JVC 52" D-ILA Color Issues

Username: Kent_fulton

Post Number: 1
I bought the JVC 52" D-ILA last weekend from Best Buy and have noticed a couple of issues with the display.

When watching either High-def cable via HMDI or 480p DVD via component, I occationally see a purple "hot spot" in the center of the screen.

I've also noticed a redish/green tint to various portions of the same programming.

Are there any recommened adjustments? Should I just exchange the unit for another one? or possibly exchange it for the Samsung HLP5063W DLP model?

Thanks,

Kent

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Kent,

The purple "hot spot" as you call it is a flaw that has been observed in few sets (mine being one of them). Here is a link to a picture of another person's (dennis halfpenny) set that demonstrates the spot.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/120317.html

Report this to JVC and they will repair it or you can return it for a replacement set. The tinting is probably an adjustment that you can make either to the color drives through the service menu or through calibration. Ultimately, I think the JVC is the best set going so I would work to get the one you have working properly.

Post Number: 2
Thanks tvshopper!

Think I'll just replace it, since it's only a week old. If I can find another unit available. This was the last one that BB had in the store.

I love this picture quality of the JVC and not all that impressed with DLP. At least not at this price range.

Post Number: 3
I check the build date on the unit and it is a December 2004 model.

Are there any other known problems with this batch on units?

I tried adjusting the R, G, B color values in the service menu to try to correct the red/green "hazing" that occurs whenever there is a dark scene. This probably happens during higher picture level scenes as well, it's just not as noticable.

Seems like this set has difficulty producing detail in low picture (dark) level conditions. I've tried the various settings suggested in this forum, but none have worked.

Hopefully, replacing the set will resolve my problems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us