Help on Deciding which DLP set to go with!

Username: Theburninator

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm in the market for a good DLP television right now and I'm having trouble deciding what to go with. I'm looking mainly at the Toshiba 46HM84 and the Samsung HLN467W. I'm trying to keep it in an affordable price range for me. I can't find much information on the Toshiba, but it seems to have the better DLP engine...so I would assume better PQ. What do you guys think? Are there other tv's you might recommend in the same price range? Thanks in advance!

Post Number: 2
Does anyone have any input on this?

Omaha
Unregistered guest
I too checked out the 2 TVs you are talking about. I personally liked the Toshiba alot better. I've seen to many problems with the Sammys (a/v sync, rainbow effect) and I haven't heard many issues with the Toshibas. The Toshiba has an HD2+ chip which will is alot better than the older HD2 chip in the sammy your talking about. After months of research I had decided on the Toshiba, but I ended up leaving the store with the new JVC HD-ILA set. They didn't have the Toshiba in stock and I fell in love with the JVC. I'm pretty sure I would have been just as happy with Toshiba though. If you can fit a 52", you might want to check out the JVC before purchasing a new set.

Post Number: 3
I could fit a 52", but I think that one's going to be just out of my price range. I'll be stretching it already to get the Toshiba. I'm also still curious as to whether LCOS might have long term fading effects like lcd is supposed to.

Username: Moelawn

Post Number: 7
Roger if you go with Samsung then I suggest that you get an HLP or later model, i.e., HD3 or HD2+ chip.

Some of the older sets do not have a DVI or HDMI connector, just component.

Can't tell you about any other brand besides Sammy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us