New Sammy Tantus HLP56 or New Sony KF50WE620???

Dazed & Confused
Unregistered guest
Both New Models.. Did they fix things? Does anyone know anything about the new sets? The sony's have come down in price quite substantially. I'm in Canada and can buy the Sony for about $3400 plus taxes including a stand... The Sammy I can get for about $4700..
I don't mind spending the extra cash if it is worth it... Any comments

Tomy
Unregistered guest
Who is selling it for $3400.00 ??

Trial and Error!!!
Unregistered guest
I tried TWO Sammy's - a 43" which had a noisy fan and noisy colour wheel, and then tried a new HLP466 which had high pitched whine in the colour wheel. Also found some eye strain with the DLP's - I'm done with Sammy!

I now have a Sony LCD-RP 50" (KF-50WE620) on order.

Looked very good in the store and many users seem to be very happy with its picture quality.

I hope this one works out - maybe 3 times lucky.

Username: Jake_the_dog

Post Number: 8
Just remember that with any LCD set you are bound to get dead or stuck pixels. DLP sets do not suffer from that. MFR's and Extended warranties have rules as to how many dead pixels warrant a replacement set. Even 1 or 2 in the middle of your screen could drive you crazy. If you can live with that fact and they are not too distracting you will probably like the set. I bought the outgoing Sony 50" model 1 month ago and I returned it after 2 weeks for the Samsung HLP 5085W. If you saw the Sony set next to a HLP 5085W or a Mitsubishi 52525 you could see a clear lack of detail from the set. They had a scene of the ocean on all the sets at Tweeter and you could see far more waves and detail on the DLP models than any of the LCD's including Sony's XBR series. If you don't compare the sets side by side then you will probably be happy. I also had issue with the "shimmer" effect of the screen. If you were looking at a white picture such as a snowcapped mountain on HD Discovery channel for instance, you got a shimmering grainy white that to me was not really too white. It is not nearly as pronounced on the Samsung which has a much better contrast ratio. Maybe the new Sony models have addressed these issues but definitely go see them somewhere before you buy. I spent more on the Samsung but am happy I did. Trust your eyes over people's opinions and good luck with whatever your choice is.

email77
Unregistered guest
Stereo world in West Edmonton Mall is selling it $3,300 with stand. now can some one tell me did Sony fixed lamp problem?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us