Samsung DLP 74 series

tp
Unregistered guest
I've read that there will be a Samsung HLP 4674, coming out in October. Can anyone confirm, does anyone know price, and/or can anyone point me in the right direction for further research?
Also, what is the benefit of the 74 series over the 63? I understand that the 74 will have the HD2+ chip, but why is that better than the HD3?
Thanks!

jjesusfreak01
Unregistered guest
October 22nd
$3500
HD2+ chip is the advantage. HD3 are wobble chips that are not fully hd, but they do part of the picture and then resolve the rest. HD3 are budget chips. They are smaller, and have worse contrast ratio.

Log onto AVSForum.com

Username: Moelawn

Post Number: 1
Jesusfreak01 wrote: "HD3 are wobble chips that are not fully hd..."

What's a wobble chip? Thanks.

Username: Moelawn

Post Number: 3
Samsung has the 74 series sets listed on their web site. Here are some notes:

When watching a movie on HBO-HD, you can see how the "cinema" mode is very nice for some movies (also for DVD's). Samsung's specs say that the 4674 has "Cinema Smooth Gen-4 HD" and the 4663 has "Cinema Smooth Gen-3 HD." The 4674 does not have the Cinema Smooth feature listed in the specs at all. If that means no "Cimema" mode, then I would miss that.

Both the 4663 and 4674 have 720p display format

The 4674 has a listed 2000/1 contrast ratio, the 4663 as 1500/1. The 4685 is listed as 2500/1. Maybe since on the 4685 they have the stand to house some of the hardware.

Now I am leaning toward keeping the 4663, even if it does have a wobbly chip.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us