Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through October 14, 20031 2 Thump326
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Ignore the posting from Anonymous and 1 2 Thump on the following dates:

Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:28 pm,
Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:30 pm,
Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:20 pm,
Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 07:13 pm

These are postings by the crooks themselves. This is the same sh!t (almost verbatim) that I was told when I brought my speakers in to be refunded, minus the 15% "restocking fee." I mean, come on, what are the chances that four entirely different individuals log on to this site to at 7:13, 7:20, 7:28, and 7:30 p.m. on October 14, 2003 (7 minutes, 8 minutes, and two minutes apart) to report that the equipment was terrific, despite that fact that almost every other posting reports being ripped off. The posting from 7:20 p.m., which states that "They honor the law" is completely not true. Selling items out of the back of a van in foreign business parking lots (i.e. Chevron, BP, Home Depot, etc.) is against the law. Supplying false information to consumers (especially about pricing) is against the law (and will likely land you, your President and Board of Directors [Crooks] in jail). The posting on 7:20 p.m. -- the time that also happens to be when these red-necks come back to the office at 1710 Chattahoochee to celebrate their rippings off for the day -- states that they follow "good business practices." Since when does a 15% restocking fee show a good business practice? I mean, come on, the people working for this company are a bunch of uneducated, 20 year-old, dirt-necks. As if there time restocking is worth a fraction of what my 15% "restocking fee" was determined to be (about 50 bucks).

Just to let you know I have heard back from Channel 11 News, and they want to interview me for a story on your scam. I told them, I'd be happy to, as soon as I mailed my papers to the Attorney General's office -- and the F.B.I., which specifically asked me to forward them my documentation on the case. The crooks weren't smart enough to take back my original receipt with a bogus address or the flier they gave me advertising the $1500 speaker price. Anyone who feels they have been ripped off by these people, please let me know. I'm planning on filing a civil law suit as well, as I'm lucky enough to be married to a woman who practices class action litigation. Send me an email at poedinatl@hotmail.com.

Pandamonium
hey jason,
since i never got a dime of my paid training from joe and i kow he made 900 dollars cause i helped him. i better not owe uncle sam at the end of the Year, bro! oh by the way i quit dude.

Just Another Sucker
Family member bought this Epiphany Solo Surround Sound crap in parking lot in of Burlington coat factory Naperville Il. I went by the warehouse at 144 N Eisenhower Lombard Il and these dirt bags where loading up their vans. I got the run around from them but I will go back. Also stay away from guys selling things from a beige Chevy Tahoe. Looks Like these guys are in the process of changing their vehicle of choice from the natorious White Van to the Chevy Tahoe. Buyer beware this stuff is crap!!!!!

Anonymous
I am a woman and will admit that audio is not my strongest point-thus the after the fact research. I got a pair of Bantams for $200. Is that a lot for 2 speakers? I don't know. They look really nice. I'm no expert, but they sound good to me. What should I listen for to tell if they are good or bad? I can't believe all of these posts. It is weird to sell their merchandise like that, but it is obviously not stolen and I am not sure what to think now. I mean they are cool looking and they work- and to my untrained ear they sound good. But, everyone seems to be so angry about the way they are sold after they buy them. If it is such a problem for you after you bought them- what were you think about before you bought them? I have read most of these posts (wow there are a lot) and almost all of the people who actually tried the speakers say they work good- and most of the people who are raging admit to not even opening the boxes. So- aside from just being upset and venting about how they were sold> can anyone actually tell me about the audio quality or a test I can do that would make me think these are not good? They sound as good as my friends expensive set up (though I have not listened to them side by side)and they seem to be well made (they have a good weight, the finish is nice, the posts are brass, and the cones are a nice material) and the external aesthetic is great. So- until proven otherwise I am going to be pleased with my purchase (as unorthodox as it was). I knew I was buy speakers from a white van when I was buying them, so I can't be mad at the salesmen after the fact- I mean it's not like they were trying to pretend that they were doing anything other then selling me their product from the back of there van. For anyone out there with helpful information about audio test- I appreciate it. Have a great day.

Anonymous
Joe,

Smart move, kid. Smart move. Jason, they will be coming for you. . .

Anonymous
Another fake posting on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 12:05 am by the scamers themselves. Sounds just like them. Plus, if the poster were reallly looking for information about speakers, don't you think she would have left an email address? Why the anonymous posting.

Anonymous
Joe

See the message from POEDINATL. Contact them and seek immunity in exchange for info.

Anonymous
CALL THIS NUMBER:
313-468-2767
And tell whoever answers to go and f*ck himself.

Sameer V.
Hi,

I am trying to get some idea on how my selection pans out with comparable other systems. Of course I would welcome input on corresponding alternatives. Heres what I am thinking of putting together.
Denon 3803 and Bose Acoustimass 16 speaker system.
I haven't actually heard acoustimass 16, but I do have a Bose system already and do not have any complaints. All help is appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Sameer

Anonymous
I have all the information you guys need to know to harass these f'n scammers. The "legitimate" company is called Soundivision. I found their job recruiting number: it's 1-866-293-2263. For those of you who have gotten ripped off in the Dupage County Illinois area they have a warehouse at 144 Eisenhower Ln. in Lombard. They have a warehouse full of this crap. I went in for an interview the other day to see what this supposedly cool job making $800 - $1000 a week was hooking up high-end audio that I saw in the newspaper. Their office is a dump. There is a big screen TV but it's crappy and for a company that is so "high-end" they had a Nintendo 64 hooked up to their system. What a joke. Here's the meat of my post. I have a direct number for those of you who don't want to drive out there but you do want to say what is on your mind. The number is 630-932-0603, ask for Chris. I hope this helps everyone. They scammed me years ago but fortunately I paid only $100 dollars and gave them a crappy $10 watch for two front speakers that were decent but not the best obviously. I was in college at the time and didn't have that much money so these did their job. I have since stepped up to some Infinity towers with built in 8 inch subs and JBL surrounds and a JBL center channel speaker. Happy revenge to everyone who will use this information I have posted for all who have been taken!

Anonymous
I am yet another sucker who worked very hard for my money this week only to give it to two f'kg prks that make a living off of good people like my self. If you guys are reading this, I'm the big 250lb redneck in the box truck and I am looking for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Marc(in a white chevy Tahoe I believe), Georgia plates and his female companion, got me on 10/15 as well. He put the pressure on me as I was trying to deposit my paycheck at the drive through teller of the Commerce Bank in Paramus NJ.
As I was filling out my deposit ticket in front of the teller, he was pressuring me repeatedly through my open passenger window. Same ol' same ol' as everyone else laminated sales slick, wouldn't take no for an answer etc... bottom line I fell for it. He put the Bantam Towers in my trunk, I even gave him "Beer Money". He gave me his phone #. (which I misplaced) It was probably bogus anyway. After reading all the above I feel stupid and embarrassed at my gullability.

2 scam artist in a white van in chesterfeild michigan got me to buy some home audi equptment, , sayin it retailed 1800, we gave him 180 and its retailed 50. we got a liscense plat xd1275, how would i get info on this vehicle

Same here. Two Theater research speakers.
White Chevy van, License plates: 18 142D (IL)

Payback Is A Bh!!
I was taken in Madison, AL for $600 for Cypress Serious Cinema 6.4 speakers. Filed a report with the cops, even called the cops when I found other crews working the city...with no luck whatsoever!!

So how do you find the actual company information for a company that doesn't want to be found, if they exist at all? It's going to be a bit risky but here's what I have in mind. When you see these phuckers trying to hook someone, pull up next to them (make sure you have some form of protection whether it's a bat, knife, fists, whatever.) Instead of cracking them over the heads like they deserve, bump their van with your car. They will more than likely try to give bogus info or say nothing was damaged and leave. Insist on calling the cops for a report so you can get the insurance information for the vehicle and the company that it's registered to. Talk real loud, get other peoples attention and make sure you get their tag# in case they drive off. Once you have a legit address, you proceed to burn it down!! I wouldn't mind sending all of these people to the hospital but I'm looking for the guy who ripped me(6'6", claimed to be from the WA/OR area, working out of Brentwood, TN).

SoundVision in Nashville, TN
615-742-7455 (got this # from another site)

White Chevy Express vans, tag#'s
Georgia - 118 ZEW
New Jersey - X 7853 J

Anonymous
license # 18K 816, last seen in merrillville,In. across from the southlake mall.

Jim in Atlanta
I just bought a pair of the Epiphany speakers for $250 and they sound great! I guess I got what I paid for besides there was this beautiful red headed girl driving the van and for another $100 she ...well let's not get into that but lets just say I like my speekers even more now!

Anonymous
Does anyone know if warehouse in Lombard, IL selling Theater Research speakers? Or I need to look for another office?

Anonymous
The message from Jim in Atlanta (Monday, October 20, 2003) must be from the scammers themselves. I saw this supposed "beautiful red headed girl" when I took my speakers back and got my money back. This girl looked like hooker than hangs out on Ponce DeLeon -- nothing but dirt-neck, white trash. She is nasty!!!! And the speakers suck.

Anonymous
Yeah these guys are ripping us off and they think they are hot sh*t for doing so but let's face it, they're morons!! They work a certain location, change the crew and return a couple days later. If I was out there scamming people, damned if I'm going to show up so some pissed off dude can stomp my a$$. Morons!!

TIGER
YEA, I GOT SCAMMED TODAY. I FEEL WHAT ALL OF YOU PEOPLE ARE SAYING. I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING A GOOD DEAL BUT I WASN'T REALLY SURE. WISH I WENT WITH MY GUT FEELING BUT INSTEAD I GAVE THEM MY TRUST AND TOOK THE RISK. WHAT A DUMB MOVE? I PAID 400 DOLLARS FOR THIS SPEAKERS AND THEIR ARE PIECES OF CRAP. NO DOUBT. THE FIRST THING I DID WHEN I GOT HOME WAS GOT ONLINE TO CHECK THE REAL VALUE OF THIS SPEAKERS AFTER ALL OF THE WEBSITE ON THE BOX FAIL, I DID A SEARCH THEN IT BROUGHT ME TO THIS SITE. AND THE NEXT THING I KNOW I'M READING ABOUT HOW EVERYONE GOT SUCKER'D, SO I'M LIKE WELL I'M ANOTHER ADDED TO THE LIST. I'LL ADMIT THESE FOLKS ARE GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO. I NEVER, I MEAN NEVER EVER, EVER BUY ANYTHING OFF THE STREET BUT SOMEONE REALLY PUT SOME THOUGHT BEHIND THIS ONE. AND THEN THEY HIRED SOME SLICK FAST TALKERS TO DO THE DIRTY WORK. I'LL ADMIT THE FACT THAT I GOT SUCKER REALLY RUINED MY DAY. BUT I'MA PUT IT LIKE THIS DON'T TAKE IT AS A LOST JUST TAKE IT AS A LESSON. AND LIFE GOES ON. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, LIKE THEY SAY WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND, SO I'LL TAKE THE LOST AND THE LESSON AND LET KARMA DEAL WITH THEM OR HOW EVER RUNS THIS SCAM. I WOULD GO INTO MORE DETAILS OF HOW I GOT HOOKED BUT I THINK I MIGHT HAVE CAUGHT THESE SUCKERS SLIPPING ON THIER LITTLE GAME. SO I DON'T WANT TO GIVE TOO MUCH AWAY. BUT IF THINGS DOESN'T WORKOUT THE WAY I WANT THEN I WILL BE BACK TO SHARE MY STORY TO ENLIGHTEN OTHERS TO THIS SCAM. CAUSE IF I DIDN'T GET ANYTHING ELSE FOR MY MONEY, I GOT ATLEAST GOT A F**KED UP STORY THAT I WILL NEVER FORGET. BYE AND KEEP YOUR EYE'S OPEN. CAUSE I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I GOT A COUPLE OF BRICKS IN MY BACK SEAT AND THE NEXT WHITE VAN I SEE, DRIVEN BY KIDS IN THEIR 20'S , IS GETTING F**KED UP. I'LL COMEBACK AND LEAVE MY E-MAIL LATER. I WANNA BE AS ANONYMOUS AS THESE SNAKES TRY TO BE. AND IF YOU SNAKES IS READING THIS POST KNOW THIS, THE MONEY YOU STEAL TODAY, WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PAY, YOUR WAY OUT OF HELL TOMMOROW. SO HAVE A NICE DAY!

Anonymous
I ran across these guys in a Walmart parking lot in McKinney, TX. Same scam as posted. White Chevey delivery van with a bogus license plate. They claimed they were doing 'premium' home installations and that they were 'accidently' sent two extra pairs of the Bantam Tower Epiphany speakes worth $1469.00 a pair. Their boss told them not to bring them back to the warehous, etc. etc. I didn't buy the story but figured the speakers would be worth a couple of hundred bucks. They wanted $300 and $20.00 a piece for "beers". They used the ATM pitch to try to get me to withdraw another $100 dollars. I humored them by entering in the wrong pin number and then telling them that I had already withdrawn my limit for the day. Long story short, I shelled out $200 and figured that the speakers were well worth that. They aren't that bad, but a $100 is probably the high end of what they are worth. I filed a report with the McKinney police department, and they have the ATM video from Albertsons giving a clear ID of the one loser. After reading all of the reports of these scams, I can't believe that these guys are still in business. Unfortunately, I helped keep them in business for a few more days.

Anonymous
okay im freakin out i just bought the home theater system the tweeters and the towers for 725 in lansing michigan if this sh!! dont work im goin to prison!!

Anonymous
I too got scamed but took a bunch of buddies and went to the wrhs at 144 Eisenhower Ln. in Lombard, IL. The wrhs is hard to find, it's behind wrhs 155-- you will see a bunch of white vans parked! Spoke to Chris, argued for a while but eventually got all my money back. They have tons of speakers in the wrhs. You can also call this number and ask for Chris or Randy 630-561-0336(cell phone) but it's better if you go to the wrhs. Remember to take atleast 4-5 buddies-- it really makes a diff. These guys are not dangerous just out to make money so if you show some force, you might get your $$$ back. Incase you don't then don't feel too bad as these speakers are pretty good-- I heard them at home and Chris demo'd them for me as well trying to show me that I got a good deal.
If you need further help from me post a message here and I will check back.
Good Luck!

If you can be seen, you can be hit
Son-Of-A-B*tch, I just got the SOLO system about thirty minutes ago. I was taking a late lunch when these fools approached me in the infamous "white van". I got back to my office and did a web search on the system, and guess what site I landed on :-/ I paid 350, I'm afraid to go home and hook it all up .......... what'cha'gonna'do?

notasucker
I have to agree with the "Speakermen." They're just out there trying to make a living. I look at it like this: How much do I spend dating? What do I get for it? Dinner & a movie? $50 easy. Do that for a first or second date (no sex yet!) with 2 or 3 girls and the money is gone. So I paid $250 bucks for some speakers? So what? I've made worse decisions but mostly good ones. And let me say this. I'm living well now, with a good job, and just bought a house with a very low interest rate and 0 down. But I remember what it was like when I didn't have the great job. You know what? You do what have to do to make ends meet. I guess all of you would be too proud to "stoop" to selling out of a van. While I was out of work after the dot-com crash, I had to take a door-to-door sales job. I had to do some temp work. Guess what. Now I'm back in management making more than I've ever made. I didn't mean for this to be such a long rant, but the more I think about it, the more you people need to get over it. It's only money and you're not taking any of it with you. For those of you who smoke or drink or have expensive hobbies (golf?, your car?) you've spent more on that than you will on these speakers. Don't beat yourself up. If they don't work, well, that's the chance you take buying out of a van. If they do work, what are you complaining about? Give it a rest and go on with your life. And don't forget that any of you could easily find yourself out of a job in this economy. Then what will you do? I guess you'll be too proud to try sales (most of you couldn't hack it anyway!). So, you'll keep your "dignity" and work at McDonalds or just keep collecting unemployment. I tell you. The real greed lies in those who want to kill somebody over a few hundred dollars. Is it greed or your pride that is hurt?

Anonymous
whats the differance between selling speakers out of a van or selling frut at a roadside stand. nothing if you can look at the product and tell if it is worth the money. some people go door to door. would you rather them come to your house? if you can't tell what it is by looking at it, then you are gambling. somtimes you win somtimes you lose.

notasucker
Ok. I did a little research on these speakers I was "duped" into buying. A quick look at Consumer Reports revealed a front page article (website) about speakers! They listed Sony SS-MF750H (200W, a little better frequency range of 35Hz to 50 kHz, 8 Ohm impedence) for $280 retail. Next was CERWIN VEGA E710 (200W, midrange frequency, and 8 Ohm impedence) for $300 a pair. After that, Polk Audio R30 only 100W. for $300. Then, Jensen C-7 (170W, 28Hz - 20kHz frequency, 8 Ohm impedence) for $200. Finally, Polk Audio R50 (only 150W, same freq. and impedence) for $400. After that, were a couple of Bose systems for over $500. What are the Epiphany Bantams? 45Hz to 25kHz - ok, not perfect by comparison. 200W - Same as other systems. And 8 Ohm impedence - same as others reviewed. How do they stack up? Well, the Sony and the Cerwin were closest, a little better performance, but higher price than most of you paid at $280 and $300 dollars. Did you get "scammed?" I don't think so. Maybe you paid $35 to $75 more than you should have. Maybe you're mad at yourselves for spending money when you wanted to hold on to it. Don't blame the salespeople for doing their homework and knowing how to negotiate a price in the ballpark. It is your own fault for not knowing what you're looking for. If you're going to be that upset over less than $100, then you need to evaluate the hold money has on you. I believe that while these speakers are not top of the line, and they are certainly not worth the $1500 claimed, they are still a reasonable price for reasonable speakers. Mine work great when you hook them up as front speakers. Plenty loud enough. I hope this helps some of you feel better. Just because you bought it from the back of a van doesn't mean you were totally screwed. You have to remember that a lot of the organizations calling these things scams are in the pocket of the very large discount chains that have put all the mom and pop shops out of business. Of course they are going to criticize an alternative distribution model. They want you buying products in their stores to pay for all the advertising and other staff. So the speakerguy got a few more dollars off you than the store would have. At least it is going to an individual who earned it instead of trickling up to the upper management who really tries to screw you. Remember Enron? Worldcom? et. al.? Stop worrying about it and move on.

Anonymous
They have landed in Nashville in a new Black Ford Excursion rented from ARMADA with GA tags. The boys are from atlanta and I have Price Cannon's address which i may publish if it is accurate. Otherwise i will turn him over to homeland security for lying to banks.He is about 5'11' with bleached dreadlocks selling bantam towers epiphany speakers. Laney is one of the other names

Anonymous
This is the information that was given to the Madison, AL city clerk for SoundVision's license to solicite.

BRENDON ROSENBAUM
300 TREELAKE CT.
ALPHARETTA, GA 30005-6774
(404) 423-4684

I bought a pair of these speakers about 4 months back. I have yet to have a problem with them... I have the High Standing Floor Speakers, not sure which ones they are, Built in 10's in the side, but they sound awesome. I paid 200 bucks for them, They are ran off a 600 watt Panasonic reciever with two jbl's as surrounds and a 15 for a little added bass, but even without the 15 they still hit extremely hard. No distortion what so ever, I like them, would def get another pair of the same ones, as for the rest of the product line, i dont know anything about it

Anonymous
The postings from Monday, October 27, 2003 - 10:51 pm from Anonymous and
Monday, October 27, 2003 - 09:30 pm and
Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 01:30 am
from notasucker are from the scammers themselves again. Same lines they throw at their potential victims. Think about it people, why would some random person check out this site and waste their time writing about how great these speakers are two times (with rather large posting that certainly took a while to write), if there wasn't something in it for them. Also, let's get something straight. There is a huge difference in selling speakers out the back of a van, illegally then selling fruit on the side of a road where you have obtained permission to do so. Also, I wouldn't compare this scam with door to door sales of a legitimate product. They are not the same, especially when fraud is involved. Personally, I would rather not work than lie for a living. I can also assure you that I do not work for a corporation that sells speakers. I work for the IRS.

If you purchased these speakers, take them back. They are worthless. Take the speakers back to their distribution centers. Some of the addresses to the distribution centers are located on this page and others can be found at http://www.scamshield.com/Help.asp?id=4

Good luck, and don't let them intimidate you.

notasucker
Ok Mr. "Anonymous" who is saying that I'm a seller of these speakers. Why don't you put some sort of handle on here? I can assure you that I am just a customer who doesn't believe it is a scam if the product works as they describe. It worked for me and they sound great. I DO NOT sell these things, nor am I connected with them in any way. I simply looked at the facts and decided that, for me, they were an ok deal. Notice I said "ok" deal, not a great deal. Does that make it a scam? Quit trying to say that I'm only posting as a seller of these speakers. I promise you that I'm just a relatively satisfied customer. You obviously are not. Fine. But, don't put words in my mouth or try to lie about me the same way you claim these salespeople are lying to you. For the last time, IT IS NOT A SCAM OR FRAUD IF THE PRODUCTS WORK!!! Get over your embarassment about buying products outside the normal distribution system. Have you ever thought you might have been brainwashed to be good little lemming consumers who buy their goods and services from established large companies, then throw them away to keep the economy going? Huxley had a prescient view of what is going on in the book, Brave New World. I recommend you all read it. It is startlingly familiar.

Anonymous
Again, another posting from the scammer himself, notasucker on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 11:01. It is amazing that someone who just wanted to place a posting saying his product was "ok" is so passionate about it. FACE IT -- YOU ARE A SCAMMER! You rip people off. This scam is fraud. Look at the definition: Fraud is the intentional deception or misrepresentation that an individual knows to be false or does not believe to be true and makes, knowing that the deception could result in some unauthorized benefit to himself/herself or some other person. Gee does telling lies about the product (i.e. we had some "unfortunate overstocking") and misrepresenting the price or value of a speaker ($1,500 when we all know that to not be true) sound like fraud? It sure does to me. If it is not a scam, then why has a completely legitimate non-profit organization (scamshield.org) dedicated its main web page to this scan? Also, I was never embarrassed about my actions -- angry, sure. But I took action and got my money back -- after having to track them down via the secretary of states business records. A

As far as the Brave New World is concerned, I've read it. I'm not impressed with it. And if the scammers read some if it maybe they would take some advice from the Savage: "If you allowed yourselves to think of God, you wouldn't allow yourselves to be degraded by pleasant vices. You'd have a reason for bearing things patiently, for doing things with courage." In other words, don't lie to people, and don't degrade yourself by prostituting poor products to victims on the street just to make a couple of bucks. Why not open up a legitimate business. It takes more courage and strength to do that, than to steal money from people off the streets.

notasucker
You are unbelievable. It just goes to show that people will believe what they want to believe regardless of the truth. For the last time, I am simply a customer who realizes some value from the product and am urging others to take the same objective analysis to the product they bought by comparing it with other similar products. For those of you who bought these speakers, give them a chance. For those who insist on defending their idea of a scam, please stop calling me a liar and a scammer. I am neither. I am simply a customer who did some research. Too bad you're not impressed with Brave New World, because the throw-away consumer culture is precisely what we have today. You think it takes courage to have your own business. Do you have one? Have you really tried? Or do you just denegrate those who try but go against the grain of what you believe is a legitimate business? I think you are a coward and have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to entrepreneurial ventures. I think it takes courage to go against the established methods and come up with something new. And yes, I do own my own business, as does my grandfather, my father, and my uncles. Let's see you get out there and really scrap before you criticize what you don't know about. AND STOP CALLING ME A SCAMMER!!!!!!

Anonymous
Another posting from the scammer himself on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 08:08 am. Yes, I do own a business. A legitimate one at that. In fact, I've been quite successfully, marketing my business in new ways. I do know what I'm taking about when it comes to entrepreneurial ventures. If I didn't, then how did I turn a $30,000 business loan into a business with a 2002 posting of net revenues totaling approximately $12.3 million dollars? And I've done it all legally. It is not a matter of my "thinking" the scammers are legitimate. What they are doing, is by definition of the law (and don't give me any Brave New World comments on the law's definition -- I know you stupid argument) illegal and illegitimate. Don't tell me to scrap before I criticize. I've busted my a** for years running a business and I'm entitled to criticize whomever I choose. SCAMMER!

notasucker
I am incredulous and at a loss for words to reply to your posting. On second thought, maybe I can think of something to say here ;-) ...Why can't you believe I am just a customer? Oh I know! You know it all now because you have all this experience and a profitable business. There is no way your informed and experienced opinion could be wrong. That would mean YOU would be wrong and your pride just can't handle that. Hence, your insistent (or should I say incessant?) belief that I am a purveyor of these speakers. You are incorrigible and nothing I say will convince you that for some people, this is not a scam (and I am not a "Scammer"). The product works as described in the brochure. "Value" is a subjective element determined by the judging party. To the saleman, high value; to the customer, well, whatever the customer wants to believe. You must know that a basic tenet of sales is that the product's value is whatever the customer ascribes to it. If the customer believes he got a good deal on a car, then to him it is a good deal, no matter how much the car salesman made on the car. I'm confident that your pride won't allow you to leave the last word to me; therefore, I want to say one last time for the more able-minded readers of this thread that I am simply a CUSTOMER who chooses not to believe that this is a scam. The products are similar in price and performance to other speakers. A rational approach would discover this, regardless of the methods by which those speakers were obtained. Judge for yourself and don't listen to the prideful diatribes of those who would wish to keep you captive to their own way of thinking.

Anonymous
Notasucker. You present a terrible argument above because it can be turned on its head against you. Are you too pride to realize that this is a scam? Are you too pride to admit that you are wrong? I disagree with you on your basic tenet of sales statement as well. Pick up an economics book and read some Adam Smith. You will find that a basic tenet of sales is that the product's value is whatever the MARKET determines it to be. It doesn't matter what the individual believes. The tactics used by you and the rest of the scammers are fraudulent. This will not change your way of thinking I'm sure, because you are too busy trying to impress people on this list with your egotistical, paranoid, and misinformed belief system. I'm tired of writing to you. Good day.

Anonymous
I got scammed by these people in a different way. I applied for a job where all I was told was that I would be in sales selling speakers. So, I show up for work only to find out it's the "white van scam." Needless to say I turned down the gig. I am outraged at the business practices of these people and hope to do everything I can to stop them.

im mad
i wish i had seen this site before the scam. i feel so stupid. these guys, in a white van, told me that there was one system in the van that wasn't on their delivery manifest. they said i could get a deal. i gave them $240. after i thought about it i tried to get the money back, but they would give it to me. i went to find a cop but they were already gone. i went to the distro centers you have listed in md, and guess what. they arent there any more. two in seperate locations in md have the same number. i drove around for two hours looking for them. someone post a note if you see them in or around laurel md.

Anonymous
The registered Agent for the company in Maryland, Scott Mizener, can be found at the following address. This business operates as ACME Supply, Inc. out of Maryland. Go to this address and this person has to provide you with their address (by law). This information is avaiable at the Secretary of State's office in Maryland.

SCOTT MIZENER
SUITE 16
8750 CHERRY LANE
LAUREL, MD 20707

Anonymous
If Suite 16, 8750 Cherry Lane is no longer operating, then send them a blank envelope with return address correction requested. The envelope will come back to you with a forwarding address.

Which locations did you try, im mad? I'll help you locate them!

I did some research and found out that the phone number, which used to belong to the Baltimore SounDivision in Marlyand, has a new address associated with it. The new address is :
7800 Airpark Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
(301) 987-5769

I'm not sure if the phone number is still registered to them, but it's worth looking into. . .

Good luck.

Anonymous
I just got suckered by a sleeze bag and his sleeze bag Asian b*tch. I hope someone manages to put an end to their scum bag tactics. Until then though I can't wait to run into either one of them again. Batter up.

I.M. Stupid
F@*# me! I just suckered here in southern md. Two guys in a silver Tahoe. Seismic series w/ subwoofer. I haven't tried them out yet, but now I'm scared to. Guess we'll se what happens. You just gotta laugh at stupid s*@t like this. These guys are good. Looks like they're makin' their runs in MD now.

GONA GET U
Well, I got got too, by thouse SOB's out off of Interstate 198 in southern MD. I bought the satellite speakers, the 2 bantum speakers and the sub. I don't even want to try them out now, i'm kinda scared. I wuz just checking up on "how much money i saved"...ironic huh. But anyways, it wuz 2 white guys in a silver tahoe at a gas station. The main one talking kept saying how he had to hurry up cuz he wuz late for work....more like late for an azz whipping!!! BEWARE, please!...heres a play on words 4 ya "mr. epiphany guys". I have a Luvely Chocolate Flavored Pistol for dat azz...wana taste? Hurry , I'm late for work....

Vappy
Guys, I just got suckered yesterday (11/6) at a Target parking lot in Dallas, TX by 3 young guys in a white chevy van. One guy kept bugging me about him being late and stuff. He sold me the full set(5 small speakers, 2 standing speakers, and a subwoofer). I paid freaking 800 dollars for this. I can't believe i felt for this. I should have known better than to buy from 3 young guys in a van. I did get the liscense plate number. If anyone of you guys can help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Please tell me what I can do next. I would like to stop this scam. Thank you

Bruce Leroy
It is quite obvious Anonymous poster from the Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 05:03 pm post is a liar and only out to cause trouble. Because if he were a business man who turned a $30,000 into a $12.3 million dollars, he wouldn't be buying speakers out of a white van. In the middle of a parking lot no less.

Just admit you thought you were getting over. Tried out the speakers (not even sure you did that) and you are not satisfied with the results. Stop blaming other people for your stupidity and look in the mirror.

Anonymous
Actually, I am an the anonymous poster from Oct 30, 2003 - 05:03 p.m. I am not a liar. I have acutally turned $30,000 into 12.3 million. Why is it so hard to believe that a business man would purchase speakers from the back of a van? It wasn't necessarily that I was stupid -- although I do admit it was a dumb thing to do -- because I was really pressured into purchasing these speakers. I felt threatened to cough up my money. Also, I'm not blaming anyone for the stupid move I made. I was simply trying to warn the others out there that notasucker is one of the scammers (and the most likely the author of the posting previous to this one). You also state that I am out to cause trouble? I don't think I am the one out there making money off of people by violating the law and using fraudulent tactics. In fact, I'm doing jus the opposite. I'm trying to warn people of this scam!

Now, for Vappy, the poster on Friday, November 07, 2003 - 04:47 pm. Take your equipment back to the distribution warehouse at the following location:

SounDivision
2626-A Manana Dr.
Dallas, TX 75220
Phone: (214) 358-5359

Ask for your money back. You will probably get 85% of it back (if they haven't moved out by now) because they will attempt to charge you a ridiculous "restocking fee" (a/k/a rescamming fee) of 15% of the original purchase price.

I.M. Stupid
Anyone know a location here in MD where I can attempt to take my trash back. It would be appreciated!

Drkrode
These three guys with the white Van were in the Burlington Coat Factory lot in Morrow, GA (south of Atlanta). They ran their hustle and yes a transaction for $200.00 was made for the Epiphany, Bantam Towers. The speakers are actually good speakers, comparing them to my Bose 501 Series and a set of JBL's that are of very good quality as well. If I had come off of more money perhaps I would feel violated. Of course I was a skeptic as to if I had been jacked, but after listening to them I am in fact satisfied. Yes, immediately after connecting them, I wanted to check out the actual price. After finding limited information, I came across this site. Obviously, by now if you've researched the email addresses on the box do not exist and the address on the Warranty is to an Adult Star Fan Club (Funny). If these guys are doing this to make a living and they are tuned in to this site, all I can say is "Do what you Do, I am not mad atcha"! I hope that one day that you go legit and I actually see these speakers in a store. Until then, please continue to sell working products because some pissed off person will catch up with you or a colleague and it probably wont be a pretty sight! For those of you who overpaid. What can you say; they were willing to negotiate as they did with me (they initially wanted $800.00 and took $200 and started to only offer $150.00). You accepted their bid, when you could have walked away. I sometimes deal on the streets and have my share of running game to recognize game; it is a chance you take! If the product was not working then "By All Means" be upset with them, find them and put a cap in them if you must... but if it was working fine and you are upset because you parted with your money then you can only be upset with yourself!

Not the one
My brotha just got approached by these clowns in Laurel Maryland. He hit me at home to see if I was down with getting a set so we could work the price down. I ran the web address www.epiphanyaudio.biz on the web and it lead me to this site. I told my brotha to walk and this was a scam. Watch your back in Laurel...

Fight Back
From what I can tell, they are changing tactics and using two very hot girls as a major distraction. There was one guy riding around with these two hot chicks, and he didn't really seem interested in them. The blonde chick even rode with me to the ATM, flirting with me. I can't believe such fine looking women can't find a better way to make money than that. They were very prepared with literature, bogus magazine reviews, legitimate looking badges, and documentation on the equipment they were trying to pass off. This is evidently an organized, nation-wide scam that will not be taken down until exposed on the national media. This incident was in Huntsville, Alabama. I would amost bet that there is an outfit in every metropolitan area, set up to pull the same, exact scam. I got suckered into buying the surround sound speakers. After finding this site, I had all intentions of hunting these SOB's down, but the best method of retaliation would be to expose these SOB's to the public, nationally.
If there is anyone that has connections to get the ball rolling on that, by all means, you'll be doing your part for the good of this country. This is a free country to do the right thing, not a free country to scam everyone that you can possibly scam.
Let's take these SOB's down!!

Anonymous
For those who claim that this is not fraud, i.e. notasucker:

"O.C.G.A 10-1-372 ("The Deceptive Trade Practices Act") clearly states that a person engages in deceptive trade practices when: (2) Causes likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding as to the source, sponsorship, approval, or certification of goods or services;
(3) Causes likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding as to affiliation, connection, or association with or certification by another;
(11) Makes false or misleading statements of fact concerning the reasons for, existence of, or amounts of price reductions; or
(12) Engages in any other conduct which similarly creates a likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding.
(b) In order to prevail in an action under this part, a complainant need not prove competition between the parties or actual confusion or misunderstanding.
(c) This Code section does not affect unfair trade practices otherwise actionable at common law or under other statutes of this state.

I have compiled a spreadsheet of the GA/FL "operation" and have found a pattern of similar corporate officers forming companies in both states and simply letting the Secretary of State dissolve the companies on the basis that an annual report was not filed. Currently the active company is Georgia is: "Acme Supply" (Active/Noncompliance Status). The company address is: "1710 CHATTAHOOCHEE AVE NW # 10 ATLANTA, GA 30318 " The registered agent is: Jason C. Taylor. Mr. Taylor's address is: "1710 Chattahoochee Ave. 102 Atlanta GA 30318" Mr. Robert Kochan is the CEO, CFO, and Secretary. Interestingly, Mr. Kochan is also the CEO of "Factory Direct Audio", which is located in Singer Island, FL.
Mr. Kochan is also the CEO of "Vision Ventures" (Active/Noncompliance Status) located in Chamblee, GA. (Note: The list is rather extensive and contains many names and addresses, I only highlight a few for the sake of brevity)

Compliance (with the Secretary of State) is required where local (within the State) activities constitute substantial business. See Briarcliff v. Associated Press (154 Ga. App. 369)
An Independant Contractor may be an agent. See National Home Life Assurance v. Hawkins (151 Ga. App. 60). Further, an agent/agency relationship may be proved by circumstantial evidence alone. See Collins v. Martin (157 Ga. App. 45). However, the declarations of an alleged agent cannot prove the agent/agency relationship alone. See Lawhon v. Henshaw (63 Ga. App. 683).

Per my conversation with the supposed mangager at SounDivision, the men in the van are independant distributors who buy merchandise from SounDivision (a warehouse). However, there are numerous problems with this argument. O.C.G.A 51-2-4 states that an independant contractor is one whom is employed to perform on the terms that he is free from the control of his employers. When you drive to the SounDivision parking lot (Mon-Fri, during the day) you will see many white vans and numerous personal vehicles. Now, if these men where indeed independant contractors, why don't they use their own cars to sell the merchandise? Further, why do the men say that they are affiliated with SounDivision, some even wearing logo shirts?
Digest that. More to come"

We are calling for all victims and ex-employees to contact the consumer reporter for WSB-TV Channel 2 in Atlanta, who wants to do an article about the White Van Speaker Scheme in the Atlanta area. We encourage everyone to contact him so he can get your information and perspective. It may make a difference.

Please contact Jim Strickland at:

strickland@wsbtv.com

Thank you and have a nice day!

How do you hook up the speakers I want to give them a try. I guess I need some special cables or something to stick in those Gold things in the back.

I bought them in best buy parking lot in Duluth from some real alternative looking kids one had a big tatoo on his neck and those weird earings that spread you ears. A kid hat looks like that could easily get a job somewhere else.

Let me know of to hook them up.

hello benjamins
just unscrew the top red and white jacks and put speaker wire to them positive and negative.
you only need to use the top set of jacks

Anonymous
The speakers aren't meant to be hooked up easily. I was told that the speakers would be equipped with Audio Video output receptors (the white, yellow, and red jacks that plug into most home theater systesm). My advice: take the sh@t back.

Anonymous
Another victim, These two guys in a truck at BEST BUY Laurel stopped me and telling me about the good deals they have on surrounding system.(Epiphany), Van was full of equipment telling me they where on there way to deliever them. I spent more that 30mins with these guys trying to figure WHAT IS "Epiphany" I told them and use to bose, sony and stuff. To cut the story short they gave me business number to call to verify the Epiphany on how good it is... gave me form for warannty and a reciept. I went to the atm and gave then $160.. I felt kind of insulted, but dont know yet until I try it.. I bought the 5 speaker surounding system. ARE THEY GOOD AND HOW TO I TEST IT... I think I still have the number on my cell phone for there office... I was trying to do a search for the brand and I got to this site.. I wish I had a blackberry on me then to quickly search online while I was with then..
Please help a brother out whats the next step. I NEED TO TEST THE EQUIPMENTS

I bought 2 set of speakers from the infamous white van guys. I dont understand why most people are so pissed. It seems as if most are not installing them correctly. Are ya'll making sure the impedance is correct ( 8 ohm speakers on an 8 ohm system )??? Are you connecting them as per instructions???? Are ya'll powering them sufficiently? There are nominal wattages on the boxes. I have epiphany bantam towers and cypress audio lightning towers and am totally satisfied. I am using a 120 watt per channel technics amp that is 15 years old. The speakers beat the daylights out of the high end speakers that I was using. On a lighter note..... A bunch of the previous posters need to stop worrying about buying speakers and concentrate on learning to spell. Huked on Foniks werked fer me.

Anonymous
and yet another post by the scammers dated Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 01:51 am

Obviously this guy is an idiot who needs to teach spelling and stop backing this scam.

He is a liar.

Anonymous
i want to add to the discussion here.it seems to me that you should do more research before buying anything. especially electronics.epiphany is probably the epitomie of irony.buy from someone that has an established store location.i would bet that businesses that have these parking lot sales people would like to know about the "EPIPHANY" people.crap is crap and buying crap makes you feel like shhhhh it.

I am not a scammer, I work nights for a living. My e-mail is posted, if you want to correspond, I will tell you more about myself. Again, I am thouroughly pleased with my speakers. I think most everyone that is complaining has no clue about phasing or nominal power to the speakers. If people feel they have been ripped off, I understand as it has happened to me in the past. I took the chance, and am pleased. It is a choice you make in life or not. the choice is yours. If I had bought the speakers and had been ripped off, I would have written it off as experience. Have a nice day :)

Bash us all you want, it doesn't matter. There are plenty more ducks were you all came from. And for all of you who can find just about everthing wrong with these brand of speakers, go back to school and learn how to hook up speakers, sh*t happens.

Flea ya later sailor.

Anonymous
Speaker Girl. Something tells me this is that red haired, red-necked, trashiling lookin' biatch selling this sh@t. You are ugly!

Josh
My friend and I were aproached today in Jackson MI by the White Van near Best Buy. I didn't buy anything buy my friend did. Now he is selling them to my brother for 100 bucks after he bought them for 200. I guess they sound ok, nothing spectacular. I just don't like how they decived us and said they were worth thousands of dollars.

Anonymous
you would think they'd buy a different color van by now, but I guess the white one is still doing the job.

I don't think people hear about this until it happens to them.

I.M. Stupid
Hey guys, I just recently hooked my system up, it's a 5.1 "seismic series". And they sound awesome. No S**t! I guess I lucked out. And the only thing I might have to get to get "true" surround sound is a receiver. So you guys probably won't hear from me anymore! (New name is...Lucky SOB) :)

Anonymous
"This is the information that was given to the Madison, AL city clerk for SoundVision's license to solicite."

BRENDON ROSENBAUM
300 TREELAKE CT.
ALPHARETTA, GA 30005-6774
(404) 423-4684

I hope this address is correct because I sent a letter stating that "If they ever think about setting foot in Madison, AL to run their scam, they had better be 10ft. tall and bullet-proof!!" I will find you and I will f**k you up if I catch you running the scam in my area!!

Speaker Girl
Wow, you got some issues. But let me tell you this, we got more than one speaker girl. Sh*t, we go nation wide baby. You ain't seen nothing yet!

Anonymous
Beware of Speaker Girl (see last message) - a red haired, ugly biatch. You will certainly notice her with that disgusting face and fat rolls coming out from under her armpits. If some redneck approaches you that looks like this and tries to sell you speakers, she's full of of sh@t.

A friend of mine used to work for those kind of companies... Im in NJ and they are all over the place...

Everything is legit with them. I have never had the pleasure of listening to these so-called speakers....
Those kids make a decent penny with that job --- I just think it's kinda shady to be selling sh*t from a van without a co name or any decription...whatever

Anonymous
I paid $200 for the pair of Bantams. Are they worth that? They sound fine and seem to be built nice.

Enigma7
I live in Greenville, SC and recently purchased a pair of the Bantam Towers for $250, (of course I owe the joker that sold them to me "a beer" because of the "low" price") in the parking lot of home Depot/BJs.

There was the commonly seen young obnoxious guy with the token blond in the passenger seat and they both honestly looked like they worked for a legit company. I fell for it hook line and sinker.

HOWEVER...and I say that in all caps because I really mean this...I am not at all disappointed with the quality of the speakers.

All I have is a cheap sub-woofer and an AIWA mini-system, and these babys are solid with crisp tweeter definition even when cranked up. Are they worth $1,500 bucks? I don't think so. Are they worth $250 bucks? Heck yes. It sounds like the other stuff they are selling is junk so I can't comment on that, but the towers are pretty sweet.

Am I upset right now? Yes and no. Once I got the speakers hooked up correctly I had no second thoughts about the sound quality; it's pretty sweet, and really adds alot to a movie or video games. I'm not upset about the speakers themselves. As a matter of fact I love them.

What I am upset about, is the fact that those idiots are out there lying to people and getting rich off of it. I loath dishonesty, and what frustrates me is that I fed their deceptiveness. If they would have walked up to me and said that these are killer speakers and that they were $250.00 and then demonstrated them for me, I still would have bought them. They didn't have to be all sneaky about it. I'm a graphics designer here in G-ville and he even took my business card because he said that his company was going to produde an 11-page marketing brochure and he seid he'd give me a call about possibly doing it. He'll never call.

For all of you "Van Salespeople" that are reading this: I'm not mad at you or what you do. I actually thank the Lord that I'm not in your shoes and I FEEL DEEP PITY that you can't find a better way to make an existance during the brief time you have here on Earth. Find a real job. There's more to live than a quick buck. There's more to life than you could possibly know.

The bottom line is this, I am 24 years old and have never been scamed like this. I learned a valuable lesson: DON'T BUY THINGS FROM PEOPLE IN VANS!!!! Fortuately for me the speakers are worth what I paid (but not $1,500)in this case and hopefully because of this incident I will have the wisdom to make the right decisions in the future. Live an learn folks.

Anonymous
I just found this web site after being sold the Epiphany speakers for $250. Quite a good scam job, though the speakers are ok. The license number of the white van is: IL 242 9277, from Illinois--I am in Freeport, IL. Called the police but them seemed less enthusastic to follow up. Live and learn. They were in a Menards parking lot.

Anonymous
Just got taken for the Solo Surround System in Merrifield, VA. about 30 minutes ago. $400. Does the stuff work? Where can I find these punks. Two punk m'f'n white kids and an asian dude who was doing the dealing and claiming he really wasn't with the white trash..same beer story

Anonymous
I just got hit at Lowes in Fredericksburg, VA about 5:30 pm. These guys are smooth. Epiphany Bantam Towers out of a white van, less that 20 feet from the store exit. White Van in the loading lane.

Gee, can't wait to try them out. My wife is laughing at me.

Rick Jones
I'm at homedepot, getting a skill saw for a house project that I'm doing, when out of nowhere these three guys in a white chevy van pull up. Guy number one asks "hey want a great deal?" I say sure. They get out of the van, open the back, and pull out two speakers. They're the C4 towers. I thought to myself that they didn't look half bad, but, I know relatively nothing about speakers. They told me that they retail for $1400 or something. I'm psyched, I'm getting the deal of a lifetime, as they offered them to me for $350! I'm into buying them, when a realization occurs ... I don't even know if these things work. I mention my concern, and the young men agree to come to my house, hook them up to my existing gear, and let me hear for myself. We get to my house, two of the dudes grab the speakers, and I walk with the leader, leading the other two into the house, and over into the room with the gear. The dude hooked them up, fiddled and diddled, and we played them for about 20 or so minutes, they were perfect, better sound quality than I've ever heard. I go to find my wife, and let her hear the quality. I go into our room, when I see her getting it on with the two other dudes. I'm ripped! I chase the guys from the house. If anyone knows anything about these guys let me know.

Rick (Macon, GA)

Anonymous
CALL 630-532-7818
TELL HIM TO F OFF

I just bought a pair of these speaker 20 minutes ago. Have not tried them yet, but I don't believe I'm going to be happy with the results. 2 guys, white Van in Fredrick Maryland. I came back to work looking for these speakers on the web to see how much I really saved. I'm -$200. I should have know better. I almost want to run out to see if they are still in the area.

ROTFLMMFAO!!

I bought the little surround sound speakers in a Diamond black finish. They look great!

I was more worried about buying a box of bricks than phony speakers?! I checked the box, checked the speakers and everything seems fine.

I'll hook them up to my Sunfire system tonight to see if they are better than my DT's. I bought these as a goft for my dad because he is really into home audio too.

I don't loathe or despise these guys. They were really nice. Only one guy talked and he had two other guys in the back. He had a whole bunch of this Epiphany stuff back there. He wouldn't sell any of the other stuff to me, said he had an "order to fill." He had only two sets of the speakers I bought for sale.

We'll see how they sound tonight. If they are no good, I have the licsense plate number written down somewhere.

Caveat Emptur

P.S.- Big screens and italian leather suck. If you were really intelligent and rich, you have Plasma T.V's and Microfiber couches because leather makes your backside sweat. ;P

I paid $700 dollars for the stuff. I bought a sub with amplifier, 5 epiphany surround sound speakers, and two cyprus tower speakers. I know all about selling product for below market value, so I should have known better, even if they showed me advertizements with huge prices~$1,200.00 plus~. I still should not have paid $700 for them. I thought I was getting a really good deal; but, I paid tooo much. That sucks. Anyone in ALABAMA who ran across these guys can send a mail. People like this should not be on the street if they are outrightly deceiving people. If I were selling something to someone I would not lie about the products' quality.

Ray
We just met up with two guys on Friday night in Maryland with a Epiphany Holographic Imaging System. I was very reluctant to buy but my husband wanted it. He first wanted us to pay $600 and then I said no so he went down to $400 and then we changed our minds and he went down to $300. I think it was a very good buy at that price. We hooked it up to our big screen and we love it. We got rid of 5 different components with this 1 system. I don't feel scammed at all. I am a satisfied customer.

Anonymous
I was told by my wife that what I did was very uncharacteristic of me and I agreed with her. I paid $400.00 for two Bantam Tower speakers, 5 surround speakers and a 130 Watt amp w/12" sub-woofer. I'm not a speaker guy but after having help getting everything all hooked up, I am quite pleased with the purchase. Will I ever buy from a vehicle again? NO WAY. So far so good though. They have been working 8 hours a day for a week now. Oh by the way, the con artist Efran Roman has moved up from a white van to a silver Tahoe. IL license 216 4002. (Urbana, Illinois)

Same scam going on in West Chicago, IL
Two White Guys in there 20's( I guess) trying to unload $4500.00 worth of Stereo Equipment. I didnt fall for there whole little scam as I just kept asking them questions. They said they where out of Lombard, IL...but lived in Rockford and their boss told them to unload the equipment before they got to their "install" job in Glendale Heights. Van had no markings with the high tail lights that run up the side.

There was an identical situation to the one listed above by Dan at Golf Mill Shopping Mall in Niles, IL. I was leaving the JC Penny's entrance and was just close to the food court entrance when what sounds like these same two identical guys in a white van wearing ID badges approached me and offered to sell me a home entertainment system.
They were both in there 20's, one had brown hair and a short beard and the other had blonder hair (he wore a hat). I admit they did look professional. They had laminated "benchmarks" of the speakers and comparison charts to other competitors. They had the price listed on a laminated piece of paper with some details about each product. In the entertainment system that was being offered, he said it would include four Bantam Tower speakers, 5 surround speakers and a 130 Watt amp w/12" sub-woofer, a DVD Player and later he offered to throw in another set of speakers whose name I cannot remember. He first told me it all was a $4500-5000 system and that he was on his way from Lombard to unload this at location that was not given. He said he would much rather sell it to an "honest" person like myself than to hand it over to "fat corporation owners so they can pad their wallets." He told me to name a price, but when I asked him what he thought was reasonable, he told me he would unload everything into my car for $3500. I was hesitant at first, unsure if these products were truly genuine. I haggled with him and bullshitted to him a sob story about my current "financial troubles at my office", how my wife had lost her job at United, and my increasing reliance on credit cards to pay off my monthly bills. After much deliberation and pretending to contemplate "what my wife would say if I walked into the house with an armful of electronics," I got the price down to $600 dollars for everything plus one of the guys added to the deal a another set of speakers but I refused to bite on the deal.
The reason why I did not bite is because when I told them I had no money on me, they were very persistent in trying to convince me to go to an ATM machine and withdraw the money needed to pay for the system. They didn't want business checks, which made me very suspicious from that point on. They asked if I had enough money at my home and told me they were willing to drive home behind me and would help unload everything. I began to suspect that this was nothing more than a foulplay by their acting; when one of them decided to cut the price to $1000, the other began to protest the sale of the items (it seemed pretty fake to me, especially when he put his hands over his head and began to mutter to himself about how that wasnt "part of the agreement"). After I told them my wife would have my balls if I bought these speakers and after I had driven to a stoplight, these same guys came to me again and offered to lower the price even further. I told him I couldn't and this time he drove away. I didn't buy a thing but are those speakers any good? Did I blow the deal of a lifetime? Right now I have the Sony SS-LA300 Series 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System. Can anyone tell me something about these "Epiphany Speakers?" He had specifically told me that they "blew Bose out of the water in sound quality." Is this true?

Please Email me a response as soon as possible. I do want to find out more about these speakers. I hope I have given enough details about what happened to prevent similar occurences by the same individuals at least around Chicago.

There was an identical situation to the one listed above by Dan at Golf Mill Shopping Mall in Niles, IL. I was leaving the JC Penny's entrance and was just close to the food court entrance when what sounds like these same two identical guys in a white van wearing ID badges approached me and offered to sell me a home entertainment system.
They were both in there 20's, one had brown hair and a short beard and the other had blonder hair (he wore a hat). I admit they did look professional. They had laminated "benchmarks" of the speakers and comparison charts to other competitors. They had the price listed on a laminated piece of paper with some details about each product. In the entertainment system that was being offered, he said it would include four Bantam Tower speakers, 5 surround speakers and a 130 Watt amp w/12" sub-woofer, a DVD Player and later he offered to throw in another set of speakers whose name I cannot remember. He first told me it all was a $4500-5000 system and that he was on his way from Lombard to unload this at location that was not given. He said he would much rather sell it to an "honest" person like myself than to hand it over to "fat corporation owners so they can pad their wallets." He told me to name a price, but when I asked him what he thought was reasonable, he told me he would unload everything into my car for $3500. I was hesitant at first, unsure if these products were truly genuine. I haggled with him and bullshitted to him a sob story about my current "financial troubles at my office", how my wife had lost her job at United, and my increasing reliance on credit cards to pay off my monthly bills. After much deliberation and pretending to contemplate "what my wife would say if I walked into the house with an armful of electronics," I got the price down to $600 dollars for everything plus one of the guys added to the deal a another set of speakers but I refused to bite on the deal.
The reason why I did not bite is because when I told them I had no money on me, they were very persistent in trying to convince me to go to an ATM machine and withdraw the money needed to pay for the system. They didn't want business checks, which made me very suspicious from that point on. They asked if I had enough money at my home and told me they were willing to drive home behind me and would help unload everything. I began to suspect that this was nothing more than a foulplay by their acting; when one of them decided to cut the price to $1000, the other began to protest the sale of the items (it seemed pretty fake to me, especially when he put his hands over his head and began to mutter to himself about how that wasnt "part of the agreement"). After I told them my wife would have my balls if I bought these speakers and after I had driven to a stoplight, these same guys came to me again and offered to lower the price even further. I told him I couldn't and this time he drove away. I didn't buy a thing but are those speakers any good? Did I blow the deal of a lifetime? Right now I have the Sony SS-LA300 Series 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System. Can anyone tell me something about these "Epiphany Speakers?" He had specifically told me that they "blew Bose out of the water in sound quality." Is this true?

Please Email me a response as soon as possible. I do want to find out more about these speakers. I hope I have given enough details about what happened to prevent similar occurences by the same individuals at least around Chicago.

Username: Get_well

Post Number: 1
If sold in Tennessee or outlying areas and states one of the Headquarters is in Nashville, Tennessee. Called

Acme Supply
216 Omohundro Pl
Nashville, TN 37210-2204
615-742-7455.

They have Sound Division Certificates all over walls with name Chris Evans and pictures of sellers celebrating from scam profits. Manager is Chris Smith? Demand your money, stay calm, and DO NOT LEAVE untill you get your money. Good time to go is From 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 9:00 PM to 12:00 PM; that's when most likely to find someone there. You can stay there during the day and you may possible meet someone stopping in and out. It's bull crap that only the person you bought the product from can give you refund. A distributor is responsible if he sells faulty defective product. Police will likely not be much help initially, but may turn against you, especially if you are black--sad, very sad but true.

Anyone can email me and we can see how we can put these people out of business. Let us NOT SIT BACK AND WATCH THEM WIN.

The Worst Action is In-Action.

We all need to Rally Together.

Contact Your Better Business Bureau, State Attorney Office, in sold to state and states where they are located.

Contact your local Newschannels so they do stories on these people and help give the public needed awareness.

If it was not for a report Nashville Channel 2-WKRN did, gas station attendent would not have been able to tell me their possible whereabouts and proximal location. She too was tired of the inteference they caused to her business, and the dissapointed customers who walked away only to open boxes with no speakers or boxes just filled with bricks.

Email me if you have any information on actions that can be taken against these people.

Username: Speakerguy

THERE ARE MANY COMPANIES OUT THERE THAT USE THIS DIRECT MOBILE MARKETING TECHNIQUE WHY YALL ARE PISSED I WOULD MAKE SURE ITS SOUNDIVISION PRODUCT BEFORE TRASHING THESE GUYS FOR DOING WHAT THEY DO AND YES IT IS TRUE SOUNDIVISION DOES GIVE TAG WATCHES OUT AND THEY DO GIVE TAHOES MOSTOFFICES HAVE 2 AND TO LET YALL KNOW YES I DID WORK FOR THEM AND MADE A SH@T LOAD OF CASH SO ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO ALL OF YOU DUCKS IS ITS SLAM TIME BIATCH

Dan Roberts
Unregistered guest
Dr Robert Johnson II....If your really interested in High End Audio Equipment, you would have to start doing some research. The "Really Good Stuff" is not sold at Best Buy, Circuit City, or even Tweeter. I will not knock Bose, because sometimes they are what the customer likes. In the arena of the really good stuff you will hear names like Plinius, Electrocompaniet, Krell, Arc,Reference 3A, Parasound, Byston...etc. Pick up the magazines at Borders. When it comes to audio, don't let anyone ever try and show you spec's. They are meaningless. Let your ear be the judge. Yes...I have met the guys in the van. their systems are fair...worth about $150.00 Epiphany is definately low equipment. For some peoples ears, its fine. If the amp goes...you can just junk it. If you look at Plinius...www.pliniusaudio.com, they have a 20 year warranty, but this is expensive stuff. We are Talking $2000.00 for a 2channel amp. Music is all in the ear. Any audiophile will tell you, that your ear is what counts. Regards

pawnshop
Unregistered guest
4:30 today I was approaced by 3 crackers in a white van.They were going south on 301 they approched me we pulled over into the shopping center in Waldorf Md.By Circiut City.They told me the stuff was worth 1500.00 and the other piece was worth 1999.00.They wanted 800.00 and 500.00for the other piece I told them i'd give them 100.00 .They said "naaa" I got back in my car and started to leave then one said he'd take 250.00 cause they had to divide it up three ways.I stuck to 200.00 they went on 230.00,225.00,210.00.So thats how I became a possible member to the family,( I still havn't tested mine but the pawn shop sounds like a real good idea.)By the way I bought the Epiphany acoustic holographic imaging sys.A red flag raised when while haggling in the background the other guy was acting as if he didn't want the other guy to go 200.00.The acting was so fake and obvious.While they were leaving something told me to get the tag # then we'd all be better off.so working or not by this time tomorrow it will be the pawn shops problem longs I get something for them.Anyone know someone who needs some 1500.00 speakers for 250.00 holiday special halla back.Call 555-1628 or 301-936-1212.

Post Number: 2
pawnshop dude, you should go and get your money back. if more people do that they be more hesitant to pressure people to buy. I suspect something about you; what kind of numbers did you post?

Post Number: 3
Dan Roberts--What is your problem talking to Dr. Roberts that way. You too must be a speaker guy hey. Your insolence is preposterous.

Post Number: 4
In Nashville, managers name is shannon

Post Number: 5
Check out this site:
http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/InPerson/speaker_scams.htm

It even gives a first hand account from someone who worked with them for a day and why distributors will say that the salesmen are independent, but really are not.

g mny
Unregistered guest
this is an old scam. it happened to me in CALI when i was 17, 32 now. traded a good car amp and a few bucks for a pair of speakers.i knew they where inferior when i unpacked them. i used them mainly in the garage until my puppy choc lab ate them last year.
what comes around goes around. those f'ers will get f'd ........ KARMA........

white van luver
Unregistered guest
i just bought the bantam towers from the infamous white van. i tested them b4 i bought them and i have to say there the best speeakers ive ever owned. the mids and his are phenomenal. the bass lacks but what do u expect from a couple of 6 by 9s. 2 sets for 400. i love the guys in the white van.

PissedOffOutlaw
Unregistered guest
To all that have been FUC#ED by these MOTHERFUC#ERS. Use what this great country does best! CALL UP YOUR LOCAL NEWS STATIONS AND SPREAD THE WORD. These fuc#ers will pay. Most stations won't even take your name if you don't want to give it.

Unregistered guest
I bought my Epipany home theater system on Long Island in New York in summer 2001 from a white van. I paid 400.00. The system has been very good except that I broke the remote. Does anyone know how I can get a replacement. Sorry to hear about the scams. (I passed on the tower speakers)

willinga
Unregistered guest
my name is will and I just had my best friend get ripped off by these losers. as soon as he bought them he called to ask me if they were any good due to the fact I worked for many years at a high end home a&v store in alpharetta so i know the goods.after not recognizing the brand i went on my comp to do research and here I am telling this story. I plan on getting in touch with the gentleman who is planning a civil law suit against them because this practice is ILLEGAL!! those who have been taken advantage of need to do the same!!!

PissedOffOutlaw
Unregistered guest
hey willinga, Pls give more info on the law suit. I whould love to help fuc# these guys.

Unregistered guest
Scammers in the big silver Tahoe working the Laurel/Fort Meade, Maryland area better beware. I have my 9mm Beretta pistol with Silencer fully loaded and will shoot you down if I don't get my money back. This is the former U.S. Army Ranger that isn't a stranger to killing scum bags like you with a slit of the throat. I have the resources and time to track you down and when I find you, someone's gonna pay one way or another. I spent $400 on the Epiphany Acoustic Holographic Imaging Systems speakers and thought they'd make a great gift for my sister being worth "$1,500." I would've been satisfied if it really was stolen merchandise from the back of a freight truck, but they LIED to me. Since I can't find proof of their retail pricing and am now flat broke, I will acquire (not require) a full refund of $400 and not a cent more. You're days are numbered. THIS THREAT IS REAL! The D.C. Snipers have nothing on me. To call off this Seek and Destroy Mission, email me with accurate information to obtain refund. Otherwise write your wills because you've finally messed with the wrong consumer. All the bad Karma mentioned in the previous posts have been evoked. You have been warned. For those that got gypped, check in from time to time for I will post links to pictures of the damage I'm going to inflict on those two punks operating Route 198 when I get my knives within range.

Post Script: Any co-workers or affiliates that can contact these boys better alert them A.S.A.P. because hunting season begins NOW!!!

Post Number: 6
people have got to be alerted before it happens to them. this reporting after the fact is doing much good. reports should start containing how potential buyers 'shot' the solicitors down! Let's all make that happen.

PissedOffOutlaw
Unregistered guest
I hear ya U. R. Dead. If you need backup, i'll happly help. Again I must post asking for anyone who has been fuc@ed by these guys to send some e-mails to their local news papers/stations. If these guys are going to take our hard earned cash, shouldn't we help to return the favor?

P.S.
if you get that accurate intel for a refund, pls post U. R. Dead

Anonymous

this is jake from chicago these guys got me in burbank in the food for less went with me 2 bank 2 take out money becareful i havnt tryed them yet but ill see if they are ok they are 1 white dude and one big fat mexican dude hoping around like the are a good deal

onthelookout
Unregistered guest
More info for u r dead i was approached by a white van on 198 by three guys selling for soundivision. so it's not just the tahoe you are looking for. also saw a big moving truck loading into two white vans in the dominos parking lot on 198. didn't see the same guys though. Maybe coincidence. Happy Hunting.

willinga
Unregistered guest
for those intrested in persuing some kind of civil suit against these SOB's send an email with all the facts to poedinatl@hotmail.com. he has all the resources to go after them and put all these stories of people being ripped off finally to rest. For myself i also sent a letter to a consumer investigator at 11 alive and hoping to get a response from them soon.

Anonymous

I just purchased a pair of Cypress Lightning T42's on Ebay for $300 a pair. Seems to be too good of a deal since they suppose to retail for $1969.00. When trying to get additional info. I stumbled on this site. There is a Cypress Home Entertainment site at http://store.yahoo.com/cypressaudio/lightningt42.html which appears legit. Does anyone know of any scams dealing with these speakers or any words of wisdom. I haven't paid as of yet but will need to soon. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

I got suckered yesterday on the cypress serious cinema 6.4 system in Stillwater Oklahoma. I'm old and trusting and got scammed for the first time in my life. White van, two young kids, extra set of speakers shipped, ect ect. If I ever see you again I will have fun watching you piss your pants with a .45 in your face and cold steel in my left hand. I will get my money back and you will get your speakers back. It doesn't matter who I see (selling) or where (any city will do fine) I will be on the look out till the day I die. I don't forgive and don't forget. If you would like to resolve this peacefully please meet me back where you first met me. I'm the guy with the detector.

detector
Unregistered guest
Please meet me Saturday the 17th day of January at 2:15 p.m.

Anonymous

Ran into the van duette in the Home Depot/Staples parking lot in Brighton, MI. Asian (Korean) female and Caucasian female. Similiar speil. "Hey, are you interested in a surround sound system? We were on this job and were over-stocked... my boss said I could do what we wanted with them... Should of trusted my instincts, but got suckered by the pitch...even left the "lifetime" warranty. Pursuing law enforcement intervention.

Unregistered guest
i got taken good in nov 02', in new jersy by newark , this kid joe sold me a Epiphany Solo suround sound system he was with some bucacca from that day on ive had problems certian dvds the sound doesnt work if anyone could help me fix the problem i would appriciate it u could e-mail me if anyone knows where i could find these people please tell me thanku rino

tony hopeitsnotascam
Unregistered guest
I just now maybe three hours ago got stopped buy a guy and girl at a sports authority in fredericksburg, v.a. got a pair of epiphany split tower speakers he used the same lines like 20$ for beer money and i saw you use the atm, boss wont let me return these to the wharehouse, blah, blah, blah. I paid 170 and two motorcycle helmets maybe worth another $300 thats ok i didn't need them anyways, but i have yet to try them and i hope they work!!! if not i will let you all know
his name was scott lawerence, 240-351-6688 cell
out of baltimore m.d. grey tahoe plate # m737930 if any of that info helps

Username: Suckered

I was suckered this afternoon in Hopkinsville, KY. There were three people in a white van, two girls and a guy. They claimed they were working for Sound Vision out of Nashville. Same ol' story about the left over speakers and had to get rid of them. Bought two bantam towers for $200. I opened them after the thin brunette put them in my truck before we went to the atm. They looked fine so proceded with the payment. She kept asking for more but wouldn't give it. Well, when I got home and got them out of the box there were some problems. One of the mids was missing all the screws, one of the gold plated connectors that runs form the bottom set to the top set was missing, and on e of the boxes was pretty beat up. I wouldn't be worried about my mistake of this ordeal except for these defects. I took them to a friends house and compaired them, before I knew they weren't the real deal, and they didn't sound bad. They were louder than his speakers but didn't have the bass which was expected. I was happy with the sound. Now I'm really PI$$ED off because I won't be able to get the screws and pieces to match. And, I have a beat up box that looks like $hit. So if you cons are reading this you can get me off your back by making the deal right with some quality speakers insteadof some used ones. The plate # is on cam at the bank and will be on your a$$ over this! I was in the joint for over three years and thought I was careful enough not to be conned by a street person. That is what pi$$es me off the most, a con conning a con, lol. Anyone that can give me some advise on how to get this stuff repaired or exchanged please email me at alford@hopkinsville.net I'm ready to go after these people!!!!!!! If they were selling quality stuff I wouldn't be typing this right now. I would be satisfied with a lesson. But if there is a business that can replace my stuff with new stuff I want to do it rather than trying to track these people down.

Post Number: 7
Acme Supply
216 Omohundro Pl
Nashville, TN 37210-2204
615-742-7455.

Go there and demand your money back. Take no crap about sellers being independent. These people are terrible. You can try calling, but they do not usually answer the phone. If you go there, which you should ask to speak to a manager. Speak to no one else or they will lie to you. Or speak to the person who sold you the product. It is best to get there early between 7:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. because that is when they have there meetings and load their van. No one is usually there in the afternoon, but they arrive there between 8:00 pm and 11:30 pm.

Anonymous

I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE MANUFACTER OF THIS EPIPHANY SOLO DVD SYSTEM TOO. I NEED A REMOTE TO MINE I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO EVEN REALLY TRY IT OUT YET. AFTER FINDING THIS SITE I'M SCARED. DOES ANY BODY HAVE A WAY TO FIND ME A REMOTE TO THIS THING? OR ANY IDEA HOE TO GET ONE? HELP HELP

Unregistered guest
Another one bites it...
Same story with three kids in a Tahoe. Cypress 6.4 system. I'm too embarrassed to say what I paid but at least I gave half in cash and half check so I had time to check things out. I just stopped the check. For anyone else scammed in Lake County IL, I got some info...
Chevy Tahoe IL plates 216 4002
Seller probably had a bogus license but for what it's worth: Christopher Freund - 10 W. Saint Charles St., Lombard, IL. If anyone knows what I'm going to find out when I hook them up, please let me know. Do they at least work? Just crap sound? What are they really worth? I got six pieces, PSW8, 3-way top, and center speaker 2 of each. Feel free to tag me.

the dude in the van. Nashville
Unregistered guest
Hey, i use to work for this company (sound vision). The product is legit, the speakers are ok, but the way they sell them is completely illegal. It is fraud. be careful.

the dude in the van. Nashville
Unregistered guest
oh by the way, the guys in the tahoe are big wigs, the punks in the vans are just trying to make some cash.

Username: Domino

WHAT ABOUT A REMOTE GUYS DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND ONE FOR THE EPIPHANY SOLO SURROUND UNIT? I NEVER GOT ONE. I CAN'T REALLY GET IT WORKING WITH OUT IT. HELP HELP HELP HELP
WHO DO I CALL? WHERE?

Anonymous

TO: th dude in the van. Nashville, are the sellers really independent are or do they sort of work on commission, just like car salesmen? What are the ins & outs of this company? Please share some information

Lisa P.
Unregistered guest
To the guy that won't give his name, or any name for that matter, get a life. How often to come to this site. You obviously don't have a job let alone run one because you always have time to write a two page report on why you think that it is a scam. I DO WORK FOR THE COMPANY in the corporate office. And considering I deal with "Motor Vehicle and Distribution" forms, "Sales Tax" forms, and "Resale Certificate" forms all day long, I know that they are independant contractors and that you don't have to use your own vehicle. There is something renting "Mr. Business Man" where the independant contractors sign a form to rent the vehicle from the company. By the way, it is legal no matter how you try to switch it around. They have a business license, the company pays sales tax, and has been in business for a really long time. Obviously someone likes what they bought. You can report them, get a refund, or whatever you want to do, but in the end it doesn't matter. So, save your energy for something where your voice counts. It is one thing to write an email or two because you are mad, but you have way too much time on your hands buddy.

Username: Domino

Post Number: 2
hello anybody home! i still need a remote to the epiphany solo surround dvd unit. can anybody help. i'll buy it or whatever tell me who to call. i really want this thing. help help

Anonymous

I know someone who used to sell. I think how it works is like this. They have say 5 sets of speakers in the van. If they sell the sets for over say $200, they get (the people in the van split) everything on top of that. If you are paying $600 for a set or even $400, they got you big and that is a BIG day for them. Their goal is to sell out the van in a day. They get a bonus for that and that is their goal. So, to get the bonus, they may sell a set for $200 and not make money on that, but to get the bonus, especially if it is the last set in a van and the day is almost over. My friend who sold was a nice person, just major lapse in judgement with this one.

right
Unregistered guest
I was taken in the Home Depot shopping center in College Park, MD by the white van. I bought a set of Cypress speakers for 400 when they told me they were worth 2000. I tried not to do it but they cornered me at my car and then I told them I would get there money but I had to go into Shoppers grocery store to get their money. One of the f^@*ers followed me in there to make sure I got the money and then they took off. On the brighter side, things do always have a way of evening out fellas.

Bob Roberts
Unregistered guest
For all the ticked off folks, let's start taking them for a change. They tend to load the speakers in advance of getting the cash (in order to get you to think they're legit or maybe to just pressure you more.) If you know where they look for targets, go or get friends to go and take off without paying! They're crap speakers but they work. If you get a few sets you're nearly even. If you're not sure where they hunt, follow them from the distribution centers. They wouldn't have any way of complaining since they're selling without a license and a simple "I paid them!" would satisfy any cop anyway. If the kids get ripped off in your area enough, maybe they'll stop hunting there. So put on your best Oscar worthy performance, tell them you were just looking for speakers, what great timing... I want two sets! Then you can give them to your buddy for garage speakers or dorm speakers. early twenties are the usual target demographic so turn on your college age friends to the deal and get the whole frat in on the act! So lock the doors and haul a$$, amigos! I'd love to see their faces.

Username: Texaca

EPIPHANY SPEAKER SCAM...

The scam is good and strong in the Dallas Area... I actually ran into two girls trying to peddle their "Epiphany" wares on me. Pushing their "so call" $1300 speakers for $300 dollars, because they needed to get rid of excess inventory out of their garage.... Yeah right!...

If it sounds like a scam, then Its a scam... If you been DECEIVED, LIED, AND FELT LIKE YOU BEEN TAKEN... ITS FRAUD, FRAUD IS FRAUD... not matter how much you paid for the speakers, or how nice the salesperson is, or how good looking, or where you bought them... or how little you paid for them, or where you bought them... It still is Fraud, which is illegal in any state...

see: http://www.scamshield.com/default.asp
http://www.scamshield.com/Feature.asp?id=1
http://www.scamshield.com/Help.asp?id=4

watch out for the "WHITE VAN OR SUV" in the parking lot, and watch out for pretty white trash girls... pushing their crap... --Alfredo

Anonymous

hello sellout

you are all crazy
Unregistered guest
blah blah blah

you are all crazy
Unregistered guest
If you made a deal live with it.If you shook on it live with it.I hooked mine up and im pretty happy with the outcome of the product.You should walk away from your computer and hook up what you got.Listen to it and enjoy it.Not sit on your computer and ponder and wonder what's going on just get off your but and hook it up.thats what I did and I had fun buying them.

Anonymous

these guys suck I saw them again in madison, alabama in the lowes, winn dixie, and brunoes parking lot. warned potential buyers about their scam. buyer walked away, praise jesus.

n
Unregistered guest
seller's in madison said his name was A.J and parner was Cody. Said they worked from the Nashville office of soundvision, but had georgia licence plates. I am going to screw them up...big time.

n
Unregistered guest
seller in madison said his name was A.J and partner was Cody. Said they worked from the Nashville office of soundvision, but had georgia licence plates. I am going to screw them up...big time.

paperwork
Unregistered guest
I just got scammed in Nashville (3/1/04)-I had them sign a contract that speakers were worth (the value they were stating), not stolen, functional, and new. I took out their driver's licences to confirm their names. Will this do anybody any good?

Post Number: 8
TO: Paperwork

If you have their address from their driver's licence, send a copy of the receipt to them. I hope you have their phone numbers, since you happened to get their correct names. If not, if you want your money back look at a few posts above and find thier adddress in Nashville, which is

Acme Supply
216 Omohundro Pl
Nashville, TN 37210-2204
615-742-7455.

If you call,they probably will not pick up. Go there and ask to speak to the manager, Or to the people who sold you the stuff (ask for the sellers by name. You can say he gave you the address if you needed some more speakers or something. You have three days to get your money back so 3/4/2004 would be you last day. If you atleast contact them by then, they should not make any excuses to not give you your money. If you do not speak directly to the manager, do not say to much to the others there because they will lie to you and tell you that the people who sold them to you do not work their or they do not know how to get in contact with them. The manager has all of that information. He should be able to give you back your money. Do not listen to any crap about the sellers acting independently. It is all a way to get around reimbursing customers. If you go their in the morning between 8-11 or evening betwee 8-12, You should see the individual sellers there, or you can also wait in the car and look out for the two who sold you the stuff, and go up to them when you see them. The manager is usually in and out of the office through-out the day. Good luck man, and write if you need any thing else.

j.j.
Unregistered guest
I've ran across guys like this "3 times" when I lived in Florida. The first time I passed on them knowing nothing of the scam. After relating my story and people telling me it's a scam I messed with em' twice.
The first time I acted really excited about them and when it came down to price I told them "Since you guys have been so nice i'll give you $10 for them since that's all they're worth." They left quickly.
The second time I told them I thought they were a great deal but I needed to get my money from my office. I also told them the guys at the office would probably but the rest of them. You should have seen their faces light up! I then told them to follow me over to the police station because I was a cop and that's where I worked. Funny that they didn't follow me there.

Anonymous

1-Way to Get A Refund!

if they do not give refund you your money, take them to court. You can call directory assistance to get the legit name of the company at the address, if you do not already have it. Put the name of the company and the individuals on the court papers. That way all parties are required to show up.

Doing that will definitely get you back your money. These people do not want to get dragged into court.

The law when used properly, works properly.

Anonymous

court doesnt work against the company.because they did not sell them to you. you need to contact the distributor that sold them to you!

Unregistered guest
Oh my goodness. What a shock. I cannot believe these guys are all over the country. My boyfriend just got taken for $150.00 in the parking lot of a Rite Aid in TOledo, Oh. We came home to hook up these speakers that were "better then Bose" and well..do I need to say what happened? I feel like an idiot because I did not stick to my gut and say NO! But I guess we must learn the hard way. I got the guys plate number. Same thing out of Hollywood and the same speal the everyone else got. The plates were out of Michigan. I would like any info on what I can do with this information. I called my local news station, I don't know what will come out of it. The bottom line is...You don't get something for nothing...or even $2500.00 speakers for $150.00 out of a van!!! I have a ssales slip and much more info if anybody else needs it.
Yes, I am a sucker.

Sunny
Unregistered guest
hi we got scammed in Clarksville, TN back in Oct. I know it's too late to do anything now, especially since we've moved overseas, but I just hope that the word gets out and no one else falls for this. We have tried hooking the speakers up to our tv, but the sub/amp is the only thing that works. :-( Those of you who have gotten the speakers to work... did y ou have to buy anything extra? We were told that the 5 speakers hook into the sub and the sub acts as a receiver when hooked to the tv... I don't know much about surround sound, so we fell for this.. can anyone give some suggestions on how to get the speakers hooked up?

domino
Unregistered guest
i need a remote for solo epiphany suround unit help

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 356
you won't find any. You have to go to the same scammers that played you.

Court Action
Unregistered guest
the company is the distributor. do you actually believe that they are independent. do you actually believe that the company is a wholesale distributor. if they were, the guys riding in vans would pay for the speakers before they sold them. They do not do that. They bring back all the money that was made during each day , and then they are given a cut of the money.

Sometimes they do not even get paid.

Have you not heard about the guys who starting working for them, and realizeing it was not legitimate work, quit and were never had-PAID-any money for the sales that they made. If you have not, read the posts on this website and on other websites, e.g. www.scamshield.com., www.stereo411.com and others.

If they were independent, why would the managers of the branches need to have meetings each day--morning and night--with the sellers. Independent people would get their merchandise and only comeback when they needed more. That does not happen.

If sellers were independent, they would not get questioned about why their sales were low demanded to sell more. The managers would not go over daily sales figures with the sellers, and it would not be cumpolsury to come back with the money at the end of the day.

GET A GRIP IF YOU THINK COURT DOES NOT WORK AGAINST THESE PEOPLE. If you say that, you must be one of them yourself. Even if they've got papers that claim independence, knowledge of the law can prove they are not by examining their practices. A good lawyer can definetly look at them & see big SIGNS of CODEPENDCE in everything that they do. Importantly, a lawyer may not even be needed.

The DIMROD WHO wrote that court does not work against these people is one of them himself. He obviously does not want anyone taking necessary action if the compnay does not want to do good business, which they do not.

That DIMROD wrote: contact the distributor. How are you to contact someone that has given all false information. The addresses on the receipts are fake, the addresses on the warranty cards are fake, AND THE SPEAKERS ARE FAKE TOO. They are not worth anywhere close to the figures that they show you in their fake magazines and brochures. The specs are fake too. If you can get their real i.d.s and call their phones infront of them to make sure that they work, that is probably the only real thing that you'll get. (Then you track them down and shoot 'em 'n kill 'em).

If you go to their offices some of them will lie to you and not help you locate the seller, even if he's inside. I've personally seen it. One branch said that they did not have the contact information for another branch and did not even know anything except the city in which they were located. That obviously was a lie and proves that they do not want you to locate the seller, if they want to play the game where you go to the seller to get your money back. I have seen them lie even more to my face, and it is even funnier how they contradict themselves.

THE SPEAKER GUYS SUCK; THEY SHOULD ALL BE DEAD!

The speaker guys suck they should all be dead.

Posted on scamshield
Unregistered guest
IF YOU WANT TO POSTPONE BATTERING THEIR HEADS:

Here is a different approach to the problem, please note that you can only use this if you did not buy from them and was only offered, if you bought in the past and you want to get back at them then use this the next time. As always if you can get this on tape it's much stronger but since you are strangers your statement will be strong in court.

Most, if not all of the white van scams, say that they have speakers that do not belong to them, maybe their boss over stocked their van or maybe a mistake in inventory, any way you look at it they are admitting to sell[ing] items that they are not the legal owners of!

Refuse to buy and take a note of the license plate, call the police and do not report an attempt to scam you but an attempt to sell you stolen goods!

here is where it becomes fun, they will come in for questioning and most likely say that they are the legal owners of the speakers and show receipts and yes they will prove that it is not stolen, but trying to sell you items under the presentation of stolen is a conspiracy to commit a crime. Again note, if you have bought from them do not use it, if you agreed to buy thinking that they might be stolen or they might not be the rightful owners will get you convicted of the same crime!

at this point they have a choice of which crime to confess to, theft and the attempt to sell stolen goods or conspiracy to commit a crime, both carry jail time.

Good luck, be careful, try to get it on tape (audio or video) and if you really want to get them this will work but be ready to give statements and spend some time in court.

(from a user post on http://www.scamshield.com./Sighting.asp?country=none&state=Georgia&article=1).

That is a beautiful idea!

They Made News Baby!
Unregistered guest
VIDEO OF SPEAKER SCAMMERS

from a wsbtv-Atlanta, Georgia--news story segment

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/2826847/detail.html

Let's see these speakers idiots explain that.

Going 2 Court.
Unregistered guest
I'd love to see the follow-up segment but can't find it. Anyone have an address for the second installment? I'm taking the IL d1cks to court and anything the "independant contractor" says might help make it stick better. I'm going for the company not the kids.

Going 2 Court.
Unregistered guest
P.S. Anyone who says the speakers "rock" doesn't know a thing about audio equipment. If they work out of the box, they are nothing but loud. The sound sucks and the construction is such that what little quality there is will fade quickly. The internal electronics are lousy too. But I guess ignorance is bliss. Enjoy your loudspeakers.

swindler
Unregistered guest
For all who got scammed, scam back! Seek them out! Look for those white vans. I've gotten them twice! Gave them a false check the first time, rode off with a car full of merchandise!
Act like a mark and you can take them for a ride!

I hate them
Unregistered guest
I just got swindled in Novi, MI. A fast talker named Chris out of a Chevy SUV (TAHOE?) got me to buy 4 TT3 CypressAudio Speakers for 600 dollars. The whole time I had a bad feeling but like a fool I fell for it. I can't believe this thing is happening all over and I never heard of it. It just pisses me off because I don't even need speakers. I'm such an idiot and I want to get my money back if I can. I also want these guys off the streets.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us