The authorGEN family has released authorPOINT 3.6 with some thoughtful new additions. authorPOINT is a content authoring tool with a powerful
PowerPoint to Flash converter, which can be used to author, manage and convert PowerPoint presentations to Flash format.
For Immediate Release
Raleigh, NC July 07, 2006
authorPOINT 3.6 has been released by authorGEN Technologies. authorPOINT can be used as a PowerPoint based e-learning video content creator (you can output in Flash 8, Real Media or Windows Media formats); you can also add your own video to your presentations as you present in PowerPoint’s
slideshow mode. It comes with a content manager to allow easy management of your content.
The most significant feature of this release is that the trial version can now be used to create full-length multimedia presentations in Windows
Media and the Real Media formats; there is no limit to the size of the presentations in the free version and the outputs are without watermarks. You would need to buy the software though, if you need to output your presentations in the Flash format.
CEO and founder of authorGEN Technologies, Harman Singh remarked that this would increase the popularity of authorPOINT, and also give a boost to e-learning usage and interaction, as more instructors and presenters would be able to use this presentation-authoring tool.
Whats new in authorPOINT Version 3.6 ?
1. authorPOINT will work on all windows 2000 or higher platforms and MS-Office versions including non-English Operating System settings and Office
2. 30-day trial period: No watermark on any of the outputs. Flash presentation builds will be limited to 2 minutes. The complete content will be captured but the output will be limited to 2 minutes. After the 30-day trial is over, Windows media output and Real media output will be available and will produce full-length pesentations – free, in the trial mode. Flash build options (including Pocket PC Flash) will be disabled. On activation of authorPOINT, Flash build options (including Pocket PC flash) will be enabled; building the presentation again into Flash will output full-length presentations.
3. User-friendly registration options are now available.
4. authorPOINT can now update itself from the content manager: This helps to keep authorPOINT updated with latest features and bug fixes by users without having to re-download the future versions.
5. authorPOINT Plug-in: A new, easier-to-use user interface to launch authorPOINT within PowerPoint and to capture screen.
6. Automatic global settings for Flash 8 on presenter’s machine are now available.
7.’Edit presentation details’ option to allow you to edit and update the different details such as presenter’s information, slide notes and slide
title after a presentation has been captured.
Detailed information regarding the new release is available here: http://www.authorgen.com/authorpoint/release3.6.htm
In a nutshell, the new authorPOINT is all the more closer to its vision of being the easiest PowerPoint to Flash conversion tool to use, to develop rich media content from the desktop. All the features and improvements put authorPOINT on the forefront of Flash presentation authoring software.
About authorGEN Technologies:
authorGEN Technologies — http://www.authorgen.com/ provides software products and services to enable complete communication. authorGEN is involved in developing software and online solutions for e-learning for easy and seamless delivery of, and access to online education.