Alienware, Dell’s premier high-performance PC gaming brand, launches the all-new M17 notebook, continuing its strong tradition of pushing gaming performance limits through state of the art technology, wrapped in the iconic Alienware style.
Available today in the U.S. and Europe, the 17-inch Alienware M17 is powered by the world’s first mobile quad-core processor, the Intel Core2 Extreme QX9300, and is Alienware’s first notebook with ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology, featuring dual ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3870 cards.
Discerning gamers can get their hands on an M17 featuring an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, ATI CrossFireX technology, 3GB of DDR3 memory and a 1920 x 1200 Extreme High-Definition LCD for under $2,000. Explore Alienware’s interactive M17 homepage to learn how this system delivers aggressive performance at an equally aggressive price.
The Alienware M17 notebook can be configured with:
- The Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9300, the world’s first mobile quad-core processor, delivering revolutionary performance, efficiency and multitasking capabilities for maximum speeds, up to 50 percent1 faster than previous generation mobile processors.
- ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology featuring dual ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3870 graphics cards for intense HD video playback, full DirectX 10.1 support for the latest next-generation games and frame rates up to 80 percent2 higher than single GPU solutions.
- DDR3 memory for up to a 50 percent increase in transfer rates, as well as the bandwidth necessary for the notebook’s quad-core capabilities. With up to 4GB of DDR3 memory, the M17 has the edge in data retrieval, load times and multitasking.
- Dual 500GB hard drives linked in a RAID 0 configuration for a massive 1TB storage capacity — enough to hold roughly 160 games, 250 full-length movies or 250,000 songs3.
- A 17-inch Extreme High-Definition 1920 x 1200 resolution display for remarkable Blu-ray Disc and HD video playback.
- The Alienware Command Center control panel, home to exclusive programs such as the AlienFusion power management system, AlienSense facial recognition software and AlienTouch touchpad controls, allowing you to take complete control of your computer.
- Alienware’s Stealth Black, a soft-touch, matte black finish that protects the system from fingerprints and scratches. True to its roots, the M17 features the bold look of Alienware’s signature Skullcap case design.
“By incorporating the all-out performance of CrossFireX graphics and quad-core processing into Alienware’s award-winning notebook lineup,” says Frank Azor, executive vice-president for Alienware’s Product and Marketing Groups, “the M17 delivers an impressive feature set at a price point that doesn’t break the bank.”
“By bringing together the raw power of the Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad-Core mobile processor and the advanced engineering of the Alienware M17 notebook,” says Doug Parker, Intel’s director of marketing for America’s Sales and Marketing Group, “mobile users can be confident that they will experience extreme performance for incredible gaming on the go.”
“AMD and Alienware have come together to offer mobile gamers a revolutionary visual experience,” says Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Products Group, AMD. “Powered by twin ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3870 graphics engines, ATI CrossFireX technology enables an immersive LAN party gaming experience, dynamic gaming environments and stunning 3D effects for the hardcore PC gamer.”
For more information on the Alienware M17 notebook, please visit: www.alienware.com/M17.
1 Performance measured based on 3DMarkVantage CPU test comparing notebooks with quad-core Intel Core 2 Extreme processor QX9300 with notebooks based on dual-core Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor X9100. Actual performance may vary. See http://www.intel.com/performance/mobile/extreme/index.htm?iid=perf_mobile+extreme for important additional information. (Due to its length, this URL may need to be copied/pasted into your Internet browser’s address field. Remove the extra space if one exists.)
2 Single ATI Radeon HD 3870 graphics card.
3 Drive usage on average file size of 4MB per song, 4GB per movie and 6GB per game. This does not take into account any programs, operating systems or additional files that may be stored on the drive.