Just purchased the capt. kirk (sammy 5085W) details inside!

big mike
Unregistered guest
Well as you all read, I just took the plunge on the sammy 5085W with the pedestal. I bought an audio rack that sits alongside the tv so that I could have somewhere to place my dvd, xbox and ps2. The set is FABULOUS. Words cannot describe how awesome it is. I have the sammy DVD player with DVI, hooked up via monster cables and the picture is breathtaking. If anyone has any questions, let me know.
cheers.

ps. got it at best buy for 3750 + a free 200 audio rack.

Bronze Member
Username: Tmskilz

Post Number: 26
Tiny Mike, congrats! hehehehe...I mean Big Mike,

I am still undecided on whether to buy into the Capt Kirk or wait for the xHD3 DLP set with 1080p native resolution.

How did you bragian with the BB people? I have read that some have received a free 5.1 surround sound system & a price range around the one you got by negoiating. usually mentioning Circuit City to a BB employee helps bring down the price & sweeten the pot.

Supposedly Samsung will soon release a rack for the 5085W that wraps around the TV stand so u can place it directly in front on the set, but if the stand satifys you, then kool.

How's the images with DVD, off air & on air?

An
Unregistered guest
What are you planning to watch on you 1080p tv?

Bronze Member
Username: Rudyq3

Post Number: 17
Mike,
can the pedestal stand be removed? I saw on Samsung website that they're selling a regular stand for the Kirk model.

Thanks

big mike
Unregistered guest
Ok i will start with tmskillz. First off, i would not wait for the xHd3, prices will be high, and the 1080p native resolution will not be fully utilized. Secondly, i just walked into best buy and told them cc had it for 3750, plus they were obligated to give me a free portable DVD player, which i used towards the audio rack (which i sorely needed). The images look wonderful. I have digital cable, and the picture is nice. I also have the sammy DVD player with DVI imput. I was watching bad boys II last night, and needless to say it looks amazing. hell, the digital broadcasts look unbelievable

Rudy,

As far as I know, it cannot be removed. The set came in one piece ( was an ENORMOUS box)..which I could not even place in my van. Had to go get the BIG 4X4 Chevrolet in order to even think about fitting the box. Even then we had to use straps. So, im not sure about removal of the pedestal...but im pretty sure it's integrated with the set....or else it wouldn't have come in one piece.

hope this helped,
cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Rudyq3

Post Number: 19
Thx Mike...hope you're enjoying your new set :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us