37-inch Display Includes Latest Technology for Sharp, Detailed Images
Round Rock, Texas, October 18, 2005 – Dell today added a 37-inch display to its TV lineup that is the largest LCD panel it has offered to date. The W3706C is designed to enhance customers’ home theater experience with sharp images in medium- to large-sized rooms.
The company also announced that it is now taking orders for the W5001C model 50-inch plasma HDTV unveiled in September.
The W3706C and W5001C, priced at $2,299 and $3,799 respectively, incorporate the latest technology designed to deliver sharper and more detailed images. The slim-profile TVs are aimed at customers who enjoy watching high-definition (HD) content like broadcast sports, movies, or DVDs, or playing video games. They feature large wide-aspect screens and HD resolution that delivers razor-sharp pictures and connection options for HD feeds, DVD players and personal computers, to name a few. The flat panel displays are also equipped with dual integrated analog and combination digital/analog tuners to receive over-the-air HD content.
“Customers expect quality flat panel televisions as a key part of their high-definition home theater experience,” said Gerry Smith, vice president, Dell displays. “The Dell W3706C and W5001C TVs answer that call with outstanding high-definition clarity, ease of use, and the ability to connect almost any content source.”
The Dell W3706 and W5001C allow users to multitask by viewing images from different sources simultaneously, with dual tuners and Picture-In-Picture (PIP), Picture-On-Picture (POP), and Picture-By-Picture (PbP) modes. An easy-to-use long-range, back-lit remote control enables straightforward access to menus in low-light environments.
Four installation service options help customers get their new flat panel televisions working as quickly as possible1. These options range from un-boxing and connecting the TV to devices, wall mounting, or speaker mounting with concealed wiring. The company also offers customers more peace of mind with limited warranty2 upgrades up to five years.
Technical Specifications for the W3706C and W5001C:
- Widescreen high-definition resolution with WXGA (1,366X768) resolution
- Excellent viewing experience with a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio
- Slim profile 4.41 (W3706C) and 3.5 (W5001C) inches deep when the stand is removed
- Rich visual detail with 800:1 (W3706C) and 8,000:1 (W5001C) contrast ratios
- Excellent display of 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i resolutions with video powered by PixelworksTM
- Wall or stand mountable (mounting equipment sold separately)
- Exquisite images in various lighting environments with 500 cd/m² (W3706C) and 1,100 (W5001C) brightness
- Over-the-air high-definition content with built-in tuners (ATSC and NTSC)
- Sharp images with 3D Y/C Comb Filter
- Robust connectivity for almost any device that connects to a TV, including dual HDMI ports, dual composite, dual S-Video, dual component, TV in/coaxial (NTSC/ATSC), VGA/PC audio; composite, S-Video and audio connectors added to the side for easy connection of such devices as digital video recorders and game consoles
- High-quality audio with two 15-watt (W3706C) and 20-watt (W5001C) speakers that are stand, wall or TV mountable with SRS TruSurroundTM virtual surround sound
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) is a trusted and diversified information-technology supplier and partner, and sells a comprehensive portfolio of products and services directly to customers worldwide. Dell, recognized by Fortune magazine as America’s most admired company and No. 3 globally, designs, builds and delivers innovative, tailored systems that provide customers with exceptional value. Company revenue for the last four quarters was $52.8 billion. For more information about Dell and its products and services, visit www.dell.com.