Toshiba LCD, JVC DILA or HITACHI-Best Bang for the Buck?

Anonymous

Hey AV junkies/gurus,
We have finally moved into our new house and I really need to buy a BIG TV soon so my wife will climb out of my butt!! My Living Room is and open area of 19.5 x 22 but my wife wants a walkway behind the couch so the approx viewing distance will be 12 - 14 feet. Since there are no big open windows the lighting conditions are variable and adjustable.
Our viewing habits are SD TV, DVD and soon HD TV (I'm a HD Newbie)
I"d like to find one with acceptable SD viewing

When viewing the DLP's I can see the Rainbow effect and it gives me headaches, so I have ruled out the DLP's. So I've narrowed it down to

Panasonic PT50LC14 LCD
JVC HD-52Z575
Hitachi 50VS710 or 810

Price really isn't an obstacle here.

I would really appreciate any help/advice on the TV's you have or have seen and steer me in the right direction of this large purchase. Thank you in advance.

Help me Mr. Miagi!!!!

Signed
Daniell Son :-)

Mr. Lynch
Unregistered guest
I shopped around for a few months and I finally decided on the JVC-52z585. The only difference between the 575 and 585 is one is all black, and has smart sound. My set up about 9 ft from the TV and I'm very impressed with it. I live in an area with a good signal and SD looks pretty good on this set. My wife watches alot of the women networks and was very concerned about be able to watch her shows. She is very happy with our choice. HD programs are unbelieable clear, with no "rainbow effect" like a DLP or any of the motion blur I notice with most LCD TVs. be aware the JVC set has alot brighter picture than the LCDs and sometimes the colors really jump out at you. I've had to tone it down abit. The fan noise is a little louder than I expected, but nothing too disctracting. You might not even hear it in a room of your size. DVDs look outstanding also. You can't go wrong with any 3 or your choices. Good luck with your decision. I can post a few pics of SD and HD if your interested.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us