately).
- App Direct Mode: This feature allows for basic control of iPhone apps through the Alpine head unit. Applicable metadata information from the app is displayed on the head unit screen.
- iPod and iPhone: All models are “Made for iPod and iPhone” compatible.
- Advanced BT Plus Bluetooth wireless technology with audio streaming: Users can play music stored on a smartphone and benefit from Alpine’s exclusive Digital Sound Processing (DSP) expansion which improves the sound quality of streaming audio. All models come with a separate microphone that can be mounted for the driver’s convenience (such as on the visor), for improved sound quality during phone calls.
- Three PreOut (4V)
- Quad-illumination, allowing users to choose blue, green, red or amber lighting to match their vehicle’s interior.
TuneIt Sound Tuning and Sharing App
Alpine also unveiled TuneIt, a smartphone app for the car audio aftermarket. TuneIt is exclusively compatible with the CDE-HD149BT, CDE-HD148BT and CDE-147BT.
TuneIt is an easy-to-use sound tuning app which also offers Facebook notifications. Users download the free app onto their iPhone or Android smartphone and create a user profile with information about themselves, their vehicle, and their Alpine sound system. They can follow the simple TuneIt graphical instructions to adjust sound settings for their specific vehicle, or they can choose from the 3,000 pre-made settings in the database. Settings that can be adjusted include Time Correction, Parametric EQ, Crossover, and Media Xpander. The user can make and save up to 100 different sound settings; which is helpful if the user wants to store various settings to use for specific types of music.
Users can share settings with others, as well as rate settings made by others. The sharing and learning aspect of TuneIt is especially helpful for novices without much sound tuning experience, since it allows those with similar setups to use the same settings for the best results. The more frequently the user is active within the app, the higher his or her status progresses, from the “Roadie” level all the way up to the advanced level of “Master Golden Ear.” TuneIt’s sound setting activities are all done through a graphical user interface on the smartphone; the phone only needs to be connected via USB when downloading the sound setting into the Alpine receiver.
All three Alpine CD head units will be available March 2013.
Pricing and Specifications
|Advanced Bluetooth CD/HD Radio Receiver
||Advanced Bluetooth CD/HD Radio Receiver
||Advanced Bluetooth CD/Receiver