VIA Technologies, Inc., today announced APC Rock and Paper.
Rock is a complete redesign of the original APC. With a faster processor, more memory, and lots of expandability, Rock is the perfect system for prototyping projects. APC Paper, with its unique recycled cardboard case, is a $99 computer for people wanting to connect to the Internet without the need for specific Windows applications.
Both Rock and Paper run a custom Android system built for keyboard and mouse input. Also included are a full set of consumer I/O ports and an extensive set of on-board pin headers for expansion, enabling APC to connect to your PC monitor or TV.
Documentation, bootloader, and kernel source codes are available for download now at http://apc.io/library.
- Optimized Android OS (4.0)
- VIA WonderMedia ARM Cortex-A9 @800Mhz
- 4GB NAND Flash
- 512 DDR3 SDRAM
- Hardware accelerated 2D/3D graphics and video
- VGA (port only on Rock)
- 1080p output
- USB 2.0 (x2) and microUSB (OTG)
- microSD slot
- 10/100 Ethernet
- Audio out / Mic in combo
- 20-pin ARM-JTAG header
- Extra GPIO, SPI and I2C busses on a header
Pricing & Availability
- APC Rock is currently available for order for $79.99 at apc.io.
- APC Paper is expected to begin shipping in March of 2013 for $99.