TP-LINK today announced the Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router, the world’s first multi-band router based on 802.11ad — the latest, most powerful innovation in wireless technology. Powered by the 802.11ad and 11ac MU-MIMO solutions from Qualcomm Atheros, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, the AD7200 Wi-Fi Router delivers ultra-fast speeds of up to 4.6Gbps on 60GHz bands.
The router uses a new frequency with untapped bandwidth and channels at 60GHz. It also utilizes existing 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, resulting in combined unprecedented 7 Gbps Wi-Fi speeds throughout the home as well as combines 802.11ad with 802.11ac MU-MIMO to provide a step up in capacity. Superior to the standard dual-band structure, the router transmits locally stored media and content from the cloud drastically faster, ensuring that devices function at prime performance. With the TP-LINK Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router, consumers can download an entire feature-length 4K HD video in about four minutes or transfer a thousand photos to a storage device in approximately five seconds, without any concerns about network interference.
Equipped with 11ac MU-MIMO technology, the TP-LINK Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router yields 2.5 times better 11ac performance while supporting several devices simultaneously for gaming and streaming. It also boasts eight antennas with high-powered amplifiers to supercharge the Wi-Fi signal, keeping smartphones and devices connected to the network at all times. Dynamic beamforming technology also further maximizes device performance and delivers a stronger, targeted signal across the entire home network. Additionally, its powerful 1.4GHz dual-core processor enables high-speed connectivity with seamless coverage. The router is also backwards-compatible, allowing it to work with older wireless protocols such as 802.11 a/b/g/n.
Price and Availability (May 18, 2016 update)
The Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router with a MSRP of $349.99 USD is available exclusively online at NewEgg.com and exclusively in-store at Fry’s and Microcenter retail locations.
- AD7200 Multi-band with 4-Stream technology delivers up to 7200Mbps Wi-Fi speeds over 2.4GHz (800Mbps), 5GHz (1733Mbps), and 60GHZ (4600Mbps) bands
- 60GHz band allows users to stream 4K HD movies in minutes and instantly share thousands of files and photos over an interference-free connection
- MU-MIMO technology enables Wi-Fi for every device with multi-user support
- Powerful 1.4GHz dual-core CPU to enjoy high-speed connections without interruption
- Active 60Ghz adaptive beamforming enables Gigabit performance and dense deployment
- Eight antennas with high-powered amplifiers supercharge your Wi-Fi signal
- Four gigabit Ethernet ports enabling lightning-fast wired connections
- Two USB 3.0 ports to share files, photos, music, and videos across the network
- Beamforming technology to send targeted Wi-Fi signals to individual devices
- Set time limits and block websites through parental controls to keep children safe
- Guest networks provide visitors with Wi-Fi access separate from your main network
- Advanced security encryption to protect your data
- Check network status and adjust Wi-Fi settings from your mobile device (Android, iOS) using the TP-LINK Tether App
- Supports 802.11ad and backwards-compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac